Chikuma
  • Challenge Chikuma in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:56 AM

Sky Pirates Show Your Love!

A fun place to come drink a pint with fellow buccaneers, grab some pirate's booty and show some love to our great captain Bartuc!

For those of you who don't know the famous Bartuc he is usually a mod, who goes out of his way to help the Menewsha community. He helps contribute to the site and is very giving to the members. We would like to keep up that spirit of giving.

Prize's may be changing due to awesome people donating!!! ^-^

Rules
1. Follow the Terms of Service and the Menewsha Rules.
2. No spamming
3. No fighting
4. No whining

Most Active User
This is for who ever gets the most posts in this thread. DO NOT GO ON A SPAMMING SPREE, you will be disqualified and the mods will be notified.

Prize: February 2010 CI Set (Dark Crystal & Obakemono) AND December 2009 CI Set (Tapio Defender & Blood Lotus)

Winner:
YamiSora!

Page Prizes
The winners for the page prizes will be randomly generated using RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service
(Prize page numbers may be subject to change depending on the speed of the thread. Prizes may also change depending on donations received. Please check this area for any changes that occur.) There may also be surprise page prizes done randomly with small prizes. These prizes will also be random and vary. The prizes will be announced when the winner of the surprise page prize is announced.

Surprise Page 28- One item from the event store 100g or less. Winner - Keyori
Page 66- Christmas 2009 Event Set. Winner - Sadistic Lemon
Surprise Page 80- Items from the event store equal to or less than 150g. Winner - Quixotic
Page 90 - Tapio Defender. Winner- YamiSora
Page 105 - Dark Crystal. Winner - Arikana
Surprise Page 118 - Items from the event store equal to or less than 150g. Winner - Arikana
Page 125 - Calesco's Blaze. Winner - sadrain
Page 145 - Peacock Scythe. Winner - Leerah
Page 160 - Bunny Hat. Winner - Arikana
Surprise Page 169 - Item/s from the event store equal to or less than 200g. Winner - Leerah
Page 180 - Obakemono. Winner - Liunesta
Page 210 - Staff of Healing. Winner - Liunest
Surprise Page 223 - Item/s from the event store equal to or less than 200g. Winner - icekat311
Page 240 - Bee Headphones. Winner - Arikana
Surprise Page 247 - Item/s from the event store equal to or less than 200g. Winner - Sadistic Lemon
Page 270 - Blood Lotus. Winner - Lilith W
Surprise Page 280 - Items from the event store equal to or less than 250g. Winner - GangsterGlam
Surprise Page 290 - Items from the event store equal to or less than 250g. Winner - YamiSora
Page 300 - Syne Battleaxe. Winner - *Hime*
Surprise Page 316 - Items from the event store equal to or less than 250g. Winner - Siri
Page 335 - Chilly the Polar Bear. Winner - tentenpuff
Surprise Page 350 - Items from the event store equal to or less than 250g. Winner - Sir.Spoon
Page 375 - Fox Hat. Winner - Leerah
Surprise Page 391 - Items from the event store equal to or less than 250g. Winner - xelao
Page 415 - Royal Cape. Winner - sadrain
Surprise Page 436 - Items from the event store equal to or less than 250g. Winner - Aaeza
Page 450 - Panda Headphones. Winner - Strawberry Octopus
Surprise Page 475 - Items from the event store equal to or less than 250g. Winner - xelao
Page 500 - Field of Shamrocks & 750g. Winner - sadrain
Page 550 - Waves of Naias - YamiSora
Surprise Page 573 - Items from the event store equal to or less than 250g. Winner - BellyButton
Page 600 Lovers Knot. Winner - Darkestofsouls

Pirate's Treasure Hunt - NEW!!!
A while back you and your maties plundered a good haul from a merchant ship on it's way to Menewsha. Sadly the Anti Pirate Menewsha Navy fleet came after you!!! Quickly you made it to land and buried your newly gotten booty. Now that time has passed you go back only to realize you have forgotten where you buried your treasure! The question is, will you be able to find it?!

How the game is played-
I will post a map that has been grid into squares. The top will have letters and the left side will have numbers giving each square it's own ID (for example - B5, J7 and so on). Everyone who is participating can pick a square. There will be four types of squares, 1- empty squares that hold nothing but land, 2- small treasure that your crew stole from you had hide themselves, 3 - the pirate's treasure chest, and 4- the Anti Pirate Menewsha Navy guards men!

