EllipticalHorizons
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2008, 07:51 AM

Okay guys, I wasn't sure where this went, I'm hoping it stays put here. Anyways. I searched the music section and couldnt find anything with a related title, so here goes.

What is the most embarassing thing you have on your iPod or MP3? I have this reputation of being apathetic and listening to dark music, basically screamo. Everyone is surprised when they search through my iPod and find the occasional Hilary Duff song, or Pussycat Dolls. Talk about strange looks!

So what's your dirty little secret music wise?

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2008, 02:14 PM

I would be ashamed if anyone that doesn't know me very well went through my iPod...

Because they would find Hannah Montana. >_><_< That's probably the most embarrassing thing I think. Well, the RENT songs would be a bit embarrassing, but I'm less ashamed of them then the Hannah Montana songs.

But to change the subject OFF OF ME....Oh my gosh, you listen to Hillary Duff? That's so cool ^_^ And completely unexpected. But cool!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-09-2008, 06:06 PM

Well, I don't use an MP3 player, and most of my CDs aren't embarrassing, so I looked on my computer. Sure enough, I've got a VERY embarrassing song there. xD
"Hate Me" by Blue October. XD That song is so fucking emo. But I sort of like it. ;_;

I also have "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred, but that's not so much embarrassing as it is funny. XD And I have an excuse. I downloaded it because I'm putting it in an animation that I'm making.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 07-09-2008, 07:05 PM

I don't have a MP3 player either, so after looking through my library I found out I still have the Jonas Brothers' self titled on my computer. @_@

I had several times when I wanted to delete it from my computer, but it doesn't take that much space anyways, soooo. XD

EllipticalHorizons
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 PM

@ James - Hannah Montana is awesome. You go Dolphin Wife!
@ Cherry - That song IS very emo. I can't stand it xD To each his (or her) own though.
@ Circa Survive - Nice username, dope band. The Jonas Brothers are THE thing right now, that shouldn't be embarassing =P

Risque
bing chilling

Old 07-09-2008, 08:44 PM

Yeah, I suppose. Shame that there's a good portion of the Jonas Brother's fanbase that is mostly obsessed with them because they either have not been exposed to any better music, or because Nick, Joe, or Kevin is hot. @_@

And yes, Circa Survive is way dope. :'D

EllipticalHorizons
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2008, 08:47 PM

Haha, I'm pretty sure that good looks contributes to 99% of their fame.
Especially with Camp Rock.

This could just be me, but listening to Dance Gavin Dance and Circa Survive
kind of sounds the same to me. The vocals at least. Is there any connection?

Risque
bing chilling

Old 07-10-2008, 12:08 AM

Yeah srsly. =/

and uh, I don't know, I think Jonny's vocals are quite different than those of Anthony's. But maybe it's just cause I listen to both Dance Gavin Dance and Circa Survive a lot, so I can tell the difference between the two.
DGD has a new vocalist though. He's bomb.

EllipticalHorizons
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 AM

I hate the new DGD vocalist.
I hate that all the bands I like are getting new vocalists.
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WORLD? xD

Risque
bing chilling

Old 07-10-2008, 12:11 AM

Haha, to each their own. XD
The old vocalist was a druggie and stuff. I think DGD is better without him. :3

But seriously, messed up world we're in. .-.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-10-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllipticalHorizons View Post
@ Cherry - That song IS very emo. I can't stand it xD To each his (or her) own though.
Yeah, I only like... half-like it. It annoys me, but I like it sort of. XD
But I figure I'm allowed one or two embarrassing things. XD

EDIT: Oh yeah, and for the record, I can't stand Blue October's other single, "Into the Ocean." It sort of makes me want to facestab him.
It's just like, three minutes of "Into the ocean, end it all" over and over. BLARGH. CHERRY KILL.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 07-10-2008 at 12:46 AM..

EllipticalHorizons
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-10-2008, 01:46 AM

LOL. Where have they disappeard to anyways? WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM? Honestly. They released those two songs and dropped off the face of the earth. Or have they? *digs up your backyard*

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 07-10-2008, 09:59 AM

Probably Pop by Nysnc, but I love it and don't care who knows.

So besides that, probably Dragostea din Tei.

Miss Ember
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Miss Ember

Old 07-10-2008, 03:09 PM

>___< I think the most embarrasing would be....Maria Carey, but I love that "Fantasy" Song. After the Rush Hour movie I couldn't get it out of myhead.

^__^ I get awesome/suprised looks when guys who know of As Blood Runs Black find ASRB on there, along with other heavy 'growling' music. They think I'm some kind of FOB freak....which I'm not >__< Bleh.

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus songs....simple as that.

EllipticalHorizons
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-12-2008, 02:54 AM

Hey! I like Hannah/Miley songs. xD
Don't judge me.

MaskedDream
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to MaskedDream Send a message via MSN to MaskedDream

Old 07-12-2008, 05:15 AM

I don't have anything embarrassing on my Ipod. I am not ashamed of what I listen to. If its something someone else thinks is stupid then they can just go somewhere because I am the one listening to it no then. Like all of my Ricky Martian songs. I like him still so if you don't like him shove off because its my ipod I can have whatever I want on there.

SlaaBlaadje
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-12-2008, 10:27 AM

I love Hilary Duff, Pussycat Dolls or Hanna Montana =)
I think.. Alizee - Moi Lolita.. But it's not really embarrassing, but it's the most.. strange song on my MP3, haha. :)

I'm not French, so it's a bit strange to have a (french) song like this on your MP3 :D

chibilady18
*^_^*

Old 07-13-2008, 12:10 AM

I have a Disney folder on my Ipod with just about every song I can find from the Disney movies >.<

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 07-13-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ember View Post

^__^ I get awesome/suprised looks when guys who know of As Blood Runs Black find ASRB on there, along with other heavy 'growling' music. They think I'm some kind of FOB freak....which I'm not >__< Bleh.
I'm a FOB freak. >.>
I love FOB. And really really hope they come out with a new CD soon.

But yea, not only do I have Dragostea din tei on my iPod, better known as "the Numa Numa song" but I also have another song from O-zone and a song from one of the guys after the group broke up. xD

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 07-13-2008, 10:28 PM

Um...I think the most embarrassing thing on my iPod is probably the old Backstreet Boys music.

I'm not ashamed, but oh, do I ever get weird looks for it. XD;

What can I say? I have a very hard time letting go of my old music...:sweat:

k i w i
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-16-2008, 12:12 AM

Well, I have Zac Effron's (<--man, I don't even know how to spell it xD) Bet on It from High School Musical 2, and I'm pretty ashamed of that one. I'm so ashamed, I changed the artist to Z E. xDDDD
I'm also slightly ashamed of all my Nightmare Before Christmas Songs. -blush- .___.;

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-16-2008, 04:09 AM

I'd have to say early Britney Spears stuff. I really don't like her, though sometimes I just want to listen to something pop-ish, so that's why I have it on there.

I'm soooo trying to justify it. .___.

Stormy1
Not as on as much but still arou...
Send a message via AIM to Stormy1 Send a message via MSN to Stormy1 Send a message via Yahoo to Stormy1

Old 07-17-2008, 04:50 PM

i listen to a bunch of alternative/electronic/experimental/rock/emo/ska music so it surprised my friend to see Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers on my I-pod. Other then that I have Harry Potter Wizard Rock on my I-pod that my friend think is funny and strange XD

Ladye Charlotte
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-17-2008, 07:45 PM

I'm not very ashamed of it but I got Ramp! The Logical Song on my iPod.

Every time i listen to it my mother probably wants to kill me. She thinks it's the most annoying song on the planet earth. Hehehe...