Ruki
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-20-2008, 03:27 AM

I follow the related communities on livejournal actually. XD' The Dir community is very prompt about putting up new info and all that. And as for Taste of Chaos I just saw general talk about it there, plus some people I know went. x:

_Ruki_
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-21-2008, 12:57 AM

I try to use livejournal, but my computer says NO! XD
I hope Jrock Revolution come around next year, and that it will be closer to me. I alwys find out about them too late.

Ruki
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-21-2008, 01:51 AM

Aww, that sucks. D: What about it does it not like? -has no problem-

And if nothing else, stalking ticketmaster doesn't hurt. You could browse every once in a while for bands you like lol. XD

And uh... JRR scares me. ;o; So many freakin people in one place at one time. It'd be amazing if they did a tour type thing with it lol. I'd totally go then.

_Ruki_
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-21-2008, 02:33 AM

It totally does not load the page, freezes, and does other odd things. xD

LOL! I am stalking ticket master. I have signed up, and have added about 90 bands to my watch list. xD

That scares me too. All those crazy fans, pushing you out of the way. O_O I would LOVE for them to do a tour thingy. I really need to move to Cali.

LucidBane
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to LucidBane

Old 09-06-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Why do you like Dir en grey?
I like Dir en Grey mainly because they are what led me to my current tastes. They were kind of like my "gateway" in industrial, and eventually my current interests. I first got into them by listening to their music from their more Visual Kei period. While I do enjoy their new style a lot, the Marrow of the Bone CD disappointed me a bit. I'm going to get to see them in November live, so I can't wait for that.
Quote:
What's your favourite Dir en grey PV?
I would have to say Mazohyst of Decadence, mainly because it really gets a message through and just makes me shiver. :heart:
Quote:
What's your favourite Dir en grey song?
I would have to say "Ain't Afraid to Die", mainly because that song pulled me through a rough time in life.
Quote:
What's your favourite Dir en grey album?
Sadly, I don't have a favorite album. I love it all.
Quote:
What's your favourite Dir en grey member?
Kyo because he does some amazing stuff during live performances.

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 12-10-2008 at 01:31 AM..

GothicGypsy

Old 12-09-2008, 06:11 AM

I actually got to see them for the second time live at First Avenue Bar in Minnesota. It was spectacular. Sadly I had to leave about a half hour early since I was feeling sick and lightheaded that night. But I had a really great time and have many loverly pictures to prove it!

Shinya

Old 12-09-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Their music is versatile. You'll never hear the same song twice. They're always changing in their music, their presentation, and their lives. Seeing them live just blows any other experience away. It's addicting. I always find myself saying "I wish I could go to another show!" whenever I get finished seeing them. They can be so hypnotizing. I've seen them four times now and it never gets old! The building excitement has dwindled a bit. Like.. when I first saw them in New York it was my FIRST time seeing them and we didn't know if they'd be back and it was butterflies all the way, but this last time, two hours before the concert, it wasn't any different. It was like my first time seeing them all over again. They truly are best seen live, I think

Quote:
I have an unusual fondness for [KR] Cube, but I'm not sure if it's my favorite. It might be.

Quote:
I love umbrella and C and track 9 on Marrow of a Bone (I can NEVER remember how that title is spelled and I'm too lazy to look it up)

Quote:
Uroboros right now, most definitely. I think it's the best blend of their sound and you can tell how much they've improved as musicians since JEALOUS and MISSA.

Quote:
I think this could be quite obvious.

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 12-10-2008 at 01:26 AM..

PkingSora
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-11-2008, 12:37 AM

Not much of a DEG fan, however they do have a few songs that I like.. for example. CAGE, and YOKAN. that’s about it sadly.. I remember in highschool, I used someone of their music during a psychology project. fufufu, apparently my fellow students enjoyed their music more than I did. and they didn’t even understand it. music is funny that way, you don’t need to understand something to understand it

pachi
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-10-2009, 02:52 AM

i love dir en grey~ o wo

i love how their music is always changing, but i have to say my favourite 'era' of their music is the between vulgar and wtd. ♥

i also saw them live twice 8D; it was awesome. <333

Tokai_Hara
Tokai_Hara

Old 03-05-2010, 02:21 AM

Phew I almost thought no one had set up a Diru thread yet. But here all of you are, hi everyone!!

They were the first Jrock/visual band I was introduced to and the one that stuck in my mind as I found others. Their sound has always been unique and they've got a song for whatever mood I'm in.

What's your favorite Dir en grey PV?
Goushitsu Hakuei no Sakura

What's your favorite Dir en grey song?
GARDEN

What's your favorite Dir en grey album?
Vulgar!!

Who's your favorite Dir en grey member?
Toshiya :drool: I practically live for that man, just don't tell my fiance xD

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to ArsenicAttitude

Old 03-05-2010, 02:34 AM

Woo Dir en grey page!
I love Dir en grey.
They're my favorite band.
Anyways, to answer your questions haha.

1. I like them because their sound is versatile and unique.
You really don't know what you're going to get from them in each album.
It's just something different.
Also, their music has helped me through some tough times and I can relate to a lot of their songs.

