Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 10-29-2009, 06:55 PM

Just as any of my other threads, I want you to be creative. I'm going to post this with the hopes of getting some people to join in. :D Add in anyone you want, do anything you want, and say just about anything. I'm up for some creative people. :yumeh2:

Profiles-

Name: Shaym (History Teacher at the school)
Race: Elven
Hair Color: Silver; long enough to reach his waist and layered about the face.
Eye Color: White
Clothing: Usually wearing gray clothing in the form of slacks and a nice shirt with an overcoat. He rarely strays from his monotoned color. Has a pair of black framed glasses that seem just a tad bit too big for him. ;)
Appearance: Taller than most humans, slender, well-built, has pointed ears, and a pale skin tone.

Name: Sess D'carlo
Looks: Long dark hair, pale skin, bright green eyes, 5'6.
Race: Human
Bio: She is a new teacher at shayms school ^^

Name: Sammy Darkwing
Race: Part Human, Part Bat
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Light blue, with flakes of gold
Clothing: Most often wears tank-tops of varying colors, though brown and blue are her most frequent colors. She used to wear jeans always, but has begun to wear skirts after meeting a certain, shall we say, coffee house worker.
Appearance: Bat's ears in place of normal ears, a little on the short side, a rather petite build, and a pale complexion from days spent inside.

Name: Fay
Appearance: Here’s a picture of him, though Fay has dark hair.
A quote describing his human form: “His black hair was layered about his face as he looked down at her, his brown eyes curious. The boy's black clothing contrasted with his pale skin, yet it almost seemed natural.”
And then there’s Fay when he’s not-so-natural: “Suddenly, his brown eyes darkened to black, his teeth sharpened to fangs, and his face became freakishly beautiful. His ears became long and pointed; eyebrows arched high, and hair almost brushing the floor. He was stunning, yet fearsome. Claws grew, his horns crested the sides of his head. His pale skin seemed to turn to marble, and his features sharpening drastically.”
And I, conveniently, found a description of his clothes: “All Fay ever wore was his black pair of pants, boots, a shirt, and a coat. To spice it up, there would be a pair of gloves or (if it was a really special day) beanie.”
He steals energy from the school, but goes through an immediate withdrawal. After he night passes, he feels better . . . here’s a quote from somewhere in the thread: “His pale skin seemed a bit . . . light, as though there were energy trapped beneath it. His multi-layered black hair seemed to flow on breezes that were nonexistent, his clothing going along with the unfelt wind.”

Name:
Race:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Clothing:
Appearance:

-
"I expect everyone to have their papers done by tomorrow morning," the flowing, deep voice of the instructor filled the small classroom as he paced before his grouping of students. "No exceptions, class."
As the flurry of young adults scurried out from between the desks and through the small door, the teacher gracefully sat behind his oak desk, pulling out a stack of paperwork. Brushing his waist-length silver hair away from his pale face, the elf reached for his pen and began to grade his students' work. White eyes surveyed the many essays and words, seeking mistakes and other areas to comment on.
While he worked, the tall elf moved slowly and deliberately, his form-fitting grey pants and nice coat rustled slightly. Since he had no family to return home to, the instructor knew he would stay in his classroom until the late hours of the evening.
Hours passed in which the elf merely graded papers relentlessly. It was far past time for the evening meal before the slender figure heard faint footsteps approaching his door.

((Don't mind this, it's just a note for myself here . . . ))
History-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme View Post
The old school and all of it's packed classrooms filled with boisterous students, noise and chaos filling the carpeted halls and sounding behind wooden doors.
Shaym lectured his class, the History lesson for the day being about the recent events of the town.
"Does anyone have any ideas why Zannar has fallen into such disarray and poor repair?" the teacher asked, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. Glancing out over his students, the elf pointed to one of them.
"Because of the war?"
Shaym nodded. "That is a good reason. Since the war has been going on for so long, there has been a need for more profit to keep the weapons and food supplies from diminishing. Is there anything else you can think of?"
Another student raised their hand and was swiftly called on. "Because of the elves."
The silver-haired teacher tilted his head, regarding the boy that sat slumped in his chair. "And why would you blame the elves?" Shaym asked, his deep voice staying smooth.
The boy never got to respond, for the bell rang. The entire class gathered their things and horded out into the hallway, leaving the tall elf standing in front of his desk. Even though he was working in the school, Shaym could not deny that his race had started the war - but he hadn't.

