Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 12-21-2013, 03:39 PM

((sorry will post later))

Last edited by Seer Of the Future; 12-21-2013 at 05:03 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-28-2013, 01:47 AM

He was wondering what the beast had been up to, when suddenly a female came out of nowhere. He almost jumpped, his body going on edge from the sudden appearance. Looking over at her, he was silent for a moment when she asked if he was alright. He took a breath, it must have been more usual and typical for others who lived within this world to deal with things like that so easily. He looked at her again, feeling the relief from her about him being alright. "I am....alright, thank you" he offered a small smile, even if his stomach was still in a knot now from all of this. He wondered then who exactly she was. He did not know her from the others who he had already met. Nor did he remember her from anything else. He did not feel any dark thoughts or feelings from her at the moment, so she couldn't be a threat right?

He figured he must have looked odd himself. "My name is Hibiki" he says, giving her the name he had chosen for himself earlier. He glanced around, the uneasy feelings he got from the land still there. "We should move to safer ground" he says, taking her hand. He begins leading her back to where the others were. That would be alright as well right? Would they be angry with him for bringing an outsider in? Then again, he and the other female who they brought here had been strangers before so it should be alright. He wondered then if any of them were worried about him. He had just recently met them, and he had told Ryker he was alright and wanted to walk so...He sighed slightly, feeling a bit more alone once more.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 12-28-2013, 07:08 AM

With a slight smile Masuyo thanked Ryker. After the male fell asleep her gaze moved from the fire to the cave entrance. She was feeling bad about nine getting left behind. If only she wasn’t hurt the three of them could have come back together. That wasn’t something she could change now. Her hazel grey eyes fell back to the fire. She couldn’t help, but to worry about the younger male.

The young woman shivered a little before getting up and going over to the pile of furs First she ran a hand over a grey pelt, the coloration reminded her of a wolf. The pelt was very soft and cuddly. She smiled to herself as she picked it up. This would keep her warm, she was sure. Quietly she hobbled back over to where she had been sitting near the fire, the fur wrapped around her. Once again her eyes watched the entrance. She wasn’t about to go to sleep, not until nine was back. Every so often she would glance around usually over at Chumana or Cion. Masuyo wasn’t sure what to say or talk about so she stayed silence.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 12-28-2013, 04:53 PM

Chumana looked over to Ryker as he forgave Masuyo and nodded slightly. She was silent for some time, waiting and watching. The woman ran her fingers over her golden bracelets and rings. The feel of the cool metal settled her soul as she took in the area. When the other woman stood, the younger expierament straightened herself a bit and watched as she hobbled over to the pelts. The wolf pelt was one of the last true animal pelts they had before the mutations really began to take over. Seeing the woman's glances, Chumana chided herself again. Ryker wouldn't be pleased with her silence. He would want her to make friends, or at least be friendly. It was hard for her though, putting aside her hate for the white men that had taken her away from her people. She had kept her hate for their skin color even when she had started to live with Ryker, it took a lot for the native to trust.

Sighing heavily she shifted and grabbed a tanned hide. Its leather was soft, and thick enough to act as a mat to lay upon. Standing she walked towards Masuyo and draped it on the floor next to the woman. "You should lay on this. It is much more comfortable then the cave floor." she said lightly and knelt next to the other female. "May I see your knee?" she asked softly and looked at the woman's leg that was giving her issues. Pulling a charm from out of her pouch, the feather was of a pheasant, and another of a golden eagle. The golden charm of a goddess with hair flowing in the wind with wings, held a staff in hand. IT was the goddess of healing and prophecy. Calling upon help from the goddess was a try, you had to believe in something. Plus if it did help, Chumana would feel much better because they would have her being able to protect herself.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 01-03-2014, 06:47 AM

The moment when she asked about bandages she regretted it. Sure story like this have first kits, but did those first aid kits have bandages? Well, she'd find out if Sky can find anything. "I see, and I would like to say I'm more then lucky that you are here and not something else." Leila nodded, and offered up a different alternative. "Or maybe if there is some needle and thread? I could use this dress as a bandage. I'm going to need a new one anyway." She grinned as she motioned to her torn dress, that had a few holes and runs in it.

"Since you been here just a few hours, I feel like I should ask... Is it clear in here of those creatures? I'm in not condition to start fleeing for me life."
Leila inquired of Sky.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-06-2014, 04:54 AM

“Sure,” Masuyo sighed slightly, she had been really lucky that her leg wasn’t broken when she hit the tree. She shifted so that it was easier for the younger woman to look at her injured leg. With curious eyes she watched Chumana. The woman smiled slightly it had been so long since she had contact with other people and she found it strange the way they treated her. It also somewhat frustrated her as well. She might be able to do what the they could, but she could protect herself. Her leg was starting to feel better. She didn’t know if it was the charms or if she just thought it felt better due to being tired.

