hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-02-2017, 07:10 AM

I think people just have different reasons as to what is most important to them here. No one is right and no one is wrong it's just what's right for them.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 12-02-2017, 07:14 AM

I wasn't saying anyone was right or wrong either. I was just defending what I said.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-02-2017, 07:26 AM

And I wasn't saying you couldn't say what you wanted to say I just wanted to throw my opinion into the Hat

R u b y

Old 12-02-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

And I wasn't saying you couldn't say what you wanted to say I just wanted to throw my opinion into the Hat
I'm glad to see you around

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-02-2017, 07:39 AM

I'm happy to see you *hugs*

Last edited by hummy; 12-17-2017 at 10:47 AM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-04-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
I wasn't saying you should still donate when your sole purpose for doing so is to sell them in the marketplace/exchange. It's your money and you have every right to spend or not spend it on what you wish. ALL I was stating is that the hangouts and such still have some activity. It's slow, but it's always slow.
I come to Menewsha for the community. I guess that makes me the minority in your eyes. But I come here for the friendships I have made and the only social interaction I really get. Menewsha is more than an item catalog. I for one plan to support the users by continuing to chat. As it's not their fault this is happening.

---------- Post added 12-02-2017 at 02:04 AM ----------

Also, while there are some items that you would be likely to never get unless you were here in 2007, there are lots of other items that are available and not so out there. When you compare that to the inflation rate/number of items that a place like Gaia has, this is NOTHING near that level and anyone that leaves because they can't have a kings/queens crown (or other top rares) probably isn't good for the community anyway.
Well, I wish the item's here were easier to obtain, and there really isn't a good reason items should not be more easily acquired.

I fully understand your point about community and your viewpoint makes perfect sense. However, Menewsha is much busier with chatting and such during an event, as you well know. Besides, you would be hard-pressed to find a veteran Menewshan who doesn't have a incomplete quest thread. Larger social media such as MyFace and YouTwit may have more people, but Menewsha has nifty items.

Well, time for me to go KFC dumpster diving. Hmmmm. There's one with meat on it!

R u b y

Old 12-04-2017, 10:04 AM

I definitely agree that for an event the trades should be fixed because that's not just about buying/selling items. It's about giveaways and such.

But as for the incomplete questing and easily obtained items thing, every avatar site is like this. That's just how thing work. You can't always have everything. And as far as that goes, this is the BEST site for items because you only need the one. Most other sites you have buy several of one item to be able to use all the poses. We have it pretty good here.
(also that being said it would be nice to have some items re-released, even if they're priced a little higher because most people that are here now were not before and the ones that were aren't around now so these items are just sitting there where no one can use them. But I think that's a different conversation )

---------- Post added 12-04-2017 at 05:06 AM ----------

Again, like Hummy said, I'm not trying to say your opinion is wrong because it is in fact, an opinion and you're allowed to have it as am I.
I just wanted to point out the fact that things aren't "easily obtained" for a reason. It gives us something to work up for. Even some commons are priced into the thousands. Every avatar site I've ever been a part of has worked this way. That's just how it is.

And this site has the most giveaways, both by staff and users, that I've ever seen on a site like this. Every event has tons of ways to earn gold and/or items and there are so many charity threads and give aways and contests, I personally thing that this is as "easy to obtain" and you're gonna get.

Last edited by R u b y; 12-04-2017 at 10:07 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 12-04-2017, 08:21 PM

I've been on mene almost 10 years. And my whole mene life is practically built on giveaways/events etc. So I really don't know what to do with myself. I'll be honest. I mean yes I come here n try to post in a few of my threads. But I'm losing interest pretty fast.

I'm sorry I just won't sugar coat it. Its like they don't give a stuff. And if we're heading down the road of doom, then why not be transparent about that.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-04-2017, 09:49 PM

There are some items on gaia I will never ever get and I've been on there since 2004. It's just how it goes. There are items on here I've been lucky enough to obtain through questing and generous friends
But I definitely don't have everything and will definitely never get there.

But I don't think this is the end. They wouldn't have bothered to change servers if that was the case. If it were the end they would just have let the server die and done nothing after that.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-05-2017, 02:59 AM

I actually like that mene doesn't just hand everything to you like on gaia and the like. I think gaia is only about getting money, so they've made it too easy. "Don't have an old item? That's okay, spend more money and well get you one." I think that's stupid. Like how kids these days on videogames can pay to get better stuff that previously you had to work your buns off for. That's why it's a game. You have to play it to move your way up, not just pay your way forward. I am very proud of mene for not falling into that style to gain more money for themselves, but they're maintaining the integrity of our site and home.

