Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Due to polls being wacky, I've created a voting thread so we can get the voting underway. Please go here to vote for your favorite avatar. This is the final round of voting and winners will be announced at the carnival's close!

Voting will end at ~1:45 pm CST.

http://www.menewsha.com/viewtopic.php?t=19580

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 PM

MENEWSHA SUMMER CARNIVAL 2007 Summer Avatar Contest

Hello there you lovely ladies and gorgeous guys! I'm Aliena, and it's time to show off just how fabulous you are! Do you think you have what it takes to be declared the fairest in the land? I know you do, so come on in and strut your stuff!

• THE HOST - ALIENA

Let me introduce myself. I'm Aliena, and I've been here on Menewsha since March 12, 2007. It's amazing at how much the site has grown since then. Lots of new faces and things to do!

You'll most likely find me in the charity and quests forums, as I consider myself one of the super-questors on the site (you know...one of those insane people determined to get one of EVERY item!). I actually host a weekly avatar creation contest called You Have Style! It utilizes the MAC (Menewsha Avatar Creator) that was created by another of our dear members here. Feel free to stop in, say hi, and try to create a look if you like. I also spend much of my time here writing, especially with others. But mostly, I just try to mingle around and have fun here on the site, which certainly isn't hard to do.

I am so excited to be able to host the avatar contest. It really is fun to see what people can come up with and I can't wait to see what you guys do!

If you need anything or have any questions, my inbox is always open. Just PM me and I'll respond as quickly as I'm able.

So with that being said...

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2007, 07:18 PM

• THE RULES
  • Follow the main event thread rules at all times. Check those rules here
  • Respect all people in the thread - your host, fellow entrants, as well as people who simply peek in here to admire all the avvies.
  • Once you like the way you look, post your entry here in the thread.
  • Only one entry per person - no mules, please!
  • Have fun with this!

• HOW IT WORKS
  • This contest is not for the avatar creator, but for your actual avvy. So go shopping, borrow some duds, dress yourself up however you like. I want to see your best summer creation.
  • Once you're satisfied, post your entry in the thread - please post an actual picture rather than simply saying, "I'd like to enter my avvy!" or anything like that. To make it easy on you, just use this img link:
    Code:
    http://www.menewsha.com/img/avatars/your user number.png
    and fill in whatever your user number is right before the .png. You can find this by clicking on your profile - it'll be the number at the end of the url for that page.
  • It'd be nice if you kept your outfit the same all week, but no worries if you're one of those who like to change it. I'll be saving your entries myself and posting them on the front for all to see. So make sure that when you enter, you are satisfied! I can't keep changing peoples' entries.
  • The contest will be open to entries from Saturday, July 28 through Wednesday, August 1 and then a poll will be created in which you and your friends can vote for whichever one you think is best. This poll will run from 12:01 am (CST) Thursday, August 2 through the end of the event.
  • In the event that we get a HUGE amount of entries and they don't all fit in one single poll, voting will go through rounds. The entries will be split up in some way and will be voted upon for one day each round. So, round 1 would be voted upon Thursday, August 2 and round 2 would be voted upon Friday, August 3, with the top scoring avvies going to a final round of voting Saturday, August 4. It all depends on the number of entries, but whichever way it happens, I'll make it as fair as possible!
  • While the more people who vote, the better, please be honest - don't try to get all your friends to vote for you, but rather the avvy they like best. And please no double voting with mules. We want this to be a fair, fun competition.

Big Announcement! As of now, there will be two rounds of voting. The first round will start tomorrow (Wednesday) night at 9 pm CST and will go through 9 pm CST Thursday night, in which Round 2 of voting will begin and will run through 9 pm CST Friday. The top 10 entries from both groups will go to a final voting round, which will run from 9 pm CST Friday through the end of the event, which I believe is 2pm CST Saturday. If you're unsure how it translates into your own timezone, just ask and I'm sure I can google up the info for you.

Rules may be added or adjusted as needed!

