Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-03-2014, 03:10 AM

Drop Bears Forgettory!
"I have a crap memory, but a great forgettory!"

So this is where I shall be posting things from my life. It may be funny, it may be sad, it may be happy, it may be mad. Theres also a definite chance it might even offend your sensibilities in some way, shape or form. You've been warned!

Feel free to post and comment on stuff if you so desire. Positive stuff is preferred, but negatives are fine too, just be constructive or I'll say bad things about your mum!

Last edited by Drop Bear; 10-12-2014 at 03:28 AM..

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-03-2014, 03:16 PM

This dork makes me laugh. Looking after him while my folks are away over the New Years holidays.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-05-2014, 06:39 AM

Other end of the spectrum this time. My house mate annoys me for many reasons. Can you guess one?

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 01-05-2014, 07:39 AM

^It's their mismatched cutlery, isn't it?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-05-2014, 12:38 PM

I think it's that they drank all the beer

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Its the torch next to the oven! Really! Who puts a torch there? The oven already HAS a light!

This is the place I put my creative juices into action. Ive got plenty of jobs on at the moment:
1) Custom made computer (with a twist)
2) Clear display case for a collectors edition book
3) Custom made juke box
4) Custom made Sugar Skull sculpture for a friend
5) Custom airbrushed fridge/freezer (possibly the largest size piece so far)
6) Commissioned airbrushed aquatic piece for a friend
7) ORPC sculpture

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-06-2014, 01:11 PM

You "aquired" another sign since I saw a pic of your bolthole before. I've seen the stop sign, but the keep out one I don't remember. xD

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-07-2014, 04:59 AM

I've had that one longer than the stop sign, but I think i moved it from elsewhere. I'm particularly proud of the 'keep out' one because I smuggled it from NZ back to Aus after a trip over to see family.

Just spotted this little lady outside my window. Reminded me of my parents Rosellas as a kid.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 AM

How did you acquire those signs?

Is that one with a stick person one suggesting no golfing?

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-09-2014, 11:30 AM

I'd rather not post up anything that could potentially be used as evidence for how they came to be in my possession, Ling.
And yes, that is indeed, a 'No Golfing' sign. Only one of 2 that I've ever seen...

OK, so here is todays entry:

I just got my hair cut. In a big way. Goodbye mohawk, hello top knot!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-09-2014, 11:58 AM

Wah...that's an incredibly unusual hairstyle...

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 01-09-2014, 06:13 PM

Hello summer haircut! It's ok Droopy. Your hawk had a good long run.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-11-2014, 04:21 AM

Went and looked at another house today, unfortunately couldnt get into the place to inspect the inside because the freshly cut keys werent working. The yards looked nice though, very nice shed on it. Would have been easy enough to maintain and cheap rent too.

I spent all yesterday out in the bloody heat working at my mates place on his top section of his yard where he's building his shed. We knocked down a brick wall, levelled the yard out to the right height as per council regulations so it could be inspected once the new brick wall was put in. We also filled in some of the trenches he had to dig earlier for drainage on the lower tier of his yard. His shed is going to have a car hoist in it. It'll be pretty damned sweet!

Heres some pictures:

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-14-2014, 12:14 AM

OK, so I bought myself a new car. Well, not new, but it replaces my old heap of shit that I hate. I bought my old mans ute because I know he takes care of his cars and hes also done me a good deal because he wanted to get a newer model one he found for a good price!

This means I have now knocked one thing off my New Years Resolutions list! ^_^

Last edited by Drop Bear; 01-14-2014 at 12:36 AM..

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-14-2014, 11:32 AM

Cool! It does appear to be in good shape for a second hand vehicle...

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-14-2014, 11:55 PM

Yeah its in pretty good nick, hence why I was happy to buy it.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 AM

So yesterday I went to a friends daughters 5th birthday party at the park. I thought I'd have some fun on one of those spring animal things... yeah looks like I might be a bit big for them now.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 01-20-2014, 06:25 AM

**To the above pictures** No! Never give up on your dreams. You ride that spring thing. You ride it and you...um....have fun on the ground?

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-20-2014, 09:46 AM

Haha, I went on one of those just over a year ago, and while I didn't quite flop to the side like that the springy animal did fall quickly...

I'd totally 'like' that image if I saw it on facebook!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-14-2014, 01:15 AM

So I realised I havent updated this recently, things have been quite busy for me over the last couple of weeks.

I've been trying to get a new job, and it seems that the employment company that are supposed to be getting it all happening just cant seem to pull their finger out and get it done! I've inside knowledge and know that I've unofficially got the job, but this employment company just hasnt made the official offer yet! Its frustrating seeing how incompetent they seem after all the shenanigans of trying to get in touch with them for various things. So, there have been several trips out of town to get this happening.

In other news, a couple of weeks back, I took my new ute on its first road trip down the coast to a place about 5hrs away. All up, there was about 1400kms of driving done over 4 days. Drove through some absolutely beautiful bush and forest land and some really fun roads and cool places. Definitely want to drive some of that again.

My UHF radios also paid for themselves. Putting it on the truck channel was pretty damned helpful because I'd hear where the various police were along the highways etc. Saved me plenty in potential fines etc!

While we were down the coast, we went to a fair in a nearby town. At the fair, I found a duckshoot gallery, with the moving metal duck targets you have to hit with air rifle shots. This set up was 4 shots, 4 hits got you a prize. You paid money to get different prize tiers. I had 3 attempts at this and walked away with three prizes. Guess I still got it! Got the GF and her mother the big stuffed animal prizes, and also got the little car toy thing too from the first attempt. We went back on the way out and got another one so we could have races in the motel when we got home!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-14-2014, 05:37 AM

Stoned penguin? Hahaha

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-14-2014, 06:12 AM

Its an in joke with her mum and me, and she loves it! :P

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-22-2014, 05:24 AM

Another sporadic update!

Its saturday afternoon and Im about to start getting ready for my LAST EVER shift at work! I have a new job that I've been doing inductions and stuff for the new one and I should start in a week or so, all going well!

I've also applied for an awesome house that I'm hoping to move into pretty soon too!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 03-02-2014, 09:54 AM

Its time I put up another update.

I had my first day at my new job on Friday. Looks pretty cruisey and good, so looking forward to that kicking off.

On another note, I am now single once more. I think its for the best though, things werent working as they were and I didnt see them getting any better. I like being single too, it suits me better i guess.

We'll see where the future leads me...

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 03-05-2014, 07:49 AM

Well, I've decided that this year, is MY year!

New car, new job, newly single and now I have a new house too!

I believe it is highly appropriate to say FUCK YEAH!

I'll put up pictures of stuff again once I start moving and such I'm sure! There will be plenty to take pictures OF for starters, so then these posts will get a little more interesting!