Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 05-17-2010, 06:12 AM

“It is with great sorrow that I have to inform you that it was lady Clearwater Shayland’s child that disappeared.” Patting the horse nose she sighed. “this is not the first ones that are rumored to have disappeared. The Courts go to war over the fallen prince of the Twilight Meadows court, the Unseelie claimed that we stole the child but none of the knights were even close to where the child disappeared.” Her cat like eyes show a worry that rarely was seen in the Sidhe.
“I also hunt the case of a child, four in fact.” The knight’s faces glowed a disgust and hatred for the mistreatment of human children. “Sadly it is not their disappearances that I fallow but their deaths.” Whispers sprang up among the knights. In the land of the Sidhe the death of a child was the worst things one could do, if the killer was caught they would face a painful and long death. “At what time did the lady rowan disappear from this grove?”
“Lady Rowan disappeared from this grove,” she stopped to think of the right time frame to say when she never had to really deal with time in this undying land. “I believe that it would have been last night in your world.”
“And where was the young price found?” Law’whyn sighed; it looked like this case was now out of Ina jurisdiction. She was not going to like it.
“Why how did you know that he had been found?” she was surprised that he would jump that quickly to the answer. Maybe he had spent too much time in the human lands but he now could see how the elves had become stagnate.
“You said the fallen prince.” Without a word she got back up to her mount and pointed him to a horse that had just arrived.
“I will show you where all of them have been found.” Her voice was cold and he know that when she found the killer she was going to take great pleasure on drawing out the sentence of death.
It turned out that after a bit of asking questions the children who had been found disappeared from a point where a child’s death was in the human world. So by that logic Lew’whyn surmised that where the Sidhie children were found dead should match up to where the human child disappeared from.
Getting back to a proper gate inspector Lewis walked back into the human world. His clothes became his suit that he had been wearing and he hailed a cab. This was going to be a long week. He dialed Ina’s number.

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2010, 06:20 AM

Ina was growing a bit impatient she needed to spread out everything that she had gathered so far. Hell the way things were looking it was clear that most if not all her work would be down in her own hotel room. There was this nagging feeling in the back of her mind that she was missing something important. She had learned earlier on that there wasn't always a motive behind why something was killing. There had to be something that she was missing perhaps it was in an old case. Truth was she didn't know if they had all the cases recorded which meant there was a chance of something very important missing from everything. Just as he mind began to wander her phone rang.
"Hello?" she muttered into the phone. Her hand was busy scribbling down every stray idea that came to her mind about this case.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-17-2010, 06:26 AM

"this is inspector Lewis," his voice had an odd accent to it that she had not noticed before. "I went back to the crimescean in Hyde park, how much do you know about the Veil and the Neverwhere?"

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 AM

"enough to be annoyed when my sister feels the need to go into extremely long winded uneed explanations about it and what not." Ina said with a sigh. "Why is there something that I need to know?" She was a bit curious as to why he had brought up the veil and neverwhere.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-17-2010, 06:35 AM

" you brought to my attention the chance that this could have had something to do with the Neverwhere and that is when I noticed the rip in the Veil. I checked in Hyde park and found the same rip just only smaller. one that had been there for longer then the one at the wheel. when I went through it I found a Wild Hunting party, looking for a lost child. I would not be surprised where the Sidhe child was found dead is where our human children were stolen from."

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2010, 06:43 AM

" Damn it." Ina growled into the phone. "I assume that you are on your way back to pick me up? either way whatever killed those kids came in contact with Mrs. Ross.....Which is cause complications to say the least." Elven children were involved and that just ticked her off more. It meant she need to solve this quickly before it cause more issues, big issues the kind that spelled trouble for everyone.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-17-2010, 06:52 AM

"yes I am.... once I find my car." pausing for a moment Lewis sighed. "would you rather I just get some one to pick you up and take you back to the station or your hotel?"

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2010, 06:55 AM

"Yes send someone to pick me up and take me to my Hotel....There won't be much of this that i will be able to work at the station." Ina said in an exhausted tone. The clock was ticking and the sad thing was she had no idea how much time was even on the clock to begin with.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-18-2010, 01:31 AM

“Alright I will have some one swing by and pick you up. Just call my office with your room number when you have it.” Walking towards where he had last seen the car he finished his phone call. “Talk to you latter inspector Ina.” With that he hung up his phone.

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-18-2010, 03:45 AM

Flipping her cell closed she headed out to the front of the hospital to wait for her ride. It was going to be a long night looking up at the sky she watched as dark storm clouds rolled in. Than as she looked up at the sky she watched a black bird fly over head. Just as she was about to look away she realized what kind of bird it was. A single raven had flown above her. What was it that Una had always told her.
One for bad news,

Two for mirth.

Three is a wedding,

Four is a birth.

Five is for riches,

Six is a thief.

Seven, a journey,

Eight is for grief.

