Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-05-2018, 01:12 AM

My name is Maria-Minamino! I've been a member of Menewsha since 2007 and before that, I came from gaiaonline. I was a pixelist for Mene for a few years! I still pixel from time to time but focusing on my job as a music teacher, getting married, and buying a house has taken over my life :)

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 01-07-2018 at 10:32 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-05-2018, 01:14 AM

Interested in learning out to pixel? Check out my place of pixel tips!

Maria's Helpful Place of Pixels

Favorite Avatars of 2018

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 03-17-2018 at 07:53 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-06-2018, 01:38 AM

January 4, 2018

It's FREAKING COLD! SHEESH! Florida had SNOW yesterday and today. You heard me, SNOW. SNOW SNOW SNOW. Floridians don't know how to function when it gets this cold. I've literally been in pjs, socks, and a sweat shirt ALL DAY. LOL

January 5, 2018 - Prompt: dream home

Hubby and I bought a home May 2017. It has so many elements of our dream home - big open concept kitchen and living room area with a big island - it's all literally one big room. Stone on the front of the house (it's only part of the way up - not the entire front but it is still stone!!) Big back yard. We feel very lucky!

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 04-11-2018 at 12:50 AM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-07-2018, 02:57 PM

January 7, 20178

Prompt: "A is for...."

Anastasia, the Musical. Been listening to the music from Anastasia, the musical. It's based on the movie but they took out all the "supernatural" stuff - the revived from the dead Rasputin and his bat sidekick, Bartok. It's based more in reality and on the politics of the time. The music was done by the same team that did the music for the movie - but they added a ton of pieces....it's beautiful!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-08-2018, 01:21 AM

January 7, 2018

Part 2

They just launched a rocket with some top secret stuff on it for the U.S. Government. Night launches are always my favorite to watch! When this one left the atmosphere, it looked like a firework went off way high in the sky! The sonic boom came a few minutes later! It always shakes the windows LOL

Wonder what is on that top secret rocket...they are calling it mission "Zuma."

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/te...er/1011555001/

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-15-2018, 05:14 PM

January 15, 2018

"Fur is.....

All over my house. Seriously. Having two cats is wonderful. But it can also be a pain in the butt! So much cat hair...EVERYWHERE!!!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-28-2018, 05:42 PM

January 27, 2018,

My Eagles are flying tk the superb owl next weekend! They counted us out...they have counted us out since Carson Wentz got injured in the 13th game of the season. But we keep proving them wrong! We are headed to the super bowl and I certainly hope that we win!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-11-2018, 12:45 AM

I'm a little behind on updating OTL

February 4, 2018:

MY EAGLES WON THE SUPERBOWL! I REPEAT! MY EAGLES WON THE SUPERBOWL!

FLY EAGLES FLY!

My dad seriously cried. So did my mom. So did I! We've been waiting our entire lives for this!

I know it's seems silly to some...to be caught up in a sports team. But you have to think of it like this...my dad's mom died when he was kid. His father died when he was a teenager. The only constant in his life were the Eagles. They got him through some hard times. And he instilled that passion into us! It's not just a love...it's a lifestyle :) And we won! We are so excited!

I'm so excited for this team. I can honestly say that this team is one of the most caring, passionate, supportive team I've ever seen. They genuinely love each other and think of each other as family! I love rooting for them!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-11-2018, 12:52 AM

April 10, 2018

We just got back from Spring Break a couple days ago. This has been such an exhausting school year! OTL

I will say - I am excited because I won Admin's Pick for the first time in, literally, ages!

I won for this avatar:

I really love it! So I'm excited it was recognized :D

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-11-2018, 11:17 PM

April 11, 2018,

So I've been teaching music for 6 years now. (Time sure does fly!). I taught part time for my first year before landing a full time job. I was at that school for 3 years and LOVED the school, kids, and parents, and teachers. I wanted to stay there for my entire career. Until my Principal retired early and we got stuck with a Mega-Bitch. She came in and her first words to me were, "I'm going to be honest with you...I hate music. I always have and I always will." You can tell what our relationship was like. NOTHING I could do was right. As much as I hated to go, I left to a new school. This is my second year at this school. It has almost 1000 kids and doesn't look like it's going to get smaller any time soon.

