Akuma-hime
Mar Mar

Old 02-11-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kottori View Post
I love Ichigo69! SuG is alright. (:
Anybody listen to NIGHTMARE?
Not just because their song 'Alumina' that made Death Note?
Yes i liked them after hearing the theme for Majin Tantei Nougami Nuero though
then i heard some other songs and thought they were good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Kunoichi View Post
:O I love ajikan!! (asian kung fu generation)

Their songs have a lot of meaning to them and all kinds of different beats kinda:D
Yes i agree with you.
They're my all time favorite band so far of my life

I have recently gotten into Vocaloids but feel i will never hear all of their songs because they're are so many due to the fact that anyone can make a song with them so everybody has different styles hence so much music

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrose_13092 View Post
I love listening to japanese music! My all time favorite japanese artist is Nobuo Uematsu. Well, he's more of a composer, but either way, he's the greatest, a musical genius! Anyone familiar with the musical scores of the Final Fantasy series should know what I'm talking about. His band, The Black Mages also kicks major behind.
OMG also him nya he's so awesome

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hielin View Post
I'm really into pop but I also like rock.
NEWS would be my favorite group.

Kuroishi Hitomi is another female artist who has the prettiest voice. Songs I recommend are Continued Story and Lullaby of M.
My friend listens to NEWS. But they sound too soft for my tastes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldreaOrcinae View Post
Gackt Camui. My favorite songs are Returner, Secret Garden, Rain, Lust for Blood, and (of course) Vanilla.
Gackt has an amazing voice... his vibrato's like... a diaphragm having a spasm. ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luenola Marxiel View Post

Hey! Say! JUMP - I just heard Your Seed and Jounetsu Jump. Not my cup of tea, lol.

See, I always thought Hirahara Ayaka has a great voice, but somehow, I've yet to hear a song from her that I've found addictive. Jupiter's a great song, certainly, but I'm not feeling it somehow. =3

Code Geass was the first I'd heard of Kuroishi Hitomi. I like the songs she did for that series though, of which Continued Story was one. =)

About Japanese songs I currently love by female vocalists though, and I probably mentioned some of these earlier, there are...

Dive Into Yourself - HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR

If I called NEWS soft, then Hey Say Jump! for me was just.... too happy! Dx
And for HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOR, didn't the vocalist leave because she got married?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Kunoichi View Post
:O I love ajikan!! (asian kung fu generation)

Their songs have a lot of meaning to them and all kinds of different beats kinda:D
Ditto.

Kelken
Ninja Kelli

Old 02-15-2010, 03:02 AM

Japanese music is fairly new to me, I only have a couple of songs from animes I liked.
My first was Yura Yura by Hearts Grow from Naruto

Luenola Marxiel
Radiance of the Night Sky
Send a message via MSN to Luenola Marxiel

Old 02-15-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinn View Post
Gackt has an amazing voice... his vibrato's like... a diaphragm having a spasm. ><

If I called NEWS soft, then Hey Say Jump! for me was just.... too happy! Dx
And for HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOR, didn't the vocalist leave because she got married?
Gackt does have a really nice voice. He also has a few singularly bad songs though. :lol:

Yeah, I can't get into NEWS and Hey Say Jump! either. I'm not sure about the vocalist for HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOR.

In other news, this is my current favourite song: MY LONELY TOWN - B'z

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 02-16-2010, 02:09 AM

I love Japanese artists. My top favourites are Versailles, Gackt and L'Arc en~Ciel..and well...many more that I just can't remember. I adore Visual Kei since I love effeminate males. Kamijo is always going to be one of my top favourite male singers of all time with his...uber...sexy voice and...yea, I'm not going there or I'll never leave. I'd like to find more bands to jam out to since I have a hard time finding them [all aforementioned bands were found by accident]. I really dig Gackt's new music, rock suits his voice very well and he's aging quite nicely if I may say so myself.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 02-16-2010, 04:58 AM

I LOVE Versailles. XD" I think if you like Versailles, you might like D, Phantasmagoria and Kagrra,. And if you enjoy L'arc en Ciel, you might enjoy B'z, Glay and maybe Dir en Grey. Have you heard anything from any of them?

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 02-17-2010, 02:49 PM

I'll look up those bands! Thanks for the suggestion. ;D I have heard of Phantasmagoria, but now I have a reason to put in the effort to look them up.

