Sinziana
Trelao. Seke. Verin.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:23 AM

I think my favorite sad song is Godspeed You Black Emporer! - Moya. There's no words to it really, but that's okay. Sometimes things are best left unsaid. Besides, the depths of pain and misery are often failed by the limitations of vocabulary. Instead it just starts as a kind of strained echo, explores the vastness, and slowly lifts into something still dark and eerie to show just how far you had been, and give you some hope of pulling through.

If you've ever seen Wolfe Creek, especially the unedited version, the song is a lot like that movie, just dark, twisted, horrible, but somewhere at the end you're left with a strange nervous dread and a small flickering hope. It's just perfect for it's purpose.

fatalrain
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to fatalrain Send a message via MSN to fatalrain Send a message via Yahoo to fatalrain

Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 AM

"This time imperfect" - AFI

AgnesGloom
*^_^*

Old 02-10-2010, 02:52 AM

Instrumental pieces usually get to me more than a song with lyrics. I can't really remember any specificly though, but most are by Apocalyptica and a few by Nox Arcana.

`Fallen
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-10-2010, 06:05 AM

I Don't Care by Apocalyptica

Sinziana
Trelao. Seke. Verin.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalrain View Post
"This time imperfect" - AFI
Egh, I forgot about that one! That is a very beautifully morose piece as well. Especially when you get the bonus poem that goes before it. It's hard for me to listen to sometimes because I end up crying my eyes out by the time they get to singing.

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 02-10-2010, 07:53 PM

Most likely "Lemon" by Katy Rose and "This is how I Disappear" by My Chemical Romance. I remember hearing the song Lemon on a Pan's Labyrinth video and the song was just so pretty yet sad. :/ As for the MCR song I just am curious about it, its interesting.

The saddest song i've ever heard is Relief by Apocalyptica, I was watching a V for Vendetta video that had this song with it, and it was just... sad... :/ Here's the video, if you haven't seen the movie it won't make much sense. :/

Last edited by Demoncat; 02-10-2010 at 07:57 PM..

Blahrrgh
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2010, 07:11 PM

If not counting instrumental pieces (of which I have many favourites), then I would probably have to say either And All That Could Have Been by Nine Inch Nails, or Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles.