hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 05-08-2011, 07:40 PM

Encounter.

Name: Tavin Jentari
Species: Geminon
Brief: Tavin Jentari is a 6 year veteran of the Galactic Assembly Military. He joined up to follow in his late father's footsteps. He had been sent to Sol system to investigate the technological capabilities of the third planet.
((hope this is ok. If you want me to change any thing I will. ))

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-08-2011, 08:13 PM

Name: Lainey Scott
Species: Human
Brief: Lainey has graduated from university a few weeks ago and is just leave now, she had been staying with a friend for a few day so that she could get her things organized before heading home. The down side was that her family lived a few hours away but it was nice when she lived at school. She is heading home to live with her parents so that she can get a job and save up money to get her own place.
{If anything needs to be changed just tell me}

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-08-2011, 09:08 PM

2nd Lieutenant Tavin Jentari had enough of this assignment already. He had been on this mission for 4 weeks already when he passed the fourth planet of the Sol System. He wasn't sure visiting this The Galactic Assembly had wanted to investigate the third planet for nearly 70 years , ever since a strong energy reading had been detected by scientists.Also the Assembly had recovered some probes from the third planet. In his opinion, it had taken them long enough to wait and investigate. His mission was to investigate what the species of Sol 3 looked like,what the energy reading was, what their belief systems were and the government type was. Most importantly were they ready to be contacted by the Galactic Assembly?

From here Tavin could tell that the planet had numerous communication satellites around the planet. He flipped a switch on the console in case there were any sort of military satellites that could detect him. That was the last thing he wanted . He was supposed to blend in with the population while sending information back to his superiors back at his base in the Centauri sector. He went past the single moon of the planet and began his decent toward a sparsely populated area . He chose darkness to descend to the planet.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-08-2011, 10:28 PM

Lainey had been driving for at least an hour now and it was getting dark, she didn't really like driving a night but it was her own fault that she left late. She turned the corner and headed down the road she had at least another hour and a half of driving and she didn't want to make it any longer. She heard a pop come from the rear of her car and pulled over to the side of the road then got out to cheack it out. When she saw that it was a flat tire she sighed then looked around, there were no other cars in sight to help her at the moment so she would have to change it herself. She went to the back of her car and opened the trunck and started to take things out so she could get the spare tire at the bottom.

{Sorry it took so long went out for diner}

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-08-2011, 10:50 PM

Tavin had cleared the atmosphere and was making his decent to a small clearing. His ship was a small tear- shaped craft used for missions like these. The small size he hoped wouldn't be caught on a radar screen. He went over a road and a vehicle that appeared to be stopped. He thought he saw a person by the vehicle . That was the last thing he needed. A witness to his landing. Maybe the person could be reasoned with to help him on his mission

He activated the final sequence of the landing and braced for impact. The area seemed to be uninhabited. He was hoping to go in undetected , but he knew nothing about this planets inhabitants. There was little data that he was given when he started preparing. Only what was recovered on the probe . A sampling of many languages and a few pictures but most of the data was corrupted due to the harshness of space.

His ship landed but with a jolt that sent him forward in his seat. He decided to investigate the vehicle and its owner. The sooner he learned how to blend in the sooner he could collect the data . He turned on a cloaking field so the ship wouldn't be spotted. He took a sensor so he could return to his ship later. He opened the hatch and walked out. He knew he wouldn't be gone more than an hour .

((That's ok.:) I'll be going in a few minutes . I'll reply when I get back ))

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-09-2011, 02:22 AM

Lainey saw something fly over head and watched it fall nearby, she tried to ignore it not wanting to be late to get home. Once she was done unpacking the trunck of the car she pulled out the tire and walked over to the side of the car and started to switch out the tire's. She kept looking over her should at where she had seen the object land and then continued to replace the tire. Once she switched the tire out she put the flat back in the trunk and then looked back at where the object landed. She knew that it wasn't normal it didn't look it at least, she left her stuff at the side of the road and started to walk towards it. She knew that she was going to be late now but she had to figure out what it was and she knew that she wanted to figure it out.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-09-2011, 02:43 AM

Tavin was in the field. It seemed to him that it once was once a town. How old he wasn't sure. The only bulding there didn't look like the ones that were from the probe. It seemed much older. Must have been a town once he assumed. It was fairly dark out but he had his Recon lenses on. He saw that the person Was a young female close to his own age. He saw that she was fixing her vehicle. It was a interesting one to say the leased. He noticed that the young woman was not where she was before. he was hidden enough that she wouldn't see him.