Anyway - the Principal at this school that I've been at for 2 years now was hired to become the Principal at a new STEAM school they are opening in the district. I applied and just got the call that I am going to be hired as the music teacher there when it opens next year! I am BEYOND excited to follow this amazing Principal to this STEAM school! IT is going to be an amazing experience!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-13-2018, 02:02 AM

April 12, 2018 -'fluffy sheep" theme:

So I know this bad but...when hubby and I were in Ireland for our honeymoon 2 years ago, we wanted to get a nice gift for both sets of our parents....my husband suggested a sheep skin since they had them everywhere in Ireland. I was dead against it. I didn't want to buy a deaf sheep for our parents. So he asked the sales lady if it was REALLY a dead sheep and she straight up told us, "Oh no! We just give them a hair cut."

My mom told me she lied to me...how else would they get a sheep skin? OTL *gullible*

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-14-2018, 06:37 PM

April 14, 2018:

Today's Theme: The Whalecow is......UGLY. LOL Sorry *unpopular opinion*

Personal:

So there is a lot of drama surrounding the hire of me a couple other people at the new STEAM school opening in August. The Principal of the school is the Principal I've worked with for the past 2 years. She was hired for the job in January and she has been working at the new site getting things put together and we have a new Principal at my current school. Anyway, they opened the job for the STEAM school to the surrounding 5 area elementary schools only for first pick of transfer. (They will open it up to everybody at the end of May). From those 5 area schools, 28 people managed to get an application in during the 3 days the job listing was posted. So 28 people were interviewed (those that missed the deadline to apply can still apply when the job reopens for everyone). Of those 28 people who were interviewed, 18 of them came from my current school (the one where the STEAM school Principal came from!). Of those 18 people, only 4 were hired. About 4 were put on a "maybe list" and will know if they get hired during a second round of applications/interviews, and everyone else got a "no."

So...somehow it got out who the 4 hired people were (me and 3 others) and people have been freaking out. For the most part, they've left me alone. I'm a music teacher...I'm not a threat nor competition to the a classroom teacher's job. But the other 3 have been getting pretty bad responses from many people. Other teachers have called them up in the middle of class demanding to know what they said in their interview that made them get hired. These people have been talking shit about the 3 hired teachers - how the 3 hired teachers are "bad" teachers and they don't deserve it. People are saying that the 3 hired teachers are bragging around the school (which isn't true because the 4 of us tried to keep it under wraps so THIS wouldn't happen).

It's gotten to the point where the 4 of us were called to the Assistant Principal's office to hear what the other teachers have been doing to us and to make sure that WE are okay.

Like I said, I'm lucky. For the most part, I've been left alone. But I feel bad for my 3 colleagues who have to put up with this selfish behavior. They have all admitted that they want to be happy that they got hired but that they can't because they feel bad after what their colleagues have said to them.

Hopefully this all blows over soon. (You would think that the "wait-listed/maybe" teachers would figure out that their selfish behavior is going to get back to the STEAM Principal which will most definitely put them on the NO list. But...oh well.

I know I am personally excited to go and teach at this new school with amazing technology! I am so excited to start the music program at a new school!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-15-2018, 12:19 PM

April 15, 2018:

We have only 29 school days left for this year! That's so crazy! My goal for the rest of the year is to bring at least 1 personal item home every day. I have SO much stuff as a teacher - things I've purchased and things that have been donated to me over the years. It's going to take a while to get it all out of my current room and back here at home. I won't be able to put it in my new school until probably end of July because they are still finishing up the construction. So we'll just have a mountain of elementary music teacher things in the front room until then. XD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-27-2018, 11:27 PM

April 27, 2018

Book to Curl Up to: I read...a LOT. I own a lot of books. It's my favorite hobby. It's hard to choose but I love Tolkien, Tamora Pierce, Sarah J. Maas, Brian Jacques, Rick Riordan, George R.R. Martin, Terry Brooks, and so many more authors!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-29-2018, 08:26 PM

April 29, 2018 -

Today's Theme: "In the kitchen...."

In the kitchen I love to bake but I don't do it often. My husband can eat the entire batch of cookies in 2 days if I'm not careful - so I try not to give him the temptation.

