shandi b

Old 10-23-2009, 06:11 PM

its been a while but i was playing a game called siren and in the game you have to fight zombie like creatures called shibito.

well the shibito don't acutally die you hit them a few times and then they fall for a few minutes and get back up.

in one of the stages you play as a kid and if they get close enough to look at you, you die.

what makes this worse is she is slow and can't climb on any thing the adults can.

i had to play this one level 30 times before i figured out how to get past the shibito and all because i couldn't let them see me. in a game where there are creatures looking for and at you. it is stupid to die if they see you.

well that is all i'm gonna say about that game. i dont know if ill play it again or not but i have beaten it.

Lukahz

Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 AM

okay, the first time I played "Paper Mario and the thousand year door" I got a quarter way through the game without saving. now, does anyone in Canada remember that HUGE blackout a few years ago? yeah, I haven't played the game since.

Saiyouri
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-03-2009, 05:09 AM

SPOILERS
My husband just did that recently. He bought Fable 2, which is full of end game glitches. He chose to save his family at the end of the game. Well he saved up enough money to buy the mansion or castle and after he did his entire family was murdered. His wife and 5 kids. He got the scene where one of his kids was to become something great and he was going to become king someday.
He tried the game over 5 times to do it and every single time his family got murdered. He was fully pure and still this happened. No matter what he did they got killed. He said he wasn't going to go and do all that work to bring his family back, to save them just for them to all be killed. He spent a few hours trying to see if he can fix this, but nothing worked at all. And awhile after he sold it, I found out it was a glitch. And there are quite a few end game glitches as well. ; ;

hannah12319
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2009, 08:50 PM

ive not put this game down for good but twilight princess is rather difficult i love it but theres some bits what make me scream and shout :(

Feral Fantom
Ink Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Feral Fantom Send a message via MSN to Feral Fantom

Old 11-06-2009, 12:04 AM

well, one time I played Dofus ("free" MMORPG) and it has a subscription option and I figured I'd just play it without playing like most other games. And then I find out that not only does subscription affect getting some classes, but also 95% of areas are subscription only, and there are severe level caps on all levels. (including job levels)

Marenwen

Old 11-12-2009, 03:14 AM

Mass Effect. i was one the part with the blue lady and her goons. she kept throwing crates at me, i couldnt dodge or hide from then. i tried to hide but she would just pick up the crate i was hiding behind adn throw it at me. so after two weeks i dropped the game and sold it.

waytothedawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-12-2009, 04:10 AM

I actually quit playing Kingdom Hearts 1 for quite some time because I could not for the life of me get past Riku the second time at Hollow Bastion. Everytime I would get his health down to the last green bar and then suddenly poof I'm dead. I tried it atleast 10 times. So finally about a year or so after that I picked it back up again (after I beat Kingdom Hearts 2) and finally beat him. I was so happy, although I already knew what happened at the end I still felt that I had to complete it. Now I'm just stuck on Vexen in the PS2 version of Chain of Memories.

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 PM

KH-COM. It was so annoying. I couldn't stand how you had you play with cards and you had to go to a battle stage just to fight heartless. I liked watching my brother play it but i'm sort of amazed that he didn't get frusterated with it. XD

Saiyouri
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-21-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncat View Post
KH-COM. It was so annoying. I couldn't stand how you had you play with cards and you had to go to a battle stage just to fight heartless. I liked watching my brother play it but i'm sort of amazed that he didn't get frusterated with it. XD
I agree with you. I couldn't get past the first fight in the begining of the game. I never got past the begining for crying out loud. ; ; I am so glad the other ones coming out are not like that. There are 3 total coming out. One already did come out and I am so happy the battle systems don't use cards. I was going to get the new PS2 one, but then I realized it was Chain of Memories for the GBA in PS2 format with extra things, I thought it would be a good idea to skip that one completely. I don't like card battle systems. They suck and you can't figure them out at all.

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-23-2009, 10:59 PM

the one thing that makes me quit playing a game is just not knowing how to keep going! i have 2 old games that that has happened in, and i still can't figure them out. one is the old PS1 game Medievil. there is one part that i can't get past cuz i need a certain item that i don't know where to get it! i still don't know what to do! another game is the Gamecube version of Digimon World 4. i got to one point, and now i don't know what to do! it's been driving me crazy not being able to get past these two games!

