Katurine
Web Warrior for GrailKnights

Old 01-03-2009, 04:50 PM

I'd say anything composed by Danny Elfman for Tim Burton's movies. :D

Doctor Manhattan
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 01-03-2009, 05:03 PM

I like most of the Spiderman soundtracks. :) Velvet Goldmine has some good songs on it as well. Ooh, and Brokeback Mountain. :heart:

Opera Phantomess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-03-2009, 05:40 PM

The only movie soundtrack I own is the first one of Repo! The Genetic Opera (the second bigger one is due out in a few weeks with the DVD). Even though all the songs featured are performed in the movie and not just as background theme, I really cannot stop listening to it. :drool:

Music Addict
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-03-2009, 11:26 PM

Personally, I loved all the songs featured in the movie "Wall-E"! I enjoyed listening to all of them. ^_^ Especially the song that comes at the end called, "Down to Earth" by Peter Gabriel (I think).

Addina
*^_^*

Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 PM

I love the sweeny todd soundtrack and hedwig and the angry inch.

MimiYoshi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to MimiYoshi Send a message via Yahoo to MimiYoshi

Old 01-13-2009, 07:08 PM

I like alot of soundtracks x33 Yet!
If I must say, my all time favorite one...
It must be by Marc Anthony & Tina Arena - I want to spend my lifetime loving you. A beautiful one Soundtrack.

It was a soundtrack for a Zorro movie. I loved the movie, but the song always stuck by me.
It's a good song, though it's quite old. Perhaps either one of you could try it. ^-^

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 01-23-2009, 02:26 AM

I really, really like the soundtracks for P.S. I Love You and Grease. I'd add them to my earlier list.

laustic
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-25-2009, 08:47 AM

I have so many favorites, but here's my top 5:

1. Gladiator
2. Lord of the Rings
3. Trainspotting
4. Braveheart
5. Sense & Sensibility

Eileanora
'heaven is the feeling i get in ...
Send a message via AIM to Eileanora

Old 01-26-2009, 02:50 AM

a lot of the soundtracks i favor have danny elfman as
the composer/producer.
for instance, batman, the nightmare before christmas, and chicago.

also, i don't know if musicals count or not, but i would have to say
i love listening the the rodger's and hammerstein's cinderella soundtrack
as well :]

Rumpus Ruu
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-27-2009, 06:35 PM

I'd have to say my top favorite on 'movie' soundtracks would be: Moulin Rouge, Danny Elfman (Anything of his just makes me giggle), Grease, RENT, The Sound of Music, Harry Potter, Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Cats Don't Dance, Juno, Chicago, and the list goes for hours. XD

DeLish
*^_^*

Old 01-27-2009, 09:30 PM

Man. A favorite? I have songs from scenes that I absolutely love, but soundtracks for a whole movie? Hmm. I liked some songs from "Donnie Darko" like "Gretchen Ross" and "Liquid Spear Waltz"; I loved the main theme of the X-Men movies and the ending song with the final battle between Phoenix and Wolverine in the third movie; I like the innocent feel of "Pursuit of Happyness"; Michael... Hornton? Thomas Hornton? He did "Beautiful Mind" and some cowboy/"Indian" movie with Tommy Lee Jones, I usually like his music like "All Love Can Be" with Charlotte Church; I also liked a lot of the music I heard in "Lady in the Water." I couldn't possibly pick a favorite, but the "Beautiful Mind" soundtrack is the only one I bought (only because I couldn't find "Pursuit of Happyness" or "Lady in the Water")

Edit: Wow, I was so off. It's James Horner. I guess I was confusing him with Michael Andrews who composed the "Donnie Darko" soundtrack.

Re-Edit: Ok, are we talking more movie scores or just the CDs that come out with songs that may have been in the song or the credits or something? I'd have to include some musicals there, if so. I like "Wicked," "RENT," "The Sound of Music," tons of Disney songs, can't even begin; the Final Fantasy video games, Kingdom Hearts, and Metal Gear Solid... Ok, maybe that's all now.

:offtopic:
I HAVE 1000 GOLD!! YAAAAAY!

Last edited by DeLish; 01-27-2009 at 09:36 PM..

Buttsexual Gasms
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Buttsexual Gasms

Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 PM

The first and Second Underworld soundtracks were amazing. I could listen to them all the way through without skipping any songs. The first one was more bands that no one has heard, and the second one was a lot of popular artist's remixed songs. They have some of the best mixes of a lot of songs I've heard. The Queen of the Damned soundtrack was fantastic, but I'm sure everyone knows that. A lot of people are in hate of Twilight right now, but it did have a very good soundtrack. I've been listening to it a lot lately.

