Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 07-20-2011, 09:09 AM

A little one shot I wrote to go along with this picture. :) I hope you like it!
~I DO NOT OWN ASSASSIN'S CREED OR EZIO AUDITORE. I AM IN NO WAY MAKING MONEY OFF OF THIS~

*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a warm, sunny afternoon in Venice. The kind that coaxed people from their homes for a stroll or to get that pesky to-do list done. The only set back was the wind. It was a little rough, but no one seemed to mind. The sun had coaxed one young woman in particular from her home that afternoon; Adrina Moretti.

Dressed in a teal and gold gown, cut in the ways of the times, Adrina decided to take a stroll near the docks on the way to the market. Holding her parasol up to shield her from the sun, she strolled along, clutching her purse in her other hand. Her brown hair fluttered in the wind as she walked, making her smile some.

Suddenly, a gust of wind picked up so quickly that Adrina lost her grip on her precious pink parasol. It flew from her hand and hit the ground, bouncing harshly down the street. She chased after it, begging it to stop and come back to her. Of course, it didn't listen. Darn thing.

To Adrina's horror, it bounced and rolled down to the end of a dock jutting out in to the water and rolled right off. Adrina rushed to the end of the dock and peered over it. Her parasol lay upside down in the water, just within reach, she figured.

Adrina knew it was a gamble; she couldn't swim, but she wanted it back. A thought in the back of her mind rang loudly, 'You can buy another one.' She considered this for all of a moment and shook her head, answering her thoughts back, 'No, I want that one.'

Getting to her knees, Adrina took hold of the short post at the end of the dock and set her purse down. She leaned dangerously low over the edge of the dock, stretching her hand out as far as possible. No such luck. With a huff, she scooted to the very edge of the dock and leaned down again. Her fingers just barely brushed the handle. 'Almost there!' she thought desperately.

She brushed the handle again and in a moment of triumph, it started to float closer to her hand. In her excitement, she leaned a little further out in an attempt to scoop up her lost parasol, only to sway dangerously and lose what little balance she had. She tipped head first into the river, all thought leaving her panicked mind.

The heavy brocade dress that she wore was weighing her down. She kicked and thrashed, trying in vain to keep her head above water, but it was useless. She managed to get a few gulps of air down her water clogged throat and forced out a few strained cries, hoping a passing soul could hear her. In her mind, her life flashed before her as her thrashes and kicks became steadily weaker. She wasn't going to last much longer against the soaked fabric of her gown. It was dragging her to the bed of the river.

In her panic, Adrina barely noticed the arm that wrapped around her middle. She was hauled up to the surface like a rag doll and a voice sounded in her ear.

"It's alright! I've got you!"

She kicked and wriggled until she felt solid ground beneath her back. She had been hoisted up onto the shore next to the dock she had fallen off of. She rolled onto her side, coughing and sputtering harshly. Once all of the water was out of her lungs, she flopped onto her back.

It was then that she noticed what crouched above her. A man. A very attractive man. His chestnut brown hair was soaked, as was his beautiful olive skin. His golden eyes gazed down into her honey colored ones and he smiled. He was an angel. He had to be. Adrina took a shaky breath and squirmed beneath the angel that had saved her life.

"I am glad to see you are alright, signorina," he purred to her.

All Adrina could do was smile up at him like a fool.

"What happened, tesora?" he asked gently.

"I was leaning over the dock and fell off," Adrina said.

"Now, why would you do something silly like that?" he asked, reaching up to stroke her face.

She smiled, color rushing to her cheeks, "I lost my parasol."

He tutted gently and shook his head, "Silly woman."

He helped her to her feet, then back up to the dock, though she was too jelly-legged to walk home by herself. Her angel had no complaint when she asked for help. After putting his shirt and tunic back on and retrieving her purse, he picked her up and carried her like a princess to her home.

Along the way, he spoke suddenly, "So, does my sirena have a name?"

Adrina let out a small, girlish giggle, "Adrina."

Her angel smiled, "Beautiful."

When he put her on her doorstep, the servants of the house rushed out to meet them, exclaiming with horror at her current state.

Before he could get away, she called to him, "Wait!"

He turned back toward her, a soft smile on his lips, "Yes?"

"Does my angelo have a name?"

He smiled broadly and bowed slightly to her.

"Ezio Auditore."

A week after the terrifying ordeal, a parcel arrived at the house for Adrina. It was a brand new, pink parasol. This one looked just like her old one, save for one difference. This one had a silk loop attached to the handle. The note that came with it said nothing except:

"From your Angelo."

*~*~*~*~*~*

Signorina = Miss

Tesora = Sweetheart

Sirena = Mermaid

Angelo = Angel

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Last edited by Squidie64; 08-03-2011 at 04:43 AM..