I will say that it wouldn't be unreasonable if they offered a contest once a year or so that people could enter in for some of our really old items, because, like was previously stated in here, many of them are completely out of commission now due to so many of the users with them being gone for ages.

R u b y

Old 12-05-2017, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
There are some items on gaia I will never ever get and I've been on there since 2004. It's just how it goes. There are items on here I've been lucky enough to obtain through questing and generous friends
But I definitely don't have everything and will definitely never get there.

But I don't think this is the end. They wouldn't have bothered to change servers if that was the case. If it were the end they would just have let the server die and done nothing after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
I actually like that mene doesn't just hand everything to you like on gaia and the like. I think gaia is only about getting money, so they've made it too easy. "Don't have an old item? That's okay, spend more money and well get you one." I think that's stupid. Like how kids these days on videogames can pay to get better stuff that previously you had to work your buns off for. That's why it's a game. You have to play it to move your way up, not just pay your way forward. I am very proud of mene for not falling into that style to gain more money for themselves, but they're maintaining the integrity of our site and home.

I will say that it wouldn't be unreasonable if they offered a contest once a year or so that people could enter in for some of our really old items, because, like was previously stated in here, many of them are completely out of commission now due to so many of the users with them being gone for ages.
I completely agree with both of you.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-06-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
I definitely agree that for an event the trades should be fixed because that's not just about buying/selling items. It's about giveaways and such.

But as for the incomplete questing and easily obtained items thing, every avatar site is like this. That's just how thing work. You can't always have everything. And as far as that goes, this is the BEST site for items because you only need the one. Most other sites you have buy several of one item to be able to use all the poses. We have it pretty good here.
(also that being said it would be nice to have some items re-released, even if they're priced a little higher because most people that are here now were not before and the ones that were aren't around now so these items are just sitting there where no one can use them. But I think that's a different conversation )

---------- Post added 12-04-2017 at 05:06 AM ----------

Again, like Hummy said, I'm not trying to say your opinion is wrong because it is in fact, an opinion and you're allowed to have it as am I.
I just wanted to point out the fact that things aren't "easily obtained" for a reason. It gives us something to work up for. Even some commons are priced into the thousands. Every avatar site I've ever been a part of has worked this way. That's just how it is.

And this site has the most giveaways, both by staff and users, that I've ever seen on a site like this. Every event has tons of ways to earn gold and/or items and there are so many charity threads and give aways and contests, I personally thing that this is as "easy to obtain" and you're gonna get.
Whoa! You mentioned the forbidden "re-release word". Might earn you a warning in the near future. So watch yourself.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-06-2017, 03:50 AM

I do not see that listed anywhere in the rules

R u b y

Old 12-06-2017, 06:45 AM

Yeah neither do I.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-06-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Yeah neither do I.
While your idea of re-releasing old CI's a certainly palatable suggestion to most folks 'round these parts, the powers-that-be frown on such a maneuver that may placate the masses.

Why? I do not know. It is one of life's little mysteries.

Like: Why did Dodge decide to discontinue making Dakota's?

Why aren't all stop lights traffic-actuated, thus eliminating much pollution from vehicles idling needlessly?

Why does the government buy up patents on free energy producing machines and engines or otherwise silence those who produce such contraptions?

Why does the United States ship to China the rare earths needed in order to produce top secret electronics hardware?

Why must there never be a Machete Kills again...in space?

But, I digress. You get the point.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 12-06-2017 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Danny Trejo vs. Mel Gibson equals awesome sauce!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-06-2017, 08:11 AM

Have you been reprimanded on the subject in the past?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-06-2017, 04:26 PM

Re-releasing old Cis is something that comes up quite often as suggestions. Staff talks it over every time it comes up, but straight up re-releasing doesn't keep with the spirit of menewsha and runs the risk of feeling to much like gaia. Which we do not want. Instead we offer them in other ways like with Channah's charity auction. We're working on ways to get more items out there without ruining the menewshan economy. ^.~

And of course get these trades fixed. >.> <3 just have patience guys, staff is working as hard as we can with the staff we've got and our own lives. And remember FOWN will be here soon enough! Or is it just me that feels like this year went waaaaaay to fast?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-06-2017, 11:11 PM

I think if you released a kings crown for, let's say 20 dollars, the people who spent years and 100,000 gold to get it...that person will not only be mad but the hard work and value and patience of their crown will be diminished. That's my opinion.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-07-2017, 03:52 AM

I agree with Maria, for sure.

