Tyhoic
Wandering Faith

Old 01-14-2011, 09:59 PM

Oh no, I ment to tag a person's user name so it comes up with the "Pssshhh someone is talking about you" notification?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-14-2011, 10:04 PM

Ah! You mean pinging. :3

To ping a person the code is @ [username of the person] ; Without the spaces

So to ping me would read as @ Seito ;

If you do it right it should turn blue and be italic like this Seito:

Things to note is that the username has to be correct (so like my S has to be capitalized). :3

Azriellia
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-16-2011, 05:54 AM

Stick figures are very amusing.

kittykondos
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 01-21-2011, 09:24 PM

Okay yes this thread is very helpful and I appreciate it. But realize in paragraph 2 about the gold you recieve, it spelled realise. I'm sorry for being so picky, but I'm very observant and it bothers me greatly. If you can't edit it, it doesn't bother me too much, But i'm just letting you know.
But the actual thread is quite helpful. I honestly didn't know the entire purpose of the report button. I always acknowledged it, but it never really crossed my mind that it is essential to menewsha. But I have just one question about the report button. Can you use the report button if the thread offends you by using explicit language. I have always wondered this because I have come across bad language a lot on menewsha, and I don't feelthat negative language should be used on menewsha. and I also don't use it and don't really want to see it. So yea can you use that little report button if you feel that that thread or post is offensive?

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 PM

"Realize" is also a proper spelling of the word. :yes:

Menewsha is PG-13, which means that we allow cursing and swearing as long as it is not directed at someone. So while dropping the f-bomb is acceptable within a normal conversation, telling another user to f-off is not.

kittenquills
Minou
Send a message via AIM to kittenquills

Old 01-22-2011, 09:27 PM

Thanks for the information! Being new here I knew to report myself if I did something wrong, but I didn't know about the rest... thanks!

chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-23-2011, 03:04 AM

what is menewsha's definition of spam? o3o i've been called a spammer by 2 or 3 people and i am not spamming in my opinion, i'm fulfilling all the rules and regulations of the thread so :sweat:

ah how i love spell check, don't feel bad kittykondos: ...i have mozilla so it corrects me when i spell it 'realise' and not 'realize'; its weird which words have a z in them isn't it?

Last edited by chronic_heartbreak14; 01-27-2011 at 05:33 AM..

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-23-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic_heartbreak14 View Post
what is menewsha's definition of spam? o3o i've been called a spammer by 2 or 3 people and i am not spamming in my opinion, i'm fulfilling all the rules and regulations of the thread so :sweat:

ah how i love spell check, don't feel bad @kittykondos ...i have mozilla so it corrects me when i spell it 'realise' and not 'realize'; its weird which words have a z in them isn't it?
You can read that here. Scroll down a bit.

I highly doubt any user is allowed to have their own definition of spamming for their own, personal thread. Mene rules apply to every thread.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-23-2011, 05:18 PM

Absolutely, what a user might call spam is immaterial because it's what we class as spam that matters. A few select individuals do try to take the rules into their own hands, and often report things that are not spam at all. But if you read through the posting rules that PWEEP has linked you to you should gain a better understanding of what is and isn't allowed.

A lot of the distinction between what is spam and what isn't boils down to relevance. A post taken out of context can be seen as spam, and this is where some of our serial reporters trip up, repeatedly. Because they're not taking into account the fact that the post, while being a little spammy maybe, is part of an on-going conversation.

It's perfectly fine for people to make single word responses when they are responding to something, it's not when they just drop a "Hi" or "lol" into a conversation that they're not part of. Though the "Hi" thing is a bit of a grey area, because a lot of people never say any more than that when they first post in a thread. The key point in those cases is whether they post any more, or whether they're just randomly wandering around posting "Hi" and nothing else in numerous threads.

Same goes for if a person posts something like, "OMG! asdnadnas;.d!!!!!" . If that's a reaction to something going on in the thread, or something they've just done and talk about in further posts then it's just fine, but taken out of context these kind of posts are reported as spam by some. But they're not spam. They only are if they are totally random and not followed up, and sometimes they're not followed up because the other people in the thread are not interested in asking what the problem is...but again, if the person is actively posting in the thread, and hasn't just posted once and randomly, then it is not an issue.

So, rules of thumb here:
  • Do not take a post out of context.
  • Consider it as part of the conversation before deciding if it is spam.
  • Do not report people for "spam" simply because their literacy is not up to your standards (yes, we sadly have one or two people who do this).

Oh! and kittykondos: I'm British, I don't spell words with Zs :)

The Teal
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-23-2011, 09:30 PM

That was the cutest guide I have ever seen. I will keep this in mind. Thanks! ^_^

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-24-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Oh! and kittykondos: I'm British, I don't spell words with Zs :)
It's true. We were all confused by what she meant about 'sebra print' until we changed the 's' to a 'z'. :yes:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-24-2011, 01:47 AM

CK :P

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 AM

:angel: Wut?

chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-24-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll P W E E P ll View Post
You can read that here. Scroll down a bit.

I highly doubt any user is allowed to have their own definition of spamming for their own, personal thread. Mene rules apply to every thread.
thank you pweep! <3

princessofdarkness101
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-25-2011, 02:57 AM

Cute animations :) and thanks for the tip.

Breybrey130
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-25-2011, 08:19 PM

lolz prettiful button

KimikoKatsu
Domain of the wild beast within
Send a message via MSN to KimikoKatsu Send a message via Yahoo to KimikoKatsu

Old 01-27-2011, 05:31 AM

thank you so much thats very interesting I will check into it.

Elphangor Davil
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-31-2011, 06:46 AM

This is actually quite useful! At least people won't have to worry as much now~
I'm just hoping that people don't try to abuse the reward part of this though.

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-02-2011, 03:41 AM

well thats nice to know at least I wont get reported and banned or something like that :D

Fatalony
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-04-2011, 03:20 AM

I never ever thought to report myself. :O

I've always been a big supporter of making sure things are right though, so I've always warned bumpers, spammers, and trollers on the forum sites I visit. :D

artbabe33445
*^_^*

Old 02-09-2011, 11:51 PM

Danke for the information!! :)

Ritsuka`
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2011, 08:52 AM

I love this! Thank you. <3

Ice Queen

Old 02-15-2011, 05:55 AM

I'm sorry i didn't know someone else's already wrote something like that...but i didn't mean to do this........I'll go and remove it and then write a new one differently

Luna Levire Feratu

Old 02-18-2011, 05:54 AM

Oh! Thank you very much for this, like others have said, I though that the little guy was for bad things- which made me wonder why it was telling me i could report myself... 0.0 ... Sorry Report.... And The fact that we get money is great and I sincerely hope no one abuses this power. For the sake of the mods and the sake of their awn butts... lol

And i loved the little animations as well! They were cute.

Ah, maybe now I can have a better and less confusing thread. Though I will try my best to not keep posting and have you think it was on purpose...

OH! And I must comment on your little picture quote you have currently, the one that says "Don't worry what people think, they don't do it veery often."

You see, i have an odd hobby of collecting funny quotes, and i'd say this is on of the top 50s from a scale of 1 to 10... ^_^

Last edited by Luna Levire Feratu; 02-18-2011 at 06:13 AM..

Ivydoodle
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 PM

Oh this is handy *nods*

At first i thought i got sent here because i had don't something wrong DX even though ive pretty much read all the rules O.O

But im guessing its automatic for newbies? >.< I hope so anyway DX