"Very good guess, but wrong."
Shaym stepped up to the blackboard and grabbed a small piece of chalk. Scribbling in elegant, flowing script, the elf wrote a few words.
"First, the war," he said, turning back to his class. "The war between the elves and humans is getting more and more demanding. It takes it's toll on the cities of the lands with taxes and troops." The elf avoided saying that his people were foolish, but thought as much. The reason that the humans and elves were at war was forgotten long ago, and it was now just left up to revenge. "Second, we have recently been under attack by -"
"The Fae," one girl said, frowning.
"Yes, the Faeries and other mystical kind have been taking advantage of both the elves and humans in their time of weakness." Shaym nodded in approval, stepping back up to the board and underlining one of his written words. "Can anyone tell me what the Fae do to the lands they inhabit?"
The same girl rose her hand. "Yes?" The elven teacher clasped his hands behind his back and let his grey eyes rest on the young teen.
"They harvest the energy and life from the habitat."
Shaym smiled, pushing his glasses up on his face. "Yes, the Faery-kind reap the energy and life forces from the land. Do you know how they are able to do this without us knowing?"
Again, the girl rose her hand, speaking before called on. "They can shape-shift, or at least make us see what they want us to see."
Shaym nodded in approval, opening his mouth to speak. Just then, the bell rang. "Alright class, I'm reading the notes you took tomorrow morning. Start studying for the test at the end of the week." With that, the entire room burst into chaos as the students gathered their things and rushed for the door.

Last edited by Esmme; 07-03-2010 at 07:05 AM..

Esmme

Old 11-03-2009, 03:56 AM

"Shaym?" the lilting voice of the school's custodian brought the elf back to the real world, making him lift his head and slip his thin glasses off of his face. "You're still here?"
Shaym smiled slightly and rubbed his white eyes, allowing himself to yawn for the effect of looking tired. "I am truly sorry, Arra," he said in his deep voice, "It will not happen again."
"That's what you said yesterday," the woman replied, shaking her head, "and the day before that. In fact, you've been saying you'll go home before dinner every night for the entire time you've been teaching here. That's around ten years, Shaym."
The older woman shook her head again, disapprovement heavy on her features as she surveyed the stacks of paperwork that crowded the teacher's desk. "You'll never get it all done. Now go home and get some rest! You may not be human, but you should at least think like one sometimes."
The silver-haired elf stood silently and bowed to the custodian, placing his thin glasses back on his nose. "You are right, Arra. I shall leave you to lock up, I assume?"
Just as she had replied every day for ten years, old Arra nodded. "That's right. Forgotten that already? Now git! Go home, you young sack of bones."
The elf smiled to himself. Ah, yes. Honest to a fault. He may look young, but Shaym was far older than any human around. He bowed once more in farewell to his old friend before stepping out of the classroom for the first time that day - and night.
"Don't be wastin' your time around this dump," Arra muttered, thinking that Shaym's keen hearing didn't catch what she said. "It's not good enough to have the likes of you holding it up."
For her sake, Shaym continued down the corridor and left the building. Just as the woman had said the school was practically in tatters. Too many generations of children had been taught within it's crumbling walls, too many people had graced the rickety wooden chairs with their weight for hour after hour. The elven teacher shook his head and headed home through the dark streets. The school may be falling apart, but it was the last link to his family that he had.

**Vampire_Mistress_Jill**
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 PM

what kinda role should I play? i wuold be a tudent but it seems this is more about the teacher so i could play as a new teacher???

Esmme

Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 PM

((You can be just about anything you want to be. :D Just make sure it fits in alright, and you've got it! If you want, be both. But yes, I must admit, it might make the story a bit more interesting if you're a teacher or adult. :) ))

\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-06-2009, 10:32 PM

[[ ok ill be a teacher my first year teaching XD]]

I knew I was early but i wanted to get the feel for this school. one of my fathers friends said that this was a fine school to teach at and to be a part of it so here I am. I wonder around looking in all the rooms i finally get to the room i would be teaching in room 330 i am going to be teaching english for freshmen i start to get settled and try to make the room more me like with some paintings i enjoyed some poems and such i was nervouse becouse id actually be up in the fron teaching instead of being the student..

Esmme

Old 11-06-2009, 11:11 PM

Shaym noticed her immediately as he headed down the hall. It was rare that any of the other teachers came in early, and (as was expected) the elven teacher was always there a couple of hours before the students began pouring through the front doors. Hoping not to startle her, the tall elf stepped up beside her carefully, clearing his throat.
"Hello," he said, pushing his thin glasses up the bridge of his nose, "you must be the new English teacher that everyone's talking about."

