URL: Right out of the Oven
After getting vanilla blancmange between the two layers
Yummeh raspberry marmelade <3
Here it got packed into marzipan
And that's what it looked like after decorating
Some details
Another detail
And yet another detail
Comments: It's a sponge cake with yummeh vanilla blancmange filling ^.^ i had to put yam on it to get the marzipan stuck on it xD
the golden/yellow crown on top is marzipan too, colored with food coloring.
as you can see in one of the detailpics, the crownie is sparkling <3
I took the crown cause yumeh is wearing one, and it's the very first Collectible Item on Mene ^^ and i have one by myself ö_ö and i love et
While i made the cake and it's decoration i was cleaning some of the stuff i used and the dish liquid was red, alike the yam
so there was a drop of dish liquid near the yam and i thought "oh, yummeh, yam!!" and ate et o.o
it was totally "WOAH!! i'm clean now" xDDD

------------------
another entry ^^

Please Partake of My Creation!
Username: raszala
Category: Birthday Confections
Creation Name: Yumeh Crown Moffin <3
URL: Moooooffin ^.^
Comments: i made some muffins for selling on the farmer's market tomorrow and i decided to participate with one more decorated moffin
the crown is made of marzipan. there are some cherrys in the muffins and all in one it's a normal muffin recipe
i made it while i baked the crownie cake, so i ate the dish liquid instead of the yam o.o

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-20-2008, 03:49 PM

I am so glad that there are SO MANY cakes, muffins and desserts to look at~ *thrilllls*

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-20-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiairen Hoshino
I must say that Cami's entry was rather... amusing. xD

Cami, Cole says you're officially his favorite of my friends now. XD
Yay! I win! XD

Raszala: I like the crowns. /pokes them/

Scribble Me Orange
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-20-2008, 04:42 PM

http://i27.tinypic.com/35n3h4w.jpg

HEY CK! Would you mind adding that pic to my submission? It was just a little extra thing. The cake went bad (well it got hard) so I eated all the frostings off of the top of it and made the rest into a crown. ;D <333

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-20-2008, 04:51 PM

Joy! \:D/ More submission-y awesomeness! \:D/

@raszala: Awesome work! You're very industrious. :o And the cake sounds very special to me. XD Will that be going to the farmer's market too? Or will your family and/or friends be partaking of that particular creation? XD

And the moffin is very, very cute. XD

I hope you do well at the farmer's market! :D

@xuvrette: Me too. @__@ Me too. XD

@Scribble Me Orange: XD Not a problem! I added that in for you. :3

Moaaaaaaaaar entries! I want to see moaaaaaaaar!! (I can't eat them, so at least let me look at them. ;___; )

Scribble Me Orange
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM

I love looking at everyone's entries. D: <3 They're so awesome. xD

That's an awesome cake raszala. o_O

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-20-2008, 06:05 PM

@Scribble Me Orange: Yeah. XD This is a lot of fun for me. XD About as much fun as running a, "Draw this. :D" sort of contest. XD

Lyca
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyca

Old 01-20-2008, 06:16 PM

I can't stop eating cake. hehe. Had it for breakfast. Nobody wants to kill Yumeh though so we're all cutting around his face. hehe...It's soo good though. This is the best contest ever!
My boss wants me to make a cake for our staff meeting now. O.O

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-20-2008, 06:30 PM

LOL, Lyca - no one wanting to 'kill' Yumeh. XD That's so cute. XD

I'm really glad you enjoy the contest. :33

And yay! Tell him to buy the ingredients. ;3 Muahahaa.

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 01-20-2008, 06:40 PM

I think I might enter. I've always wanted to be a baker, but it'd be a hard thing to do.. none the less.. which should I enter though..cookies or cake.. I could do both and let my siblings be all...happy....

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-20-2008, 06:59 PM

Argh. If I had time, i'd go and do some sugar pulling to make a small sculpture. Alas, I don't have the time to do it. [/annoyed with my schedule] D<

nescia
(^(エ)^)

Old 01-20-2008, 08:02 PM

Wow!
All of these entries look fantastic.