“Thank you for everything.” A warm smile was on her face as she looked directly into the other woman’s eyes. Masuyo had made a decision and that was from this point on to try starting over fresh. Ryker had made it clear earlier that she was no longer alone. “How is your hand?” Talking would help her stay awake. She had to make sure Nine made it back.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 01-08-2014, 03:03 AM

Chumana waved the charm over the injured leg and chanted softly, calling upon the goddess for help and healing. Putting the charm back in her pouch she sat on her knees and nodded. "You are welcome." she said smoothly. Pushing her braided hair away from her face and over her shoulder, the native looked down at her other hand as Masuyo asked about her. "It is alright. I have had far worse from teleporting. I've nearly had my body cut in half." the girl explained and looked over the small scar over her belly button. "Compared to such pain as that, this is just a scratch. Being drained was more detrimental then the wound." Chumana explained and sighed heavily. Glancing over to Ryker, she gave a soft smile and then looked back to Masuyo. "It is good for people to be back in his life. He is too nice to help just one person... He is good with people. Unlike me." she said and then stiffened as she turned from the other woman. She felt like she already had said too much. But they had fought together, so she could trust her right? Chumana couldn't be too sure. Trusting had made her people suffer, so it was hard to think of trusting again.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 09:49 PM

Clinging to the steep rock slope, the crevices and overhangs appearing like black monstrous gargoyles peering over him. Alpha crept across with the wind picking up flicking at his hair, trying to follow Thistle, and could just make out from the angle that the face wrapped around at an angle, that she had jumped down onto this threatening creature.

He quckly as he could scrambled along keeping three points of contact on the sharp edged rock, either two hands and a foot, or two feet and a hand. He took a last glance towards the light that he had been investigating, that would have to wait, more than likely the campfire belonged to this new individual.

He managed to get to the position that Thistle was before she leapt. By then he was aware she had dispatched the beast, she stood there pulling out the blade from its eye. As he tensed he's muscles and bent his limbs ready to follow her down the lip of rock snapped off in his hand, he dropped rapidly, flailing his arms and after a split second and about six foot his finger tips grasped at another rock jutting out, his breath ripped out of him as he abruptly stopped hanging his whole weight on one arm, the edge of the grasp bit deep into his skin, and he felt warm sticky liquid flow, he took the chance to swing back against the slope, and get a better grasp. He composed himself, determined to catch up with Thistle, this time he jumped more gingerly, and managed to land next to the pair, his hand formed to a fist pounding at the floor as he landed with crouched legs, he stood up to his full height slowly just as this other male went to take Frosts hand.

"Frost! Are you okay?" He had got to know Frost enough now that he wasn't afraid of most creatures that they encountered, but a human? Frost was only the second Human Alpha had seen for years! Alpha barred his teeth in a menacing scowl, almost like the creatures that skulked in the darkness themselves he almost growled, his fingers tensing in a claw shape ready to pounce. The light from the moon falling on the features on his face displaying almost inhuman lines and shapes.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 10:26 PM

“I see. I could never imagine how painful that must have been.” Compared to Chumana, Ryker and even Nine her own power seemed insignificant. The woman wondered if she would really be able to help them in some way. Masuyo followed Chumana’s eyes. “He does seem that way. You’re not the only one like that I’m sure. People can be scary sometimes.” This was something she learned long ago and was a hard lesson. For now she felt that these new people in her life could be trusted. Noticing the other woman stiffen she frowned slightly. It was clear that the other was starting to feel uncomfortable. Masuyo shifted and looked over to the robot. “Is there any way you can tell if Nine is on his way back or at least tell if he is safe?” Worry shown slightly in her hazel eyes.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 01-16-2014, 10:56 PM

Thistle watched the boy for a moment when he said he was alright; she scanned over him slightly making sure that there were no visible wounds. While in the middle of this she heard him introduce himself as Hibiki, this pulled her out of her scan and smiled saying “Nice to meet you Hibiki, I’m Thistle.” When he went to take her hand though she shifted a little and let her hand slip through his and back to her side saying “I have -” she heard a cracking sound and looked up going quiet.

When Thistle saw Alpha she was worried of a moment that he was going to fall to his death. Seeing that he caught himself she looked back at the boy and finished her sentence “I have to find my friend, but he is here now.” When she heard Alpha calling out her last name and asking if she was ok she looked up to see him coming down. When he landed and stood up she saw how menacing he looked then quickly put her hands up to his chest saying “I’m fine I swear, no cuts or scrapes…not even a bruise.” She knew that he had started to seem a bit protective of her so she felt that it was the best way to try and ease him down.

Turning back to Hibiki, Thistle smiled then said “Don’t worry about Alpha, from what I’ve seen he only kills when necessary.” She paused then said “Oh excuse me… Hibiki this is Alpha, Alpha this is Hibiki” she smiled to herself a little. She didn’t need to get close to anymore people but she always knew that it was right to help, and since Alpha appeared too agitated by Hibiki she wanted to make it less awkward.

