Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 PM

I don't pretend to be good but it just irks me when I spent like 7 hours on a CG and someone else spends two seconds on a chibi and they get 4 times the amount I get for it.

Oh well - that's why I stick to freebies :D

Yaks
Russia's Greatest Love Machine

Old 03-28-2012, 08:27 PM

That's why I look at quality vs quantity.

By quality, I don't necessarily mean skill level. I mean did the artist try to at least make their work look polished? Does it look like they actually put effort into instead of scribbling on to a piece of paper and calling it art?

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 PM

*purrs* Agreed. :lol:

Speaking of which: Yaks doesn't scribble. :ninja: There is no scribbling there! Lovely arts. Just . .. . luvly.

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 PM

Aw, thank you. <3 I sometimes scribble.. but I'm not going to try and sell it to anyone either.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaks View Post
That's why I look at quality vs quantity.

By quality, I don't necessarily mean skill level. I mean did the artist try to at least make their work look polished? Does it look like they actually put effort into instead of scribbling on to a piece of paper and calling it art?
When my art request over there was active I managed to find a lot of quality artists for decent prices so I know they are out there - just have to look :D

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 PM

You do get your little gems. <3 They just get over shadowed by the popular and generally over priced people.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 PM

I like finding the gems :D although I'm pretty poor over there now XD

Yaks

Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 PM

Ha. I have just a ton of 100K+ items sitting around and money. I just need to wait around a bit to sell them since this is a new account and I don't feel like transferring everything back because I'm a derp.

Anyway, half AFK. Painting.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-29-2012, 12:38 AM

Man I don't have many items on there at all - and I spent all my golds on art XDD I have no idea what i"m worth anymore XD

ON here...I have quite a bit of stuff...XD *hoards*

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 03-29-2012, 12:51 AM

Oh my you have LOVELY art! :drool:
I must sign up for this.! >w<

Personality/Additional Physical Description: She's a magical Seer of some sort. o3o
How much would you pay on Mene for this?: I think it's worth 10-12k. Unfortunately for me, I don't think I could afford it. >.<

Yaks

Old 03-29-2012, 01:08 AM

Thank you! <3 That's why I like freebie threads instead of shops (I can never afford anything either. xP) Thanks for applying and giving me a suggestion.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 03-29-2012, 01:12 AM

You're welcome.! <3
Yeah, that's the only thing I don't like about amazing art. ;o; Can't afford it half the time. Lol.
/Selfish v .v
Especially on Gaia, though. I usually had to hunt down all the smaller threads who had decent art for a decent price.

I actually like buying art without having to sell half of my inventory for it. :c

Yaks

Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 AM

Exactly! Then what do you get to enjoy? One piece of artwork and completely empty pockets. :C I'd rather have the full pockets.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 03-29-2012, 01:20 AM

Yup. :c
Art should be more affordable and not be made so only the rich can buy. I mean granted people are proud of their work, but no one will buy if everyone can't afford it.

Esmme

Old 03-29-2012, 01:20 AM

:ninja: Psssh, no such thing as full pockets. Just amazing treasures that we thieves steal. *zips out* Muahaha!

Nah, I love people's art. I just get so lazy . . . I don't post as much as I'd like, so I don't get as much money as I need, and I'm FAR too lazy to look for people to do art for me. Besides: I like to draw, so why have someone else do it for me? :sweat: It's threads like this one that make me realize what I'm missing when I don't buy arts. :drool:

Yaks: you will be popular than all heck before you know it! :boogie:

Usako
Moon Princess

Old 03-29-2012, 01:26 AM

Character Name: Faith Night
Personality/Background: Faith is very apathetic most of the times. She's smart but doesn't care enough to apply herself. She usually pushes people away and can be a bit of a bitch and hot tempered at times. However, she enjoys a good fight and usually ends up in trouble because of it.

She was raised by her mother Kaori, a powerful business woman, and those close to the family. She never knew her father until she was a teen and developed a slight complex because of it, wanting his approval while also wanting to avoid him and her newly discovered half-sister which she hates.

Despite the hardships she's gone through she isn't the depressed type, instead building up a hard shell around herself to keep others out and stay strong; both on and off the battle field.
Physical Description/References:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...aithChibi5.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...aithChibi6.png
How much would you pay on Mene for this?: A lot I imagine. I'm usually broke anyway on here and I don't know how the economy works so I can't say a number.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 03-29-2012, 01:31 AM

HUURNG FREE. I want this free. >>

/slinks off to find something to be drawn

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-29-2012, 01:36 AM

Yaks - you have quite a following already here on mene~!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 03-29-2012, 01:37 AM

What can I say? People like quality free. >>

Esmme

Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 AM

LOL, SO TRUE!!! I would say it's full pretty soon . . . or you'll be stuffed full of people wanting art! You'll be drawing and coloring for DAYS ON END! For the rest of your life!!! :shock:

We'll find a Yaks somewhere in the world with art all OVER THE PLACE! *purrs and nuzzles Yaks* So kind to start a freebie shop. :lol:

Yaks

Old 03-29-2012, 01:41 AM

@Roza - Yeah, I want everyone to have a chance. I already get paid for my work with real money, this stuff is just for fun, you know? I mean, sure, if you really want something, work for it, but I guess I'm too soft/cheap. Haha.

@Esmme - I don't know about popular, haha. I'm happy just kind of being in the background and just doing my thing. Being popular makes me nervous. D:

@Usako - Thanks for applying!

@Dystopia - See you when you find something. :D

@Maria - I owe that to my signature, haha. It's pretty obvious. Otherwise I don't think anyone would notice.

@Esmme (again) - I refuse! D: You can't make me! -cry- That's why I'm going to pick who I want for my one slot.. otherwise I would be drawing forever. (I already kind of am with my current line up..)

Esmme

Old 03-29-2012, 01:48 AM

:lol: I won't make you shut things down! It's WAY too fun to watch what is going on in here. :ninja:

*purrs and nibbles on Yaks' purty hair*

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 03-29-2012, 01:51 AM

D: Lol. I kind of want to blind you with wall of text. /no references. >>

Yaks

Old 03-29-2012, 02:00 AM

Walls of text are fine. <3 If you can't explain something well, an example from a photograph or something also works too.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 03-29-2012, 02:06 AM

Hello Yaks I saw that Maria brought you here. :) I welcome you and I am in amazement of your art sample... I am going to have to dig out my OC and see if you like her... or I could get crazy and bring out My illussionist Christian and Emma Corrin's Surie.... Those two are an epic couple and It would make emma's day..lol

But aside from that how are you?