Senchou
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Senchou

Old 03-27-2008, 02:15 PM

The Rising Star Inn
An RP Hangout especially for Newbies!

Our Mission
To provide a fun and casual roleplay for everyone, especially those new to Menewsha. Also, to help those who are interested improve their roleplaying skills.

About The Inn
The Rising Star Inn is a place for all to rest, to eat drink and be merry in relative safetly.

And we certainly mean relative. The conflicts of the surrounding worlds by no means stay outside our lovely inn. We are at a crossroads, and so we bear the burdens that inflicts. Do not be fearful, but do remember that there may be a fight or two.

Even time is variable here. As I said before, we stand at a junction of worlds, and time flows differently in each of them. As such, some patrons may be from future times, some may be from past. We chose to stay in a simpler, medieval theme for the ambiance, but we are not above using a few technological conveniences when it suits us to do so.

All creatures are welcome here, from humans, to dragons, to angels and demons. The building is enchanted to accomodate any patrons who enter the door, and we have fare to suit even the most distinguishing palates. Whatever it is you require, simply ask, and we shall make sure you recieve it.

So step inside into our warm hall, and enjoy yourself!

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-27-2008, 02:22 PM

Rules
1. Please respect each other! At least out of character. In character, feel free to make fun of each other, fight, insult, anything.

2. Obey the Inn's Staff. We will be kind and polite, but when we mean business, we mean business.

3. No Godmoding, powerplaying, and the like.

4. No killing other people's characters unless they give permission. You can attack them, you can try to kill them. But their actual deaths/injuries are up to them.

5. Use some sort of signal to show that you are out of character. Parentheses, different colors, something.

6. Profiles are not necessary, but you can post them if you'd like!

On Literacy
This roleplay does not have a set literacy level. Play however you feel comfortable!

However! If you are new to roleplaying, or just want to improve, let us know! We'll be more than happy to help you learn, or answer any questions you may have.

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-27-2008, 02:28 PM

Staff
In the format of User (Character)

Innkeeper/Owner

Senchou (Arabella Garza)

Managers

Wait Staff
Twilight_New Moon_Eclipse (Kuzuki)

Kitchen Staff
Goldenapple (Candice)
FlyPanda (Fly)

Bartenders
Alexis Durem (Alexis Durem)

Cleaning Staff

Security

Entertainers
aeriise (as of yet unnamed Falconer)

If you have any ideas for more jobs, let me know!

Regulars

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-27-2008, 02:31 PM

Links

The Newbie Hangout Thread

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-27-2008, 02:46 PM

She sighed, pushing a strand of blond hair out of her face. Business was slow today, and Arabella was growing impatient. Where was the crowd of people she has been hoping for?!

Well, perhaps this was for the best. She didn't really have any staff yet; she was running the place on her own at the moment, and she wouldn't be able to serve too many patrons. Besides, it gave her time to... work on something. She hadn't really thought about what to do in the gaps between rush periods.

She decided to polish some of the silver to pass the time, and pulled a handkerchief from a pocket in her waistcoat. Yes, she wore a waistcoat. She also wore a tailcoat, pants, cravat, and top hat. A gentleman's outfit. It seemed out of place in this medieval setting, but in her own time and world, a gal could wear anything she liked (or nothing at all)! And the clothing, while originally designed for men, no longer resembled anything masculine. It was fitted to her body, and while it was a classic black, the lace detailing was definitely feminine. She was dressed to impress; she had a business to run, after all.

aeriise
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-27-2008, 03:13 PM

((I would like to be entertainment. My character is a falconer. And a flirt.))

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-27-2008, 03:26 PM

((Okay! I'll add you in. What does she do? Also, what's her name?))

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-28-2008, 02:51 PM

Hello. I would like to join the rpg. Here is a profile for my character.

Name - Alexis Durem
Position - bartender
Personality - She's a kind person who everyone seems to feel comfortable around, and as a bartender often gets told way more about people the necessary. She's nice to everyone unless they're getting out of hand, then she can be strict and defend herself.

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-28-2008, 04:39 PM

((Okay! We have a bartender now! XD))

Arabella glanced at the application of the girl who had just come in, checking her credentials. "Well, your references are good, and you have the skills. Welcome aboard! Just warning you, though, you'll have to learn some odd drink mixes. But you'll get the hang of it!"

Goldenapple
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2008, 05:18 PM

((Well, hello. Mind if I join? I think I might join in as a kitchen staff, possibly a cook. Hope you do not mind if I go ahead and add my post ^^))

Gingerly, the middle-aged woman checked over her house. It was a small place, but she enjoyed the time spent cleaning and decorating. However, of late, she was feeling rather lonely and decided that maybe instead of lurking around inside her home, she would find a more social environment. She had heard of a place that had recently opened and was in need of some staff. It was not the most ideal place that Candice was thinking of, but it was close by and the customers that went there from the area that she lived in were familiar with her and her with them.

With a sigh and grunt of approval, Candice stepped out of the house, locking the door behind her. She would miss not being there everyday, but the change would be good for her. She had a small bag wrapped around her waist; everything that was in it was all that she would be binging. Just to double check, Candice peeked inside, taking note of all that had been crowded into there. Satisfied, she started to travel the mile or two that it took to get to the the building, the Rising Star Inn. It was a fine name and, hopefully, it would grow.

When she finally reached the point of destination, she took a moment to seize up the place. Before she entered, Candice straightened out her navy blue blouse and wool woven skirt. Presentation was important when ever one went out and she hated to think that someone might see her messy or clothes crinkled. After she dusted off the side of her boots, she stopped fretting. Clearing her throat, she brought on a smile and entered the building.

