Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 08-06-2012, 11:27 PM

Spun Snake is my take on what would have happened if Harry developed a friendship with the spiders of his cupboard and, later, the snake in his aunt's garden. Of course, the fact that the two species are enemies would make his task of befriending both of them more tricky!

That friendship will urge him to like gardening better and maybe even induce in him an habit of not always take things at face value. Herbology, Potion and Care of Magical Creature will be his favorite subject.

Harry Potter is the propriety of J.K. Rowling, Scholastic and Warner Bros. I own nothing but the plot!

Last edited by Artsydaze; 08-06-2012 at 11:35 PM..

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 PM

Table of Content

Chapter One: Spiders
Chapter Two: Snakes
Chapter Three: Enmity
Chapter Four: Threat
Chapter Five: Truce
Chapter Six: Magical
Chapter Seven: Home
Chapter Eight: Learning
Chapter Nine: Friendships

The Chapters are subject to change and will multiply as I get a better grasp of my plot and reacquaint myself with the Harry Potter Series.

Last edited by Artsydaze; 08-06-2012 at 11:54 PM..

Artsydaze
Full-Time Daydreamer

Old 08-06-2012, 11:52 PM

Chapter One: Spiders

Young Harry Potter was quite a strange boy and those living in Privet Drive could attest to this fact quite well.

Strange things could always be found near the boy, and in a normal, proper neighbourhood such as Little Whinging, such things were unacceptable! Why, the Dursley family had no peace at all since Harry, then but an infant, was dropped on their doorstep that November night shortly after the death of the boy's Freak parents. The young Potter, now four years of age, did not know why all those strange events came to be, however, and found the Dursleys quite strange in turn.

Harry could not understand why his aunt shrieked whenever she caught sight of the spiders who shared the cupboard under the stairs where he slept, and found the way the both his Uncle Vernon and his Aunt Petunia were so eager to kill his eight legged friends whenever they caught sight of them quite uncalled for. His cousin, Dudley, he could understand the motives, though, as he was quite the bully.

His relatives where unnecessarily cruel to his only friends.

They did not do anything wrong, in fact, they kept the lonely boy company when he was sequestrated in his cupboard at night or when he did not do his chores to his relatives' standard – as he was wont to do.

Deep into the night, his tiny friends seemed to understand him, spinning pretty, delicate webs that shone in the faint moonlight filtering through the gap in the cramped cupboard's door and tickling him with their spindly legs, as if to tuck him in his ratty cot. Harry wondered if those feeling he got in those times where what he would have felt would his parents were still of this world...

Harry found spiders quite pretty and interesting. They could be as small as ants of as big as a plate – he saw those when he sneaked a peak at Dudley's TV one afternoon! The thing he found most interesting about his friend, however, was the astounding range of colours and pattern they could sport, from the darkest of black to the brightest of white, passing through crimson and verdant green in the process.

The boy would ofter talk to them about his day, and could swore they understood him, at time, though they could not talk back. Even though he loved and carved their company, he could not help but wish that he had someone or even something that could talk to him...

Last edited by Artsydaze; 08-07-2012 at 01:22 AM..