Ready to move on from Alpha trying to intimidate Hibiki, Thistle said “Hibiki you said there was safer ground? Is it safe enough to sleep there for the night? You see Alpha and I are heading into the city we are in search of where we came from and an old friend of his.” Pausing to take a breath she continued on “We have been traveling all day from the North with no breaks trying to make it here before it is too late and we could really use a place to rest if that would be alright.”

Thistle was all for helping people but she didn’t need to get too close to anyone else, Alpha was enough for now. She looked back over at Alpha and noticed his bleeding and then added turning to Hibiki “Plus a place for Alpha to get his hand fix would be great, we don’t need to be attracting any more creatures on our journey.” Thistle stood for a moment processing things in her own mind though, all of the recent events were starting to become a blur and she knew that she would have to think about some of it later.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 PM

Alpha listened intently as Frost introduced Hibiki, a shorter young teen, with dark glossy hair, and his eyes, very peculiar eyes, blue pools of light that had something so innocent and human within them, unlike Alphas who had seen great depths of dapravity and chaos.
Alpha now realising that it appeared this young boy was no threat he quickly calmed, and listed to Frost, after all it was us humans that were now endangered, and usually humans had tried to stick together, unfortunately for most of the world it hadn't helped.
He nodded towards Hibiki after being introduced, and raised his hand, palm showing in a slight gesture of greeting.

As Frost requested a place to go, he himself looked at his hand, ah another scar to add to,the collection he thought and probably another wound for Frost to fix up! She was right he hadn't stopped to think how hard they had pressed through the elements and creatures. Being able to perhaps stop somewhere secure enough to slip into a deep sleep would be welcomed by Alpha. However hard that may be to relax.
Alphas mind slipped back to the glow they had seen, and wondered again if this perhaps belonged to this young man? Perhaps he wasn't alone, a lone human surviving out her still seemed hard to imagine, even after meeting Frost.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 01-18-2014, 12:42 AM

Cion flew back and forth around the cave, adgitated clearly as he waited for the younger male to return from the depths of the darkness. He sighed, looking towards Ryker sleeping on the floor. He narrowed his eye a bit, looking at him. He then looked at the two females, before he moved to the mouth of the cave. He began scanning for heat signatures down below, catching three of them in close proxemity. One of them was Hibiki...the other two.... He looked back, before he rushed out and down to the other.

Hibiki listened to this new female, before glancing at the man. Looking at them, he could sense it now. The female cared little about anything other than a place to sleep and help for the man. She was not interested in any attatchment or anything really about him. The man was only interested in protecting the female. It made him feel a bit more isolated, but he kept his feelings out of the way. He glanced up at the cliff, was it alright to allow them to come up there with him?

Was it his place to give away two and eight's position? As well as the other girl who he had talked to not long before. "Well...it is safe, I do not think the others will mind you staying for the night" he paused, thinking about what else she had said. His eyes turned to her. "Where you come from..." he caught the thoughts from her mind, "you're like me...." he said slowly. It was about this time, that the little AI unit known as Cion flew down to him. He went on a bit about how dangerous it was to be around here with the other stuff going on.

Cion sighed slighttly, looking at the other two. "And you are?" he scanned them slowly, reciting their experiment number and their information as he had done the others. He seemed to be much happier, tapping his arm like apendages together. "Alright! Almost all nine in one place...well what are we waiting around here for, lets talk in the morning...all of you need sleep, and you need help" the last comment to Alpha. He took all of them up to the cave. He moves to Alpha, making him show him his hand.

He began healing him, as he had Eight. When that was done, he made them all get to sleep. He would not let them talk really, they would save that for the morning so he could explain things once all of them were awake. He did not feel like repeating himself. Hibiki sighed a little bit. He closed his eyes, alone in the back of the cave. All of them were together now, according to Cion. There were nine of them in total. He felt a bit uncertain if he was happy about this or not. He felt a bit sick honestly.

He turned over, so his back was to them all. Cion said he would keep watch, since he did not need sleep. It was like in a way they had an alarm system at their side. That was nice.... Though throughout the night, he found it nearly impossible to sleep at all. He did not even notice he had, until a poking in the morning woke him up. He opened his eyes, looking up to see Cion looking at him. "Morning sleepy head!" the rains had stopped, and darkness had left, to be replaced by the bright sun of the day. Even through the cover of the falls he could see it. He slowly sat up, as Cion went around, poking the others to get up.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Malo

The smells of the night lit up his senses. It made the fur on the back of the oversided tiger man's neck bristle. His jowels pulling back to reveal perfectly white sharp teeth. A low growl rumbled in his chest, before meeting the crisp wet air around him. He sat in a branch of a tree nearby the falls and mountains. The rain bothered him little, and did little to stop the smells from reaching his nose. He smelt them, those called humans. They had no buisiness here...they had no right to even be alive! His growl deepened, his tail twitching a bit in adgitation.