2. Oh god favorite PV?
I would have to say Yokan for now.
I just love the concept of it.

3. Favorite song right now would probably be Vinushka.
Second favorite is C.
Third is Jesus Christ R'n'R.

4. I really like all the albums.
More I listen to than others.
But if I had to choose, it would be a tie between Withering to Death, Vulgar, and Uroboros.
Can't pick just one haha.

5. I like all of them, but to order them, it would be:
Kyo
Die
Toshiya
Shinya
Kaoru

Toshi is growing on me more now.
He has so much energy in the live performances, as do all the others too.

I love Dir en grey lol.
Hopefully, I can go to one of their concerts one day.
That would be the best day of my life.

Weech
Weech

Old 03-05-2010, 04:50 AM

I love Dir en grey! I'm so glad there is a thread for them.

Quote:
I started to like them when I was really into VK, which was weird cause I never really liked music in that genre before. Kyo's voice was just so magical that I couldn't stop listening for weeks. I quickly grew out of VK and it seems so did Diru and they became more heavy metal. I was a bit worried cause again not my style of music but somehow I love it so much. I really think it all has to do with Kyo's voice. I'm very happy with they way they have progressed, even though I do enjoy some of their older work I can say it's not my favorite anymore.

Quote:
I'm not sure what my favorite PV is. I never really watch them. I have seen a couple but I can't really choose. I might have to say either Saku, The Final, or Child Prey cause I really like some of their outfits in those.

Quote:
Again no clue. It changes every week, I always listen to a certain song and strongly like it for that week. Right now I love Shokubeni from their newest single, Child Prey, and Dozing Green.

Quote:
So far I would have to say The Marrow of the Bone. I enjoy all the tracks off that album and can listen to it for hours.

Quote:
If you couldn't tell by now, it's Kyo. I love his voice, the lyrics he comes up with, and he is pretty fine ;D I love how he does things I would hate from someone else and turns them into something totally radical.

Krokodil
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Krokodil Send a message via MSN to Krokodil

Old 03-10-2010, 05:59 PM

I like Diru because...well I really don't know. I usually hate that sort of music but for some reason Kyo just makes it so radical. I also love how he likes to get bloody and puke blood on stage. His voice is pretty cool too. I really love how they started out all VEEKAY but then drifted away from it to make their own thing.

I don't really have a favorite PV. I guess I would say Saku or Obscure but I don't really know or care about that.

I'm not sure about my favorite song. I like a lot . But lately I've been focusing on 蝕紅 because it's just so awesome. It's the newer version of the song that was shot in one take. It's amazing.

Not sure about my favorite album.

My favorite would be Kyo, even though that seems cliche. He is just so cool and like I said before, I love how he pukes blood and stuff on stage. I love his voice and I think he is a radical dude. I also find him kind of attractive.

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-13-2010, 04:43 AM

Krokodil:
I agree.
Kyo is very attractive.
:3
Although, Die is the best looking one out of the bunch.
Then comes Kyo haha.

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2010, 01:36 AM

Just to let everyone know, the new Dir en grey PV for Hageshisa to, Kono Mune no Naka de Karamitsuita Shakunetsu no Yami is on Youtube if you want to see it.
They also have it on itunes, where you can download it on your ipod.
IT IS AMAZING!
*A*

D1S50lv3dG1Rl
Alfred F. Jones

Old 03-30-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
I like Dir en Grey because they are first real Japanese band that I've really liked listening to. The music kicks ass, the guys are hot, their performance on stage is electric, their engrish makes me lol, and they've kept my attention despite how I never really get into favorite bands.
Quote:
It has to be Obscure because that chick in red creeps me out more than anything in the world XD

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's "Drain Away"...I've always liked that idea when it comes to sorrow ...draining away or dissolving...the music strikes my heart strings I guess...but then again...so does Ain't Afraid to Die...I love that one so much too...DX let's just say I have a couple of favorites ;D
Quote:
I have to say "Vulgar" was because it was the first Album I owned...that's pretty much it though...it's not my favorite by a whole lot...because I love most of their songs :D
Quote:
Who is your favourite Dir en grey member?
It has always been Toshyia, I love his on-stage personality...happy/energetic/sly...I also have this thing for the bass or how the sound of it moves me...*shivers*

xDOOMx
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I love the visuals that they have used in PV's and the darkness that is Kyo

Quote:
Cage. I have always wanted to be a ballerina <3

Quote:
Glass Skin. Kyo tries to speak english soooo hard<<<333
Quote:
Six Ugly

Quote:
Kyo.

melonmilk
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
They're awesome. ;)
I just love the style of music and the thoughtful ..and pretty depressing lyrics. Haha. They're amazing live, too. And they nailed visual kei and made it their thing.
Quote:
Kodou, and I have no idea why.
Quote:
Merciless cult and the final are probably the best songs ever made.
Quote:
Withering to death.
Quote:
TOSHIYA. OH THE HOTNESS. :)

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 04-09-2010 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: Adding Quote Tabs