PayShi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to PayShi Send a message via Yahoo to PayShi

Old 02-18-2008, 05:41 PM

Alright, So I saw no other thread, forgive me if there is about the upcoming movie Twilight.
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, the book, is in production.

I KNOW there has to be someone here that has read the saga, and is obsessed. The movie has just started to be filmed and whatnot, and they are just now releasing the cast.

I feel obligated to give you this information, even if you could google search it or go to Stephenie Meyer's website.

Quote:

Producers: Mark Morgan and Greg Mooradian
Director: Catherine Hardwicke
Cast: To Be Determined
Screenplay: Mark Lord and Melissa Rosenberg

BELLA SWAN has always been a little bit different. Never one to run with the crowd, Bella never cared about fitting in with the trendy, plastic girls at her Phoenix, Arizona high school. When her mother remarried and sent Bella to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she didn't expect much of anything to change. But things do change when she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful EDWARD CULLEN. For Edward is nothing like any boy she's ever met. He's nothing like anyone she's ever met, period. He's intelligent and witty, and he seems to see traight into her soul. In no time at all, they are swept up in a passionate and decidedly unorthodox romance — unorthodox because Edward really isn't like the other boys. He can run faster than a mountain lion. He can stop a moving car with his bare hands. Oh, and he hasn't aged since 1918. Like all vampires, he's immortal. That's right — VAMPIRE. But he doesn't have fangs — that's just in the movies. And he doesn't drink human blood, though Edward and his family are unique among vampires in that lifestyle choice.

And now for the cast currently released, I will update these as they are added:

Kristen Stewart plays Isabella (Bella) Swan

Robert Pattinson plays Edward Cullen

Nikki Reed will play Rosalie Hale

Cam Gigandet will play James

Anna Kendrick will play Jessica Stanley

Justin Chon will play Eric Yorkie

Rachelle Lefevre will play Victoria

Michael Welch will play Mike Newton

Kellan Lutz will play Emmett

Elizabeth Reaser will play Esme

Peter Facinelli will play Carlisle

Jackson Rathbone will play Jasper

Ashley Greene will play Alice

***February 19, 2008*** (Official Press Release)

Summit Entertainment Welcomes the Cullen Family to Twilight

Kellan Lutz, Elizabeth Reaser, Nikki Reed, Robert Pattinson, Peter Facinelli, Ashley Greene and Jackson Rathbone

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-18-2008, 05:43 PM

Ah~ I can't wait for it. *___* ;;
But I really don't like how some of the cast was picked out.

I wish Stephanie could have chosen the majority herself. XDD
[At least I think she didn't have a lot of choices in choosing?]

I hope it'll be as great as the book. *-*

PayShi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2008, 05:51 PM

I'm absolutely dying for it as we speak, and the fourth book! >_< I like the cast so far... I mean... I sort of agree with Stephenie as she says on her website about having Henry Cavill as Edward... Why? Because look at this face. He just looks like a perfect Vampire. And that's what Edward is!

But, I think perhaps Robert won't disappoint us? I'm very pleased with the pick of Kristen for Bella. I think she'll do a great job!

I also think the pick of Victoria is absolutely PURR-FECT. She looks beautiful but like she could be very evil. She won't have to do anything with her hair and I personally like her eyes...

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 02-18-2008, 05:58 PM

Kristen Stewart is from that one movie... right? Speak?
She looks like that girl, only matured and perhaps more feminine.

And Robert Pattinson sure as hell is a hottie. Maaan. o 3o;

Never got around to reading the book/series myself, though I've been recommended to read it several times.

@PayShi: Though I don't know anything about the series, I personally think that Robert makes a better vampire, from his picture; he seems like a secretive seducer, and that comes off as his natural persona to me. xD
Henry Cavill seems a little too clean-shaven. e.e'
[I know, it's the movies and these things are all ironed out, but he just seems naturally clean-shaven, and as if he wouldn't look right with some facial hair.]

PayShi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2008, 06:06 PM

@Facade
Yes, that is Kristen Stewart from Speak!
And I agree... Robert is very hott. xD
Though, if you do get around to reading the description of Edward in the book he is naturally clean-cut-looking. And is suppose to be all sexy and perfect.
Though, I do partially agree with you... I'm very satisfied with Robert myself. And I think he'll do a great job as our Edward (or at least I hope for him... there are a lot of fans watching him >_< Bless his heart!) His chin, might I add, fits Edward. xD It's from another description in the books I remember reading... It's just Henry was Stephenie's personal choice.
And since she is the writer... I know she's got pretty good ideas on how they are suppose to look and blah blah blah... Yet, I think she's just in love with Henry. xD

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 02-18-2008, 06:10 PM

xD
Yeah, if I ever get around to writing something movie-worthy, they better listen to ME. D<
Though I suppose that's the beauty of being paid for your work of literature to be turned into a movie; your opinions are rarely ever asked for, or even acknowledged. o 3o;
Though, if they're capable of suiting my character like Daniel Radcliffe suits Harry Potter, then we shall not have a problem. xP

Ahem, so yeah, back to the subject. I should probably read this book. o.o And then the others! Though it'd be a good solid three weeks-one month for me to start reading it.
Stupid involvement. D<

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-18-2008, 06:21 PM

I'm not going to see this movie. I'm so upset with the choices of actors and what the story sounds like so far. I LOVE the Twilight series - it's amazing - but the movie looks like it is going to ruin it for me D: I'm so upset T>T

Californiaswimmergirl
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-18-2008, 06:24 PM

Have you guys ever seen Sky High? You know the mean fire guy? He'd make a perfect Jacob1 He's made for that part!

