flapjack
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-22-2009, 06:00 PM

i love music. its my life. i play guitar trumpet marching trombone baritone and a little bass. its very fun and i lov e listening to the radio or cds.

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 PM

I have a beautiful baby grand piano. It's a Yamaha, and a very nice one. I just wish I could play it better. I tried to take lessons too late in life I believe. My poor fingers just couldn't move fast enough.

My favorite wind instrument is the oboe. So very ethereal.

Mimily_chan
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Mimily_chan

Old 02-22-2009, 09:51 PM

i love music is so awsome
it can bring people together and you can have an awsome party xDD

Sforzando
Goddess of Passion and Rage, The...

Old 02-22-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianakitsune View Post

Do you play an instrument?
What instruments do you play?
What instrument do you wish you could play?
How long have you played that instrument?

I do play an instrument. *Sort of. I don't think I'm very good at any of them, but everyone else says I'm good.*

Piano--about 6 years, but only had a few months of lessons.
Percussion (Drums, Bells, Chimes, crap like that)--about 4 years
Steel drum-- I quit after 6th grade because it was a summer thing, and when I turned 12, I had to go to girls' camp, but I'd been doing it about 4 years.
French Horn-- One year; that was the year I quit band because we had a sucky teacher. I only played because I thought it was a cornet until I saw it and then realized I'd made a major mistake. I wanted the cute litte trumpet-like instrument, but I didn't know what it was called. And I refused to play the trumpet because the trumpet players pissed me off and I refused to sit with them.
Marimba-- About 2 years in elementary school
Guitar-- About 5 or 6 years. I had a brief time when I had lessons, but it was by my band teacher, who taught me nothing. I taught myself how to play, but haven't played in a while because my mom gave the guitars to my bro.

I can play the ukelele about as well as I play the guitar, but the ukelele also belongs to my bro, so I never get to play it.

I own a keyboard, but it's at the school right now, to be used for choir. *Hooray*

So, I guess that means that I also use my voice as an instrument. I've been singing forever, been in choir for a semester and 5 weeks. (We got a new choir and new band teacher, so...Hooray! *cough cough.* I mean Huzzah!)

Mind you, I'm not very good at any of these instruments.

I wish I could play the guitar better. And sing better. And possibly the cornet.

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 02-22-2009, 10:39 PM

I went to move this thread, but found another topic discussing instruments. here I will merge the threads shortly. :)

Elsa Shawcross
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Elsa Shawcross Send a message via Yahoo to Elsa Shawcross

Old 02-28-2009, 02:57 AM

@ash:
*bows to your feet for being such a musically inclined person*
I am not worthy to be called "musically-inclined" compared to you... x.X

Oh, and I play the violin, which means I can also play the viola.
I can also play the piano, but I'm not yet that good since I'm only self-studying on it.
I started being aware of music when I was seven when I saw this kid on a milk ad playing Vivaldi on the violin and I was like, "Wow, I want to be like that kid genius!!" though I didn't get my dream come true until I was 16 when my school has an alternate music class in which we would choose to play the guitar, drums, piano, and violin, or to sing. :D
I also play the bell lyre (the "portable" version of the glockenspiel :XD) when I tried Alexandrus' bell lyre (he used to play in his school band).

(I will be auditioning for my university's symphony orchestra this March for a scholarship. :D
I'll be playing the violin, but I'm still undecided on what to play... D: )

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 02-28-2009, 01:32 PM

I miss playing the Viola soo much, even if it has been about 6 years. x.x
I started to play when I was 8, but then I quit when I started secondary school at age 13 because I had a stupid teacher who paired me up with my best friend at the time who had just started learning so I was just redoing what I had already learnt.

But I keep finding myself wishing I hadn't given up. So whenever I get a job and some spare money, I'm going to buy myself a Viola and start it up again. :)

Aside from that, I can play guitar and keyboard very minutely. I wish I was a bit more talented. :P

pachi
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2009, 03:17 AM

i love classical music. and baroque. and romantic. <3

i play the violin, oboe and bassoon, but primarily violin.
dabbled with other instruments, like flute, ukelele, guitar, a tiny bit of piano [i can't time my hands OTL], trombone/tromboon, and some other things. xD

sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to sukishine Send a message via MSN to sukishine

Old 03-08-2009, 09:50 PM

I play piano and flute and I also sing. I consider piano my primary instrument though. I love it and the more challenging the music is the more I want to play it. I think that's why teachers I've had like to experiment on me. xD

I love to play baroque and impressionistic in general. I like all of them though. I love to listen to every genre. Classical is the hardest for me to play but I melt when I hear it. I'm not into listening to modern music very much and I haven't played much either but what I have played I've really enjoyed playing.
I've been playing the flute for almost 6 years and I know I could be good if I were more diligent in practice but at this point in my life it's not my passion but I still love the flute and have put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into it so it's actually more of a love/hate relationship. When I practice consistently I'm good but time and money issues have put lessons on hold for the last several months which has meant a terrible decline in practice.
But I'm becoming more in love with the piano all the time and focusing more on it. This last year and a half I've been with my current teacher I've been like a sponge learning things I should have learned years ago but I just didn't have the right training but I've love learning and I've been working hard. I wish I could have gotten the training I needed earlier on but I'm making up on lost time. I've been playing for about 6 and a half years. Something like that. I never know the exact time I started. x.x
I've been singing since about the third grade...not seriously, mind you, but singing none the less, usually to my mom, hospitals, nursing homes, and things like that for the next several years. I sing at church with the praise team and also with my two sisters as a 'special', actually usually just my twin sister now since the other one isn't always there, every Sunday. Of course I'm not the best singer and I wouldn't say I have a unique sound even though most people I know don't sing like me. I'm not sure if it qualifies as a solo voice even if it isn't bad. It's one of those voices that sounds good with other voices which is why my twin sister and I do so well together. It's almost like one sound. But I sing for fun despite my mother's hopes of going on to a career of performing. I never encouraged her in it and I'm not a performer. That's just not who I am. If I can praise God with music then that's what I do. Don't ever ask me to talk and introduce myself on stage because I'll just feel more like I'm performing.

PennieLain
Math God

Old 03-08-2009, 10:22 PM

I play the trumpet, but I'm an avid singer. I'm not a great singer, mind you, but avid ^_~
I've played the trumpet since sixth grade and I was first chair for four years running, I'm currently fourth chair in my high school symphonic band.
I love to sing more than I do play trumpet though, singing is simpler^_~