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2007, 07:18 PM

• PRIZES

And now for everyone's favorite part! The prizes:
  • First Prize: 1000g + 1 free avvy headshot by Aliena
    Second Prize: 500g + 1 free avvy headshot by Aliena
    Third Prize: 250g + 1 free avvy headshot by Aliena
    Honorable Mention (2): 1 free avvy headshot by Aliena

OCs are welcome too, when it comes to the headshot art.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2007, 07:19 PM

• FINAL ROUND ENTRANTS

1. 2. 3. 4.

5. 6. 7. 8.

9. 10. 11. 12.

13. 14. 15. 16.

17. 18. 19. 20.

Yay! Final round! Vote ends tomorrow, Saturday, Aug 4 at the conclusion of the event ~ 2pm
  • WINNERS

First Place - blueblackrose

Second Place - kin no megami

Third Place - Caeluma

Honorable Mentions - Jellysundae & Veen

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 07-28-2007, 07:11 PM

• ♥ » yay for avatar contests!
    i'll have to join this one later too. ^^ <33

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-28-2007, 07:12 PM

Oh, I hope you do! And feel free to stop in and chat a bit! :D

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-28-2007, 07:13 PM

I'd enter if I had an avi that I thought was decent. Don't have enough items or mulah.

Hopefully there will be some extremely good avatars in this though. ^^

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-28-2007, 07:15 PM

awesome!
congrats on the thread aliena. xD
I'll come back later~ xD

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-28-2007, 07:20 PM

Yreka - Ah, you never know! Bug your friends - see if you can borrow stuff. ^_^

Seito - Yeah, this'll be fun. Do come back and enter!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-28-2007, 07:25 PM

I will!
xD
As soon as I get home
I leave in like... 20 minutes. x.X

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-28-2007, 07:51 PM

Ooh. Fun fun contest. ^^

I wonder if I can get this one better. xp

Candiie
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-28-2007, 08:12 PM

i'll join once my chaotic panties will sell, which will be forever =w=

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-28-2007, 08:14 PM

Seito - awesome! Can't wait!

Temmon - you create great looks. I say go for it. :)

Candiie - oh, I hope they sell soon. You have several days to enter.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 07-28-2007, 08:25 PM

I don't have summer clothsies, so I think I'll just look at the pretty entries for this one. <3 >w<

Pink
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-28-2007, 08:27 PM

I'd love to enter. ^^

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-28-2007, 08:35 PM

Excellent, Pink! You're our first entrant! Added you in. :D

And Jesmond, anything you came up with would be fine!

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliena
Yreka - Ah, you never know! Bug your friends - see if you can borrow stuff. ^_^
Problem there is that I can't use the avatar creator (using a mac) to make an avi. Would want to make something before asking to borrow items. Ah well. Might just have to attempt to hijack a friend's compy. xD

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-28-2007, 08:54 PM

Yreka - do it! ^_^

Alright guys, I'm getting off for a while...will be back later on tonight, so if any avvies are posted, don't worry. I'll see them and add them to the front page then!

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 07-28-2007, 08:56 PM

Hello, Aliena! I'll have to see what I can come up with. Maybe I can enter, I don't know though, since I don't own anything except what my avvie is wearing now.

I could spend the 756g I have on new clothes, or I can wait for another 250g to get my pirate sword. Tough choices, lol.

Ooh, I just realized, you're offering art for the prize. The sword will have to wait. I love artsies :)

Peanut
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 09:06 PM

• Peanut will win.
    ='D
    He has bestest summer person.

A.K.A. I'm entering.
    BWAHAHAHAHA!

EDIT:
    Please refresh if you don't see the flower + earrings.

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2007, 09:10 PM

Ooh! Good luck to all the contestants! If I can get a decent summer avatar by the time the contest deadline is up I'll try to enter x'D

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 07-28-2007, 09:20 PM

I think I'll enter. I like the avi I threw together.. It's carnivally summer type avi.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 09:21 PM

ooh i'm tempted!! but if i change my clothes i wont match my event banner but i still may give in and go and change yet 8)

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-28-2007, 10:18 PM

yay! Avatar contest!