PayShi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2008, 06:26 PM

@Facade
Yeah... Well, Henry is 24... and... she needed someone who may not seem to age in the next few years? xD
But... she did have some choices. MTV was going to do the movie.
And I have to say, THANK GOD SHE SAID NO.
I mean MTV has done some funny movies. Like Joe's Apartment... and then there's some ones that are just like, "WHAT?" like Jail Bait. The Twilight Saga would be RUINED by MTV and that's my personal opinion from the MTV movies I've seen.

xD But yes. You SHOULD read the books... I'm not very "involved." Although I am a graduating senior this year, and have lots of college-related things to do... >_<
Twilight was so addicting I read it in less than 3 days. A record might I add seeing as I'm not the fastest reader and I'm not a complete book-worm. I then finished New Moon in 4 days. And then Eclipse in a about a week.
I started to take more time of reading them because... well... I have to wait for Breaking Dawn to come out in August. >_<;; *Sobs.*

BUT. Read it. xD You'll defiantly be thankful you did. Buy the books from Walmart. xD They are cheaper than any other place I looked. And if I do a movie. I want to be a dictator. xD And have say-so over everything.
I should just be the director too, might I add. xDDD

SoapyDuckie
Send a message via AIM to SoapyDuckie

Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 PM

I have only read Twilight so far because everyone who has a copy of New Moon and Eclipse is too afraid to lend it to anyone. I can't wait for the movie to come out! I hope it won't suck.

I was switching channels this morning and saw Emily Osmet (plays Lily on Hannah Montana) talking about Twilight on The View. Weird huh?

PayShi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2008, 07:36 PM

@SoapyDuckie
Haha! Apparently because everyone is obsessed with it that even Emily would talk about it. It's VERY good.
I'd lend you mine... since I'm finished with them. >_> That is.. if you were in town. Currently, I'm dishing them out to anyone I trust who wants to read them.
@Californiaswimmergirl
AH! Steven Strait. YES. He's my pick! He is ONE HUNK. Though... getting Jacob right is going to be hard (or atleast I think >_<) since in Twilight... he's young... very young and then later on... well, I won't spoil it. But either way. Steven Strait is sexy. <3

@Maria-Minamino
I agree that it already sounds as if they've changed the movie as it is... and I REALLY want them to stick to the books as MUCH as possible. I'm still going to go see the movies though... it won't ruin the books for me, I'm just going to encourage everyone to READ the book before the WATCH the movie... I'm the type if I watch the movie first, I can NEVER read the book. >_> Weird, I know. Anyway... DON'T BE UPSET. >_<; I'll shoot them if they do a horrible job, mmkay? <3

MarziPants
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-18-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayShi
I'm absolutely dying for it as we speak, and the fourth book! >_< I like the cast so far... I mean... I sort of agree with Stephenie as she says on her website about having Henry Cavill as Edward... Why? Because look at this face. He just looks like a perfect Vampire. And that's what Edward is!

But, I think perhaps Robert won't disappoint us? I'm very pleased with the pick of Kristen for Bella. I think she'll do a great job!

I also think the pick of Victoria is absolutely PURR-FECT. She looks beautiful but like she could be very evil. She won't have to do anything with her hair and I personally like her eyes...
Having Henry play Edward is vary agreeable. He just looks Edwardish!

PayShi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-19-2008, 12:03 AM

@MarziPants
Well, if only he wasn't 24! That's the only thing... he probably would of gotten the role if he would have been born at a later time... Haha!
But I'm starting to think Rober may be able to capture our Edward. Please, Please, Please! Let him. I'm be soooo disappointed.

wispytearz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to wispytearz Send a message via MSN to wispytearz Send a message via Yahoo to wispytearz

Old 02-20-2008, 05:53 AM

I have never even heard of the book series but that little bit has definitely got me interested. Given my past experiences with movies and books, I'll probably wait and see the movie first and then read the books, though. Almost always, I see a movie of a book I love and am horribly disappointed. I know it's not possible to do any good book justice on film. There couldn't be enough time to do cover everything in a book to a movie. However, I always find myself wishing they'd cut just a little less or in different places and the actors and actresses never look like I pictured the characters to look like in my head. Still, I will definitely add this movie and the books to my buy these list! ^_^

