Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-18-2015, 06:38 PM

June 18, 2015

I am well underway with summer vacation. I've been binge-watching the TV Show, Heroes. How in the world have I never seen this before now? D: I knew about it when it was originally on but I just wasn't into watching TV back then :P

Also - watched the first season of "The 100." That is also a reaaaallly good show. I need to watch the second season.

Been going to the gym a lot, hanging out with friends, with my boyfriend, and my family. It's been nice so far.

Boyfriend and I are going to North Carolina at the end of the month for a vacation. I'm super excited :D

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-26-2015, 01:28 PM

June 26, 2015,

My roomie is making a Harry Potter/Hogwarts Robe thing with the help of our friend, Squee-chan. I tagged along to her house last night while they did all the pinning and cutting and holy shit, I had such a bad headache. It was a migraine trying to come on D: I took some meds and just kind of laid around (I was literally no help yesterday haha) and even when we got home, lights were killing me, I was nauseous and dizzy, and my head still hurt D: Luckily it seems to have gone away this morning. Thankfully...I hate bad headaches. D: I never got them until I was 23. Now I get them a few times a year. (migraines I mean). OTL

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-10-2015, 05:55 PM

July 10, 2015

My boyfriend and I went on vacation last week! We stopped in Atlanta, Georgia and went to an Atlanta Braves baseball game, stayed in a super old but cute inn, and went to the Georgia Aquarium the next day. After the aquarium we drove up to Cherokee, NC and and walked the Cherokee parks as well as saw a live, theatre telling of Cherokee History. It was really interesting!!

The next day, we drove close to Asheville, NC and went White Water Rafting. I was super nervous about it but I ended up having a blast! It was SO much fun! I will definitely do it again sometime!!!

We then drove into the mountains and stayed in this super secluded cabin. There were only 4 cabins/room available to rent at this place (total...that's it! No more guests can stay after those 4 rooms are filled). And it was really reasonable in price compared so some other places we looked at - $119 a night which is comparable to a hotel chain really. But this was a private cabin, fulled stocked kitchen, beautiful mountains. It was so beautiful! We did not have ANY cell service or internet up there...no TV either. It was nice to TALK to each other and just be with each other :) We want to go back sometime :)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-12-2015, 02:31 PM

July 12, 2015

I came down to my parent's house this weekend to help my mom clean out the garage and extra bedroom. Next weekend I will be back down because she wants to hold a garage sale and then donate whatever is left to GoodWill.

We did a LOT of work yesterday but we aren't done yet. My back is killing me from all the stuff we moved yesterday. But it is nice to go through things and realize we haven't used it in 6 years and to get rid of it. Some of the stuff is mine - just been storing stuff at my parent's house after I moved to college and still after I started teaching...even though I don't live here anymore and haven't for years.

We still have work to do - but my mom is still sleeping...I've been awake for 4 hours now D: OTL I hate not being able to sleep in.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-26-2015, 07:15 PM

July 26, 2015

Well...teachers go back in a week. I'm both excited to go and sad that break is ending LOL

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-02-2015, 07:06 PM

August 2, 2015,

Been going in to work this past week even though we aren't officially starting until Wednesday (OMG). My classroom is How to Train Your Dragon themed this year :) I'm super excited!

Here are some photos!

- One bulletin board done!

- curtains my best friend sewed for me - fire print and a black that looks like it has scales

- fire curtain to hide instruments under the table

- viking curtain to hide instruments under a secondtable :D

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-04-2015, 10:52 PM

August 4, 2015,

Been working on pixels the past few days. It's been super hard on my computer that doesn't like to load photoshop...it likes to freeze when I try. But I am getting them done :)

My boyfriend is so sweet. The other day was declared "Mary Day" and we got to do whatever I wanted :P We went to these beautiful Japanese Gardens a couple hours south of us. Then went to dinner afterwards. We were both so tired that we just came back and passed out when we were done with dinner lol.

And then yesterday he texted me asking if I had plans for tomorrow night. I told him I did not. So he said, "Good. We are going to Makotos and then for ice cream. Pick out a nice dress!" <333 Makotos is a Japanese Steakhouse. It's my absolute favorite place to go...but it is pretty expensive so it's rare when we go. I feel very lucky!

Pictures from Morikami!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-07-2015, 09:34 PM

August 7, 2015,

Today is Friday, August 7th. On Wednesday, August 5th, we started back to work for teacher pre-planning.

