Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 08-18-2011, 05:32 PM

"Skye... I... erm... please don't cry. It breaks my heart." Cupping her head into his chest, he rubbed the sobbing female's back. Had he the courage, he would have told her that he loved her, but he knew that would only make things worse. He might have been an idiot, but he knew when to keep his loud mouth shut.

Tipping her chin up, Davis tried to help the girl smile. In his heart, he knew those terrible things about her weren't true and he knew Ken was fully aware of this as well.

"He doesn't hate you, Skye. He's just... he's changed and he needs some time to learn that this new face he wears is the face of a monster. A bully. Let him be an ass. He'll soon realize no one wants him. He'll have no choice but to revert back to his old ways. Ya know, the polite and caring Ken. The little boy everyone wanted to have. Smart, charming, and kind."

Still holding onto her now shaking body, Davis cooed lightly to her. "Those things you said and the words he said, they aren't true, Skye. Don't you think for a minute you're not beautiful. Don't you know Josie only attacks that pretty face of yours so you can't be the most beautiful girl in the school."

In the distance, Davis heard the bell ring and assumed Mr. Hays would soon be joining them. Mr. Hays was one of a few teachers to actually care for Skye. Just like Davis was one of a few people that hung out with her. When Skye wasn't eating lunch on a toilet in the girl's room, she was usually at Davis' table. Yeah, so he was a reject. He didn't care. Davis didn't care what others thought of him and he wished that Skylar would stop worrying to.

Placing a dry kiss on her forehead, he embraced the whimpering Skye. "Your dorky ways are what make you, you. You can't change that about yourself. And you know, in the future, men will die to have a woman like you by their side. You're reliable, smart, and gorgeous. You have feelings that run deep in your heart and they power your every action." Cocking a brow, he exhaled. "I sound just like my mother. She was right. I'm meant to be a psychiatrist. Dr. Davis Lumine. It has a nice ring to it, ey?"

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 08-18-2011, 07:00 PM

He was her comfort sanctuary right now, her Davis, the boy she had crushed on last year. Skylar cried out her feeling into his chest, she tried to stop her tears but couldn't. She had already cried twice today, and both times for the same reason, Ken. She couldn't believe that he had been here, at her school for just a few hours and she was already breaking apart because of him. She didn't realize that she was clutching at Davis's shirt tightly.

Skylar's lips trembled as he tipped her chin up and her gaze met his. She could feel his breath on her face as he talked to her. She looked away and coughed slightly, being all teary was chocking her up. She looked up and met Davis's gaze again, "He is too vain to admit that no one likes him and trust me, as long as he has Josie, he'll always be popular" she whispered. She frowned and blushed simultaneously, Skylar shook her head to indicate that he was wrong.

"Ken isn't smart, or charming or kind!" she told Davis shaking her head angrily. She sighed, "If I was beautiful I would have guys that actually loved me" she whispered as she put her head against his shoulder. She clung too him as the bell rang, her eyes begged him not too go. "I wish you loved me Davis, everything would be so much more wonderful" Skylar told him softly. Her head was in the crook of his neck as the tears left dried paths on her face.

Skylar closed her eyes when he kissed her forehead and smiled shyly. Skylar laughed as he continued too compliment her, Skylar gently swatted at Davis. "Stop, or else I'll get used to being complimented" she said blushing. Her body gently shook as she laughed, "It has a very nice ring too it Dr. Lumine" her voice was slightly croaky from all the crying.

She sighed and looked up at Davis, "Davi..." she whispered slightly too him. Skylar put her hand gently on either side of his face and gently pulled his face closer. Closing her eyes she kissed his lips for a brief second, it felt almost electric. Blushing, Skylar got off of his lap and offered him her hand. After he was up she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a tight hug, "You know, I really used to like you" she said with a small smile. "Thanks for everything Davis" Skylar told him sincerely as she took his hand and squeezed it.

Wavi

Old 08-18-2011, 08:21 PM

When her lips touched his, he wanted to do so much more. However, Davis was well aware of the fact that he was just a replacement. A simple substitution. The love she had for Ken was obvious and anyone with a brain knew this.

"You know I'll always love you like a baby loves its mother. But you and I both know we can be nothing more. You're not molded for me and I'm no good for you. Besides, you know me heart longs for Scarlet. I've been working on rekindling things with her. Yeah, I know. She's a senior and she's graduating at the end of this year to move to New York City to be a fashion designer, but I've always loved her and I know she still loves me."

His eyes drifted to the sky and he fell silent for a moment. Taking in the surroundings, he wondered just where Ken was. He thought the guy would have come crawling back to Skylar for forgiveness.

Perhaps I have been fooled. I swore, the last time I wrote to Ken he was head-over-heels in love with Skylar. I helped him stalk her myspace and I even gave him her number. There is no way in hell he doesn't love her. Where the hell is that guy. Ken...? You're really going to fail me. How sad.....

