Estrella
A Refined Pervert
Send a message via MSN to Estrella Send a message via Yahoo to Estrella

Old 04-20-2008, 08:29 PM

David sat silently on the bus, his tanned skin warming in the sunlight that shown in through the window. How long had it been since he'd been anywhere near this town? He couldn't remember. He ran his fingers through his black hair, letting it fall back into place. On the seat next to him sat a guitar case and a duffle bag. Why did you ever leave in the first place? he asked himself as he looked around the bus. It was pretty much empty now, the town they were going to wasn't a "must see" place for most people. He licked his lips as he studied the driver, an elderly man who probably retired only to spend his retirement fund within the year. He laughed to himself and shook his head, rolling up the sleeve of his white button up shirt he reached into the duffle bag beside him, pulling out a small notepad he began to scribble a few words down.

He wrote and played his own music, but his music generally made fun of the stupidity that existed in all humans. He sighed as he placed the notebook back in his bag and again peered around the bus. He saw a young couple sitting in front of him, they looked to be about seventeen or eighteen and the girl had tears in her eyes. The young boy looked confused and had no idea what to do. They must be on the wrong bus, he thought as he began to wish he had bought batteries at the last stop. He'd be listening to music right now to tune out the entire world if he could.

"Do you play?" a voice said and startled David into a deeper awareness.

He turned to his left, the direction the voice had come from and saw an elderly lady sitting in the seat beside him. He smiled and said "Yes, I do." And turned back.

"Ah, I play the piano myself," the old lady chimed in. "I just played at my granddaughter's wedding," she said, a toothy smile growing across her face "Beautiful ceremony," she said and looked up from her hands she had been staring at for quiet some time, "You married?" she asked David.

"No," he said and again was lost into thought about the town he was returning too When was the last time he had seen her? He was only in his twenties when he had left that three years ago. he could still remember her face perfectly as it had been before he left. He still had her picture shoved into the guitar case. He shook his head as the bus pulled into the station and waited for the driver to tell them where they were, how long they'd be there and the like. This was his stop, he'd finally come back after years of being gone.