Nine is a secret,

Ten is for sorrow.

Eleven is for love,

Twelve - joy for tomorrow

If it wasn't for the fact she had learned the hard way not to ignore omens she would have shook the sighting off. Una swore that the day that Ina was born she had seen four outside the window of her classroom. This was bad...all bad.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-20-2010, 02:39 AM

Hanging up he mentally thought through who would be the best person to call for her driver. Should he call one of the officers of his Scotland Yard squid or should he call and hire one of the other drivers. As he walked he ticked through all the different drivers who might be a good fit for her. As he reached his car Inspector Lewis nodded then flipped open his phone and dialed.
“Quick Run Drivers how can we assisted you?” the young voice on the other end seemed to echo through the line.
“It Lewis,” waiting he could hear the phone switch over to the second line at the shop.
“Quick Run this is Aaminah how can I help you.” The new voice was rich and husky, one might think that you would have smoke coming out of the phone.
“Need a driver, pick up at the hospital, SI is paying.” Lewis smiled, he had hope that she would be there. No matter who it was that was doing these killings Ina would be safe.
“Lew! Long time no hear from.” The phone switched shoulders as it sounded like she got more comfortable. “How long you need me?”
“For as long as the case takes.”
“Well good thing you’re not relying on what I owe you for your gift of my freedom.” Her voice had a lilt to it. “When am I needed to pick you up, or is it another inspector?”
“You’re picking up another inspector she is already ready to go, need to take her to the Yard Hotel.”
“Got it,” Lewis waited for a few moments as the other side went quiet. “got her, what’s her name?”
“Inspector Ina. It may be a good idea for you to go in uniform.” He let out a breath that he had not known he had been holding. “The case is murder of both Sidhe and human children.” A sharp intake of breath was all that was heard from the other side of a few moments.
“And you have a line on this scum?” her voice had become cold as ice.
“no but she may, Inspector Ina may also need your help in crossing the veil to see the other side, I know she is a mage but I don’t know in what field she studied in.” claiming into his car he felt better.
“What ever she needs I will provide for her, but you do know if she pulls out that seal I am so out of there and your SI is going to owe me enough gold that I won’t need to work for the next few centuries.”
“That is understood and thank you for your aid.” Hanging up Lewis smiled. No matter what Ina tried to do she could never lose Aaminah.
Aaminah hung up the phone and popped out of her ring. It had been a hard time getting the line into the ring but it had been worth it. Looking around the car she sighed, maybe with this job she would get a new car. Sighing she pulled a bunch of magic from around the shop and changed the car. It had been a fine limo but now it looked like a simple four door sedan that would have fit in quite well with the fleet of cars in any police garage. “Really need to stop changing you, next thing I know you will be falling apart from stress.” Turning on the car she let it purr for a little while. Then she drove out of the garage and off to the hospital. Lucky for her mages could never tell when a Djinn had used magic to change something.

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2010, 02:57 AM

Ina was growing impatient as she waited for her ride to the hotel. At this point it might have been easier to just get a cab. Yet than she would have had to pay attention to everything. It seemed that jet lag was starting to set in. Rolling her shoulders she sighed. As tired as she was there wasn't time for her to sleep. When she got to the hotel she would have to make her self some of the tea her mother always sent her. She was half tempted to call her sisters and have them to come out here and help. At the very least she was sorely tempted to call Lina out. Just than her phone rang. Looking down at it she smiled slightly, Lina always knew when she needed someone to talk to.
"Lina, it must be late where you are." Ina said softly.
"Oh, it is but i was not sleeping...how can i sleep when i keep hearing bad things in my dreams." Lina said in her typically airy voice. "You will be careful my little puppy?"
Ina couldn't help but roll her eyes at the old nickname that her sister had for her. "I am always careful Nia, always."
"I know, but whatever you are hunting is dangerous...very dangerous." Lina's voice for the first time that Ina could remember sounded worried. "I worry that you are not going to think straight..."
"Nia, I have to solve this and get rid of this thing....has taken yōsei children." Ina was careful to mention the fae using japanese in case she was over heard.
"umm....I will speak with some others puppy, and i will see what i can see." Lina said with a determined tone. "You be careful, Una saw something the other night that is making her uneasy...she has tried to talk mom into allowing her to fly to where you are."
"I will have my books here, Nia. Tell Una that i will be safe and careful. If i need any of you i will call." Ina said gently. As crazy as her family was she loved them and they her. If it was a dangerous as her sisters seemed to think it was than she wouldn't dream of having them here where they could get in the way and possibly get hurt. "I love you all." With that she hung up the phone. Just than she noticed a sedan pull up.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-20-2010, 03:27 AM

Stepping out of the car Aaminah pulled on the officer’s cap. “Sorry madam, I got caught in an accident and had to help a woman before backup came.” Opening the passenger’s side door she held out her hand. “I am officer Aaminah. I am to be your driver for the remainder of your time here. I have been informed that I am to do or get whatever you need for your investigation.”

