Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-26-2013, 03:52 AM

Welcome Mortals and Fae alike

A Faerie Ball isn't that different from a Mortal one, we must all look our best. Shine a bit brighter in the moon light. All of those good things and more. So common' and try your luck and test your skills.
Dazzle us with your Faerie Glamour and win a prize!

Prizes!

Prizes are given for each Category. There will also be some mysterious items going out to our winners as well as participation prizes.

1st place 2500
2nd place 1000
3rd place 500

Last edited by Nephila; 07-26-2013 at 10:12 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-26-2013, 03:54 AM

[/COLOR]
About Your Hosts:

Cora

Hi guys, my name is Cora. I love looking around Menewsha looking for the next greatest avatar around. I love the creativity of you guys. I've even been known to host popular Avatar contests in the past (see Project Mene for more details.) I want y'all to have fun you here.

Hints from Cora:

I love creativity. Use items in ways no one else would have thought to use them. I'm all for cleaver layering, but don't add items just because the color is right, add them because they feel right. Most of all I want to be able to see what you are doing without having to look up a lengthy description. The avatar should speak for itself.

Nephila

Sup mah Newsha's? My name is Nephila. zI've been in love with this site and it's people since forever. zI love the beautiful art of our tiny pixels and what people do with them even more. zI host the occasional thread here and there and jumped at the chance to have some fun and create some avatar contests for you guys. I run my own Avatar contest in the Avatar Chat section AVICONFFLE

Rules:
1) Please follow the ToS. This is supposed to be fun, we'd hate for people to be banned or even under warning.
2) Please don't bash the other contestants. Constructive Criticism is a wonderful thing if used properly. Don't let it get condescending in any way or you will be banned from the competition.
3) Entries must be submitted in this thread, up until the end of the event.
4) You may use either your own avatar or the DAC.
5) Please do not Ping me for an entry, I will see them. Pinging/PMing me for questions or whatever is fine though.
6) Do not use the My Friends Ping.......it annoys me to no end.

Last edited by Cora; 07-26-2013 at 10:14 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-26-2013, 04:02 AM

Glitter Glamour Colors

For this part of the contest I'm asking faeries and mortals a like to come up with an avatar using the favorite color scheme of Queen Mab herself.

Main Colors: White, Silver, Blue and Green (sage/mint/floral/sea green)
Accent/Optional Colors: Purple and Black

Any shade of blue is acceptable except for teal. Please no creams or off-whites in place of White.
Any skin tone is fine but if you decide to use an equippable skin please keep it within the color scheme. That goes for hair and eyes as well. . . Being a member of the dark side of Fae I won't hesitate to deny an entry that doesn't follow the color scheme.

Glamorous Colors Entry Form
Username:
Image of My Entry:

Code:
[size=4][color=medblue][b]Glamorous Colors Entry Form[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Image of My Entry:[/b]
The Entries:

Mythos . Ling . bloodstainedwings .

zigbigadorlube . shinigamikarasushadami .
Antagonist . fireprincess . Mageling .

Rochiel Silverfire . kent . Seridano .

Velvet . Moon! . Wyrmskyld.

Linnea . R a n d e h . ascadellia .

Last edited by Nephila; 08-05-2013 at 12:09 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-26-2013, 04:05 AM

Faerie Masquerade

Tonight on the night of the willow moon the fairies gather round Queen Mab to celebrate with a masquerade ball. For this challenge I want all you faeries out there to join in the fun and come dressed to the nines for this all time fun masquerade.

You must be wearing both a pair of wings and a mask of some sort but other than that you are free to choose your masquerade attire.

Faerie Masquerade! Entry Form
Username:
Image of :

Code:
 [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Faerie Masquerade! Entry Form[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Image of :[/B]

The Entries:

