Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-15-2009, 11:48 PM

Welcome to Cricket's sexy harem party!
I'll be your sexalicious host, Cricket!
And your second host will be the ever-super-sexalicious Kannanomaly!

Things to know about the hosts:

Cricket - Cricket is male, that's all you need to know about gender. He has a common-buying addiction that makes him cry sometimes because he's a silly little insect that wants CIs and EIs and can't hold on to his gold long enough to get them.

Cricket is addicted to roleplaying and is often times referred to as a 'roleplay whore', and sometimes jokes that he most likely has roleplaying STDs. Remember kids: practice safe roleplaying!

Kannanomaly - She's sexy. She's sweet, she's loving, and creative. She's also one of Cricket's roleplay partners and Cricket loves her very muchly. (More information to come after she gets back online. ^^;; )

About this thread - This is a place for us to hangout and have fun and hold contests. The only prizes for our contests are bragging rights, though. Unless someone donates prizes to our cause. (But why do there have to be prizes? What happened to just being happy with winning?)

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-19-2009 at 03:49 PM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-15-2009, 11:48 PM

Rules:

1) Follow the ToS.
2) Cricket and Kanna rule this roost.
3) This is a literate-only zone. What this means is that if you're going to post in here, then you have to:
- Use proper grammar/punctuation.
- Spell out your words. Only very minimal chatspeak is allowed in here (Wtf, Brb, Bbl, BBQ, and the occasional Omg). None of that 'Dnt b h8n' crap. That also means no l33t sp34k.
- Spell correctly to the best of your ability. Don't get angry if someone points out a misspelling.
- Emotes are not periods. They might be round, but they are not in fact, a form of acceptable punctuation.
- Don't press enter after every sentence or in the middle of sentences. It's annoying. That being said, don't write giant blocks of text. Long posts are welcome here, but please use double-spaced paragraph form (because Cricket's eyes can't handle a huge wall of text that isn't spaced out when reading on the computer).
4) Respect our rules. Failure to do so is disrespectful to the hosts and anyone in the thread that's following the rules.
5) If you want to partake in one of the contests, please read the rules for the appropriate contest and follow them. If you don't, your entry won't be accepted, and Cricket holds no obligation to tell you whether or not it has been. That's up to you, so please pay attention.
6) Do not glorify recreational drug usage, drunkenness, or risky sexual behavior (playing around and joking about risky sexual behavior is alright, but if you're seriously discussing it and glorifying it, you'll be asked to leave). If you have a signature endorsing any of these things (that includes pictures of marijuana leaves, avatars/people/characters smoking joints, etc), either don't show it in this thread or do not post.
7) Cussing is allowed, trolling is not.
8) The hosts hold the right to change any and all rules as they see fit, and without warning.
9) You can enter any of the contests. Entering one doesn't disqualify you from entering the others.

The prizes for the contests are bragging rights. That's right, if you enter you'll be entering only so you can tell people you won the contest(s), and for nothing else. Winning is winning, it should make you feel good even if there isn't a snazzy item in it for you.

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-19-2009 at 03:50 PM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-15-2009, 11:49 PM

Cricket's art request:

Avatars Cricket would like drawn:

Cricket would also like a couple original characters drawn.

Gavin Turner:
Twenty-six, brown hair, not super short but not long by any means. Usually messy, and when he can afford it, he buys bright orange hair dye and dyes his hair in his bathroom sink. He also dyes his eyebrows when he dyes his hair.

He's not rich by far, which can be seen by the condition of his clothing. He likes the color orange, but generally wears browns and sometimes greens. On a very rare occasion he'll smoke, and sometimes wears yellowish-brown tinted glasses. His eyes are a soft shade of brown.

He also has a brown tabby cat named Tiki that he loves very much.

Amani Siiya:
Twenty-one, intelligent, purple eyes. His hair is long and ginger, coming down to at least his hips. His bangs, which are the same length as the rest of his hair, are silver. He loves to dress eccentrically, his favorite colors being purples, black, white, and grays.

He always wears a leather choker that matches his outfit, always with a silver charm of a dove with its wings outspread.

He has a dark ginger and white tuxedo cat named Musa.