To worst fear she was headed toward his ship. He tried to think of something that would distract her so he approched her and said, " Excuse me miss, could you tell where I am? Is there a town near by?"

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-09-2011, 02:51 AM

Lainey was startled when someone started talking to her, she pused for a moment then said "Umm yea there is a town but the closest one to here is about and hour and a half away." She looked around him then said "Where did you come form I mean why would you be all the way out here in the middle of no where with out a car." She looked around him again, she really wanted to figure out what had shot across the sky but then looked back at the man te see what he was going to say. If anything she would probably have to help this guy he seemed so lost and didn't know where he was. She sighed then said "Did you hit your head?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 AM

He smiled when she asked if he had hit his head. He replied by saying ," No miss I didn't. My car is a few miles up the road. It stopped working while I was traveling ." He had a slight accent , which told her that he wasn't from around the area. He felt bad that he lied about a stranded car as she called it . But he had to prevent her from finding his ship. " I am not from around here . I've been looking for employment for a while ,that's why I asked if there was a town. I'm waiting here till morning when I can call for assistance. ." It was a lame cover story, but his superiors agreed that it might work for the time being. Anything to distract her from his ship. he didn't know how much she had seen and he didn't want to take any chances on it being found. To him she seemed quite intelligent. He wondered if she was a university graduate. Back home his younger sister was in university at the capital of Geminon. He then relized how much he missed her. He hadn't seen his sister Tyla in three years. " I should be alright till morning miss. I noticed your vehicle is at the side of the road. Is there any thing I can do to help you?" He hoped he could get back to his ship soon and write his landing report. He wouldn't mention his meeting with the woman.
((going to bed soon. Having difficulty writing without not making sense.I'll post tomorrow. Goodnight.:) ))

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-09-2011, 10:37 PM

Lainey smiled at him and shook her head saying "If you wait until morning you might get eaten alive out here" she paused then said "I'll give you a ride to town tonight and then you can get a ride out her tomorrow to get your car." She smiled then said "Empolyment will probably be easy in our town, most people leave to go to the city so there are alway jobs openings." When he mentioned her car she sighed then said "No, nothing you can help with now really it was just a flat tire but it is fixed now." She smiled again then said "Come on if we want to make it to town before it gets too late we should leave", she turned around and started walking back towards the car. She looked back once to make sure that he was following her, once she got back to her car she put her things back in the trunk and then stood there and waited for him.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-09-2011, 11:37 PM

Tavin froze when she offered him a ride. Things were getting more complicated by the second. "Maybe I'll be able to get in with the locals sooner than planned.
He followed her to her car and said" I have some my things in that abandoned building over there, is it alright if I get them before we leave ? I won't be too long getting them. " He made a mental list of the gear he would need. His cover papers for employment, clothing, and a probe that would imitate a vehicle, he would activate that later when he was alone.

"Thank you very much for the offer. My name is Thomas Jennings*. What might your name be ?"

*Thomas Jennings is the false name he was given for this mission. His real name and mission will be reveled later.
((I hope that's ok if I did that . ))

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-10-2011, 12:41 AM

Lainey smiled and said "Yea you can get your things I will be here", she walked over to the driver side of the car and stopped when he introduced himself. She smiled and said "No problem really and my name is Lainey Scott, nice to meet you" she opened the car door and sat down in the seat leaving it open for while she waited. She was a nice person over all and learned that you should always help someone if they are in need of it.