He shook his head, flexing his claws a bit. Jumping down, he began creeping closer, staying in the darkness without being seen by those up within the caves hidden behind the falls. He stayed there all night, not letting it out of his sight at all. When the sun began to peek above the horizon in the distance, he turned towards the forest. He gave a bit of a growl, the underbrush rippling a bit. The forest listening him, sending a message through it to a couple of beasts not to far away.

They would seek out the queen, and allert her that Malo had eyes on and the position of those beasts. He turned back to the rocks, his nails once more flexing a bit. His fur bristling again. He was itching to get up there, to rip them appart into pieces. He would not make a move though, not until the Queen willed it. He did not wish to upset her, or to endanger their cause. If he spooked them, and they escaped before she got here, it would be bad. He wanted to see her happy, to allow her the pleasure of giving the order herself to kill them all.

Once these pests were wiped out, there would be nothing more to stand in their way, and threaten their people. He made his way a bit up the cliff, finding the body of a creature that had been harmed the night before. His paw like hand slowly closing its eyes. His agression and anger was building more and more. He wanted to make them suffer, to make them pay as they had. They cared nothing for his kind, saw them as tools and as things that ment nothing, that they could kill without a second thought. He would enjoy ripping them open like the worthless sacks of meat they were.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 01-18-2014 at 12:56 AM..

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 01-19-2014, 05:01 AM

Sky held up her hand. "Hold on.." she said before wandering off for a minute. She could have sworn that she'd seen some needle and thread like Leila was talking about. After a few minutes, she reappeared with the items. "Took me a little bit, but I found them in the back room. Here." She handed the things to Leila before sitting down next to her. "Any idea what size clothes you wear so I can find you some? And no, there aren't any beasts nearby. At least, not right now."

It was silly to say there weren't any. In this world, there were always beasts nearby. The only questions is how close they are.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-20-2014, 12:16 AM

Mausyo had stayed awake as long as she could, but fell asleep before Nine had returned with others. At first her sleep was restless from the nightmare she was having. At one point she sat straight up, panting. When she realized it was just a dream she forced herself to relaxed and go back to sleep since it was still dark. The rest of the night had been fair. The woman managed to get some sleep.

When Cion poked the young woman she swatted at him with her hand. “Just ten more minutes,” she mumbled, not opening her eyes. Masuyo shifted and rolled onto her other side just to curl back up, pulling the wolf pelt over her head. She finally opened her eyes. Yesterday had been so long and took a toll on both emotionally and physically. Today she would keep her emotion in check. There was no way she would embarrass herself again. Hearing the others stir she uncovered her head and sat up. She stretched a bit, looking around.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 01-20-2014, 10:48 PM

The three had crept silently back that night to the cave, only the pale light of the moon, and flickering flames of the small campfire shone the way, causing every bush and fern to cast vast shadows on the mountainside, dark beasts with claws and teeth ready to pounce, and just as they appeared another flicker and they revealed themselves to be a branch or a rock.
Entering the cave and surrounded by piles of sleeping people, it was hard even for Alphas keen eyes to make out anyone's features so he found himself a place closest to the caves mouth near the machine, with the sound of water falling, this was his place something coming in would have to meet him first "it's your time soon mister" a voice seem to call from somewhere amongst the undergrowth, Alpha ignored it and rolled over to, face towards the fire.
It was strange the machine scanning himself and knowing all his details, it must have been one of Karnoffs creations, and the others her may well be other experiments that had been created, and if that was the case then maybe his friend was here too? It had been so long Alpha thought, he may not even be alive, but then he was suprised he himself was still here despite his close scrapes, and his former companion was more suited to this new world than himself.

Alpha fought hard against sleep and never slipped deeply all night but his mind raced and he dozed waking at noises of the night, insects, twigs snapping, animal calls. When he did doze familiar dreams came to mind, ones that had followed him for a long time getting clearer and more vivid with every night.

He was clinging to a rock face, it was crumbling beneath his finger tips, the pieces,of rocks turned to reptilian scales coming away in his hands, the wall of skin moved and shook, Alpha slipped off an fell falling and falling, sharp teeth beneath him in the void snapping. He's arms flailed trying to grasp at something looking up he saw the moon, it seemed to split in two, and no longer was a moon but a pair of eyes bright blue "Thistle?" No it wasn't for a split second he had thought of her, and felt that sensation again of her hand passing through his skin, for that split second he felt calm and happy, but was falling again into the darkness.
He looked down the ground rushing fast towards him, but he could see people beneath him strangers to him... No not strangers these people here with him now!
He could see them standing ahead of a great serpent, coiled ready to lunge, he tried to call out to them. The serpent looked up,at him and bared its fangs, it sprung at him, he braced himself for the bite.

