Liunesta
The Lovely Liune

Old 12-22-2010, 10:44 PM

This thread is for all of those who will have a broken heart for Christmas. It can from anything. At 7:20 AM Japanese time, I found out my mother died. Skype was not working so through many messages on facebook and trying to contact my father and my stepfather, it was told to my husband by my father that he could tell me. My father wanted to tell me face to face.

I was going to see her in March, see her face, she was watching my cat for me, I talked to this past weekend. When I skype yesterday she was lying down with a mirgraine....today I find out she's gone...Now I will go home sooner, with a heavy heavy heart.

How am I typing this, maybe for therpy, maybe to reach out to others like me, who will have the blessing of being alive for this Christmas, but because of something, some event, or someone, may not have a smile on their face.

Merry Christmas fellow Menewshans, please don't take anything for granted. I may not be around much myself as I know I now have a trip back to the States to take very soon. Bless you all.

Last edited by Liunesta; 12-22-2010 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: removing words

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 10:50 PM

Oh no... ;___;

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I know we haven't talked in a long while. My heart goes out to you.

kandii_k
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to kandii_k

Old 12-22-2010, 10:57 PM

I am so sorry. A prayer goes out to you and your family.

Liunesta
The Lovely Liune

Old 12-22-2010, 11:00 PM

Thank you Chi very much. And thank you kandii. I am just happy she is not in pain anymore, I cried, I screamed, but I am not selfish and glad she is with my Lord and hers.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-22-2010, 11:00 PM

Clair will have a broken heart this christmas. :/ She lost a friend and is really struggling over the loss.

Chi
Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 11:03 PM

Had she been ill, Liunesta? :( Such a heartbreak. No one should be so sad around the holidays..

Liunesta
The Lovely Liune

Old 12-22-2010, 11:29 PM

Clair, I am too, I am happy my mom is no longer in pain but so sad I don't get to smell her sweet skin or taste her food, listen to her laugh or the funny way she coughs when she needs to clear her throat.

Chi, I know, I wish I wasn't, but I am going to go home and take care of her arrangements. I am just thankful she went in her sleep.

Chi
Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 11:37 PM

@Clair
:hug:

@Liunesta
You'll be in my thoughts. I definitely cannot say I know how it feels. I've not lost a mother. I've been having existential issues since giving birth, because my nephew died shortly after my daughter came in. The fragility of life hasn't left the forefront of my mind since, and it's made me count my blessings a little more closely.. A lot more closely, actually.

I wish I could say "things happen for a reason" but it rarely offers comfort. I know it's not helping my sister any.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-22-2010, 11:38 PM

Your nephew died, Chi!? D":

I want to cry right now, reading this. It's nice that I'm not the only one feeling down at Christmas. :/

Chi
Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 11:57 PM

Yeah, my half-sister's oldest. Just a couple weeks before turning 18. I think it hit me so hard because sometimes you can put your all into protecting your children and it's still not enough. Then a week after that my childhood friend died in a car accident, along with her 4-year-old daughter and husband. September wasn't a good month for me. My heart broke for everyone.

Loss reminds us to hold close what we currently have, and to keep some remembrance that nothing is permanent.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-23-2010, 12:35 AM

That's awful. :( I've felt like crying all evening.

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 12-23-2010, 07:40 PM

That's a lot of heartbreak, Chi. My condolescences (sp?) to you.

Naahara

Old 12-24-2010, 04:04 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's Heaven's gain at least, right?

My grandfather died on Christmas a few years back. It was a heart attack. It's always a tough day for us now. We take it as well as we can.

Liunesta
The Lovely Liune

Old 12-26-2010, 12:21 AM

Chi I am so sorry to hear that. This kind of loss is just so hard but I am finding comfort in my family and knowing my mother is no longer in pain. She was sick for 2 years and it was getting worse. The doctors couldn't find out what was wrong.

I know your little nephew and my mom are in a better place and far from the pain that this world can bring us.

Naahara, I am sorry for your loss and I know how it feels. Thank you for sharing. It was hard this morning for my stepfather, he opened his gifts though, some, not all. He did what he could.

I will be on a little bit more now, but soon, Tuesday I will have my mother's visitation, Wednesday is her funeral. God is giving me strength on this one.

Merry Christmas everyone. It may not be too merry for me but like you said Naa, we do what we can.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
Forever Questioning the Unknown

Old 01-01-2011, 11:36 AM

My Father passed away on the 22nd of December. I'm living with my Brother now..I know how hard it is to loose a parent.

Liunesta
The Lovely Liune

Old 01-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX View Post
My Father passed away on the 22nd of December. I'm living with my Brother now..I know how hard it is to loose a parent.
I am sorry for your loss Wistful, you are right, it is very hard. I find it hard to sometimes realize my mom is even gone. This will be a year of 1sts, but I know I will be strong for her memory and I know you will do the same for your dad.

I give myself time to grieve. When I am not surrounded by people or it's just me and my husband because I can hear my mom say, "Don't be alone while you are upset." She was my best friend, my Matron of Honor in my wedding.

I hate that anyone has to go through this on the holidays but I am glad my mommy is at peace and not in pain.