Wisty
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Wisty

Old 09-17-2007, 06:33 AM

The band Quietdrive did a remix/retake of the old song "Time After Time".

;.; I admit it. I'm becoming more and more fond of the song.
It's not like I'm a hardcore fan of the original version. It's just that this band sounds so contemporary and similar with all the other punk bands out there. But I really like this retake on the old song. More beats and all, you know? XD;; I like faster songs once in a while.

So:

Do you like other remixes out there of older songs? Any preferences between them? Any thoughts at all about the practice of doing so? Recommendations?

Jayms
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 PM

I hate it when people do remixes of my fave songs. Theres a new britney one thats shite, a remix of a daft punk song which makes my skin crawl and a rap/remix of diamonds are forever that makes me want to comit homaside..... and thats just the stuff ive heard recently.... and i don't even like daft punk/diamonds are forever THAT much....

i'm an angry person

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 09-17-2007, 07:24 PM

Oh! I just found that! I actually really like it.

*was a fan of NSYNC a long time ago* I liked their remake of Christopher Cross's "Sailing".

Honestly, I often like remakes more than the originals. (Not always, though.)

Dearest
Master of Cupcakes

Old 09-17-2007, 07:46 PM

I usually hate it when they do that... they mess up really good songs often....

Like the remix of Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall Pt. II .... You don't mess with Pink Floyd, it's as simple as that...

I do like some remixes tho, I just can't think of any right now..

Perhaps (is slightly embarrassed...) the techno version of Jessica Simpson's "I'm Gonna Love You Forever", but that's only because it sounds like it was meant to be like that ^^

Masquerade
*^_^*

Old 09-18-2007, 04:48 AM

I love remixes, but I gotta admit that I'm tired of all the "Time After Time" remixes and covers out there. I've got three versions, including the original, and I'm starting to get sick of them all.

My current favorite remix/cover is "Baroque Hoedown" by They Might Be Giants. It's a reworking of Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade. I like the original better, but the remix is all kinds of fun.

I also like Allister's version of the Fraggle Rock theme. Plus I heard it being played in Hot Topic once, so that was fantastic.

Feralin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Feralin

Old 09-18-2007, 08:15 PM

My favourite 80's song, Automatic by The Pointer Sisters got covered on this dance album.

It's ok but nothing compared to the original. ;o

Good remixes of songs are fun.

Like good dance remixes.

Like that dance version of Stop Me by Mark Ronson.

Oh my, it's so goood.

lol, Stop Me is a Smiths cover actually.

I haven't heard the original, but I know I don't like The Smiths that much so I would probably prefer Mark Ronson's version.

It's lush. ;o

Mark Ronson does really good covers.

Bubblegum
*^_^*

Old 09-19-2007, 02:25 AM

I've actually not listened to Quietdrive's cover of Time After Time, but I saw them play it live. They did it really well, live at least.