xiii.ayamatsu
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-14-2007, 04:00 PM

I've always wondered.. What kind of music do people mostly listen to.

Some listen to punk rock.. others listen to techno.

I wonder which genre people mostly adore...

Please state, OK?

'Cause I'd really like to know. XD

Apeiron
Tiger

Old 10-14-2007, 04:18 PM

I grew up on British bands, Like Queen, and the Beatles.
So I'm mostly a rock guy.
Although I do like goth metal.

JuliaV
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-14-2007, 07:53 PM

I've been listening to a lot of Latin these past few years.

BettyBeat
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 PM

I listen to a lot of ska, and recently (within the past year) Jazz.

I really like most music, though. :3

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2007, 03:22 PM

I mostly listen to South Korean video game composers...like Sung-Woon Jang. He's my favorite composer, my favorite musician...he's amazing.

Someone told me to listen to a Korean rap band once, I did and liked them, but I don't remember what they were called. D:

I listen to mostly video game music, with a few exceptions.

Composers:
Nikacha
Yasunori Mitsuda
4TUNE
Motoi Sakuraba
Shinji Tamura
Akira Yamaoka
Yuki Kajiura
Hiroki Kikuta
Spencer Nielson
Goo-Min Nam
Noriyuki Iwadare
Nobuo Uematsu

Other:

Days of the New (old favorite, I was a fan in high school, almost sickeningly obsessive after their second album, II)
Seal
Savage Garden
Enigma
Loreena McKennitt
America
James Taylor
Tool (I own...about 25 Tool shirts)
Thea Gilmore (She's terrible awesome!)
Utada Hikaru
Goo Goo Dolls
Radiohead
Sarah McLachlan
Missy Elliot
Aaliyah T_T (I still cry thinkin' about her)

...what genres do those fall under? XD Many, methinks.

Addi
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Addi

Old 04-19-2008, 08:54 PM

My? I'm a real rocker! I have four Beatles CD's and lot of other CD's with bands like Guns n' Roses, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath and Kiss :D !

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 04-19-2008, 11:58 PM

I'll listen to almost anything actually, though I go for mainly mainstream pop, or pop-rock stuff.

.Frost-Bitten-Heart.
Send a message via AIM to .Frost-Bitten-Heart.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:03 AM

I'm really diverse with what I listen to. :P I listen to different languages (English, Japanese, Hindi, Korean, Spanish) as well as different genres... (Rock, Pop, Hip-hop, Country, Screamo, R&B, etc.) Some of my favorite bands/singers, and I have a lot, are:

Panic At the Disco, Paramore, Taking Back Sunday, Three Days Grace, Saliva, Breaking Benjamin, The Used, Escape the Fate, Bullet For My Valentine, Evanescence, HIM, Sugarcult, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Boys Like Girls, Story of the Year, Avril Lavigne, My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds To Mars, Disturbed, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Maroon 5, Omarion, Rihanna, Flyleaf, Alicia Keys, Chris Brown, T-Pain, Nickleback, Brian McKnight, Cary Brothers, Fightstar, Sonu Nigam, Miyavi, Shakira, Fall Out Boy, Sum 41, Dream, Ishida Youko, Utada Hikaru, Nelly Furtado, YUI, Hearts Grow, BoA, Himesh Reshammiya, Seki Tomokazu, Dir en Grey, Jyukai, Uday Mazumdar, Trapt, Katharine McPhee, Nelly, Beyoncé, Yui Makino, Noriaki Sugiyama, Within Temptation, Christine Lorentzen, The Fray, Susumu Ueda, Isaac Blackman, BRACE;d, Minawo, Chris Daughtry Savage Garden, Younha, Nana Kitade, Koda Kumi, The All-American Rejects, Kelly Clarkson, Ne-yo, NIRGILIS, Fergie, Sean Paul, Green Day, Nightmare, Yuki Kajiura, Marcos Hernandez, Enrique Iglesias, Anna Tsuchiya, Yoko Ishida, Justin Timberlake, JD Natasha, Hinder, Nami Tamaki, Aaliyah, Itou Eri, JoJo, Kim Ah Jung, Paula DeAnda, Do As Infinity, Nick Lachey, Abingdon Boys School, Miyu Irino, Shreya Ghoshal, Elliott Yamin, Sora Naegino, Usher, Aly & AJ... there are more but I can't remember them right now. '^_^

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-21-2008, 05:12 PM

I'm a rock girl. But I'm picky, too.
Pretty much everything from the 70s to the 90s. Some from the 60s, and some from recently.
But I don't love everything. As I said, I'm picky. There are lots of bands that I hate. XD And I love going on rants about hating them.... XD

Way_To_Dawn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-26-2008, 12:48 AM

Usually I listen to Simple & Clean, Sanctuary, or Real Emotion. I like music from video games. Other than that, I listen to stuff by Avril Lavigne.

