IcyPanther
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2007, 04:12 PM

I play flute ^.^ And I'm trying to teach myself how to play guitar

Bubblegum
*^_^*

Old 06-07-2007, 12:39 PM

I play guitar, but I'm absolutely terrible at picking. I'm trying to get better at it, but move-finger-to-this-fret-and-string does not like to cooperate with the pick-this-string command in my mind. I'll end up picking a different string or putting my finger on the wrong fret or something weird and it'll amke the wrong note which drives me off the wall. (I have perfect pitch -- it dearly helps when tuning.) I'm excellent at rhythm, though, but I have seven-year-old hands (An eight-year-old came up to me at lessons one day. She wanted to learn guitar but she was afraid her hands were too small. They were bigger than mine. o.o), so I can't play bar chords to save my life.

UmeMakoto
n/a
Send a message via AIM to UmeMakoto Send a message via Yahoo to UmeMakoto

Old 06-07-2007, 02:35 PM

I play Bass (Double and Electric) I have a 5 String Stingray, its my baby.

I am also kind of learning Harp and Clarinet, and this semester in college I am taking keyboard ^_^

Dans Le Passe
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Dans Le Passe Send a message via MSN to Dans Le Passe

Old 06-12-2007, 05:32 AM

I'm in my school orchestra, playing the violin.
I sorta know guitar, like, i can play it but i make up my own songs =/
I am learning piano & planning to me in a pop-punk band? yeah. Something related to that xD

X-thrax
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-12-2007, 01:04 PM

I play guitar, bass, keyboard, and piano. :D I like guitar and bass the most. Not so much on keyboard and piano. :P

I'm in an experimental band with two of my friends. Mix of funk, progressive, and thrash. XD It's kinda weird. :?

Masquerade
*^_^*

Old 06-12-2007, 07:29 PM

I took piano lessons from the age of seven to the age of sixteen. I sort of hit a plateau at that point and decided I didn't want the family to be wasting money on lessons anymore. These days I buy music I want to play and slowly work my way through it. The last book I bought was a selection of music from the Muppets and I love learning what's in there.

Someday I also hope to learn acoustic guitar. My mom taught herself when she was young and I'd love to do the same thing.

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to IshokuOsero Send a message via MSN to IshokuOsero Send a message via Yahoo to IshokuOsero

Old 06-12-2007, 07:32 PM

I played flute and percussion when I was in middle and high school band. Now I'm not sure how much of either that I can play though. xD But I am learning guitar right now, just regular acoustic, and then after I get better at that, I'll move on to electric and then to bass (bass is what I want to learn how to play, but I wanted to learn regular guitar first because then I figured it wouldn't hurt to know both, and that bass would be a bit easier once I learn a regular electric guitar xP ). So that's about it for now. ^^;

Abis
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-12-2007, 09:30 PM

I used to play the piano, but quit a few years ago, and have probably forgotten a good amount of what I knew.

I've been working on guitar for a while, now, and know how to play bass.... Not really interested in doing the whole band bit, but I love being able to just pick up an instrument and begin playing something off the top of my head.

Lehila
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Lehila

Old 06-15-2007, 08:48 AM

when it comes to quite decent playing, i play flute, viola, violin and piano. my guitar playing abilities are still in development XD

as for the band, i dont need to play cause i sing D: XD well not at the moment because we're on hiatus and hell knows if we start doing anything again. we began without any particular genre, with the songs inspired by various bands, made a few really massive prog rock songs but then we drifted into the nu-metal scene slightly.

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2007, 02:22 AM

i can play a piano/organ and partially play a saxophone(still learning) i'm not in a band because there' aren't too many bands that are looking for either instrument or my level of skill. but i would either play jazz or some kind of rock.

xX Nightmare Angel Xx
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to xX Nightmare Angel Xx

Old 07-12-2007, 12:48 PM

• Well currently I don't really play anything ><;;
    But I used to! x)

Piano
    I played piano for the six years of my life. I hated it after the first few lessons >___>. But my parents forced me to stay. It was overpriced and mega strict. She always made me change the way I dressed just for my piano lessons X.X . My songs bored me and I had lessons every Saturday morning! Jeez, of all days she puts it on Saturday -rolls eyes- . Plus, there was piano recitals and performances classes. Always spending my weekends doing something I hated. For six long miserable years D< . But whatever, it's over now n___n. But after those six years, I was really good. But I'd rather be terrible at something I love that awesome at something I hate ;3

Ukulele
    A lot of people don't even know what this is xD. It's like a midget guitar basically. Reference Picture. This was way fun <333. My teacher was really nice and I got to learn more exciting songs :]. Plus, he refused to have classes on Saturdays because he thought it wasn't fair to take away a child's weekend since we only have childhood for a limited amount of time ;]. That's what I'm talking about! I played it for almost two years. I would still be playing now but I'm going to a different school farther away so I won't be able to take lessons anymore D': . Oh well.