Daylight had broke, Alpha sat up alert "it's your time soon mister"
"Oh shut up!" A chill ran down his spine, where is thistle he looked around trying to pick her out
But it wasn't her he saw, but someone else another young girl also with snowy light skin but with long black hair, still messed from sleep, but with clearly showing broad red strokes through it. Hazel eyes peered around at the cavern.

Last edited by BrotherOfDarkness; 01-20-2014 at 10:52 PM..

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 01-21-2014, 01:00 AM

Chumana watched as the new visitors came in with nine. Her bright green eyes narrowed in suspision as she intantly moved to Ryker's side. No one would touch him, not ever. Watching with ever vigalent eyes, the native female grabbed her own furrs and nestled herself beside the man she called her second father. Keeping tabs on Mausyo as well as the new comers made themselves at home the woman found herself rigid. She was never a people person, not with people who's culture had been so different from her own. Gripping her dagger that was on her thigh tightly she laid her head against the wall of the cave. The fire would be fine through the night, and monsters steared clear of this area so they would be fine. She was more suspicious of the others who were now in their cave.

It wasn't until the wee hours of the night when the wounded warrioress passed out into a dreamless slumber. Rest would be good for her arm. Waking as light shown in the cave, she knew that food would be necessary. Especially with all the new mouths to feed. If Ryker needed her he could get to her in a heartbeat. Grabbing her bow and arrows, she slipped soundlessly past the sleeping male and into the outside world. The feel of the cool air full of water made the woman smile slightly and trot off. There was no need to teleport here, she had time. Running and taking off for the fun of it, she ran skillfully along the trees and vegitation that had grown so large they could be used as bridges and scaled like mountains. Enjoying the feeling of the rush of air across her cheeks and her hair in the breeze.

Coming upon the beast that was once a deer and now looked like a cross between that and some type of wolf the woman drew her arrow as she stood in the branches of the tree. Watching the mutated animal snatch up and eat what used to be a rabbit, she waited patiently as it moved towards her more. Closing her right eye, she focased on the beast, and let the arrow fly. Hitting its mark, it speared the animal right through the skull and out of the back of the head. Jumping down gracefully the tall woman knelt over the beast and said a soft prayer, releasing the beast's soul into the plains of sun. Putting her bow on her back once again, she then moved to stand next to the large beast and with a pop they were gone.

Thud.

Stepping over the dead body of the beast now in the cave, Chumana brushed her hair behind her head and tossed the carving knife at Ryker. "I bagged it, you skin it." she said lightly, knowing that she had been fast enough that he wouldn't have a problem with her going out. Plus she was sure all these new people would surely have his attention. He liked people, where she did not. Frowning at the sight of the new arrivals, she took a drink from her newly filled water skin and sat towards the back of the cave. Having to duck her head and weave around some ceiling rocks she gave a heavy sigh and closed her eyes. It took her years to trust Ryker, and now all these new people? This was going to try her patience.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-21-2014, 01:30 PM

When Ryker rose the next morning, he saw that the once empty, dank cave was full to the brim. He rubbed the sand from his eyes, just to be certain that he wasn't hallucinating or something. Sure enough, the figures and forms were real. He had to wonder just what happened last night. Did he really sleep that hard? Probably. It was logical; he needed the sleep to keep up his agility and endurance.

Shifting, his eyes scanned the cave for that one familiar face he grew to love, Chumana. At first, he didn't see her so he instantly panicked. It was mid-panic that he realized her hunting gear was missing. This observance calmed him. Good 'little' Ana was out hunting, making certain that all their new guests were well-fed and ready to take on another day. Full bellies was essential if you wanted to survive in this feral conditions.

Ryker has slipped from the cave to bathe before everyone started to arouse. Just in the nick of time, he tugged his final outer garments on and a fresh slab of meat and fur appeared before his emerald eyes. Looking to the tribal woman, he smiled. "Of course," he happily chirped before beginning his work on the deer-like canine. Keeping both the pelt and the meat, he tossed the meat on some coals and hung the fur in the back of the cave. It would dry slowly, but it wouldn't shrivel in the hot, baking sun that would soon engulf the sky.

With the meat cooking, the fur drying, and the bones and guts tucked away in clay pots and fat pockets, he rinsed his soiled hands in the fresh water that spewed from the cliffs above. Now clean of all blood, he turned to look at all the new comers. Ryker's hand raised to scratch his rusty hair before laughing rather sheepishly. "I see I slept through a lot. Anyone want to catch me up to speed?" His hand raised to offer a simple wave. "How rude of me! I'm Ryker. Pleased to meet you all."

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 01-21-2014, 05:18 PM

Chumana watched a bit as Ryker happily set off to work on the animal she brought back. "Sprinkle the herbs on the meat." she called before exiting the cave again. Walking down to the fresh water pool below, she stripped without fear of being see or bashfulness. In her village, the people practically walked around in the nude. It was necessary to be proud of ones body, to be self assured that you are as beautiful as your soul. Many times she had embarrassed Ryker by just striping and heading straight into the pool of water with him. To her, it was normal. To him, he freaked out a bit, and she swore his cheeks were red for two weeks after. She learned to wait her turn to bathe after that, she didn't want to embarrass him so much he would pass out.