There were some people here already. Behind the counter she saw another women, younger and talking to someone. Quietly she moved towards the two and waited for the moment that she would be able to speak and introduce herself.

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-28-2008, 08:08 PM

((I don't mind at all!))

She spotted another woman approaching and stopped to greet her. "Hello! And welcome! I'm Arabella, owner of this place. What can I do for you?" she asked, offering her hand to shake.

Goldenapple
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2008, 08:30 PM

When the woman greeted her and offered her hand to shake, Candice smiled warmly and gripped the hand with slight firmness.

"Salutations, Arabella. It is a pleasure to be here in your fine abode; a delightful set up you have here." Candice said back. She let go of the woman's hand and proceeded to fold her arms together across her wide bosom. "Me names Candice Oddeal.I heard that you might be in need of some assistance with your business. That you were seeking some people to be part of your staff.

I am an old woman, yes, but am still willing and able to assist you, perhaps as your cook? I have had years of experience; I was a maid for five to six years for a wealthy family down in the main metropolis--picky lot they were--so I know how to cook up a fine meal. I have raised a family and aided with the treats that past friends have need when they hosted their holiday gatherings. All situations called for quick fixing up and dishing out, which I am sure you will be appreciative of once this place starts overflowing with costumers."

She paused and then added, "Oh, if you need an extra hand cleaning up the place or serving, I'd be more than willing to offer one. Until you get more individuals willing to come and work for you. And I wouldn't be in need of any staff quarters that you might have; I live not but two miles from here."

Candice ceased talking.

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2008, 12:19 AM

A wide smile crossed her face. "A cook! How delightful! Just what we needed. I'm not particularly good at it, myself, and I'm sure our customers would welcome some food that was more than merely edible, as my own cooking generally is," she added, laughing. "You're welcome to stay, if you'd like, but I'd understand if you prefer your own home. It is difficult to adjust to this place, believe me. But I hope you'll come to like it."

FlyPanda
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to FlyPanda

Old 03-29-2008, 01:20 AM

Hello *walks in*
i just goined menewsha today :o
anywaay can i be kitchen staff? heheheh o.o

Twilight_New Moon_Eclipse
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Twilight_New Moon_Eclipse

Old 03-29-2008, 01:46 AM

((Hey, I wanna join! x] Looks like fun, may I be a waitress?
Name: Kuzuki
Description: Long red-brown hair and dark blue eyes that sparkle when she's happy, when she's not in waitress uniform she usually wears a medium length, dark red skirt with a black sleeveless top, ankle high leather boots and sometimes a fluffy dark red jacket.
Personality: Bright and cheerful, knows her stuff and has apparently had some experience before.))

FlyPanda
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to FlyPanda

Old 03-29-2008, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_New Moon_Eclipse
((Hey, I wanna join! x] Looks like fun, may I be a waitress?
Name: Kuzuki
Description: Long red-brown hair and dark blue eyes that sparkle when she's happy, when she's not in waitress uniform she usually wears a medium length, dark red skirt with a black sleeveless top, ankle high leather boots and sometimes a fluffy dark red jacket.
Personality: Bright and cheerful, knows her stuff and has apparently had some experience before.))
lol. hello! *gives her a cookie that i have baked*

\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-29-2008, 02:06 AM

((Yay, cookie! *eats* So can I post or will I get in trouble? ))

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2008, 03:29 AM

((You won't get in trouble! XD I'm nice, I don't bite. You all can start whenever you'd like!))

\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-29-2008, 03:45 AM

Kuzuki bounced into the inn. "Heya, need a waitress?"

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2008, 04:13 AM

Arabella paused her previous conversation, turning to Kuzuki and smiling. "Yes! Of course! So we have a cook, and waitress, and a bartender now... We're officially running! Oh, I'm so happy!" She hugged Kuzuki tightly in her excitement, pulling back apologetically. "Sorry about that... I guess I got carried away."

\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-29-2008, 01:39 PM

Kuzuki smiled. "Not a problem! Hugs make everything better. So when do I start?"

Goldenapple
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-29-2008, 03:18 PM

Candice chuckled at Arabella's comment on her own cooking. "I am sure with a little practice, dear, that you could become a fine cook. And perhaps for the first night or so, I will remain here, so that I might better acquaint myself with the kitchen."

She smiled and wondered over towards the kitchen entrance. "If you will excuse me..." She said. Candice was just inside the area when she heard another new person enter the inn. This one was certainly bouncy and full of energy. Her smile grew wider; this would be a most interesting first day for her.

For a moment, she was unsure if she should continue to explore the kitchen--which was big and seemed well-equipped--or to introduce herself to the new employee. She decided to be social, so she removed her pack from her wide waist and set it down on a counter. Candice wondered back out, this time behind the main bar counter.

"Hello. Me names Candice Oddeal, I am the cook for this place. Newly integrated and not but a moment before you entered," She stated with a warm smile towards Kuzuki.

Pichu123321
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Pichu123321

Old 03-29-2008, 05:02 PM

((can i be a waitress 2 plz))

Name:Dawn
Description: Black hair like my avie, Jeans, and a Hot pink shirt, blue eyes.

((is this ok))

\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-29-2008, 07:18 PM

Kuzuki laughed. "That's certainly an interesting introduction. Nice to meet you."

Senchou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-30-2008, 04:04 PM

((Certainly you can join in!))

"Well, it looks like we have enough staff to finally serve some customers! ...when we get any," Arabella added, glancing at the door with a smile. "It can be tough for people to find this place. I mean, it does involve crossing dimensional boundaries. But I thought I had disguised that pretty well...."