I also love to make Shepherd's Pie in the kitchen - it's delicious!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-29-2018, 09:15 PM

Lil tip for ya: individual Ziploc freezer bag them and freeze them a portion at a time
Hummy's coming for shepherd pie dinner =3

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-01-2018, 12:56 AM

My husband would literally take them out of the freezer and eat them LOL! He just LOVES the cookies! XDD

Shepherd's Pie is so delicious!

April 30, 2018:

Today's Theme: April Showers

April Showers bring......"IT'S GONNA BE MAY!!!!" :D

Up until last week, we were getting a LOT of April Showers. I'm okay with that. I'd rather have too much rain. If we don't get enough rain we get fires. We had a brush fire this week - also...no rain this week. Seriously - give me more rain!!! We need more rain!

I'm growing some plants on our patio - an orange tree, banana tree, tomato plant, and basil. The basil is growing like crazy and our tomato tree has 3 small tomatoes on it!!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-05-2018, 10:35 AM

May 5, 2018,

This was a rough week for me and my family. My brother Paul would have been 29 on May 3rd. He passed away last year. He was only four weeks older than me. He was born on May 3 and I was born May 31. (We are both adopted from different families in case you were wondering how that happened). So we grew up very similarly to twins. This will be the first year I'm older than him. It's just weird.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-06-2018, 05:02 PM

May 6, 2018:

Today's Theme: Let's have cake...

Cheesecake? Is it cheesecake? Because I will eat it ALL!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-21-2018, 12:19 AM

May 20, 2018,

We have 3 more days of school left. Then we have one day of post-planning and finally summer break. It's been such a long year. Especially in the past couple months, knowing I would be in my dream job beginning in August! But I've made it through the year!!

Hubby and I are going to Iceland on May 28th. I am both excited and nervous as hell. I hate flying. I really do. I get panic attacks. I'm just hoping to take something to knock me the hell out for the majority of the trip.

June is going to be a crazy busy month. After we get back from Iceland, I'm going to a one day conference the next day. Then taking anniversary photos with hubby. Then working for 3 days on a committee for the district. Then taking a 2 week certification course. Then it will be July. XDDD So much for relaxing!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-26-2018, 12:32 AM

May 25, 2018,

So...I feel like a traitor. I went back on gaia. Haven't been on in ages. And I even donated to get some shiny items. OTL. I miss mene but it's just so dead now :(

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-27-2018, 11:57 AM

May 27, 2018,

My husband and I are leaving to go to Iceland tomorrow. I'm excited and extremely nervous. I hate hate hate hate hate airplanes. I hate them.

I just need to survive the plane flights!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-10-2018, 12:19 PM

June 10, 2018,

We got back from Iceland on the 8th. Iceland was an amazing country but I am glad to be home! I missed my kitty cats! Of course, yesterday, my first day back home, I went to a leadership workshop - no resting for me! LOL

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-24-2018, 01:55 PM

June 24, 2018,

I just finished week one of a Level 2 certification in Orff. I did my Level 1 about 5 years ago. They pretty much offer level 1 every year...but Level 2 and 3 aren't offered as often because most people don't go past Level 1. Therefore, less and less people sign up for Level 2 and then Level 3...because of that, it takes more time to get enough people to fill up the course.

Since I took Orff Level 1 5 years ago...last year was the first time they offered Orff Level 2 in Florida. I signed up for last year's Level 2 and then was offered 3 weeks of extra-paid work for the school board at the same time as Level 2. I decided to take the money and sign up for Level 2 in South Carolina last summer instead...the money I was making MORE than covered the cost of the course, going up to South Carolina, and staying there for 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, about 2 weeks before the Level 2 in South Carolina was offered...they cancelled it due to lack of sign-ups.

I was SOL...couldn't take it last summer.

I was ECSTATIC to find out that they actually had enough people to offer Level 2 in Florida AGAIN this summer. So I'm taking it now.

I truly truly truly hope that next summer they will have enough people to offer Level 3 so I can complete the levels! I don't want to have to wait another 5 years OTL

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-02-2018, 12:06 AM

July 1, 2018,

Well - I passed my Level 2!!! Now hopefully they have Level 3 next year so I can finish and become fully Orff Certified :D

So I had to buy a new phone. OTL I've had my phone for YEARS. It's literally falling apart...like pieces are falling off LMAO.