Sighing as she tossed her weapons on the banks. She streched, the breeze feeling nice against her skin. Hanging her tribal clothing up on a branch she then began to lovingily pull out the small individual braids of her hair. Walking into the water as she did this, she sighed. Cooling down after a hunt was always pleasing. But she wouldn't spend long cleaning herself. Ryker was up there alone with all of those people. People she didn't trust at all. That thought itself made her tense. Forcing herself to calm down, she then dove under the water and resurfaced when her lungs couldn't last much longer. Washing with the make shift soap she made, she then walked to the falls and stood underneath them for a bit.

To other eyes, it would seem like a fairy tale. A strange tall Amazon looking woman, with tattoos and piercings bathing in a beautiful pool. Surrounded by unknown and dangerous beauty of a strange world. Many times when she was younger, the white men used to say she was living proof of the tales they used to tell of her people in towns around the village. Forgein but so beautiful and captivating, that one could not help but stare. Her kind of people were so hard to find at that time that they could have been the last true village. Now, she wouldn't be surprised if she was the last one of her people. Emerging out of the pool, she sat on the banks of the pool, gazing up at the rushing water. If it just had been Ryker and herself, she would have just marched back into the cave, calling out for him to avert his eyes, but it was no longer just them. As the breeze dried her skin, she began getting dressed and headed back up to the cave with weapons in hand. This would be a very stressful day.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-27-2014, 02:26 AM

The breeze danced along the exposed fangs of the pale skinned queen as she flew towards the outreaches of town, towards a place that her kind had yet to take over; not that it was impossible for them, they just hadn't branched in that direction yet. The woman let out a piercing scream as she neared an old mall, it stood in ruin, though not completely broken down, it was more or less still intact. The fangs vanished quickly as the snake-like creature tucked her wings in, forcing herself into a free fall towards the flat roof of the building. With only a few feet until impact, the large white wings opened wide once again, her speed dropping instantly as she dropped her large form to the rooftop, a loud thud echoing through the air ducts below.

Her eyes narrowed as she extended her tail across the gravel filled roof; her gaze fell towards it, though she clearly could not see anything beyond the stoney color. The wings that connected to where a human's arms would normally be bent and supported her upper body against the surface as she sit there silent. There were whispers from the creatures around her, some of the local birds (or once birds) singing out their songs of humans, their gloomy tone like that of an old organ needing to be tuned. Quetzal's lips pulled back to reveal her razor sharp teeth as she let out a hiss and another scream; there were humans hiding within this building; she would find them and she would destroy them.

Her front wings helped to propel her body forward as she began making her way towards the edge of the roof, her remaining wings pumping to slowly lift her massive body up. In another few moments, the white serpent was in the air and flying towards the edge, making a loop to see the glass doors that rested beneath the 'JC Penney' sign. She wea nearing her mark as a couple of pump flying worms began darting around her, buzzing and whistling to her. Pupils narrowing, Queztal let out yet another piercing shriek as she changed her course; a few experiments would be match enough for the foes that these little bugs would swarm together for her, the party lay with Malo and she was not going to miss that.

Changing her course quickly, Queztal's massive tail slammed against the old damaged letters of the sign, and though she felt nothing, a few of the letters shatter, their empty forms crashing to the ground as the little bugs flew off to gather the predators in the city to lay waste upon the experiments that hid within.

With wings beating against the warming morning air, it did not take the woman long to clear the city and break for the fields beyond. She could feel and hear her kind calling to her, giving her directions as she went; some of the lesser creatures were fearful as these experiments were hunting them and they cried for protection. She turned wide as the forests and caves began to come into view; her pale body would be hidden enough within the brightness of the sun and the few clouds that danced overhead.

Swooping down much slower than she had before, Queztal quietly landed towards the back of the rocky build up. Instinctively, she flattened her body to the rock form, quickly picking up the breathing patterns of her second in command. Wings tucked tightly against her body, she slithered herself through the rocks until she her narrowed pupils fell to the massive feline. Slinking up next to him, she allowed her body to rise, following the contours of the rocks. Her bright red orb locked on the male, silent telling him to update her on the situation.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 01-27-2014, 03:11 AM

This ivory skinned girl wasn't the only inhabitant of this cave that was awake, as he heard an oddly familiar voice chirp up, he rather rapidly swiveled his head to get a better look at the speaker who introduced himself as Ryker.

"I see I slept through a lot. Anyone want to catch me up to speed?...How rude of me! I'm Ryker. Pleased to meet you all."

Alpha tried to let his eyes focus and rubbed them hard with the knuckles of his index fingers, pushing the sleep from them, and they felt so dry.