~~Mythos ~~~~~Antagonist ~~~~~~ Maidenroseheart~~~~~~Ling~~~~

Star2000Shadow~~~Bloodstainedwings~~~~shinigamikarasu~~~~wrymskyld~~~~

~~Rochiel Silverfire ~~~~~~~ Emma Corrin~~~~~~ M i n u x e~~~~~ Mageling~~~~~~~

fireprincess~~~~~~~~~~Velvet~~~~~~~~~~~Linnea~~~~~~~Shadami~~~

~~~~Seridano~~~~~~~~~Sabiir~~~~~~~~~~Ascadellia~~~~~~~~~~R a n d e h~~

Last edited by Cora; 08-04-2013 at 10:19 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-26-2013, 04:06 AM

Faerie Trickery!

Faeries are known equally for their sweetness and cruelty. They all have their own personalities and strange habits. For this contest I'd like to see some fun and creative tricks and pranks.

You can be either play the faerie trickster or the mortal getting tricked. Please write a short paragraph describing your situation. We're looking for creativity and really just for you guys to all have some fun. :D

Faerie Trickery! Entry Form

Username:
Image of My Entry:
Write Up:

Code:
[size=4][color=medblue][b]Faerie Trickery! Entry Form[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Image of My Entry:[/b]
[b]Write Up:[/b]
The Entries:

Username:star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:
Write Up:All My Avi wanted was a piece of Pie. now look, those dratted Fairy's have sent it flying into the wall leaving everything a mess. and now my Avi's really ticked. I'd watch out if i was those fairy's she might do something in retaliation.

Username: Antagonist
Image of My Entry:
Write Up: Ghyahahaha!! I am the Poo Fairy! You neat freaks beware! I shall plaster your walls with gloriously fresh, steaming manure! I shall paint your rooms black and brown! Smear your pets with smelly dingleberries! With my faithful sidekicks Stench, Diarrhea, and Corndog, I shall turn your home into a natural fertilizer farm! Ghyahahahaha! (Yes those 'chocolate' chips in that cookie on my head are exactly what you think they are. Freshly harvested from a couple of jerboa donors.)

Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Image of My Entry:
Write Up: Let this poor knight be a warning to any who think they can pass through the Fae woods without paying proper homage to the residents! She was on her way back to her kingdom after a long adventure when she stopped at a bubbling pool. Kneeling down she cupped her hands and took a drink of the cool, refreshing water -- the most delicious water she had ever tasted. When she rose, a fae-like voice in her head seemed to urge her to leave an offering, but she didn't believe in such nonsense and so turned to go on her way. Her mistake was made clear with her first step. A tingling feeling filled her body and she was blinded by a sudden flash! When she was able to open her eyes once more, a little fairy floated before her, laughing and pointing at the knight's body. Looking down, the knight was horrified to find herself to be half horse! What favor will the fae ask to return her to normal? We shall see...

Username: Ling
Image of My Entry:
Write Up: The trickster faeries got me! I once had long black hair which they shaved off in my sleep! But that's not all, they powdered my entire face with all my purple eye shadow and if that wasn't bad enough, they went crazy with the permanent markers on my face as well. I look like a crazed monster. Worst of all, my wrists are invisible. I have this cloak to cover one of them but as you can see, my pillow can be seen through my right wrist. What am I to do? D:

Username: LaVida
Image of My Entry:
Write Up: During a cool period in the intense heat of August, a select few humans were invited to a private and luxurious fairy ball. As one of the fae, she may look all cute and fluffy, but look closer and you'll see the truth of the ball! Little did the humans know........ THEY were the food and entertainment...Surprisingly, not a drop of blood got on her with all the festivity!

Username: Linnea
Image of My Entry:
Write Up:
*Blows nose in trumpet like fashion* I should have known that weird lady with the ratty looking wings wasn't really the tooth fairy. I'm not sure how she got into my bedroom but when I saw her she seemed startled, stuck her hand in her pocket and blew some lint in my face. Instantly I felt terribly sleepy and when I woke up hours later, all that was under my pillow was an I.O.U. (I guess that explains the pocket lint) and this awful flu! I can't leave the bathroom for fear of making a mess all over myself... Uh oh. I don't feel so good. Oh no... here comes another round of digestive pyrotechnics... I gotta go now... *runs back to the bathroom*

Username:Velvet
Image of My Entry:
Write Up:
I should have known better, but nooooo! I should have went with my gut and stayed away from that no good fairy. She tricked me. SHE TRICKED ME!! And now look. Just look at me. I'm burnt to a crisp and ants are all over me! How can someone be so cruel!? That fairy invited me on a trip to the beach. Ya know, I had a funny feeling, but the beach here is just so beautiful and the weather was perfect! Sure, the sun was a little hot and my skin too pale, but I figured I could just bring along my sun block and everything would be fine! PAH! I should have known! That little fairy changed the contents of my sunblock into some similar looking substance mixed with sugar! Not only did the new "sunblock" not do its job, it actually intensified the rays of the sun that hit my skin and seemed to turn me into the human torch! THAT WASN'T ALL THOUGH! It also made me the target of every ant within a hundred mile radius!! I can still hear her laughing in the bushes... The little B*^#!

