Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 03:12 AM

lmao I like the first picture better, the pink and gold in the second one kinda clashes. xDDDD

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 AM

It does look gold doesn't it? Its actually silver. If anything, the fishing lures are what clashes in the outfit.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 03:27 AM

Silver? o__O

Must've been the light. >_<

*squints*

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotspam View Post
@Captain Howdy: I can't tell whether to be
amused or mortified of that image in your siggy
of a black-haired guy in a lolita maid outfit eating cake....
XD
I forget the conversation, but two people thought it would be funny to draw my avi in a french maid outfit. XD

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 AM

Captain Howdy: Ping! 'Cause there was an edit. xD
Got the ping in before the buzzer!

This is Day Seven
This creature is a(n): Dragonarus Desertus Birdus Orderus, or just "Desert Bird" or "Dragon Bird" for short.
This is its story:
"September 18 --

"If you'll remember from my earlier entries, after I had been having observed these creatures for nearly three months and ten days a family of Dragonus Desertus Birdus Orderus took me in as one of their own and tried to teach me their ways. As you are already aware, they taught me how to make a nest on the ground and even pecked at me until I completed one that was big enough for two of their kind; and they watched me carefully, and would not let me go anywhere until I proceeded to test my nest. It was quite an -- how shall I put it? Interesting? -- experience at that time as they would not even let me sleep outside of my nest, to the point where one of my previous nestmates took up residence with me and made sure I went to bed on time.

But now, finally, after this week's long and harrowing experience, is the time for a finally summary, as the Dragonus Desur--- oh, hang it all. I'm sure I'll be forgiven if I call them by a slang term in this last entry, unprofessional or not. I've certainly been through enough this past week.

As I was saying, all but one of the Dragon Birds took flight a week ago and haven't returned. I'd've said at the time that it was a migratory flight, but as it was pointed out to me, even if we're near the fringes we're still in the desert -- and since their food, a particular species of bugs known commonly as Desert Beetles and Sand Worms, have mostly disappeared. They'd gone off to find a new nesting ground with more food, you see. As I mentioned before, one of the Dragon Bird remained here: my nestmate. It was the oddest thing at the time; there was quite a striking resemblance of a human argument humans between my nestmate and his parents shortly before the flock took off. I'm still a bit shaken whenever my nestmate speaks English to me. It seems his parents -- once again he quickly corrected my 'his' with 'our' -- and the rest of the flock did not wish to disrupt my species' "learning process", yet they did want me to learn fully.

I wish he would be silent already. Since the flock left he has been chatting in my ear nonstop, telling me all about how fun it's been to live with me and how great a time we're going to have now, and how he can't wait to go back with me. I think in this last week I've learned everything there is to know on how they survive, to their lore, to their mating habits which I really did not need to know. Even now he just won't shut up and he is reading everything over my shoulder and I wish he'd just give me a moment's peace!!

Well, now he's off to sulk, and perched on a dead stump of a tree trunk, but I have my peace. As I was trying to write before (oh, why did I not bring any pencils with me? This entry is so unprofessional and it's all permanently in ink), the Dragon Birds live in the desert. They even believe that they are descended from actual dragons; and that this is why some of them can breathe fire. But fret not, my good readers! They can only breath enough at a time to perhaps roast a bird; and they're usually a friendly though cautious sort -- my "friend" sulking outside is actually a bit more outgoing than the rest. Okay, a lot more outgoing
oh bloody hell, he's back already
Lord save me"

Last edited by iamnotspam; 04-23-2013 at 03:49 AM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2013, 03:34 AM

Say, early today. ;D

Entries logged. Ten minutes till the end of Day Seven.

---------- Post added 04-22-2013 at 08:44 PM ----------

Day Seven is over. :B

Will there be a Day Eight? Do you believe the gossip?

All the countries of the world want to know!

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 03:46 AM

There is no Day Eight.

Day Eight is a lie.

Or maybe it's a conspiracy theory.

That's why I was early.

And I finally broke my genetic mutation roll. :O

Or did I do that last creature? >.>

Hmmm....

P.S. You missed a quotation mark.

Because I totally got it in before the buzzer. Y'know?

Whattya mean I didn't get the quotation mark in before the buzzer??

Are you calling me a liar???

Okay, I didn't get it in before the buzzer.

Last edited by iamnotspam; 04-23-2013 at 03:51 AM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 03:49 AM

Oooh, I wouldn't mind a Day 8...something really bizarre/creepy/scary/majestic...

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 03:56 AM

@Antagonist: Your avatar is still creepy. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
First of all, that's a kilt not a skirt.
Second of all, why is the one on the left blushing? o_O
And the other one looks sooo serious it's funny. xD
And he's walking/posing like a woman. O___O
OMG HE LOOKS LIKE A MAN-WOMAN D:
OMG THEY BOTH DO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
I forget the conversation, but two people thought it would be funny to draw my avi in a french maid outfit. XD
*facepalm*

Last edited by iamnotspam; 04-23-2013 at 03:59 AM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2013, 04:08 AM

Biggles just searched a dusty back room of the museum and found a creature for Day Eight!