Alpha spoke up with his early morning gruff deep voice.
"Ryker?... You...old...sod! Speed is one thing you do not need, is that really you?"

He pushed himself up onto one knee, then with a moan and a stretch he stood up rotating backwards his broad shoulders, his spine cracking as he brought himself to his full height. He then stood with his arms crossed clasping his biceps, the nights dreams and thoughts slipping away.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-27-2014, 09:26 PM

The redhead cocked a brow at this male who seemed to know him. There was something about this man that jogged Ryker's memory but it just couldn't put his finger on it. He kept thinking and thinking, until a clue was registered properly. This guy knew speed was his thing. There was only one person who knew this outside the group that already saw his powers. Just one man, a good friend from happier days. The moment he realized just who it was, a grin slid across his face and he eagerly moved to give the man a firm handshake and a slap on the back.

"Holy shit. Al, is that really you?" His green eyes were alive with delight at the thought of seeing his old pal. God, it had been forever since they last crossed paths. Why, it was around the time when things started going to hell. The pair decided to break off and check things out. Widen their horizon, one could say. They both wanted to learn more about the world and just what they meant to this world. Was there a reason they were like this? Did the old man who created them know something? They just wanted to expose their eyes to the true and, in doing so, they lost their way with one another.

Clearing his throat, he looked from Ana to Alpha. "We go a ways back, Ana. Al here was my first experiment buddy. I think I told you about him some." His eyes flicked to the older man. "I'm curious to hear what you discovered. Anything interesting?" Realizing they might not be among just friends, he suggested the two discuss thing in code or, better yet, in private later.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 01-27-2014, 09:52 PM

Cion rolled his eyes at one and two. "Sheesh, enough with the squaking you wanna know what's going on then put a cork in it" he pointed at the two of them as he spoke. "Everyone up and at em, we got a lot of ground...well...metaphorical ground...to cover" he turned and moved over to Hibiki. The teen had gotten up, but he still was uncertain if he should even be here or not. Cion crossed his arms, seeming a bit impatient to get this show on the rhoad. He decided to say nothing for now, he was curious himself to get more information on this world and what was going on altogether.

With everyone relativly awake and getting more active, Cion moved a bit closer to the center of their odd little ring. He looked at all of them in turn. "You don't have the luxury of doubting eachother, your survival and the fate of the world rests on your trusting eachother and working as a team" this was partially aimed at one and two, though he did not come out and say it. "You were all created by and given gifts by Dr. Karnoff for a reason, so lets get introductions out of the way already" he pointed at Alpha.

"Experiment one, Vitruvius Alpha, enhanced physical and mental capabilities" he moved on, "experiment two, Casey James Rider or C. J. Ryker, enhanced speed and endurance." He swivvled around for a moment looking for the next one numbers three and four were currently not there, so he moved on. "Experiment five, Masuyo, a metamorphist" he turned again, "experiment six, Thistle Frost, density altercation." He looked for seven, but they were not here either, he sighed moving on. "Experiment eight, Wakanda or Chumana, a teleporter" he nodded, only one left. He turned to Hibiki "experiment nine..." he paused, floating there silently in the air.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-28-2014, 08:26 PM

"Hey now, one can never be too certain who's a friend and who's a foe. Just because we were all enhanced for the betterment of mankind doesn't mean we'll all stay true to our focus." His hand balled into a fist over his heart. "Even the most ethical men will falter at the end of the world." Looking up, his eyes jumped to everyone sitting in the cave. "Oh my, I sound so old and serious." His hand waved sheepishly. "I suppose you're right. Why would I have any reason not to trust you all. If you wanted me dead, you'd have kill me in my sleep. Although... I do suppose my drooling served as a nice safeguard. Still...." His nostrils flared. Something smelled like it was... burning?

BURNING!

Running over to the fire, his hands weaved in and out of the fire with such speed that the food seemed to engulf in flames. Flailing his arms, he looked from the waterfall to Ana to the waterfall. Thankfully, he came up with another plan. Creating a mini vertex in the cave, he ran around and around until he pretty much sucked the oxygen from the air. The fire stopped and the food was nearly saved. He would have to cut off a few burnt edges but, for the most part, the food was as good as new.

"Maybe you should use your magical spices to mask the taste of fire," he suggested before passing the food off to his should-be-daughter. While she was fixing his mess, he give his shoulders a good roll before leaning into Cion. "So just where are we going? You said we have a lot of ground to cover. Why's that?"

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 01-28-2014, 09:22 PM

Chumana watched as Ryker and his friend Alpha seemed to realize who eachother were. Shaking her head and sighing under her breathe she gave a polite smile and nodded her head to the other male. As long as he didn't want to hurt Ryker, she wouldn't carve his heart from his chest. Grabbing her comb, she knelt on her leather matt and began combing through the long black mess of hair. It was almost board straight from being combed and wet, but her skilled fingers began to braid the little tiny strands into individual braids once again. This time, she threw it up into a bun, and stuck her hunting knife into the middle to hold it. Moving to stand as Cion gathered them together and told each one of their powers, she found herself getting more and more protective over Ryker. He would be in great danger if they wanted him dead. She wasn't going to let anyone close if she could help it.