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2010, 03:33 AM

"Right, All i need is a quick ride to my hotel." Ina said quickly. It wasn't that she meant to be rude, she was just tired and frustrated. Climbing into the car she buckled quickly and leaned her head back against the head rest. It was taking a lot of work just to keep her eyes open.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-20-2010, 03:41 AM

“As you wish Madam.” Shutting the door she thought of how much Lewis would owe her if this lady kept up this attitude. Walking to the driver’s side she noticed that inspector Ina seemed tired. She shook her head as she climbed in. “is there anything you would like me to stock the car with?”

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2010, 03:56 AM

"No, nothing is needed..." Ina said with a sigh. "I have everything i need on me..." She had never understood why people felt the need to have weird things inside cars. As far as she was concerned this was a job and not some vacation that meant you got luxuries such as cars stocked with things. "Actually i haven't eaten since before i got on my flight...So if there is a place we can get some chips or something on the way to the hotel that would be perfect."

Lunna Dea

Old 05-20-2010, 04:01 AM

“do you mind street food?” pulling out of the drive way the city seemed to fold as they drove around. Ina could tell there was magic in use but she could not put her finger on it.

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2010, 01:42 AM

"No, I just need something quick to eat." Ina said with a frown as she turned her gaze to her driver. She was about to just straight up ask what magic was in work, but she changed her mind. After all it didn't matter all that much in any case.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-21-2010, 01:46 AM

Turning a corner Aaminah brought the car to a stop next to a street vender. The vender had a sign on his cart advertising the best fish and chips in the area. “Do you want anything on your fish? He douses them in lemon if you like it that way; it’s the best way to have them.” Aaminah opened the door and waited for Ina’s replay.

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2010, 02:04 AM

"Lemon is fine." Ina said with a disinterested tone. Her mind was once again going over everything that she knew about the case. Once in the hotel she knew that she was going to have call her boss. It was not a call that she wanted to make. The worst part was she was going to have to find out more about the sidhe children. She was not liking that it was looking like she would have to cross the veil. That however was not something that she was going to do until she was well rested.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-21-2010, 02:19 AM

Climbing out of the car Aaminah cast a basic wish spell. Everything that Ina wanted to be ready in her room or what she would need in her room was there, other than living beings. Living being was the one thing that Aaminah could not move without their permission, everything else was created by her magic or moved by her magic.
“Ah Aaminah, I see they have you driving again.” The vender said as he pulled out a bag of chips and fish. Pouring on some lemon juice he held it out. “One or two?”
“Two my passenger is hungry and can’t wait till we get to the hotel.” The vender smiled a knowing smile.
“Well ya brought her to the right place.” He again pulled out a bag of chips and fish. The fine smelling steam rolled off them. Handing over some bills Aaminah took the two bags and smiled.
“Thanks, you’re always the best.” Climbing back into the car Aaminah handed one of the bags over to Ina. “There you go, the best fish and chips in London.”

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2010, 02:43 AM

"thank you." She said quickly before digging into her food. It was really good.

(my brain is dead....sorry)

Lunna Dea

Old 05-21-2010, 02:52 AM

Smiling Aaminah took a bite of the fish before putting it into a holder designed to hold the bag. There was a second one next to it just in case the passenger needed one. “he is a God at making fish and chips. I have been all over the world and not found a better maker.” Looking over at Ina Aaminah turned on the car again. “by the way I am with SI not Scotland Yard. Any magic you need doing I can do, any weird creature you need bashing I will happily bash.” Turning onto the street she snagged a chip and munched on it. “I had your hotel room set up with what you need for this investigation. If you need anything else just tell me.” And with that they pulled into the parking lot of the Yard Hotel. “Here is my number call me any time you need me. Don’t worry about wakening me up, I don’t sleep. Also you may want to check with the front desk before going up, Lewis may have a note for you there.”

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2010, 03:26 AM

Ina tried to smile when she heard that Aaminah was part of SI. sure the help would be nice but that didn't change the fact that she hated working with others. "I may need you to part the veil for me at some point...but anything else i can and will handle myself." Ina said evenly. By the time they had gotten to the parking lot she had already finished her food. Taking the number she unbuckled and climbed out of the car. "of course." With that she headed into the hotel. Stopping at the front desk she smiled at the man working the desk.
"I am checking in I should have a suit under the name Ina Ululani." She said firmly.
"Of course." With a few taps on the keyboard the man found her reservation. After a few moments he pulled out her room keys. "here are your room keys Ma'am."
"Are their any messages for me?" Ina asked.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-21-2010, 03:34 AM

"Yes madam, I have a note here form an inspector Lewis." the desk Clark handed over a cream colored envelope. "will that be all madam?"