Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 04-28-2013, 03:36 AM

Seito: Do you have an app store on your phone/ipad/ipod? Look up tune in radio and download that. Then look up 'final fantasy' and it should be one of the first things that pop up. :) I loooove it.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-28-2013, 07:06 AM

:O is it free? (Cause I can't afford it right now if it isn't)

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-28-2013, 10:50 AM

video game music...
I think most videogame music is pretty good... though there is some music that is just awful...
FlyFF I know had some enjoyable music for a while and a dating sim (that counts as a videogame right?) that had a lot of really soft music >w<

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 04-28-2013, 05:16 PM

@Seito - It sure is! You can buy the paid version, but other than a few extra features it isn't honestly worth it.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-28-2013, 06:31 PM

@Izumi * u * *starry eyed*

That is awesome. I must get this now. *scrambles to find itouch*

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 03:32 AM

There are a couple other really awesome websites like an all zelda music one, and one that plays nintendo music. There's also a couple that play an anime/videogame mix. I personally prefer the Final Fantasy Radio as it is more mellow than some of the other stuff.

My husband can take a little bit of sung songs in Japanese, but if I put something with predominately more and less instrumental he gets kinda uppity? For a lack of better word...he finds the Japanese language to not be a very pretty one and prefers his lyrics in English.

Me...it honestly depends on what mood I'm in.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 AM

Huzzah I now owner of shiny new app. * u * Ooo that's sound so wonderful * u * Video game heaven! 8D

Ah. He should read some of the translation! They're so pretty * u * But I can kinda see it. I'm not overly fond of the K-pop and my brother and mother are huge fans...

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 04:03 AM

That's what I was trying to tell him is the translations are poetry of their own kind. His problem is he can't feel the emotion and tie it into the words of a song as he just doesn't understand it and doesn't want to look it up while listening to the music playing.

He's also very much like that about watching subbed anime. He won't if there is a dubbed version. I find that sad as you miss out on a lot of the not so well known titles. Also, for awhile dubbed anime just wasn't all that great. Luckily the newer stuff has gotten drastically better with translations and just the quality of voice acting. :)

I do enjoy the occasional JRock. I love Shiina Ringo and L'Arc En Ciel. They seem to be the two groups I've been enjoying most.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-29-2013, 04:44 AM

Aww. The tone of the music can easily do me in whether I understand it or not.

Aww. I have a friend that's like that too. Just doesn't want to read. xD But yeah you lose so much in the translation and the voice acting just doesn't compare. The field is so small in America you can tell sometimes that it's the exact same person over and over and over again. OTL But yeah they're finally improving. * u * At least they stopped (usually) most of those silly dub names. I hated those with great passion. D:

Flow is one of my favorite Jrock * u* (I think they're considered to be JRock xD ) But mostly because they do a lot of my favorite anime openings haha.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-30-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
I rarely walk away from a video game without at least one track being a favorite. * u *

My favorites OST come from Final Fantasy Series (VII and XIII is actually my favorites of the ones I've listened to), Kingdom Hearts, and The World Ends With You. (Will worship the TWEWY soundtrack to pieces). I love Legend of Zelda as well.

Right now my favorite track that I keep listening to over and over is the Romance Theme from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Yes, I agree with you, there is usually at least one track that remains quite endearing to us usually from a favorite game that seems to find a way the embed itself in our hearts and minds which enhances the gaming experience.