{Yup it is alright}

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-10-2011, 01:35 AM

"Nice to meet you also , Miss Scott. I shouldn't be more than 15 minutes ." Tavin ran to his ship and opened the hatch, making sure Lainey didn't see the interior, he had the lights low. He grabbed the pack and set the probe to look similar to Lainey's car. He set the ship to low power. He still wasn't sure the full extent of the planets technological advancements . He went though the hatch he came in ,it closing behind him. He came around the back of the building and came out the front. . He arrived back at Lainey's car and sat in the front seat. He turned to her and said, " Sorry about taking so long , I had to be careful in that building due to the floorboard. Thank you again Miss Scott. For your help. " He smiled at her. His mission had finally begun. He wasn't sure how this would turn out , but he hoped that he would learn enough to send back home.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-10-2011, 01:49 AM

Lainey smiled and sat in the car just looking up at the sky, when she heard him come back she turned in her seat and closed the door. She looked at him and said "Please call me Lainey and don't worry about it I'm already late so it wont matter", she put her seat belt on and then started the car. She shifted the car into gear and started to drive down the road again towards her home town. She smiled and glanced over at him saying "We have a small motel in out town for you to stay it while you try and get a job. But I don't know if it will be open this late." She looked down at the clock seeing that it was nearing midnight now. After a while she said "So what kind of job are you looking for?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-10-2011, 02:09 AM

" Mostly one that has a lot of interaction with people , Lainey. " He looked at her admiringly. He was impressed how eager she was to help him even though he was a complete stranger and a visitor from another world. He wondered if the townspeople would accept him as willingly as she did. " I don't have much money on me for lodging right now. hope I'll be able to pay them as soon as I get some money coming in. So tell me about your self Lainey ,what brings you to the middle of nowhere this late at night?" He paused an waited for her answer. He hated to deceived her but he had no choice. This planet's safety required him to use the identity until he knew he could trust her not to inform anyone of importance. They continued to drive towards their destination in the darkness.

((I won't be on much tomorrow. but I will reply when I get home.))

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-10-2011, 02:21 AM

{Alright}

Lainey smiled and cuckled a little then said "A lot of people interaction", she smiled then said "I think I have a good job for you but it isn't the best. I got a job as a waitress and they are always looking for people to help there and the added bonus of people coming and going often." Hearing that he didn't have a lot of money she smiled then said "You could probably stay with my family if you don't have enough my parents probably wont care if you crash on the couch for a few days." When he asked her why she was out in the middle of no where she laughed a little then said "Just graduated university and heading home to work and save up money to buy my own place." She smiled and turned on to the main road of the small town.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-11-2011, 02:31 AM

Tavin saw the town as they entered. He was amazed at the architecture of the buildings even in the darkness. He was going to check out the town tomorrow when he searched for a job. Maybe a restaurant job would be the best to observe these people. He knew he had to his best not to make it obvious that he had never done that type of work before. " Would there be another opening where you are working. I do admit that I have never worked in a restaurant before. I hate to intrude on your parents but if they let me stay I'll accept. I thank you for your kindness. " They continued to Lainey's home. Tavin was never one deny kindness. It was what his mother had always told him to do and to also return the kindness back. He wanted to find a way to thank her.

(sorry for the short post.)

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-11-2011, 02:44 AM

{It's alright mine was short before it}

Lainey smiled and said "Yea there probably will be the only reason I got the job was because the people who work there now are going to college or university. Also don't worry about not having experiance it's a small town you will get the hang of it really quickly." When they pulled into the driveway whe turned the car off and said "They probably wont care growing up here we learned how to help one another. They are probably already in bed anyways I was supposed to be home and hour ago and I told them not to wait up." She opened the car door then walked over to the trunk pulling out the one suitcase that she would need for the night she would get the rest the next morning. Closing the trunk she walked back over to the side door then said "Come you can crash on the couch for tonight, I have no idea what state the guest room is in and you probably wouldn't want to sleep in a messy room" she smiled then closed the door. Walking up the the front door she used her house key that was on her keychain to unlock the door, she opened it and waited for Thomas.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-11-2011, 02:59 PM

Tavin grabbed his bag. And followed Lainey to the house and went inside. He noted the home's layout in case he had to make a run for it. He hoped this wouldn't happen. He followed her to the living room and put his bag on the couch. He would have to be careful that the contents stayed hidden. "Thank you again Lainey, I'll remburse your parents for any expences once I get a job." He was glad that it wouldn't be too difficult , but he hoped the papers he had would clear any background check his employers did. " Those insane people at the Intel division better have done there jobs right.He grinned while thinking this. Apparently this was only the third type of mission that the Galactic Assembly had done. They had gone well , but he couldn't help but worry. He was worried about Lainey and her family's safety. "Is there any special time you would like me to get up? " Tomorrow would be the start of his mission.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-11-2011, 07:43 PM