Cami is such a pip.
xD

raszala
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-20-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
Joy! \:D/ More submission-y awesomeness! \:D/

@raszala: Awesome work! You're very industrious. :o And the cake sounds very special to me. XD Will that be going to the farmer's market too? Or will your family and/or friends be partaking of that particular creation? XD

And the moffin is very, very cute. XD

I hope you do well at the farmer's market! :D

thank you very much <33
this kind of cake is really common here in germany ^^
me and my family ate it this afternoon ^^ it was my brother-in-law's birthday today and i said i baked it ONLY for him xDD
i hope it's not that cold on the farmer's market this time ^^ tha last time it was that cold, i needed 2 pair of gloves o.O
the moffin is ma favorite ö.ö i ate it right after i made the picture xD

~scribble me orange
thank you ^^ i like yours too

Karla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM

I made a video. ; o;
Well, it's a couple really short videos. XD
Nothing as fantastic as Cami's, but I tried. XP;

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-20-2008, 10:26 PM

Username: ladyumbra
Category: cakes
Creation Name:Mene's misspelled birtday cake
URL:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ake/170454.jpg
overall shot
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ake/170019.jpg
again with lighting

dedications to CM's who made the site special for me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ake/170250.jpg
( gave me my first clothes)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ake/170229.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ake/170157.jpg
always makes things interesting

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ake/165735.jpg
Sizzla is a great friend ( much apologies for the misspelled name

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ake/165904.jpg
love for josh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ake/170046.jpg
Sorry for the misspelled birthday

detail of crown and yumeh
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ake/170104.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ake/170125.jpg

Comments: Homemade vanilla cake , cream cheese icing and variety of coloured icing, gel and sugar crystals were used to make this cake. I had several misspelling issues but it just made the experience more fun.

Karla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-20-2008, 11:59 PM

Cute cake Lady. <3
:]

My videos are taking ages to upload. D: <3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-21-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuyumi_saito
I think I might enter. I've always wanted to be a baker, but it'd be a hard thing to do.. none the less.. which should I enter though..cookies or cake.. I could do both and let my siblings be all...happy....
We absolutely need more entries for cookies. :3 But I'd love more entries for cake as well. X3 It'd be a good thing to treat your family. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreka
Argh. If I had time, i'd go and do some sugar pulling to make a small sculpture. Alas, I don't have the time to do it. [/annoyed with my schedule] D<
:o....... Noee! ::sad at your schedule:: That would be an amazingly fun thing to see done! Maybe you'll have the time the next Event I run the cooking contest in! :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by nescia
Wow!
All of these entries look fantastic.
XD I'm so happy with the entries! \o/ You would think I had a hand in making them. LOL. I half feel like I'm showing off photos of grandchildren! (And I don't have grandchildren! I don't even have children!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raszala
thank you very much <33
this kind of cake is really common here in germany ^^
me and my family ate it this afternoon ^^ it was my brother-in-law's birthday today and i said i baked it ONLY for him xDD
i hope it's not that cold on the farmer's market this time ^^ tha last time it was that cold, i needed 2 pair of gloves o.O
the moffin is ma favorite ö.ö i ate it right after i made the picture xD
It's been... Gosh... 17 years since I lived in Germany. ;_; I remember brochen, there is nothing quite like a German pretzel... I remember Kinder-eggs and banana milk and piles and piles of fudge and jelly donuts... But not so much cakes. :o

XD And it's clever of you to use the cake as a gift. ;3

I hope it's not so cold for you tomorrow! Don't forget to wear a hat or a scarf over your head to keep your body heat in! :o *fret and fuss over you*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla
I made a video. ; o;
Well, it's a couple really short videos. XD
Nothing as fantastic as Cami's, but I tried. XP;
I'm giddy with anticipation, even if you don't think it's quite as epic. XDD

@ladyumbra: Yieee!!! Another entry! Yay! It's really cute! And mis-spellings give character. ;3 Maybe Yumeh made it. ;3 *dances with teh happeh*