More characters might be added later. (The descriptions might look familiar. I took them from my freebie request thread and edited them slightly. I recall last event being allowed to copy and paste for the set up of a thread for appearance sake, after asking the staff about it. If the staff has any problems with this post, I will quote it.)

Kanna's art request:

Kanna-as her current avatar.
Schizophrenic Cricket- as his current avatar.

OCs:
~Phoelo: Male. 6'2. Short, emoish black hair. Dark brown eyes. Muscular build. Cocky attitude with a soft side. 22ish.

~Mona: Female. 5'6. Long, black hair that she wears in a high ponytail. sharp, intimidating red eyes. Slender build, modest curves. 'fuck you' attitude but not as strong as she might appear. 18ish. Smokes constantly without cigarettes. Reference: #1 #2 Ask me about details on piercings and tattoos. She's a complicated character.

~Alobe: Top half male/bottom half female. 5'7. Short, blue hair and pink bangs. Left eye pink, right eye green. Lanky, stringy build. Passive attitude that's sweet and quiet. 16ish. Reference: #1

PM Kanna for details or clarification.

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-17-2009 at 04:42 PM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-15-2009, 11:49 PM

Art Contest

Hello, I've decided I want to have an art contest. Unfortunately, I have a common buying addiction, so the only prize will be bragging rights. That sound okay?

Rules:
1) It must be your own creation, and must not have existed before this contest.
2) It must be Menewsha related. Artwork of the shops on the shop map, NPCs, avatars, or items here on the site.
3) If your artwork is of someone's avatar, please make it clear who's avatar it's of.
4) If it's discovered that what you're submitting is not your own, you will be reported for art theft.
5) You may enter as many times as you'd like.
6) If by chance, you're drawing avatar art, please make sure to give it to the person you're drawing. Everyone loves avatar art. ^_^
7) Use the form to submit your entry. (Post the form in the thread. No not PM it.)

The Entry Form:
Code:
[COLOR="YellowGreen"][B][size=5]I WANNA BE AN ARTIST WHEN I GROW UP![/size][/B][/COLOR]
[B]Username:[/B] [Insert here]
[B]Description of entry:[/B] [Insert here]
[B]Entry:[/B] [Insert image here]

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-16-2009 at 01:01 PM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-15-2009, 11:50 PM

Art Contest Entries

This is where we'll stick all of the art contest entries. Yup. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Muffins View Post
I WANNA BE AN ARTIST WHEN I GROW UP!
Username: Sushi Muffins
Description of entry: Kannanomaly's avi
Entry: This one here...

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-17-2009 at 05:51 AM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Poetry Contest

Rules:

1) Must be your own work.
2) Do not use old poetry, write something specifically for this contest.
3) It can be about anything.
4) If you use contractions without apostrophes in them (dont, cant, wont, didnt, rather than don't, can't, won't, didn't) your entry will be ignored.
5) If you are found to be using one of your older works, your entry will not count.
6) If you are found to be using someone else's works, you will be reported for plagiarism.
7) Entries may not exceed 1000 words.
8) You may enter up to four poems.
9) Use the form to submit your entry. (Post the form in the thread. No not PM it.)

The Entry Form:
Code:
[color="royalblue"][b][size=5]I WANNA BE A POET WHEN I GROW UP![/size][/b][/color]
[b]Username:[/b] [Insert here]
[b]Description of entry:[/b] [Insert here]
[b]Entry:[/b] [Insert poem here]

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-16-2009 at 01:02 PM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Poetry Contest Entries

This is where we'll stick the poetry contest entries. -Nodnod-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyme Traveler View Post
I WANNA BE A POET WHEN I GROW UP!
Username: Thyme Traveler
Description of entry: Peom about crickets in the evening. There's a secret message in there for Cricket, as well- can he find it? ^_^
Entry:

Evening Minstrels

In the summer, in the twilight
Night softly overwhelms day
Silent minstrels take their places
At the closing of the day
Now from depths of deep'ning shadows
Eloquent melodies arise
Crickets singing songs of evening
Rhapsodies to velvet skies
In the wee hours of morning
Calmly do they quiet down
Know they that their show is ending
Even so, their song unfaltering
Tiny minstrels herald dawn

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-17-2009 at 05:05 PM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-15-2009, 11:51 PM