Lainey looked at him and said "No problem and if you are looking for the bathroom it is down the hall second door on the left", she pointed down the hallway. When she heard him ask about when he was to get up she thought about it for a moment then said "I have to get up at around 6am tomorrow morning to go into work to get the morning breakfast shift going. But you could probably get up later unless you want to show up early with me to ask for the job." She smiled then said "I`ll wake you up just in case but I have to go to bed or I wont get up in time", she smiled then said Ì`ll go get you a blanket and pillow." She turned and walked down the hall to a closet and pulled out a pillow and blanket then walked back to where Thomas was and handed them to him saying "Good night", she turned and headed up the stairs and into her room then changed and got into bed falling asleep.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-11-2011, 08:20 PM

Tavin watched her go up the stairs. He was going to go with her in the morning, first to get a job then to get his "car" repaired. he went into the bathroom to change into pajamas and to activate the probe. He did that and had the remote shift into a key. He hoped everything was in order. He went to the couch and had his bag with him . He rested on the couch and tried to get some sleep. Something was bugging him . He couldn't be sure what was going on, but he was sure he had forgotten something important on the ship. He checked his bag and he had the papers, id , licence and the other things but he had forgotten his battle log . He needed that to record his mission. Maybe once he got things in order he could go back there. He didn't want any of this to hurt Lainey and her family. He hoped the rumors about this planet weren't true. Some years ago there were traders that went off course and supposedly crashed here. He pushed that thought out of his mind and fell asleep. Morning would come soon enough.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-12-2011, 12:02 AM

Lainey woke up to her alarm and then shut it off and she stood up and walked out of her room and into the bathroom across the hall. She took a shower then went back to her room and went into her closet, she told her parents to put the uniform in there for when she came back. She got changed then went and dried her hair, after finishing that she went down stairs and walked into the living room. She put her hand on Thomas's shoulder and shook him gently saying "Hey it's 6:15 you should get up now and get ready if you are comming". She smiled then walked into the kitchen and got something to eat before sitting down at the table to wait and see if he was comming or not.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-12-2011, 12:23 AM

Tavin slept until Lainey woke him. " I'll be ready , I just need to change first." he went to the bathroom and changed into the clothes in the bag. A pair of pants that was made of a rough material and a white short sleeved shirt. He would have taken a shower, but he wasn't how the one here worked. He was use to just punching a button and the water came out. Here they had a lever that only had cold water. It probably had hot water but Tavin was to use to the conveniences of his ship.

"I'm ready to go if you are Lainey." He said. He wanted this day to go well. He had his bag with He hoped he blended in with the population. The techs assured him he would. He wasn't too sure about those guys sometimes. "Is there any chance I could go to my car sometime today or tomorrow? If not I can wait till I have some money to fix it."

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 05-12-2011, 12:35 AM

Lainey stood up then said "I am ready, I hope you don't mind walking but it isn't that far from here" she smiled and walked over to the door. Hearing his question she smiled then said "Yea I can drive you back out after my shift today", she smiled and opened the door then said "Oh, and my parents will be up by then so we can talk to them about you staying here for a little while when we get back." She turned and walked out of the house then waited for him to get out before she closed and locked the door behind them then turned and started walking down the street.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-12-2011, 01:12 AM

"Thank you Lainey. I will do my best to help with expenses if they let me stay."He said as they walked. They walked down the street toward Lainey's work. He took note of the people and the surroundings He was dressed the same as some and and differnt than others. Some had suits in a strange style. He had found the name of the planet last night and the state and country where he was. It was strange that Earth had so many differnt counties. Most planets he knew of were fairly united. While this planet was divided. "So many different countries and peoples. I'll have to mention that I might need more help gathering information." he grinned watching the school kids waiting to be picked up . They approached the reaturant. This is when his mission started.

Last edited by hillary84; 05-12-2011 at 01:34 AM..