Evil Overlord

Old 01-23-2012, 03:30 AM

Title: Imprinting
Characters: YJ Team + Batman + Red Tornado
Spoilers: Takes Place After Episode Six
Pairings: None
Warnings: None
Rating: K
Summary: "Are those ducks?" Artemis whispered. "I think so," Wally said. "Why are ducklings following Red Tornado?" Kaldur questioned. When ducklings invade...

-------------------------------------------------------

“Haha! I got you beat!”
“What no way! I want a rematch!”
“Ugh you two.”

The team was spread out in the entertainment room. Wally and Robin were challenging each other to a racing video game while the rest lounged on the couch. Kaldur held a book in his hand and Artemis was off to side trying to finish a homework assignment.

Just then Red Tornado walked into the room. “Batman wants all of you in the main room.”

“Okay,” the team chorused. They started to follow after Red Tornado when they noticed three yellow fuzz balls trailing after their advisor/babysitter.

“Are those ducks?” Artemis whispered.
“I think so,” Wally said.
“Why are ducklings following Red Tornado?” Kaldur questioned.
“Maybe he found them?” Robin suggested.
“I think they’re cute!” Megan giggled.
“I thought this was the wrong seasons for ducklings,” Superboy said.

---------

Conner was at a nearby park waiting for Megan to finish her cheerleading practice. He was passing by the pond just in time to see three ducklings hatch from their eggs. “Huh, cute,” he said.

Then he checked his watched and saw that Megan’s practice should be over. Conner walked back onto the field just as Megan waved goodbye from her teammates.

“There you are Conner!” she said with a bright smile. “Sorry for making you wait.”

Then Megan looked down toward the ground. “Oh, ducklings!”

Conner looked down to see the same ducks he had seen at the pond had followed him back to school. “They must have followed me from the park,” he said. He scratched his head, unsure what to do.

“We’ll take them back then,” Megan said.

-Half an Hour Later-

Kaldur sighed. He looked at his two alien teammates. Megan held in her hands two little ducklings while the last one wandered around Conner’s feet.

“Can we keep them?” Megan asked.

Conner at least looked sheepish. “They kinda followed me home.”

Resisting the urge to slam his hand to his forehead, Kaldur merely sighed again. “I guess.”

----------------

“Robin.”
“Yes?”
“What are you doing?”
“Giving the ducklings some new clothes.”

Indeed. Robin had gathered the six ducklings into a box and was dressing them. So far one had a black shirt with the s-shield on it. Another one a little cape and the Robin insignia on it. Kaldur could see a red shirt, a green mask, a white shirt with a red x and a yellow shirt with a lightning bolt.

“And those two?” Kaldur asked. He pointed to the two newest ducks standing next to the Robin duckling. One had a Batman cowl and the other was wearing a suit and a small domino mask.

“Bat!Duckling and A!Duckling.”

“A!Duckling?”

Robin waved his hand absentmindedly. “Agent A, you’ll meet him one day.”

“And where did you get those two ducklings?”
“Bought them at the store.”
“Why?”
“Because we can’t have team ducklings without a Bat!Duckling. And you don’t know it yet, but you can’t have a Bat!Duckling and Robin!Duckling without an A!Duckling.”
“… I see…”

-----------

“When did Kid Mouth’s duckling get shoes?”
“I put them on and his new name is Speedy!”
“…”

The entire team looked at Wally. “What!” the speedster protested. “Roy gave up rights to that name!”

“…”

-------------

Batman grumbled as he walked into a room in the Hall of Justice. It was time for the weekly meeting of the Justice League. It was more of a ‘let’s hang out!’ party though.

“Bruce, what do you have following you?” Barry asked.

Batman looked down to see two ducklings rolling in his cape. He sighed. “Ask Red Tornado,” he grumbled. Just then the red robot walked in three ducklings following after him.

Barry blinked. “Okay…”

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-23-2012, 05:28 AM

Seito~ Hiya! The concept is good/ funny about ducklings imprinting on different members of the cast. I enjoyed the little outfits and the bit of chaos that happened. Especially, Batman with duckling minions! >D However, it left me a bit confused. I'm familiar with and a fan of superheroes, but I'm unfamiliar with all of the cast in this show. The scene breaks left me floundering and still wondering who is who...and wait where did that person come from and how they relate to everyone else. I would suggest fleshing the characters out a little more for a general audience that may not know all of the characters and their relationships with each other. Although, I know fans of the show would catch on quickly.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-23-2012, 05:31 AM

*nibbles on snow*

Ah that's actually a good point. *has never really considered that before* Thanks Snow 8D <3 shall keep that in mind next time

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-23-2012, 06:23 AM

Definitely! :'3

Ah...there isn't going to be much left!

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-23-2012, 10:39 PM

This made me giggle. It's a cute little fan fiction the way it is now. I do agree though, if I didn't know the characters tehn I'd be a bit confused.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-24-2012, 02:41 AM

*nods* Yeah. I rarely post outside fanfiction outside of it's given meme/forum/etc so everyone should know the characters otherwise wouldn't be there. xD So it's nice to know that outside of the given fandom that it's something I should probably work on. xDD