Yeah, that's about it. I tried the flute once but it never did work. Not even for a day ><;;

El DJ
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-15-2007, 08:54 PM

I play guitar.

I'm not in a band, but I plan on starting one once I find some people that live near me that play other instruments, like drums and what not. My friend knows how to play the drums, but he quit...
T_T

Major Tippy
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Major Tippy

Old 07-16-2007, 03:44 AM

:3 I play the Guitar, viola, and taught myself how to play the violin and piano.

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 07-16-2007, 05:52 AM

I don't play anything right now, but I've played plenty of things.

3rd grade: Recorder
4th grade: Clarinet
5th grade: Trumpet/Clarinet
6th grade: Guitar

I never got far on any of them. I hate the trumpet. It was so heavy and the spit valve thing was nasty. And that was for school band, and the teacher looked like a penguin. Seriously.

Twilight_Torrent
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM

I play guitar, and my band does rock/metal music. (similar to Evanescence, Rush, and Heart)

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 07-16-2007, 08:43 PM

I used to play piano religiously, for 8 years, and then I quite about 5 years ago.. I only played classical my favorite being the moonlight sonata. Now I'm trying to relearn it and I'm still kicking myself for not keeping up with that. Worst mistake I could have made.

IRK3N
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-17-2007, 12:51 AM

I played the violin for about 5 years. I was in orchestra in school, but then I quit after 8th grade because I wanted to take other classes.

I've got a guitar, but I don't really know how to play it. I'm gonna end up teaching myself before I get lessons.

!WeirdBlueOne!
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-17-2007, 06:35 PM

I play the oboe. I swear, it seems that nobodies ever heard of
it. It's in an orchestra or band always but it's always overlooked.

Twilight_Torrent
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-17-2007, 07:16 PM

I'm not sure if I posted here already... but I play the guitar and bass. My band plays rock/metal music.

^Hehe I did... sorry...^

iSpam~
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-18-2007, 11:18 AM

I'm going to learn to play the Guitar next school year! ;D
But I don't know if I'm any good at it. O:

Naraku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-22-2007, 08:20 PM

I use to play violin and trumpet. I would really like to play violin again but my highschool doesn't have it. I changed from trumpet to baritone. I could probably pick it up again but I like the baritone better anyway.
I also play guitar and bass guitar and saving up to buy a bass or an electric.
I play a little piano though I've never had lessons and I can do small things with the drums.

As for bands, I play baritone in my school band. I was in the orchestra with the violin in middle school. I'm suppose to play in my uncle's band but it hasn't happened.

`F o a m
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-23-2007, 05:49 AM

I used to play trumpet but then I switched to baritone and now I'm currently in marching band.
(( With band camp coming soon. xD ))

Miss Conception
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-25-2007, 05:17 AM

I was in my school’s choir for three years, so I play my voice? But I don’t think that really counts for an instrument. I’ve sort of self-taught myself the piano, and I own a little electric keyboard that I’m in love with. I learn songs from YouTube (no joke—there are some great teachers on there) that I like, and playing it just relaxes me and makes me happy. I’m saving my money to get an upright, and I can’t wait! ♥ ♥ ♥

Lysander
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Lysander

Old 09-19-2007, 12:09 PM

I play... violin, trumpet, drums, acoustic guitar, piano, clarinet, and flute.

I play the trumpet in an orchestra, I use to play it in school, while I was in school. All through high school in the Wind Ensemble, grade bands, and Stage Bands.

I took private lessons on the piano and drums. Though I stopped those after a while. Only got up to my grade 4 for piano due to not being able to focus on it, so my mother took me out of the lessons.

I teach myself the violin and guitar. I've been focusing a lot on my violin and can play a few grade 4 pieces, even though I've only been playing a few months.

I played the clarinet and flute for a few months while I was in grade school. I quit due to my teacher never fixing my instrument or helping me learn how to properly play the instrument.

I played the drums at a rock camp I went to. I played in 3 bands there due to lack of drummers. I was on TV for that, along with my band artwork.

I played in 2 bands that were formed with my friends. Though, due to the guitarists being idiots and constantly fighting in both bands, neither of them were together for very long.

Feralin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Feralin

Old 09-21-2007, 02:43 PM

I have a keyboard but I never got lessons for it.

I really should one day. =w=