poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-04-2007, 12:00 AM

• What's the last CD, album, single, digital album, or digital songs that you purchased (legally, of course)?

nurie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-04-2007, 12:18 AM

Utada Hikaru - Ultra Blue

I dont buy music often anymore but if its a good album id gladly dish out money. :)

i hate it how some musicians make crap albums and sell them cos they think they would anyway cos theyre popular.. except itd only ruin their rep abit. :|

i just download a song or two cos its seriously not worth buying.. ~_~

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-04-2007, 12:20 AM

• I prefer buying whole albums, whole CDs and whatnot. I don't really like buying on iTunes, even when it's whole albums, because I just prefer to have the whole experience that the artist created. I always say that I never regret a music purchase.

nurie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-04-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground
  • I prefer buying whole albums, whole CDs and whatnot. I don't really like buying on iTunes, even when it's whole albums, because I just prefer to have the whole experience that the artist created. I always say that I never regret a music purchase.
i always listen to most songs before i do anything, if its good i'll buy it.. ive had 1 or 2 CDs that i bought and i regretted.. i used to buy SOOO many! i love music. and i appreciate it a lot if they are good. since i like singing as well.. but yeah :-S

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 AM

Cold Chisel Tribute Collaberation CD - Standing On The Outside

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-04-2007, 12:30 AM

• I love music, too. So even if I don't like the CD, or if I don't listen to it much, I still don't say that I regret it. I don't like already knowing all of the songs on an album before I listen to it. That takes away the surprise. Unless it's a compilation or soundtrack, lol. But I fully appreciate the value of the album.

nurie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-04-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground
  • I love music, too. So even if I don't like the CD, or if I don't listen to it much, I still don't say that I regret it. I don't like already knowing all of the songs on an album before I listen to it. That takes away the surprise. Unless it's a compilation or soundtrack, lol. But I fully appreciate the value of the album.
haha, that means you love it 100x more than i do. :) i admire that.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-04-2007, 12:37 AM

• Haha, thanks xP. Yeah, I'm a big music lover. It runs in my family. I used to have all of my album booklets on my door to say how much I love music, now they wouldn't all fit and I have other pictures on it instead.
    The last CD I bought is 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours from Green Day. The album's older than me (by only a few months XD) and I've been looking for it for a year and a half before I finally found it. I was so glad I finally found it!

nurie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-04-2007, 12:49 AM

:) i have never heard of that album. but thats prolly cos i dont really listen to that genre. but that's really great! where di dyou find it? ebay?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-04-2007, 12:53 AM

• No, part of the reason I hadn't been able to find it was because it was on an indie label... I'm never able to buy things from online because my parents don't like to use their credit cards, frustrating because I'll never get the original release of the album, but it was re-released on Reprise, which is the label Green Day are on now, and I just found it at FYE. But it was their first album, with a different drummer, lol.

Aiyana
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Aiyana

Old 03-04-2007, 01:35 AM

The last legit CD I bought was a 3 Disc compilation of French music. :) I tend to pirate music moreso than buy CDs unless I REALLY love the artist.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-04-2007, 01:41 AM

• lol, I've done that, but mostly only things that are only available in bootleg form in the first place. I don't mind that all my cash goes to music, I love it. I love the way my collection's growing. I bought 27 CDs and one 7" Single in '06.

[ Maxxyne ]
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via MSN to [ Maxxyne ]

Old 03-04-2007, 01:48 AM

B-Sides & Rarities by Deftones. Wonderful covers, as well as a few electro-acoustic remakes of their own songs. *Joy* It was a little expensive, though. But it came with a DVD of music videos.

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-04-2007, 04:27 AM

I download music more than buy, but that's because I have money. 8D;;; There's a lot of CDs I want... and even more, now that I've downloaded them and listened. XD;;

I can't remember off hand the last I bought though... I think it was Nirvana or AFI. :)

luciole
*^_^*

Old 03-04-2007, 05:23 AM

I dl my music generally XD but the last album bought was Faye Wong 'Fable', I had the cassette as a kid but my car doesnt play cassettes.

Oh and guess what.. few weeks later, my bro stole that CD 9_9 good thing I ripped and burnt it on another CD beforehand..

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 03-04-2007, 08:08 AM

I usually download my music to my phone. But for the car, I just bought Don Omar and Wisin y Yandel.

mystic kiwi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to mystic kiwi

Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 PM

I think it was Brand New's new CD. I love it to death too. I think the same day I also bought Buck Cherry's CD and Love Arcade.

Dawn Crest
*^_^*

Old 03-04-2007, 12:45 PM

Last CD I bought was "Within Temptation - The Silent force" after listening to all the demo tracks repeatedly in the music store. I decided I had to have it xD

iMani
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-04-2007, 12:56 PM

Last CD bought: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Anthology Through The Years"

Mnyonywaji
*^_^*

Old 03-04-2007, 01:35 PM

I don't buy Cds usually. The last one, oh, well, I bought 3 at the one time, so the last 3 were when I was at concert in another country... Kaizers Orchestra, thats the band! They do not distribiute their albums in Poland, where I do live, so it was the only opportunity to get them, without paying additional cash for sending it to me from Norway (yep. norwegian band).

I payed 45 euro, what was hell enermous amount of money for me - -' and still is... but I don't regret it : ) I have nice signatures of the whole band on them! ; p

Oh. And the titles are "Ompa til du doer", "Evig Pint" and "Maestro". The three only album releases of the band : P

Ebil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-04-2007, 03:31 PM

The Killers - Sam's Town <3
I usually buy CDs. I have dial-up internet (can't get any other where I live) and downloading songs takes forever.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-04-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic kiwi
I think it was Brand New's new CD. I love it to death too. I think the same day I also bought Buck Cherry's CD and Love Arcade.

• Love Arcade is from around here, I think XD.
    When I buy music on iTunes it's usually only one album from an artist I really want to hear from. Usually I try to make it an EP - something short - so that I can buy the full albums on CD.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 03-04-2007, 09:13 PM

*trying to think* It's been a really long time since I bought a CD. I prefer just buying individual songs, because I usually don't like the entire CD.

I think it was both of Savage Garden's CDs. It was yeaaaaaaars ago. I still love them. X3

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-04-2007, 09:22 PM

• Aw...
    I can't stand only buying individual songs. I always end up buying the CD sooner or later so to me it's a waste of money to just by individual songs.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 PM

The last CD's I bought were when i went to ameba records, and got "The Epoxies" 2 albums and :wumpscut:'s "music for the Slaughtering Tribe"