DieTotgeburtDesZeus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via ICQ to DieTotgeburtDesZeus Send a message via AIM to DieTotgeburtDesZeus

Old 02-20-2008, 06:00 PM

i luff twilight and i'm so uber-glad they turn it into a movie, even though my boyfriend will laugh at me for watching it XD

i don't like some of the cast either, but it's not my decision, so i won't bitch around x3 *sniffs away little tear for emily browning*

but i *really need to get the last book soon (if it was released already...) yay, i can't waint x3

and victoria is *darn* well chosen ö_ö exactly how i pictured her. and at least we have no super famous actors in there x3

PayShi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 PM

I updated some of the pictures because more were added... also, more released on who is who obviously.
I'm excited about Alice, she's like my favorite female character!!!
I hope it captures what I felt in the books, you know? >_<

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 02-21-2008, 12:00 AM

The ones for Alice, Victoria, Jessica, Mike, and Jasper seem to be perfect... I'm pretty iffy about the other choices though. I mean, I LOVE Pattinson to death, but I just don't seem him fitting the part. >.>

I definitely don't see Kristen Stewart fitting Bella's part either. =x But oh well.

Also, Esme's actress? Uh-uh. I can see Carlisle's and even Rosalie's... but not Esme's. D:

PayShi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2008, 12:10 AM

I don't know. She seems alright. Esme is suppose to seem... motherly.
Also. I'm ecstatic about Kristen. And... I'm starting to like Robert... He's pretty sexy. XD I just haven't seen him act much. But I am SURE I like Kristen for Bella.
Though, as of right now, the best looking person for the characters is... the choice for Victoria. She's ABSOLUTELY the girl I saw when I read the books.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 02-21-2008, 12:29 AM

Robert is damn sexy. XD
My opinion of Esme's actress is based off of the group picture where she's all done up and such. She just doesn't... feel right. But I've yet to see her act, so I can't judge. Same with Kristen. She just doesn't give off that Bella vibe. =/

Have to agree about Victoria. I think it's the hair. xD

PayShi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2008, 12:42 AM

True that. Well... I don't think anyone could ever match my idea of Edward... or Bella. Esme, I didn't go into big detail with her when I pictured her because she's not in there a lot, you know. She didn't say much or anything... But she was there, of course.
But I did picture her to have a prettier face. Though, the brown wavy hair, I'm liking... and she looks motherly.
It's just all of the Cullen family is suppose to have this AMAZINGLY PERFECT FACE.
Which I know is hard even for Hollywood to accomplish, right? >_<
Emmett is sexy by the way. <333 I'm digging him.
Rosalie looks... perfect, though yes, the blond does seem fake. But, it'll work.
I'm digging Alice. I don't know much about the actress at all... nor was there a lot of pictures or info on her. I hope she can capture MY Alice!!!
And Jasper... what is up with the HAIR?

Clorissa
I'm a little teapot short and st...
Send a message via AIM to Clorissa Send a message via MSN to Clorissa

Old 03-02-2008, 07:15 PM

I almost cried when I learned they were making a Twilight movie.
Same with Maximum Ride.
They're destroying all of my favourite books, they are.

I'm really not anticipating this, and I doubt I'll be able to force myself to see it in theatres. I'll watch it online or something at one point..But urrrgghhh..I'm scared.

I'm really..worried. And enhh... I don't like the guy they got for Edward. I imagined him so much differently..

Selmarixie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clorissa

I almost cried when I learned they were making a Twilight movie.
Same with Maximum Ride.
They're destroying all of my favourite books, they are.

I'm really not anticipating this, and I doubt I'll be able to force myself to see it in theatres. I'll watch it online or something at one point..
I was dissapointed as well, but not for the same reasons. I'm just mad it's getting more attention than I believe it deserves. Then, on the flip side, I'm happy they didn't choose a good book, or series.

But I'm guessing I'm in the minority of being an Anti-Fan. Oh well.

.Death Mittens.
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-05-2008, 11:47 PM

@PayShi - If there's already been a post regarding this then sorry. D8 But there is no fourth book.

As for the film, I'm definitely looking forward to it, but I feel that they could have picked a better cast like most people.

I'm wondering if they'll be able to pull the sparkly diamond skin off the most. XD

Fin Raziel
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 PM

I'm pretty psyched about this movie. I've heard so much about the book, but I haven't gotten into the series yet. I'm waiting on this movie to give me a good impression.

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Twilight.
The Movie Discussion Thread.

This thread will be dedicated to the discussion of up and coming movie adaption of Stephenie Meyers famed novel 'Twilight'.

Discuss:
Cast,
Movie direction,
Anything relevant to the movie.

*The following content may contain spoilers for those of you who have not read 'Twilight' the novel. Proceed at your own discretion.*

*Please follow all of Menewsha's rules.
*This is purely a discussion, not a debate.
*Don't flame, pick on or make fun of anyone.