Writing Contest

Rules:
1) Must be your own work.
2) Do not use old stories, write something specifically for this contest.
3) It can be about anything.
4) Entries where chatspeak and/or contractions without apostrophes ('dont, cant, wont, didnt', rather than 'don't, can't, won't, didn't') will be ignored. Capitalize the first letter of every sentence and of characters' names. Misuse of grammar/punctuation will not be accepted.
5) If you are found to be using one of your older works, your entry will not count.
6) If you are found to be using someone else's works, you will be reported for plagiarism.
7) Entries must be between 200 and 5000 words. (If you are only a handful of words short of the minimum, or a handful over of the maximum, it's alright.)
8) You may enter up to two stories.
9) Use the form to submit your entry. (Post the form in the thread. No not PM it.)

The Entry Form:
Code:
[color="darkorchid"][b][size=5]I WANNA BE AN AUTHOR WHEN I GROW UP![/size][/b][/color]
[b]Description of entry:[/b] [Insert here]
[b]Entry:[/b] [Insert story here]

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Writing Contest Entries

And... This is where we'll stick the writing contest entries.

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-16-2009 at 07:35 AM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Rules:

1) Must be your own avatar.
2) You have to host your own image and link to it. I will judge what I see.
3) Do not save it as a jpeg, or any sort of file other than png because most other files save in ways that make it look ugly. (The easiest way to save your avatar's image and host it is to right click on your avatar, click 'copy link location' and then upload to photobucket through the url. The image on photobucket won't change when you change your avatar.)
4) You may enter up to five different avatars.
5) No avatar edits (this includes recolors).
6) Entering the exact same avatar more than once is pointless, so please don't do it.
7) No naked or almost-naked (almost naked meaning newbie appearing) avatars.
8) Use the form to submit your entry. (Post the form in the thread. No not PM it.)

The Entry Form:
Code:
[color="yellow"][b][size=5]I WANNA BE PRETTY WHEN I GROW UP![/size][/b][/color]
[b]Entry:[/b] [Insert image of avatar here]

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

And this is where we'll stick all of the pretty avatar contest entries!

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-16-2009 at 07:46 AM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-15-2009, 11:52 PM

Art That We've Received

By Kierys. <3

By Kerryfox. <3

By Sushi Muffins. <3

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-17-2009 at 05:51 AM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-15-2009, 11:52 PM

Love List

Kierys
Kerryfox
Saelia
Sushi Muffins
.Simplicity.
Iltu
Spanish Leek Squared
Silenia
~[Phoenix]~
FeyonaSaibre
Merrihop
Thyme Traveler

Hate List

[No one, let's keep it this way.]

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 02-19-2009 at 03:51 PM..

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-16-2009, 01:03 AM

-Cuts ribbon- Alright, you can post while I finish setting up.

Kannanomaly
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Kannanomaly Send a message via MSN to Kannanomaly

Old 02-16-2009, 01:19 AM

Wow. Do you think we'll get lots of people? I hope we do...I'm kinda hungry, after all. *stomach grumbles*

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-16-2009, 01:20 AM

I hope we get lots of people, too. XD

But I should really finish setting up. I'll get back to it after I post for you.

Kannanomaly
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-16-2009, 01:23 AM

Okie dokie. I'll be here, sharpening my knives.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 AM

D'aww. Do we have to eat our visitors? XD

Kannanomaly
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-16-2009, 01:44 AM

Well, you don't have to. Personally, I enjoy numming on lovely people. They're all so scrumptious.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-16-2009, 01:46 AM

Numming is one thing, outright eating them is another. =S

Kannanomaly
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-16-2009, 01:50 AM

...Well if I eat all of them, there'll be nothing left to sex with!

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-16-2009, 01:56 AM

But with knives!?

Kannanomaly
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-16-2009, 01:59 AM

...*looks down at the blades with shame* ...just a few cuts...you know...a finger or two.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-16-2009, 03:22 AM

But I like my fingers, and I bet other people like theirs, too. -Nodnod-

I'm slowly setting up the first page. ^^;; I decided to add an avatar contest, too. And I'll slowly set it all up. -Nodnod-

Kannanomaly
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-16-2009, 03:29 AM

....Fine, you win. *puts the knives away* This will be fun, Buggy. I'm already excited. ^_^