Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Shrimp_Man Send a message via Yahoo to Shrimp_Man

Old 08-05-2008, 03:07 AM

I rather like the idea of this event. I've been here since Halloween of last year and I've seen the events begin to evolve. I like how this event makes you actually have to post to get your event items. Though it has to be a little hard on the lurkers...like me. xD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 08-05-2008, 03:10 AM

lmao well the first event, the Valentine's day event was worlds different from this one. Still, it required you to take a hint and find the thing to click on it... but that time, you could only get one of each item.

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-05-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground View Post
lmao well the first event, the Valentine's day event was worlds different from this one. Still, it required you to take a hint and find the thing to click on it... but that time, you could only get one of each item.
Ahh, that explains why it's so hard to get your hands on those event items. I never could figure out why it took so much gold to get them, I just thought it was because there were less people then.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

It's a little difficult on the lurking types... that's true. XD; But many people wouldn't be lurkers if they could find people to chat with or a reason to chat with people. :3 So hopefully all our lurkers will meet people they'll enjoy talking with in the future. :)

ZeldaFlower
ʘ‿ʘ

hey poet! ^^

Yeah it's almost an anti-lurker event you can just gather tokens and forget the stars xD

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-05-2008, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
It's a little difficult on the lurking types... that's true. XD; But many people wouldn't be lurkers if they could find people to chat with or a reason to chat with people. :3 So hopefully all our lurkers will meet people they'll enjoy talking with in the future. :)
True, and it's a little harder to be a lurker on Mene than other sites where I don't post much. I just haven't been on Mene enough to get back into the groove of posting. xD I hope that lurkers will come out of the woodworks if for nothing else than free items, because who doesn't love free items? And hopefully they'll continue posting after the event is over.

wish

Old 08-05-2008, 03:16 AM

O___O Shrimp-man emerges.

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-05-2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaFlower View Post
hey poet! ^^

Yeah it's almost an anti-lurker event you can just gather tokens and forget the stars xD
Yeah, but what would be the fun in that?

@wish: *waves* Hi Wish! How has your event been going?

Kyou Blade
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-05-2008, 03:18 AM

I really love that this event is pretty much anti-lurker. That way, there won't be as much complaining from people that don't get many of the EIs. If they don't get as many as they would like, then they don't have anyone to be mad at but thereselves ^^

Tokyo Panda
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-05-2008, 03:18 AM

Being my first event, I rather like the fact that in order to get the stars, you have to post. Normally, I really wouldn't, just because it's hard for me to make simple conversation with someone. Even though Mene is much more friendly than other sites like Gaia, I'm just usually not much of a poster. Hopefully this event will help bring me out of my shell. :3

wish

Old 08-05-2008, 03:19 AM

alright. xD I'm spazzing in various threads. ROFL.

how's yours?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 08-05-2008, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp_Man View Post
Ahh, that explains why it's so hard to get your hands on those event items. I never could figure out why it took so much gold to get them, I just thought it was because there were less people then.
Yeah, there were fewer people AND you could only get one of each item... so double whammy, haha.

As for the lurking thing, I still have a hard time not lurking cause I'll create a thread that's centered around what I want it to be centered around, and no one comes *pout*. And I often feel ignored elsewhere. But you just gotta force past that I guess, if you can. If you can't, well then you're screwed unfortunately.

Mac
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 08-05-2008, 03:23 AM

*Crawls out from under a rock*
Hogwash... I'm a true lurker...
*Sneaks around thread handing out wedgies*
Well maybe not so much of a lurker now... :)
I joined Mene a week or so ago and have already found many people to hold actual meaningful conversations with... I LOVE MENE!! YAY!!

wish

Old 08-05-2008, 03:23 AM

POET; it took me forever and a day to find those vday items. :/

i felt so stupid. ROFL.