I've heard of Dir en Grey, I don't like them because...well...Kyo is...just...Kyo. I dislike his voice, I am not much for screamers and I think the man is completely and 110% insane. I prefer D'espairs Ray over Dir en Grey...or even the Gazette

Aiko-kawaii

Old 02-17-2010, 03:05 PM

ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION!!!!

Luenola Marxiel

Old 02-17-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBane View Post
I'll look up those bands! Thanks for the suggestion. ;D I have heard of Phantasmagoria, but now I have a reason to put in the effort to look them up.

I've heard of Dir en Grey, I don't like them because...well...Kyo is...just...Kyo. I dislike his voice, I am not much for screamers and I think the man is completely and 110% insane. I prefer D'espairs Ray over Dir en Grey...or even the Gazette
I don't generally like Dir en Grey's music, but they do have a few songs that are worth checking out, in my opinion (read: the ones where they don't scream). Have a look at Cage, Yokan and Glass Skin.

Oh, I forgot to mention the band Plastic Tree. XD"

Weech
Weech

Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 PM

I listen to A LOOTTTT of Japanese music. It all started from anime but a couple of years ago I got really into the music. I first found out about Gackt and Miyavi and was a huge fan of them for a while. Then I discovered Visual Kei and the music I listened to grew from there.

I grew out of the VK genre though. I barely listen to ANY music like that now, the closest would be Dir en grey, but they aren't VK anymore which I'm glad because I like their new sound better anyway. Which is WEIRD cause I usually HATE heavy metal, I just love Kyo's voice.

I then got into the Electronic, Ska and Pop genre. I still listen to those a lot, I tend to listen to artists a lot of people don't know about. I barely like any mainstream music and if I do, its like OLD work I enjoy more. Like FLOW, I can barely listen to anything new of theirs. The Pop that I do like is mainly Hello Projects! I really really love Mini Moni and of course its old band!

QueeniE*BEE
*Izzie*

Old 02-18-2010, 03:59 AM

I'm a BIG fan of Japanese music which probably grew from my love of anime.

@Kottori- I LOVE Nightmare<3 Star[K]Night and Can you do it have to be my top 2 favorite songs of theirs.

Johnny's artist I really like only really include Arashi even though I do listen to some of the others songs (Like NewS, Kanjani8, Shouentai, and Kiss-My-Ft2[Junior group])

Other artist I like are Radwimps, MEG, Maaya Sakamoto, and the GazettE

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 02-18-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luenola Marxiel View Post
I don't generally like Dir en Grey's music, but they do have a few songs that are worth checking out, in my opinion (read: the ones where they don't scream). Have a look at Cage, Yokan and Glass Skin.

Oh, I forgot to mention the band Plastic Tree. XD"
I'll look them up at some point...when I have free time.

Lol....Plastic Tree? I just love how...creative people are with their names these days. They make me giggle, really.

Weech
Weech

Old 02-18-2010, 06:31 PM

@Queenie: I TOTALLY LOVE Radwimps. I actually don't know too many people who listen to them.

arashi_dabong

Old 02-21-2010, 10:09 AM

yo! :D

as for me, my faves are..
.. ARASHI
.. NEWS
.. Hey!Say!JUMP

and i'm beginning to like KAT-TUN. XD

and BigBang's Japanese songs rock! XD

biRiN-cHaMinG^^

Royal Knight
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Royal Knight Send a message via MSN to Royal Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Royal Knight

Old 03-15-2010, 05:33 AM

I really don't get the whole different name/titles, like Visual Kei, and Oshare Kei, though, but I love Versailles, SuG, LM.C, Kanon Wakeshima, And a few/lotta others, lol. :D

Luenola Marxiel

Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 AM

@PrincessBane: I personally think Sambomaster and Doping Panda are a step up from Plastic Tree on the strange band names track, but well, someone's got to make up something new, I guess. XD"

@Royal Knight: I don't claim to understand the definitions of all the genres either, but I don't think that's important as long as you enjoy what you listen to. I think the types usually make it easier for people to find the kind of music they like based on whether or not they've liked other artists in the category, but with Visual Kei it gets a little confusing because from my experience, ten artists could be making ten incredibly different kinds of music and all be considered VK based on their presentation of it. :lol: And Versailles is awesome~ <3

Supi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-17-2010, 04:07 AM

Mmm, yeah :3
Currently all I listen to is Miyavi, but Rainbow Blues is one of my favorite songs as well as Girls, Be Ambitious. I also like to listen to various game tracks from JRPGs but I dunno if that counts :0