Shad - It went by so fast! I can't even believe that it's almost the new year already. Time sure flies.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-07-2017, 04:15 AM

I really like Channah's auctions. Just wish there were more of them/people would get notified by an announcement when they happen.

R u b y

Old 12-07-2017, 05:58 AM

That's what I had mentioned earlier as well though, that there are many contests and giveaways that help active users get said items. It was just skipped over
Believe me I don't want to ruin Mene's economy either. Even Ernya was ruined because of things like re-releasing so I completely understand it.

And I just want to say that I don't mind waiting for things to be fixed as I love Menewsha with all my heart. I really do. Its my home like many others and I want to support it and its staff and its users. I know you guys are working very hard to make things for us and to keep us happy, even with things out of your control. That's literally all I was saying with my first post here. That I just don't understand giving up on mene because one thing (I know there are other things messed up but the trade/inventory issue seems to be the one driving people away) isn't fixed yet. Because there are still things to do and to look forward to in the meantime if you look outside the exchange forum. Even in my contest thread where I've been offering art as the prize. That doesn't need trades to work.
It wss just disheartneing to me to see users that are somewhat to pretty active wanting to up and leave just like that. Not that they're not entitled to do so, but it was still sad to see.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-07-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Have you been reprimanded on the subject in the past?
No. My mentioning of there being a reprimand for mere discussion of re-releasing items was made in jest. My apologies for any confusion.

---------- Post added 12-07-2017 at 01:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I think if you released a kings crown for, let's say 20 dollars, the people who spent years and 100,000 gold to get it...that person will not only be mad but the hard work and value and patience of their crown will be diminished. That's my opinion.
I have a King's crown and it wouldn't bother me none to see a re-release of this item at all. In fact, I would welcome such a thing.

Releasing old CI's via the Auctioneer would be a great way of satisfying demand for these old CI's, however, an auction is so rarely held, and when there is one, about the only item being auctioned off is the Auctioneer's Ledger or some golden thingamajigger based on an item from the last event.

Anyways, this topic causes me frustration and I now need to find my happy place.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-07-2017, 02:37 PM

Hmmm, an announcement when Channah has a new auction go live... I could probably ask her if she's willing to do that. Not a bad idea :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-08-2017, 08:28 AM

I have a problem!
My computer runs on: [Windows, ]
I use this web browser: [Chrome & firefox]
My Problem:

Started this morning,

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.11: when I click "My Account", "Mail", "Friends" & "Games"

What it's showing me.

SPOILERX

Quote:
Invalid SQL:

SELECT pm.*, pmtext.*, userlist_ignore.userid AS ignored
,icon.iconpath, icon.title AS icontitle
FROM pm AS pm
INNER JOIN pmtext AS pmtext ON(pmtext.pmtextid = pm.pmtextid)
LEFT JOIN userlist AS userlist_ignore ON
(userlist_ignore.userid = 37965 AND userlist_ignore.relationid = pmtext.fromuserid AND userlist_ignore.type = 'ignore')
LEFT JOIN icon AS icon ON(icon.iconid = pmtext.iconid)
WHERE pm.userid = 37965
AND pm.messageread = 0
ORDER BY pmtext.dateline DESC
LIMIT 5;

MySQL Error : Disk full (/var/tmp/#sql_c41_0.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")
Error Number : 1021
Request Date : Friday, December 8th 2017 @ 08:17:19 AM
Error Date : Friday, December 8th 2017 @ 08:17:19 AM
Script : http://www.menewsha.com/forum/usercp.php?
Referrer : http://www.menewsha.com/
IP Address
Username : Nephila
Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
MySQL Version : 10.1.26-MariaDB

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-08-2017, 09:01 AM

I have a problem!
My computer runs on: Windows
I use this web browser: Google Chrome
My Problem: I seem to be getting the same thing Nephy is getting. All the same areas are malfunctioning for me. When I attempt to go to My Account, Mail, Friends, or Games, I am taken to this page. This was not occuring earlier today, but only just started in the last couple of hours for me. Occurs on my laptop and my phone.

Last edited by Suona; 12-08-2017 at 09:04 AM..