Yaks
Russia's Greatest Love Machine

Old 03-28-2012, 04:29 PM

Hello there.

I'm going to make this plain and simple: I want to practice my digital painting and I want to make you something special.

Here is my most current example of art and this is the quality you will be receiving.

Current WIP: For Maria-Minamino!

Finished Product

You can view a larger version on my DA: HERE

N/A

I prefer to draw Original Characters. Avatars OK. no Fanart.

1. I will choose who to draw for. This isn't a first come, first serve.
2. I'm sorry if I don't pick your character, but I want to be inspired when I paint and give you the best end result.
3. One character per person, unless you can convince me otherwise. (IE, Twins, lovers, etc. State your case if you really want extra characters in the piece.) You can, however, submit multiple characters for me to look through.
4. Fill out this form and post it, please.

For OCs
Code:
Character Name:
Physical Description/References:
How much would you pay on Mene for this?:  OPTIONAL.  I plan on opening shop and want a price idea.
For Avatars
Code:
Personality/Additional Physical Description:
Avatar Reference: (Picture of avatar you would like drawn)
How much would you pay on Mene for this?:  OPTIONAL.  I plan on opening shop and want a price idea.
5. Wait patiently and if I'm inspired by your character I will add you to my list, then I will contact you shortly afterward to get more information on what you would like to see in the piece.

Slot 1. Ivvy - [X]

Last edited by Yaks; 04-04-2012 at 12:33 AM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-28-2012, 05:08 PM

I'd apply but since you are already drawing one of my OCs - I'll let someone else apply instead XD

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 05:12 PM

That's sweet of you. <3 I'd prefer to just do one piece per person as a general rule anyway. Besides, my friends get free art from me all the time, so you won't have to worry about it. (I know we haven't known each other long, but I just like you, haha.)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 PM

lmao I feel the same about you :D I've enjoyed talking with you the past two days :D

Hopefully someone will come in here with an OC for you to draw :D

Techiro_Yugota
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-28-2012, 05:48 PM

first time putting in a request so sorry if not exactly wat u were looking for........but,

Personality/Additional Physical Description: Techi's a ladies man and hopeless flirt.Fun loving guy
Avatar Reference: (Picture of avatar you would like drawn): The avatar I have now
How much would you pay on Mene for this?: OPTIONAL. I plan on opening shop and want a price idea.

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 06:04 PM

Thanks for applying and no worries. If you're planning on changing your avatar any time soon, I suggest saving it and putting a little link in the form that I can use if I pick you.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 PM

Techi doesn't change his outfit much - if it does change - it's to another pair of underwear and a different cape lmao

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 PM

Hey, everyone has to add a bit of different flair now and then. xD

Kiarash
Bird Brain

Old 03-28-2012, 07:31 PM

Oh my gosh, this is amazing! :]
Hope I could be interesting enough. Technically an avatar, though I am working on a bio for an OC to base the avi appearance off of. ;>>

Personality/Additional Physical Description: usually seen with a crooked grin/grimaced expression, devious~ (snake plushie is actually a pet/companion)
Avatar Reference: Current avatar
How much would you pay on Mene for this?: If I could, I'd be willing to pay 10-15k, based on sample. :]

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM

Thanks for applying and the price quote! I wasn't expecting the forums here to move so slowly, so it'll probably be a day or so before I choose anyone.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-28-2012, 07:40 PM

*points up* yeaaahhhh the art forums here are soooo slow XD That's the only reason I still go on gaia sometimes - to find more art XD

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 07:43 PM

Well, even on Gaia my thread moved slow-ish. I don't think many people venture into the Freebie art forums to begin with. Plus, I don't think my art style is very sought after on places like Gaia, since it isn't anime/manga. (Nothing against it, that's just what I've noticed.)

Kiarash
Bird Brain

Old 03-28-2012, 07:44 PM

I will have to lurk to see who gets picked then~

And Maria, I agree.
Only I can never find good art on gaia that I can afford, even with 780k. x.x;

EDIT;;
Yak you have a Gaia thread? I have much more gold on there, to throw at you for your art. ;>>

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 PM

Haha, yeah, it's just another freebie thread, though. I may or may not open up shop there officially. I'm thinking about doing nothing but free stuff for people to be honest. I think a lot of art on Gaia is over priced and I'd rather give my art away to someone who really deserves it vs someone who has a lot of cash.

Kiarash
Bird Brain

Old 03-28-2012, 07:48 PM

Ahhh, I am really fond of your art. Especially seeing as you could be asking for any price you wanted, and I am not joking. You could sell that for millions on Gaia, but it's good that you are more interested in enjoying the art, not the money.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-28-2012, 07:49 PM

Man it makes me laugh over there when some shinydesuchibi fetches for 1 mil and hard worked paintings like yours can't get half that....I'd rather have your work personally - harder to find and more thought and effort put into it!!!

Kiarash
Bird Brain

Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 PM

I very much agree, Maria!
I don't like how a certain style will rake in insane amounts of profit, regardless of quality, or even worse (especially on gaia), because of WHO drew it.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM

*sneaks over* :drool: Oh wow... I really love that art style of yours.

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 07:56 PM

I think if I do end up opening shop, I'll offer to let the person pick their own price as what they're willing to pay/what they can afford. I had someone do that for me over on Solia. Everyone was offering 20k+ for their work and I could only afford 5k. They accepted my offer and made me a really beautiful piece of artwork. That little gesture really stuck with me. Sure, yeah, it's about the profit (but I make that IRL anyway, there isn't much I can do with fake money), but it should be more than that.

It is crazy that chibis go for 1mil. I mean, yeah they're cute, but holy shit I wouldn't pay that much. The elitism on Gaia also bothers me. If they're ~super popular~ people will pay anything, despite what the actual quality is. I refuse to buy into that.

EDIT: @Liz - Oh, thank you~ <3

Kiarash
Bird Brain

Old 03-28-2012, 07:59 PM

Yaks, if you ever open up shop on Gaia tell me, I need something to do with all the gold I have, considering I don't really have interest in ever changing my avi there xD

I could just give more for the work on there, then here. Though I honestly avoid art on Gaia, because it's so over priced I can never afford anything that interests me. Mainly realism/semi-realism. >>

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 PM

Haha, no problem. My freebies are going to come first, though (since I'll use those as samples). I'm not 100% sure on if I'll accept avatars on there or not (It'll be up to be discretion what I want to make anyway. IF I absolutely hate something I'm certainly not going to draw it xP) , but I'll be happy to make exceptions to the rule.

Realism/semi-realism really is a dying breed over there. D: I've been browsing through shops and what some people consider semi-realism is kind of.. odd.

Kiarash
Bird Brain

Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM

Yeah.. I would pay for what they call 'semi-realistic'.. but not what they want. Not when they can't even see that it's NOT anywhere near that. >>

But.. really wanna lurk both here and there, good art, that IS close to what I want.. is too hard to find. xD

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-28-2012, 08:10 PM

Oh, Yaks! Your art is AMAZING! :drool: I love your style!

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 PM

Yeah, just adding some shading to your cartoon doesn't make it semi-realism. Haha, but people can think what they want I guess. Most people over there just draw for a hobby anyway, so I can't say much.

You can come stalk my thread if you want: Yaks' Freebies [FULL][Come in and chat!][At Work] | Page 1 | Forum | Gaia Online

@Esmme - Thank you so much! <3

Kiarash
Bird Brain

Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 PM

Subscribed and stalked. Now to wait for slots xD

I really don't like how flat color, and shaded, seem to be a number of things as well as what they are. >>