Yay!

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 04:17 AM

YAY for Captain Howdy!

Now he'll get a cookie!

*offers him a cookie*

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2013, 04:20 AM

*eats all of the cookies*

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 04:25 AM

:O

Okay. You deserve them.

*bakes berry muffins*

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-23-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotspam View Post
OMG HE LOOKS LIKE A MAN-WOMAN D:
OMG THEY BOTH DO
Deal with it

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
Deal with it
If I wasn't dealing with it,
you'd be saying something else right now....

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-23-2013, 04:55 AM

Would I? I only have a limited selection of stock phrases.

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 AM

Yeah.
It'd probably be something along the lines of
"iamnotspam, you've been banned for not being able
to handle the sight of the man-women I love to look at so dearly
and daydream about marrying"

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 AM

Yesss a Day 8 creature.

Now if only my office Internet will stop borking.

Feralprince
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-23-2013, 05:49 AM

This is Day Eight
This creature is a(n): Woolly Cockatrice
This is its story:

The Woolly Cockatrice is a horrible aberration that could only have been created by magic. The intent was by a sociopath wizard to create a vampiric wolverine dragon hybrid. The creature would have the eternal life and thirst for killing of a vampire, the brazen aggression of a wolverine, and the magical powers and strength of a dragon. It would be the maniacs weapon of mass destruction. However, it was not to be so. A mixup occurred in the laboratory, where the dragon component of the hybrid, a bone from a hatchling, was switched with a chicken by his cat familiar Loki.

There result was possibly the most ornery creature in all of recorded history. More annoying than dangerous, its chicken inherited stupidly made it impossible to control. It's creature released it into the wild, and it has been terrorizing small animals and children ever since. No one know's how they managed to reproduce, but they now populate wooded and rural areas. At first it was theorized that their lack of a natural lifespan would lead to massive overpopulation, but that has not been the case. It is theorized that they are so annoying that they can only rarely stand each others company long enough to mate.

They often prey on small livestock, and have been known to attack humans along wooded footpaths and when they try and defend their farm animals. No human fatalities have been reported, but it is best to leave their extermination to professionals, and to keep an eye on any children where a Woolly Cockatrice has been spotted.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 AM

Aww... I missed yesterday. :<

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 AM

Captain Howdy: Wait! You said CARDINAL BIGGLES found it!

Cardinal Biggles: *offers you a whole batch of freshly baked cookies*

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 AM

Thank you. -eats too fast-

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 06:03 AM

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy them --
they're chocolate chip cookies.

twotickets
full of sound and fury (you know...

Old 04-23-2013, 12:39 PM

This is Day Eight
This creature is a(n): Buteo Jamaimarmoto Momaxcensis; colloquially, "Fanged flying groundhog" or "flyhog"

This is its story: The flyhog was until recently a creature relegated to legend and myth only, but scientists discovered a colony of flyhogs roosting in the densest part of the Duvalian forests about fifty years ago, and the rest, as some say, is history.

The flyhog has ever been known for its small but sharp fangs, its exceptional eyesight, and its ability to sense tiny vibrations in the land around it using its whiskers. In ancient times, the flyhog was used in match games much like cockfights, with owners raising and training the creatures to fight each other-- on land and in the air-- for sport.

Interestingly enough, ancient mankind could not have chosen a pursuit more alien to the flyhog's nature. Despite its natural predatory advantages, the flyhog is a shy, retiring creature and prefers to live in large colonies. Flyhog colonies generally consist of twenty-five to fifty creatures who share the responsibilities of hunting and foraging for food, building and maintaining an extensive network of nests, and raising and protecting their young. Approximately twenty offspring are added to the population each year.

In general, flyhogs prefer to hunt from their perches in the trees, sitting on a limb motionless for hours until their sharp eyes find the movement of a small rodent or the splash of a fish. When the flyhog bites, it injects a small amount of venom that works like a tranquilizer to stun the victim. The flyhog then eats what it has caught and regurgitates it for its young.

While flyhogs have been successfully raised in captivity, they are a rather dangerous creature to own; even a small brush with a flyhog's fangs can incapacitate a full-grown man for up to a week. However, flyhogs are intelligent and gentle creatures and can easily be trained to perform tricks for an audience.

Of late, flyhogs have been increasingly relied upon to predict seismic activity using their sensitive whiskers; scientists have found that the creatures can accurately predict even the smallest tremor in the earth up to fifteen minutes before the event. The value of this evolutionary trait is unknown.

Last edited by twotickets; 04-23-2013 at 12:42 PM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2013, 10:08 PM

Entries logged. ;B