\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-06-2009, 11:17 PM

His voice startled me " ohh" i say and drop my books..i blush "oh my.." i look at the tall elf man "hello yes that would be me you can call me Sess" i was surpised that he was here so early. after i indorduced my self i said excuse me and i picked up my books embarrsed..at the fact that i was so clumsy and i havent even been here an hour.

Esmme

Old 11-06-2009, 11:48 PM

"Sess," he said, picking up her last book. "Good to meet you. I'm Shaym," he bowed formally, "I work in the classroom next to yours. Shall we drop off your things together?"
He brushed his long silver hair away from his face, looking at her with a friendly smile. The elven teacher slowly started heading in the direction of their rooms.

\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-06-2009, 11:53 PM

' i would like that very much.." i follow him to our rooms were I notice for the first time he is elven. hes beautiful. even more so than that of a human. "well i begin to say...i would like to make this room..fun and interesting.." i show him some of the paintings and writings ive hung up. " i have more in my car..but I dont have time to get them up until this afternoon.." i look at him watching him exam my room..

[[ i am human if thats alright unless u want me to be eleven aswell??]]

Esmme

Old 11-07-2009, 12:04 AM

((By all means, be a human! Variety always makes a better story, don't you think? ^_^))

Glancing around the bare room, Shaym nodded. "I'm not much of the artistic type," he said, "but I think your idea is wonderful." Indeed, the many creative things she wanted to do to the room would certainly give it a... personality.
"If you don't mind," the elf bowed, glancing up at Sess with his white eyes, "I have some papers to grade before my students arrive this morning."
After bidding the new teacher farewell, Shaym headed next door.

\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-08-2009, 04:29 AM

[[ i agree!!! i am human XD]]

Shaym looked around and then lefted. He seemed really nice, I to had a few things left to do before students arrived I wrote my name on the bored "Ms. D'Carlo" and I got all my books and papers setteld when I heard a bell ring and the sound of student filling up the hallways. I smiled with exciment.

Esmme

Old 11-09-2009, 12:49 AM

The old school and all of it's packed classrooms filled with boisterous students, noise and chaos filling the carpeted halls and sounding behind wooden doors.
Shaym lectured his class, the History lesson for the day being about the recent events of the town.
"Does anyone have any ideas why Zannar has fallen into such disarray and poor repair?" the teacher asked, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. Glancing out over his students, the elf pointed to one of them.
"Because of the war?"
Shaym nodded. "That is a good reason. Since the war has been going on for so long, there has been a need for more profit to keep the weapons and food supplies from diminishing. Is there anything else you can think of?"
Another student raised their hand and was swiftly called on. "Because of the elves."
The silver-haired teacher tilted his head, regarding the boy that sat slumped in his chair. "And why would you blame the elves?" Shaym asked, his deep voice staying smooth.
The boy never got to respond, for the bell rang. The entire class gathered their things and horded out into the hallway, leaving the tall elf standing in front of his desk. Even though he was working in the school, Shaym could not deny that his race had started the war - but he hadn't.

SilverKnightHawk
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 AM

(May I join as a student?)

\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-09-2009, 03:05 AM

[[ I ont mind at all]]
The students all rushed into the room at once in one big glob It wa sso hard trying to hush tem and get them settled down when They finally did I looked at them "Hello class I am Ms. D'carlo I am new this year.." I can hear the students in the back talking and chuckling "Ehem" I look straight at them and they go slient" Thanks..now what I want to begin with this morning is writing..pretty much like journal writing only I want you to write two pages about anything and I want it to be literate.." I pull out a bunch of notebooks and stack them on top of my desk." Now..I want two at a time to come up and grab a notebook" I call on students tqwo by tow to get there notebooks..The rest of class goes pretty smooth and when The bell rings I collcet there journals and put them in my bag and head out to my car to get the rest of my pantings for the class room..

SilverKnightHawk
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-09-2009, 03:18 AM

I got through the class, but didn't know what to write about. In the end, I doodled over the back two pages and didn't get anything done. I drew a pair of crossed swords, with a bat perched on top of them. I was worried she might see them when she gathered the books up, but thankfully she didn't.

When class was over, I stayed for a moment to speak to the teacher, "Ms. D'carlo, I was wondering if I could take my journal home with me, you know, to write more in it." I cracked my knuckles nervously and pushed my long black hair back over my bat's ears. "You see, I couldn't think of anything to write. So, I kinda spent the time doodling in the back."