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 08-05-2008, 03:26 AM

I always feel like I'm intruding in those hangout threads... trying to find stuff to post about without being off-topic is hard. ;_;

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-05-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyou Blade View Post
I really love that this event is pretty much anti-lurker. That way, there won't be as much complaining from people that don't get many of the EIs. If they don't get as many as they would like, then they don't have anyone to be mad at but thereselves ^^
Yeah that's true. You can't complain that the things you need to get the items are being unfair in drops because you don't have to wait for a thing to drop because you just have to post. xD

@Tokyo Panda: This is a very good event from what I've seen for someone's first event. It makes you work and not just lurk while you wait for your items. I would have liked the older forms if fishing was still around, because it was a great way to collect the needed items while also earning gold.

@Wish: Sounds like fun. I'd love to do that, but I don't know, there's something stopping me from going around to the threads that offer free art. I'd love free art, but I doubt that I'll get it. xD

@poet's playground: Man I wish I had found Mene back in Feburary of last year. I would kill for some of those items. x.x;; I feel ignored sometimes, I was sure this thread would get ignored when I first posted it.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-05-2008, 03:27 AM

Yeah... it took me a good while, it seems more than most of the rest of the people as well. Don't feel bad xP.

Last edited by poet`s playground; 08-05-2008 at 03:31 AM..

kerryfox
Nyo!

Old 08-05-2008, 03:29 AM

I guess I was lucky to drop back in before the event was over...Normally not much of a poster mayhap this even will change that....

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
*Crawls out from under a rock*
Hogwash... I'm a true lurker...
*Sneaks around thread handing out wedgies*
Well maybe not so much of a lurker now... :)
I joined Mene a week or so ago and have already found many people to hold actual meaningful conversations with... I LOVE MENE!! YAY!!
That's how I felt when I first got here. I was so happy that I wasn't ignored when I was still in my underwear. I love Mene, even if I've been neglecting it lately. *subtly adjusts wedgie* x.x

@Emperial: Don't I know it. That's why I decided to start my own thread rather than try and intrude on someone else's.

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Shrimp: Your avatar is fantastic, though! ^^ I really like it.

wish

WAHHH POET. xD that's HUGE!

Shrimp; XD I go around everywhere. >__>; or at least i try to haha!!

emperial; just barge in. :3 I do it all the time. XD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperial View Post
I always feel like I'm intruding in those hangout threads... trying to find stuff to post about without being off-topic is hard. ;_;
Well that's the point, there is no topic to be off of XD. Most of the time.

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 08-05-2008, 03:31 AM

It's much easier to feel welcome when you get in on the start of a thread, that's for sure.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp_Man View Post
True, and it's a little harder to be a lurker on Mene than other sites where I don't post much. I just haven't been on Mene enough to get back into the groove of posting. xD I hope that lurkers will come out of the woodworks if for nothing else than free items, because who doesn't love free items? And hopefully they'll continue posting after the event is over.
XD And yet, I know your screen name, so you can't have always been a lurker, or I wouldn't know your screen name. XD (That or it's so distinctive I just remembered it. >___>; )

Even if they don't post as often as they did during the event, I hope they do continue to visit the site after the free-items time is over with. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyou Blade View Post
The only thing they can validly complain about is that they didn't have time to make enough posts to earn the set. Which is actually, in my humble opinion, not really the issue. It would take just as much time to make twelve posts to earn three stars to get the first item as it would take to lurk and refresh for Orchids. Maybe even less time!

Granted, you can't spam but it can't be very difficult to find twelve threads where you can say something short and to the point if you're in a rush.

If you have an hour to spend on Menewsha a day during the event, surely you can make a double-handful of posts during that hour - and that should be able to get you the entire set. XD

Mac
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Wow Poet thats some mighty large text you got there... I'm sure a legally blind person could read that without assistance... LULZ...

Edit- Yeah I felt so vulnerable naked... Good thing this event came along so everyone can grab some clothes... LULZ!

Last edited by Mac; 08-05-2008 at 03:34 AM..