Username: R a n d e h
Image of my Entry:

Faerie Trickery! Entry Form
Username: R a n d e h
Image of My Entry:
Write Up: Even zombies like to get into parties! As a zombie fairy, she has to disguise herself in a way so that no one would notice that she wanted to eat their brains for dinner. The party was beautiful, so many amazing costumes. Creatures from all over the land! She danced and danced (having eaten so well before coming so she can avoid temptations). As the night was trickling down poor Bertie Bear got too close. Once an adored bear in his land, now dinner for the poor Zombie Fairy.

Last edited by Nephila; 08-04-2013 at 10:06 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-26-2013, 04:06 AM

Fairy Tales- A Group Entry!

Fairy Tales have been around for a very very long time. Stories of magic, princesses in despair, and princes to save the day have been around longer even than the books themselves have. It was only through the efforts of people such as the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen that Fairy Tales are so well known today. For this contest I want to guys to form groups.

Pick a group, groups must contain at the very least two people (brownie points for more though). Your group is to represent the Fairy Tale you have chosen.

Read me a Fairy Tale!
Usernames:
Image of Avatars:
Fairy Tale Representing

Code:
 [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Read me a Fairy Tale![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B]Usernames:[/B]
[B]Image of Avatars:[/B]
[B]Fairy Tale Representing[/B]

The Entries:

Fireprincess - Kent - Shadami - Antagonist -bloodstainedwings
Image of Avatars:
Fairy Tale RepresentingThe Brothers Grimm (2005) Starring: Wilhelm "Will" Grimm -Jakob "Jake" Grimm - Angelika - Wearwolf - The Mirror Queen

Reference picture Links:
The brothers Will Jakob
wearwolf (and angelika's back)
Angelika Angelika 2
The mirror Queen and hypnotized/in love Jakob the Mirror Queen

Last edited by Cora; 08-04-2013 at 04:21 PM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-28-2013, 10:55 PM

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! I've been looking forward to this for a while now!
I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!! x3

Username: Mythos
Image of Avatar:

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 07-28-2013, 10:58 PM

Hm... obviously this will require mad posting to get enough golds for a proper masquerade entry...

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 PM

Our first entry I'm excited!

Also good luck to Wyrm!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-28-2013, 11:16 PM

Horray our first entry!

*sprinkles glitter on Mythos*

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-28-2013, 11:22 PM

Whaaa! More glitter means... More entries!! :O

Glamorous Colors Entry Form
Username: Mythos
Image of My Entry:

Last edited by Mythos; 07-28-2013 at 11:24 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-28-2013, 11:25 PM

Hmmmm *peers over the ensemble looking for no no colours*

All is well. *adds to entries*

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-28-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Hmmmm *peers over the ensemble looking for no no colours*

All is well. *adds to entries*
I was very tempted to add one of those fancy-schmancy Purple Harem Hairdresses on but the stamen of the flower didn't hide itself like I thought it would have! Oh well... My avatar is still feeling supah fine! xD

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-28-2013, 11:29 PM

Ahh yes I think something like that happened to me in the past in one of the staff contests. XD It's a tricky one.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-28-2013, 11:35 PM

Tricksy, indeed!
I hope you all find yourself awash in lovely avatars this coming week! I'd better scoot off to bed.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-28-2013, 11:38 PM

Good night Mythos. :)

Eee I'm all sort of hyper right now. XD

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 07-29-2013, 12:20 AM

*pokes head in.* Hiiiii~

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 AM

Hi hi asca!

*runs off to put up the entry she never put up earlier.*

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-29-2013, 01:21 AM

Username: Antagonist
Image of Avatar:

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-29-2013, 01:27 AM

I LOVE it. Very debonair.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-29-2013, 01:30 AM

Thank you. o///w//o

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 AM

Ooooo!! I .... don't think I have all the required colors... :< *Rummages through closet tossing things aside.*

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-29-2013, 01:35 AM

Your welcome Antie ^.^

@Longcat- well join some of the others then ^.^

we tried to give you guys a nice variety.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 07-29-2013, 01:40 AM

Very true. :3 and all so neat!
*Still trying to find green*

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-29-2013, 01:43 AM

Anta look like a relation of the goblin king.