(She's part bat, and part human. Don't ask how that worked =3)

Esmme

Old 11-09-2009, 09:44 PM

((hahah, cool. It's gonna be a weird town, eh? ^_^ Welcome. I'll post later on, when story allows such. I might have to add a student of my own, but if someone else joins as a kid, I'll let it go. :P We'll see how this turns out. Please PM me if you want to join!))

Last edited by Esmme; 11-10-2009 at 06:11 AM..

\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-09-2009, 11:35 PM

"Of course!" I said " but just this once ok?" I say and added "have fun with it dont let it feel like you have to write about anything specific..ok? " I say to the student. and when she left I went to my car to get the rest of the paintings for the classrooms, I had to make a few trips but I managed to get them all it took me a few hours to get them all up before I knew it..it was nearly 7 pm! oh my I better get going I say..

Esmme

Old 11-10-2009, 12:37 AM

Shaym was writing at his desk, as usual. Once again, he didn't care about how late he stayed. After listening to the newest teacher clean up her classroom a bit, the elf sighed. Hearing someone else get ready to leave made him think about heading home himself. After all, it was almost seven. Perhaps he would freak the custodian out and, for the first time in years, leave before the school closed.
Swiping his glasses off of his face, the elf rubbed his pale eyes. Alright, so he was actually tired for once. A bit of rest would do him good. Shoving the lenses back onto his nose, Shaym rose from his chair quietly and went to go check on Sess.

\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-10-2009, 12:41 AM

I was putting all the journals i have collected for the day in my bag along with some short story essays and a eval sheet so I could get to know my students better everyhting didnt quite fit into my small bag and so I carried some. shaym came into my room and looked around before he said something..he was still here? I checked my watch..wow its so late I thought for sure I was the only one here.

Squall_Leonhart234
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 AM

(hope you dont mind if i just jump in ^^ joining in as a student)
Liam sighed looking up at the school building. He hated being the new student in town. His cat ears twitched as he nervously walked to the front of the building carrying his bag over one shoulder and a small sketchbook in his left hand. He took a look around ignoring the looks from some of the other students. "It's like they've never seen a neko before." he mumbled as he looked around to try and find the office and get his schedule.

Esmme

Old 11-10-2009, 12:49 AM

"Sess," the elf bowed in greeting. "I'm a bit shocked that you're still here."
He surveyed the room once more before nodding silently. "It looks good in here. You're doing a good job with this room. It seems... brighter."
The elf sighed. "Do you need a ride home?"

Squall_Leonhart234
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2009, 12:55 AM

Liam found what he needed then left the school walking outside and heading to the coffee house down the street. When he got inside the owner looked at him practically fuming.

"You're late! your shift started ten minutes ago!" The man glared at him walking over to him. "what do you have to say for yourself boy?"

"I'm sorry sir.." he looked down and sighed. "i had to get some things from my new school. i promise you it wont happen again." He grinned and the owner shook ihs head sighing.

"Fine.. just.. get to work ."

\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-10-2009, 12:55 AM

The way he said my name was..how do you put it..soft but strong at the same time.."thanks.." I say and look back at my room.."a ride home? that would be great taking the train is such a hassle..if you dont mind that is.." I say looking straight into his eyes.." I am also surpised to see you here shaym" I say with a smile.

Esmme

Old 11-10-2009, 01:43 AM

The elf cleared his throat, his cheeks coloring slightly. "Of course I'll drive you home. It's no trouble, Miss."
Waiting for Sess to grab the things she needed, Shaym pulled out his small ring of keys. Pulling on the coat he had brought with him, the elf then helped her put on her jacket as well. Slowly leading the way, the silver-haired teacher walked with the new woman out into the dark parking lot and over to his vehicle. Though the car was small, it did its job well enough. Truth be told, Shaym didn't even know what it was. He really didn't care, as long as it ran smoothly.
Stepping around and opening the passenger's side door, the elf helped Sess get into the car before closing it. Slipping into the driver's seat, he started the car.
"Where are we headed?" he asked, his deep voice smooth. He kept his white eyes on his task, but his attention was on his passenger completely.

\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-10-2009, 01:56 AM

I noticed he blushed which made him look boyish,cute he walked me to his car and when we got into his car I said " I live downtown..in the quite parts" I say looking at him he was so polite it was nice. as he drove he keept silent it was almost akward when we came close I said "turn here" and pointed to a run down one story house I was almost embarised at how it looked but it was way better looking on the inside. I cleared me throught." Thanks for tha ride" I said and got out of the car.