It's not my thing. 0 0%
I can't stand it. 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Winter Storm
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Winter Storm Send a message via MSN to Winter Storm

Old 09-26-2008, 02:18 PM

Headbangers.[the metalhead thread]

This is a thread that is dedicated to all bands Metal.
The discussion;
What's YOUR favorite metal band? Song? Album?
Purpose of the discussion;
To promote great bands, known and unknown as well as to engage in discussion of said bands, subgenres ect.ect..
It may also educate people on the sometimes misunderstood culture of metal.

I would really like this to be an ongoing thread. Please support the cause!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-12-2008, 12:02 AM

Hells yeah!

i love romantic gothy depressing metal such as Poisonblack - Rush, Sentanced -Luxury of a grave, Type O Negative - love you to death
good girl metal, Nightwish - Nymphomaniac Fantasia, Lacuna coil - Our truth, Within Temptation - Destroyed
hardcore balls in your face, Pantera - 5 minute alone, Arch Enemy - Nemisis, Ravenshade - Lacerate, Sepultura - Ratamahatta
funny folky stuff: Fintroll - jakin's tid

I think that's a good start. Of course there is more like opeth, stratavarious and iced earth but i just though i would start with a few samples of my taste. i like good vocalist, and that includes growls, they can be done right and it bothers me when people get it wrong. good example: children of Bodom, so good till the singer gets involved, he makes me want to rip my ears off, I just can't listen to it.

edit:
I was hoping that children of bodom would start an argument. I guess everyone just agrees that he should stop singing entirely.

edit2:
Still nothing? wow... that is very shocking. there are at least 5 other threads all talking about metal and none of those people wish to more here... so strange

edit 3:

so people are voting but not posting anything! thats ridiculas. say something!!!!

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 12-19-2008 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: adding to my comment

TesserracT

Old 03-13-2010, 05:37 AM

I've been getting more and more into metal for the past 3 years. The last 2 years I've been listening to music I've pretty much listened to at least 75% metal, I love the stuff! I can't really say I'm more prone to one type of metal to the other, I pretty much like all kinds.

As for my favorite bands...I can't begin to list them off, just look me up on Last.fm, my user name is Klapoctixy.

MegaDaffy

Old 03-14-2010, 04:09 AM

Does Metallica count?

I like Metallica! My favorite albums being my collection: Black Album, ReLoad, St. Anger (*Yes, I own St. Anger. Is that a problem?*) and Death Magnetic. My favorite songs being the ones on those albums.:)

blankgirl
*^_^*

Old 03-15-2010, 10:54 PM

I like Kittie, Static X, FFDP to start out with. ^_^ I havent realy been into metal for too long but those are the first ones that come to mind.

I can fall asleap tp metal sometimes but I cant stand it if I have a headace! It makes it worse T_T

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 03-23-2010, 05:41 PM

I'm not a huge fan of metal, but my boyfriend forced encouraged me to like some of it.

Cheesy power metal is the bomb. :D
If I could have Roy Khan's children, I most certainly would. That is my life's goal. xD

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-24-2010, 02:29 AM

I pretty much love all metal that you can actually understand what they are saying, not just random screaming. Though my first metal band was Metallica, and first song was No Leaf Clover. Other than that, I just love all other metal, dont really have a favorite song or band.

kaibutsu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-27-2010, 06:23 PM

Metal FTW. -ninjaface-
Though, I prefer Japanese metal. They are seriously better than overseas bands.

pumpkins
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2010, 08:47 AM

Finns do the best metal, not the japs.. : D
bloodstainedwings: What's wrong with Laiho's singing?
Also Rammstein's pretty good.

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
Also Rammstein's pretty good.

I would agree, although mentioning Rammstein in a metal thread is likely to get you shot ;D

Loveslust
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 AM

Oh boy, I could list all the bands I listen to....but I think everyone here would kill me, haha. Anyway, I don't think I have an all-time favorite. But the current band I can't stop listening to is Belphegor, they are a Black/Death Metal band, and they absolutely shred their asses off. And they are the most down to earth guys ever. Last concert I saw them in, the lead singer came down and got into the pit for the remaining bands, it was brutal! Oh, by the way, the headliner for that concert was none other than Amon Amarth! Going to see them for the third time this saturday!! Can't wait for it, Eluveitie and Holy Grail are supporting, so I'll be there early! I love all genre's of metal. Death, Black, Thrash, Symphonic, Folk, Speed, any kind thats out there I'll give it a chance. Right now, my "playlist" has Belphegor, Amon Amarth, Powerglove, Suidakra, Tyr, Alestorm, Cannibal Corpse, Vomitory, Ensiferum, Winterson, Turisas, The Black Dahlia Murder, Slayer, Kataklysm, Decapitated, Eluveitie, Goatwhore...and the list goes on and on and on.

Stay Brutal My Friends!

Ezprethual
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Ezprethual

Old 04-08-2010, 03:26 PM

I love metal (black metal, death metal, melodic black/death metal is my favorites).
My favorite bands must be Incarnia, Whispered and Kataklysm ^^
Im agree with Pumpkins, finland metal rocks :P
I used to like bands like slipknot, cradle of filth, korn and so on, i still listen to some of them, but im not fan anymore.
Children of bodom is a cool band to, i think Alexi is very good on guitar, but im not very much fan of them anymore ..

Anyway.. Metal rocks \m/

Poppet
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2010, 01:55 PM

I love heavy metal (:

Demon_of_the_Sand
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-14-2010, 04:18 PM

all metal rocks. death,viking,heavy all of it. metal is the glue of the world with out it there is no music. everything from Iron Maiden to Amon Amarth. LOVE LIVE METAL!!!!! \m/

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...
Send a message via AIM to Vix Viral Send a message via MSN to Vix Viral

Old 06-18-2010, 07:04 AM

I have to be in the mood for it and I can't stand music in general that sounds way too similar and monotonous all the way through so that can knock out a fair amount of bands.

Well, while I tend to dislike most prog-metal I absolutely adore Mastodon. I saw them in concert with Dethklok and became a fanatic after almost being moved to tears. Yeah that's right, metal can make me cry :sweat:
I also dig Between the Buried and Me (another example of random metal that can make me cry), Baroness, Dirge Within, Cynic, Draconian, Tiamat, Giant Squid, Galactus 77, A Dark Halo, Dio, and Iron Maiden.
I also love hair metal like Poison, Whitesnake, Twisted Sister, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Winger.
And in terms of weird metalish bands, I am in love with GWAR. I would do anything and everything to those men. Going to see them for the third time on Sunday!

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-19-2010, 10:10 AM

I like metal that verges on the line of rock and metal and those that you don't know right away that is it metal.

Such as Metallica, Faith No More, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, and Van Halen.

Fortis Silas
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-22-2010, 03:27 AM

I'm actually interested in listening to a bit more metal. I have a few bands, but it just doesn't seem like enough for me.

I guess could you guys name some suggestions for me? :D

Note: This is excluding hair metal and cheesy power metal. I'd rather blow my brains out than listen to it. No offense to people who like it, it's just...not my thing.

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...
Send a message via AIM to Vix Viral Send a message via MSN to Vix Viral

Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 AM

You can check out some of the bands I listed on the last page and add Mobile Deathcamp to the group.

SpiralDemise

Old 06-29-2010, 05:41 AM

im into pretty much everything but all the types of metal are ranked far higher than all other genres probably because im heavily influenced by my dad who is a musician and currently teaching me guitar which led me to the genre through learning it though i still suck. Theres nothing better than a live metal concert