Suddenly she turned to the fire and put her hand on her forehead. "Ryker! I leave you one job!" she said and shook her head. Nudging his shoulder playfully and grabbed her herbs. Rubbing them into the meats as she pulled it off the coals of the dying fire, she shook her head and chuckled. "You really can have your head full of air sometimes." she teased lightly. Trimming the meat with skill, she then nodded and wiped off her hands. "Everyone can grab a helping." she said, though she didn't want to. Lots of people was not her thing.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 PM

Alpha chuckled to himself as Ryker attempted to save the food, always trying to save something or someone he thought to himself. Alpha had been so long looking after number one, quite literally, until he had met Thistle. Now he looked around at all these new faces and people. Ryker had aged, but aged well, still having that friendly almost cheeky cocksure smile and gleaming eyes, he made note that Ryker still daubed camouflage on his face, stopping glare from his skin, valuable when you travel at the speeds he did, also wondering to himself if Ryker had honed his gifts more and could move even more swiftly than before, possible they may have some time to catch up in which he could find out.

He also listened to Chumana offer the group to help themselves to the food, he found it funny and endearing seeing how Ryker and Chumana seemed to bounce off one and other, he couldn't quite tell what was between them, but that there was some chemistry there, that was without any doubt. Alpha smiled to himself again thinking that he would be glad after all this time Ryker found someone that he could share his time with. And he was sure it wouldn't hurt that this tattooed woman, however stunning could look after herself, simply by the way she held herself, without any inhibitions. He had been saved by Thistle himself, the person he now shared thoughts with, the ironically named little miss Frost had saved him in the freezing ice, perhaps Alpha could have survived and healed in the hostile conditions, perhaps not. But if Thistle had not saved him from the cold, then she had maybe saved him from himself.

Alpha had been less reckless with his life after finding Thistle, having someone to talk to and share things with, someone to live for. Before it had been Ryker, before the world collapsed around them, and the horrors he had seen had hardened him and took away any meaning to exist. And now looking around some hope crept back into his soul, the machine was correct, [I]human civilisation as he had know in his past had gone, but this here was the future for humanity, they were what was left and would have at least a chance to rebuild something... If they cooperated...[/I]

Alpha stood back for a second watching the group, were they still waiting for others? He saw Thistle and those pieces of sky for her eyes, and the young man, Hibiki the one that intrigued him the most, was it something inhuman? Or maybe it was actually something more human than the rest of them? The homely looking lad quite unremarkable, save for those magnificent eyes, all his years encountering the weird and wonderful, knowing of some of the research carried out but Karnoff... And unsuccessful acts of others not too dissimilar from the probably late genius. Vitruvius Alpha had never seen eyes like those. The pendant he adorned was unusual too, rather odd long jewel to come by?

But he also caught sight of the shape changer girl masuyo, it was clear now, looking at her, her eyes changing ever so slightly in colour when someone spoke, he thought before Cion spoke that perhaps he had forgot her eye colour or imagined it? He was curious however if this was her true form, or what she wanted them to see, either way it was a pleasant form, her shapely figure and her beauty spot, he found it hard to draw his eyes away from her. She appeared rather sultry to Alpha, maybe due to her extra years on Thistle had a more womanly form, her pale skin attractive, he stopped then.. Just like Thistles, was Masuyo pretty to him because she simply was, or did she remind him of Thistle? Thistle had been a saviour to Alpha, and he was ready to take life for her, or lay down his, he did Love her, he wouldnt admit that to anyone, but he did so, but what type of love he couldn't be sure himself, he felt fatherly protective. But he had never pushed to see where her feelings lay. Masuyo on the other hand, he was entranced by, but hadn't shared blood and pain with.

Ah hell,he thought to himself, get yourself together man, it's not time to be getting infatuated with anyone."
"Well you probably don't have much time left, I'd make the most of it if I was you..."
"Well you probably are me aren't you? You little twerp!" he muttered under his breath

But then spoke aloud to everyone and at the machine

"This machine is right... We are a great hope for humanity, I'm sure that is why we are here and have our gifts, but we must embrace thathumanity guys, and humanity's greates achievement, and ability, that enabled them... Us to create so many wonders, great things, aye terrible, like this new world, but still great... Was cooperation... now I'm starving, what wretched creature was this supposed to be? Not venison that's for sure?

He looked at Cion and Hibiki "Yes I'm with Ryker we want some questions answered, so are you going to release information on this lad? Number nine? Does he even know what he can do?"
He frowned accusingly at Cion.

Last edited by BrotherOfDarkness; 01-29-2014 at 01:41 AM..