LadyKikyo
I am known on some other sites a...

Old 11-26-2009, 06:45 PM

I totally forget what game it was now.... I traded it in because I just could not stand it after a while. But it was one where you had to repeatedly go back through the SAME exact area countless times no matter how far you got. I think it may have been a dungeon or labrynth type area but not sure now, it has been quite a while.

It is hard to make me totally give up on a game but it got really old going back through the same place even after you had gained 20+ levels and had no need of that area.... you just had to go back through it constantly to get anywhere else, and even though the things you were fighting were like 15 levels lower it did not matter, they still attacked. UGGGGGG

Right now I am playing Mana Khemia 2.... about to stop just because of Chloe's voice-over every time she is in batttle.... I probably will stick with it but geeez wish they could have given her more than one thing to say.... or at least something not as annoying!

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-27-2009, 11:40 PM

*glances at ps2 collection first* To start I still haven't beat KH, yet I've beaten KHII (I swear by a fluke cause I got stuck in it a number of times). In KH I'm still stuck on Ursula boss...I can't at all get her pattern down to actually get anywhere with her. Though I'm shocked I got past the Cerberus fight in it due to that's where I got stuck the first time I played it, wasn't until I had a friend play through it that time to help me get past it. I love KHII better due to Cerberus isn't such an ass kicker. However it was balanced out by having two XIII members that I had such a problem with it and then by fluke beat them finally(Demyx and Xaldin).
I have another game I can't recall off the top of my head, but everything is timed and if you screw it you die. And that's what the plot is about is beating time of every time someone would try to kill you, even in other time lines.

*glances down to her tiny 360 collection* My main gripe with Assassin's Creed at the moment is now my poor platforming skills is really drawn out by the fact that the mission I'm on I have to hop and dodge water...and Altair can't stand water if I happen to gently touch it. Oh thank god ACII the dude in there can SWIM!
Now the next game is one I've been told suck ass, but to me I like it due to I'm much further in it than I am Assassin's Creed. I've hit the point in Prototype that even in easy mode it became ungodly hard for me. It's where you have to destroy these generating gas tanks at a building that makes the gas. At best I can destroy one then nearly die every time after that. Now why am I caring if I die? I'm trying to do the beat the game with out dying achievement. Oh my god there are way to many things that do heavy damage to me. I keep trying to do the helicopter approach but every time I snag one I get a strike team shortly there after due to the helicopter I just took just got in its 'oh dear god help us strike force!' call in. This became worse than fighting Greene herself, least with that I'm not having the entire military effort right on me just cause I'm in their line of sight after doing some minor property destruction.

Master Shadow Kilo
Author/Poet
Send a message via ICQ to Master Shadow Kilo Send a message via AIM to Master Shadow Kilo Send a message via MSN to Master Shadow Kilo Send a message via Yahoo to Master Shadow Kilo

Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 PM

Oh, there were quite a few...

Baldur's Gate: hours of gameplay and still going nowhere. That was a long time ago so I forget exactly what got me going, but I think it had something to do with poor instructions and constantly having to look at a manual... I do not like relying on manuals.

Dungeon Lords: worst thing ever; false advertisement. The case made it sound like it had up to date standard graphics which were pretty good and of course the case looked great, but the in-game graphics sucked and it couldn't be enhanced anymore then it had been. Also, it said you could customize everything about your character... apparently "everything" means selecting race, hair, and skin and hair colors. I tried to return it, but Wal-Mart didn't want the game either. I wouldn't have minded if they were honest about it, but then again if they had been honest I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Dungeon Seige: another slow game, I like them fast paced.

Elder Scrolls, Morrowind: I liked the game, but it took to long to travel. I ended up setting the game aside until I found cheats and then sped things up allot. You shouldn't have to cheat to enjoy a game though. I liked how vast and detailed(for it's time) the game was, but I was much happier with Oblivion.

Minesweeper: that game that's on almost every computer... I don't think I have to explain why I don't play that one...

And that's just a few. The list goes on, but I think I'll stop there with listing the games.

In short what gets me to quit a game is: false advertisement, slow progression, lack of details or direction, and(in the case of minesweeper) math. A poor setup will also get me to quit, but usually I manage to work around that somehow.