Empty squares- just that, they hold nothing and you can go on to the next round.
Small treasure- they hold little prizes that you win and you can go onto the next round.
Pirate's treasure chest- holds the big main prize. Once this is found there will be no more rounds for that game.
Guards men- they hold the Anti Pirate Menewsha Navy guards men. Tesese squares mean you got captured by the Menewsha Navy and can not participate in further rounds for this game. :( Sad. However, you will be able to play the in the next game though.

There will be as many rounds as necessary till the main treasure is found and one game a day. Each participant will have one guess per round. The games will be held when I am here and there are a good amount of people in the forum. I will announce when the game will be going on a while before it starts to give people some time to come join.

Rules:
1. Same rules that are posted for the thread. No fighting or whining.
2. One guess per person per round.
3. No editing posts that contain your guess. You WILL be disqualified from that game.
4. If someone has posted above you and has guessed the same square you may choose another square.
5. Have fun!!!

Games:
February 13th - Winner of Pirate's Treasure Chest: Item in chest, Spirit of Atlantis - xelao. Winner/s of Small Treasure: Found 250g - Lilith W
February 14th - POSTPONED- I am quiet sick today, sorry folks. Two games will be done tomorrow.
February 15th - GAME ONE- Winner of Pirate's Treasure Chest: Item in chest, Raven Anklewings - Sadistic Lemon. Winner/s of Small Treasure: Found 250g twice - TheLiztress. Found 250g - Sadistic Lemon.
GAME TWO- Winner of Pirate's Treasure Chest: Item in chest, Chaos Armor - Sera. Winner/s of Small Treasure: Found 250g twice - *Hime*.
February 16th - Winner of Pirate's Treasure Chest: Item in chest, Yumeh Slippers - kandii_k. Winner/s of Small Treasure: Found 250g twice - Leerah
February 17th - Winner of Pirate's Treasure Chest: Item in chest, Order Armor - TheLiztress. Winner/s of Small Treasure: Found 250g - Lilith W. Found 250g - Quixotic.
February 18th - GAME ONE- Winner of Pirate's Treasure Chest: Item in chest, Spirit of the Phoenix - Saravi Boo.
GAME TWO- Winner/s of Small Treasure: Found 250g - YamiSora. Found 250g - kandii_k.

Pirate Valentine's Fashion Show!
Make your best valentine's day pirate to show your love! Be creative and have fun with it. You can put a little description in your entry if you would like but please keep it simple. Entry submission dead line is February 17th Mountain Standard Time 11:00pm. Winners will be announced when I wake up on the 18th :P I will be making the final decision on winners but BellyButton has graciously agreed to help me with judging. Thank you BellyButton!

RULES
1. You are allowed to use MAC to make this contest fair.
2. You must fill out the form to enter.
3. You must host the image. Photobucket, profile photobook and such will work.
4. Use your main account, please no mules.
5. You are only allowed to enter once.
6. No alterations to submitted entries allowed.
7. Post entries in the thread (For now please PM me the post # of your entry until the 'search this thread' option is fixed, thank you.)

Form for entry:

[center][b][size=3][color=red]I want to be a Pirate![/size][/b][/color][/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Avatar:[/b]
[B]Description (optional):[/B]
[b][COLOR="Red"]Liebe[/COLOR][/b]

Winners
1st Place Prize: LoversEnd
2nd Place Prize: Bonnie
3rd Place Prize: The Whitewolf Shaman
4th Place Prize: dragoness129
5th Place Prize: Rylynne
6th Place Prize: Liunesta

Prizes
1st Place Prize: February 2010 CI Set (Dark Crystal & Obakemono) & January 2009 CI Set (Sleepy Time & Imperial Lucky Cat)
2nd Place Prize: February 2010 CI Set (Dark Crystal & Obakemono) & Book of Daydreams
3rd Place Prize: February 2010 CI Set (Dark Crystal & Obakemono)
4th Place Prize: 500g
5th Place Prize: 250g
6th Place Prize: 125g

All other participants will receive 50g for entering. Thank you everyone! ^-^

Entries - posted in no specific order. If you do not see your entry here it is either because no PM was sent or I am asleep.
Early Bird Special
YamiSora
Bonnie
dragoness129
Sadistic Lemon
mysticartist81
Liunesta
Aganab
Lilith W
Rylynne
*Hime*
The Whitewolf Shaman
Quixotic
sadrain
LoversEnd
Arikana

Last edited by Chikuma; 02-19-2010 at 01:06 AM..