My boyfriend texted me the day before asking if I was busy Wednesday evening. I wasn't so he asked me to pick a nice dress because he was going to take me out :) So I got through the whole day of school on Wednesday, setting up my class and sitting in meetings, and rushed home to meet my boyfriend at 4:45, in my dress :)

He took me to my FAVORITE restaurant...a Japanese Steakhouse that is local to the area. Now, this place is ALWAYS packed but it was totally dead when we got there at 5:30. The hostess sat us down and got us drinks and told us they were going to wait a bit before starting to see if anyone else came. So we waited for about ten minutes and she came back and said she was just going to start because no one else came. My boyfriend insisted we weren't in a hurry so we could wait a little while longer. So we waited about 5 more minutes before she came back again. My boyfriend tried telling her it was fine to wait but she insisted we start. So we had the entire table and chef to ourselves. Usually a meal takes about 45 minutes - 1 hour to cook and serve out with ten people at the table. But since there were only two of us, it literally took 10 minutes to cook and serve the entire thing XDD So it didn't take long at all LOL

Afterwards, we took our leftovers and went to a local Frozen Yogurt store which is my favorite ice cream/froyo place in the area. We had fro-yo and I was super full LOL

Afterwards, my boyfriend said we were going to drop our leftovers at our apartment and then go to the local outdoor mall where we went on our first date about two years ago. There is big fountain there with benches around it where we sat on our first date and got to know each other. On the ride home, he stopped at the store, claiming he forgot something and told me he'd be right back. He came back with roses for me! He is so thoughtful!

We dropped our stuff off at the apartment (at which I had to change my dress because the leftovers leaked onto my dress! OTL).

We drove to the local outdoor mall and my boyfriend said before we stop at the fountain, why don't we stop at the book store. I absolutely LOVE books. So we were browsing in the book store for a while before my boyfriend announced it was time to go. LOL

So we walked to "our" bench by the fountain...and discovered there was bird poop all over it XDD We walked around the entire fountain looking for a bird poop free bench and there were none XDD So I said, "why don't we sit ON the fountain wall instead?" XD

So we sat there. My boyfriend reached into his pocket and took out a green slip of paper. For those that don't know, we are both music teachers. We met at a strings inservice/workshop two years ago. We were broken into groups at the workshop by having us pick a different color ticket. The ticket told you which instrument group we would start at: violin, viola, cello, bass. We happened to both pick a green ticket and went to the bass room first. That is how we met.

So he took out this ticket and started talking about how it's been an awesome two years and that he had kept this all that time.

He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him in front of the fountain where we had our first date.

Of COURSE I said yes. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 How could you say no to such a thoughtful and loving person? He presented me with this GORGEOUS nature inspired ring (those are my favorite :) :D ).

After I said yes, he pulled out a paper to read to me. Apparently he went down to my parents house on Monday with this paper. The paper is a contract between him and my parents promising to love me forever and take care of me forever. To kill all bugs and Dallas Cowboys fans for me LOL and more.

My parents and my fiancee signed it and he even had to "paw prints" on the letter that were my family cats, Psycho and Eddie, as the "notary" LOL

I just started crying.

And then he told me the reason he kept insisting the waitress wait at the restaurant was because he had someone there taking photos of the proposal and photographer couldn't get there until 8 XD So he was stalling for time...including taking me to the book store. LOL

I had no idea.

So I am officially engaged to the most wonderful and caring man. I can not WAIT for the future.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-09-2015, 11:09 PM

August 9, 2015

My friend from college is going over seas to Korea to teach for a year or two. She is not allowed to bring her cat with her. So I am going to be cat-sitting the entire time she is gone! (OMG THAT'S A LONG TIME! IT'S A GOOD THING I LOVE CATS).

The problem is - we don't know if her cat and my roommate's cat are going to get along. It's going to be a bit stressful the first few days.

My friend just dropped her cat off here a couple hours ago. We let her wander around the apartment and then we put her in my room and close the door. Then we let my roommate's cat out of her room and now she is wandering around the apartment.

My roommate's cat doesn't seem to care. But she has lived with other cats before. My friend's cat caught a smell and heard my roommate's cat behind the door just not and was hissing and growling - not a good sign. HOpefully they get used to each other! My friend has no other option except to completely give her up and she doesn't want to do that!

Midknight meet Toothless. Toothless...meet Midknight :P

And YES it's spelled with a "k" in MidKnight. :P

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-10-2015, 01:48 AM

I am so incredibly happy thrilled overcome with joy for you both

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-23-2015, 10:04 PM

Hummy - Thank you <3

August 23, 2015

I went wedding dress shopping today. I got a couple appointments today because it usually takes me forever to find clothing that I like. So I figured it would take me a month or two to get the dress...but I ended up getting one today! It's stunning. I can't wait to wear it!

I won't post photos on mene until after the wedding though...because my fiance sometimes watches me mess around on mene (not in a creepy way...we just sit next to each other on the couch and he watches me goofing around on there sometimes XD) and I don't want him to see it XD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-13-2015, 08:15 PM

September 13, 2015,

Today is a day I'm using to get lessons done. Nothing too exciting happening - lots of work! :P I have a private voice student and two private beginning piano students. I'm happy to be making extra cash. :D