Maggerz
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2009, 03:21 PM

VELVET GOLDMINE!!!!! That one has got to take the cake! n_n

Elsa Shawcross
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Elsa Shawcross Send a message via Yahoo to Elsa Shawcross

Old 03-03-2009, 03:37 PM

I hate Twilight but I love the song "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse that was used for the soundtrack... XDDDDDDDD

taytaylalala
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to taytaylalala Send a message via MSN to taytaylalala Send a message via Yahoo to taytaylalala

Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 PM

I'm obsessed with soundtracks. Some of my favorites are...
-Lord of the Rings
-P.S. I Love You
-Twilight
-Sweeney Todd
-Xanadu
-Across the Universe <3
I'm sure there are probably more, however, they're not popping to mind at the moment.

Solaris
Send a message via MSN to Solaris

Old 03-04-2009, 04:05 AM

My favorites constantly change, but I love the Across the Universe and Moulin Rouge soundtracks.

Nion12

Old 04-13-2009, 02:31 AM

I'd have to say mine is the Hedwig and The Angry Inch soundtrack. The music in the movie was amazing. The whole thing was amazing. I'd love to see the stage play.

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 PM

My favorite musical scores are Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars. Actually, just make that anything by John Williams.

In terms of vocal soundtracks, Chicago would be my favorite movie one, but I tend to listen to more Broadway soundtracks. Currently my favorites are Les Miserables, Titanic the Musical, Sweeney Todd (original), and Shrek the Musical.

Cola Leaf
Classic

Old 04-17-2009, 12:07 AM

Chicago, Sweeny Todd, Harry Potter, and Pirates of the Caribbean.
haha, love the songs of Sweeny Todd <3

Rennakins
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Rennakins

Old 04-19-2009, 04:54 PM

I love the Gladiator soundtrack haha....

Also "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" has a fantastic soundtrack. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa Shawcross View Post
I hate Twilight but I love the song "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse that was used for the soundtrack... XDDDDDDDD
I'm the same way. I adore that song haha... but I hate Twilight. :)

XBleedingxWhitexRoseX
What doesn't kill you, makes you...

Old 04-22-2009, 04:12 PM

The Lord Of The Rings and Twilight...

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 04-25-2009, 05:36 AM

I'm pretty much in love with the soundtrack to Across The Universe, but that's mostly because I'm a pretty huge Beatles fan to begin with.

Musical wise, I'd have to say that Sweeney Todd, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog and Hairspray are among my top group.

The soundtracks to all three of the LotR movies were amazing, Wanted was really intense (then again, Danny Elfman rarely disappoints), and the Speed Racer soundtrack was pretty impressive, too.

Tama-chan
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Tama-chan Send a message via MSN to Tama-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Tama-chan

Old 06-20-2009, 06:31 PM

My favorite OSTs (there are a lot of them as I'm realllyyy into classical-type music):
(in no particular order)
1. Harry Potter (all of them, but I think that the Goblet of Fire is the best one.)
2. Eragon (yes, the movie sucked, but the OST is amazinggg. I love patrick doyle<3 He was the one who also did the Goblet of Fire, haha)
3. Princess Mononoke
4. Spirited Away (Is it just me or do Hayao Miyazaki movies always have a good soundtrack?)
5. The Lord of the Rings
6. Phantom of the Opera
7. Sweeney Todd
8. Inu Yasha is decent as well.

I have a bunch more OSTs in my iTunes, but they're all just eh. I got them from my friend. :P

Heruuna
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-27-2009, 05:05 AM

Definitely the Princess Mononoke soundtrack.
I listen to that thing every day, and I always find I get lost in it and end up listening to it for hours.

antinous
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to antinous

Old 06-27-2009, 04:11 PM

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this one but the August Rush soundtrack is amazing. I get chills watching the movie because the music is just perfect for it. You really believe that the music is something a child prodigy would think of: beautiful, sad, spunky, chaotic, innocent.

Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings had great soundtracks (mentioned already I know), but I also really liked the soundtrack to Itty Bitty Titty Comity, very indy and fun.

Some anime fans may know this one: Loveless, I love the Loveless soundtrack. I'm always trying to find it: so intense!