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-21-2008, 01:00 AM

@ladyumbra: That just made my day!
<3

Madoneko
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-21-2008, 01:38 AM

Username: Madoneko
Category: Cake~
Creation Name: A Very Yumeh Menewshaversary!
URL: THE CAKE! TA DA!! <3
A lighted top view~ Kitchen counter view~
And to see the other pictures, check my album! x]
Comments: My friend Lizz very kindly let me borrow her kitchen, and her camera! xD And she helped me out, couldn't have been done without her. <33 [gratis]
It's a strawberry cake with white frosting, and with added jello for flavouring. ^^ All of the colours are the same white frosting, except with added colour dye. Black was fun to make, I added a lot of blue...and red...and green...and added more. And more. And it wouldn't turn darker!
And then I added some more, and more, then Lizz said we should just settle for a very very very dark grey. x]
The cake took around 8 hours total to get done, I had to keep calling my dad to pick me up later. XD The Menewsha lettering alone took around an hour, colours included!
But it was tons of fun to make; the cake was very yummy too! I wish I could download it on here so you all could taste it. ;]
Anyway, I hope you enjoy me entry, and a Happy 1st Menewshaversary to you all! ^__^

vadeil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-21-2008, 02:00 AM

:shock: im going to enter a apple thingy if i can <.< >.>

i always have caramel and apples in the house.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-21-2008, 02:34 AM

@Knerd: I thought that was a cute touch too. XD

@Madoneko: Yay! That is extremely cute! I'm glad your friend let you borrow their kitchen. XD I've mixed icing before. For a dark/rich color it takes a shocking amount of dye sometimes! At least the kind we use at our store. :o (We make "ice cream" cakes. Though I put "ice cream" in quotes because it's actually frozen yogurt.)

And so many photos! \o/

@vadeil: Mmm... Apple-thingie... Mmm. <3 That'd be awesome! I hope you do enter. :3

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 01-21-2008, 02:47 AM

I would totally enter this if my parents wouldn't shoot me for it : ( I love baking!

foggyday
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-21-2008, 02:53 AM

i cant belive how many ppl actually baked for this
they all look too delicious..Dx

[are they are gone now.TAT..aka..eaten]

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-21-2008, 03:04 AM

@Seiki: \o/ Yay! You came to talk with me here. XD \o/

Aw, why would they shoot you for it? XD (Why do so many guys post about how they would, but they'd get in trouble for some reason? @__@; It makes me wonder if there's an anti-male baking conspiracy or something. D: This is the second time, directly and at least one other confirmed guy - maybe more I don't recall directly - saying something about not having time or not being able to, but being interested! Noeee!)

What do you generally bake? XD

@foggyday: XD Yeah! I'm pleased! I admit I had higher hopes, but I think I got more bites (unintentional pun) after I posted the extension than with the original due date. XD I'm really hoping I can get more (MOAR) people to bake before the Event forum closes. 8D

I don't know if all the entries have been eaten yet. :c But if I had access to them, they'd have a pretty good dent in them by now. > : D

(ohm nom nom!)

Karla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 03:07 AM

Username: Karla
Category: Birthday Cake :]
Creation Name: Fantastically Amazingg Chocolate Yumeh? XD;~
URL: I made videos, and they're really short, but there are like 10 of them. XDDD
[1] // Hello! This is what I'm making. XD;~ Where'd the eggs go!? D:
[2] // Mixing in the dry ingredients. Mhm. Those eggs again >_>
[3] // Flour mixture timee. XD
[4] // Time to put it in the ovennn. <3
[5] // Yay! It's done. XDD && time for frostingg? XD;~
[6] // Trying to cut Yumeh? XDDD
[7] // Frosting? o.O; Not working? D:
[8] // Tada! Finished. <3
[9] // Extraaa. <3 Menewshaaa I love youuu. <3 && Vaughn, I love you too babe. ;D <33

Comments: Okay. XD So mhm. This one was a lot harder than my little cupcakes, and a lot messier. XD;~ I kept losing the eggs. D: && then I couldn't break the eggs because I had the camera. X.x Actually, I had a lot of difficulties with the camera if you didn't figure that one out. XDD I suck. So Yumeh sorta looks ugly in the end, but I tried. XDDD I had to make him secretly because it would be weird to be all "Oh yeah, I'm making a Yumeh Cat for some website you've never heard of, mom" XDD So yeahh. Sorry there are so many little videos. D: My camera fails. </3 But yeah, hope you enjoyed those crappy little videos. XD;;~
<33