Chikuma

Old 02-11-2010, 03:57 AM

Want to help?

If you would like to donate any items or gold to this contest or thread please PM me. Please state if you would like your name posted or anonymous posted instead. All help to add more fun to this would be great and much appreciated! :) All donations and gifters will be listed here.

Awesome amazing people who have donated to this event thread.

Anonymous - Five February CI sets :squee:
jellysundae - 50,000 gold :shock:

A big huge thank you for everyone who donated to this event thread!!! You guys are amazing!

Last edited by Chikuma; 02-12-2010 at 08:51 PM..

d2hiriyuu
  • Challenge d2hiriyuu in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:11 AM

hi Sky pirates, I love you coming back for every event.

Bound Birdie
  • Challenge Bound Birdie in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:11 AM

*claims first post*
Aww MAN how did you bet me ? >.<
I'm always so slow

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 02-12-2010 at 10:07 PM..

AkashaHeartilly
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly
  • Challenge AkashaHeartilly in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:12 AM

I'm a pirate, I like showing pirate love.

So, I shall make a post here.

d2hiriyuu

Old 02-11-2010, 04:13 AM

um, well I jsut posted, don't know how bound birdie, I havne't been on much.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-11-2010, 04:14 AM

I see some one hit the commons shop already >.<

d2hiriyuu

Old 02-11-2010, 04:14 AM

who did?

Chikuma

Old 02-11-2010, 04:15 AM

Awesome peoples are here! *does a happy dance*

d2hiriyuu

Old 02-11-2010, 04:16 AM

yep, we are all here, how are you?

AkashaHeartilly
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 02-11-2010, 04:17 AM

Dance magic dance
jump magic jump

Chikuma

Old 02-11-2010, 04:18 AM

I'm doing good, but making a quick banner to spice things up XP

Bound Birdie

Of course chi >.< it's your magnetic personality

Alaska is already wearing a few of the new commons >.<
lol well I am making dinner so I can say that's my excuse for being slow>.<

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator
  • Challenge BellyButton in the Arcade

Hi Chiku! I missed you. =)

d2hiriyuu

Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 AM

ah, well I can't look at the new stuff for commons. Hi everyone.

Chikuma

Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 AM

*glomps BellyButton* I missed you too. How goes the modding?

Arikana
  • Challenge Arikana in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:20 AM

Feels odd to see the thread not started by Barty. D:

But at least there is one.. I guess. XP

*noms on Belly and her delicious purple name* <3

Bound Birdie

Old 02-11-2010, 04:20 AM

why not ? d2hiriyuu commons are the best part of an event

grrr dinner calls I'll have to be in and out for a min

Chikuma

Old 02-11-2010, 04:22 AM

Yeah I wish Barty was doing it too Ari but I wanted to do at least a little something to keep the spirit up. GO SKY PIRATES!!!

AkashaHeartilly

Old 02-11-2010, 04:23 AM

Yep I am!
Happy with the items so far. I may mix up my avy some more later.

Also, will check back later to post in, I must head out for the night.

d2hiriyuu

Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 AM

yeah at first I was like is that Barty in new name.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator
  • Challenge BellyButton in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:25 AM

@Chikuma: It's a lot of work. :drool:

I'm loving these new event commons!

edit: G'night Akasha!

d2hiriyuu

Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 AM

hm, the vaentine ones look cute.

Arikana
  • Challenge Arikana in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:28 AM

Well, he is the one to normally start up skypirate hangout threads or anything related to skypirates, Birdie, so it's naturally to find it odd. >w<;

Yeah, I wish he were here for this event, Chiku, but I guess he's still busy sorting out his real life. >w< I just hope he manages to do so soon. >w<
Though, perhaps after the "Skypirates show your love" in the title, add "to Captain Barty" or "to Captain Bartuc" since some people might not call Bartuc, Barty? :lol:

XD Nope. He's currently still the "King of Thieves", d2hiriyuu. XP Btw, is there anything shorter I can call you by? o.o; Your username is rather difficult to remember. >.<;;

d2hiriyuu

Old 02-11-2010, 04:29 AM

either d2, or hiriyuu, or yuu, or dragon which is what it translates to.