MrsGrape
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-26-2008, 12:51 AM

I am totally open to all types of music as long as I feel I can personally connect with it or groove with it somehow.

I used to be one of those elitist goth kids who claimed to only listen to one type of music. Now I'm not afraid to admit that I have both Marilyn Manson and Britney Spears in my collection! Haha. I rock!

Raine Grey
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 PM

i'll love anything to be honest.
on my iPod right now ive got indie, mainstream rock, screamo, metal, rap metal, techno, country, video game music, J-pop... its all there C:

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-28-2008, 10:00 PM

Rock, Pop, and Techno, but it changes a lot. It really depends on how I've been feeling lately or stuff like that, but lately a lot of the music I listen to are soundtracks to movies or dramas. And most of the songs that I listen to are in either Chinese, Japanese, or Korean. I only listen to some American songs but I really hate the type of rap that they have on the radio in the US and they play so many rap songs on the radio that I don't listen to it. So really I don't know much about what songs are super popular right now where I live but I know more about popular songs on the other side of the world xDDDD;;

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-29-2008, 05:44 PM

I mostly listen to country. It's what I grew up on, never quite shook it off even though my best friend tried her best to get me to like metal. xD Some of it is okay though. I listen to some rock too, but there aren't many bands I really like. I usually only like a couple songs from a bunch of different bands, and dislike the rest of their stuff. I've started listening to some older rock too, thanks to friends and some games. There are also a couple Japanese songs that I like, thanks again to my best friend. And thanks to another friend, I like some techno. And then there are some things I listen to that I just have no clue how to describe. o_O

iAlkemy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-29-2008, 09:13 PM

I listen to mostly anything. It all depends on the song.

C0NTRA
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 AM

Game soundtracks, electronic, and goth rock,
predominantly.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 PM

I actually differ greatly in what I love:
Classical
punk rock
jpop
rock
jrock
techno
syth pop
alternative
indie rock
OSTs
Metal
Hard Rock
Celtic
Choral Music
Gothic Rock
Showtunes
Oldies
Blues
and others.

I really listen to anything but rap and heavy heavy screamo metal stuff. I listen to a little bit of country even (not much but I still do).

Kushinada
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Kushinada

Old 05-15-2008, 10:11 PM

I dont have just one type of music that I listen to. If I hear a song I like then I like it...no matter what sort of music it is.

serafim_azriel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-16-2008, 11:29 PM

I listen to pretty much everything. I'm picky about rap and don't listen to much country, but besides that, everything. Literally.

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 05-17-2008, 08:03 PM

i listen to asian music [ jpop, jrock, chinese, viet, korean ] to gangster rap in english xD
rock, screamo, pop, electronica, and just a bunch of different types! 8D <3

iHug

Old 05-17-2008, 10:48 PM

I listen to a lot of things.
Emo, Screamo, Rock, 60s, 70s, 80s, Pop, Glam-rock, Folk, Psychedelic, Acid Rock.
Thats all I can think of now...

DivineHeart
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-18-2008, 07:40 AM

I myself prefer metal,oldies music,rock,hard rock,gothic music,classical,once in awhile rap,and music from different countrys like italy or germany etc.

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2008, 05:39 AM

Rock
Pop rock
Punk
Industrial
Ebm
Pop
Experimental
Gothic rock* *to an extent
etc

I do not listen to:
rap
r n b
country
religious

Den ro
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Den ro Send a message via MSN to Den ro Send a message via Yahoo to Den ro

Old 05-20-2008, 05:43 AM

I listen to an insane amount of punk rock and rap thats all thats in my IPOD

Sailor45
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Sailor45

Old 05-20-2008, 10:30 AM

Rack,metal,Jrock,Jpop,death metal,and(dus not at all fit with the rest) jazz.