"Skye," a voice whispered from nowhere. Stepping from behind a tree, Ken walked up to the pair. Hands shoved into his pockets and his face looking only at the ground, he made sure his eyes weren't able to be seen (nor his hands as he had cut them up pretty badly).

"About what I said earlier... I... I-I... I didn't mean it."

"Tch, get lost, Ken. Haven't you done enough? Or are you really that sick and twisted? No one wants you. Pretty soon Josie will leave you. Skye and I aren't your friends anymore so don't bother inviting us over or being nice. You can knock off your knightly act. We called your buff. We know you're nothing but a lonely bastard."

Mouth ajar, Ken tried to speak, but lost his voice. Rather than waiting around to hear Davis fire off another round of insults, the male just wandered off to the parking lot. Leaning up against his car tire (he was sitting now), he buried his head in his knees. Today sucks. No one wants me. Even my parents don't want me.....

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 08-18-2011, 09:03 PM

Sky smiled at his comment, she nodded her head to show that she knew what he meant. It was the same love she felt for him, the warm secure kind that never burned out no matter what happened. "Yeah, we're molded to be best friends" she whispered. Her head tilted, it took her a minute to realize who Scarlet was, "I hope you two really do work things out, you guys were beautiful together" she had really liked Scarlet. She was a self assured woman, confident and perfect for her crazy best friend. "If you love her enough, and if you think she loves you enough...everything will work out Davis, you deserve someone like Scarlet. She'll keep you happy" Skylar said with a nod, as if approving of Scarlet.

Skylar's hand was behind her back and she was rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet, just like when she was little. There were these habits that Skylar had never managed to part with even though she was almost seventeen. She sighed, "Thanks for being here for me when ever I've needed you" she whispered, Skylar was scared to break this serene moment in their friendship.

Her head whipped towards the noise, she knew it was his voice. For the first time in her life Skylar was looking up while someone was looking down. It was Ken, her eyes instantly traveled to his hands that were shoved deep inside his pocket. She could only imagine what kind of punishment he had given himself. Though he deserved it, she wasn't cruel enough to encourage him to punish himself.

Skylar let out a soft laugh, how many times had she heard that one. Each time he tormented her...he didn't mean it. Then what did he mean? Did he mean it when he said he would protect her? Or was that bullshit as well.

"Davis" she whispered, her voice was pained. Skylar wished Ken didn't need to hear that, but it was only the truth. As Ken ran away towards the parking lot Skylar debated for a moment. Then, she couldn't bare it anymore. "I...I think I'm going to man up and go get the guy I like, so you should man up and get the girl you like okay?" she said to Davis before she ran off towards the parking lot as well.

"Now or never Sky" she whispered to herself as she approached Ken's car.

She stood there saying nothing for a few minutes, Skylar strayed closer and stroked his hair. As if she could read his thoughts she whispered only a few words too Ken, "No matter what Ken...I...I'll always want you". Her hand continued to stroke his hair gently. She didn't know how he was going to react and frankly she didn't care, she knew he could reject her again. But she needed to tell him that she would always be there for him no matter what he said, and did too her.

Wavi

Old 08-19-2011, 01:59 PM

Blushing some, Davis nodded his head in agreement. "I would like to ask Scarlet to marry me before she goes off to the big city, but I won't hold her back. Hmmm, maybe I'll offer to give her a ride home. I'll catch you later, or and... good luck with him."

Running in the opposite direction, Davis found his way to Scarlet. When the two meet, the redhead immediately grinned at him. With a quick kiss, she took his hands into her own and they walked out of the school together. A few students gawked at the ungodly couple, but the majority of the kids just didn't care. Everyone knew they would rekindle their love. It was obvious that she was hopelessly in love with him, as Scarlet had a soft spot for childish men.

In the parking lot, beside his car, Ken felt a gentle hand toss his hair. Without looking up, Ken knew it was Skylar. After all, her shoes were a dead giveaway. As she spoke, he listened, but he decided to remain silent and still. Now was not a time for words or actions. Peace was finally around him and he was finally able to open up and be free.

For the past six years, Ken had buried his emotions and threw away his kindness. He wanted to be without pain and sorrow. He wanted to be almost machine-like.

"Always is a long time," he whispered mostly to himself. "But," he said while raising his head, "I suppose my room is pleased to hear that. Shall we get started on tackling that war zone?"

He had no interest in wanting to discuss feelings anymore. He just wanted his life to go back to normal. For all to be simple and without conflict.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 08-19-2011, 02:18 PM

Skylar smiled at what he whispered and pretended not too hear it. Always seemed like a long time, but life was short. She dropped down on her knees and wrapped her hands around his waist and pulled him into a hug. She let out a soft laugh as he mentioned his room, she shook her head. She was holding him like a mother held a baby, her chin rested on his head. It was...kind of awkward but comforting.

Some where deep inside, she was hoping that Ken wouldn't reject her feelings again. But she knew it was almost a crazy hope, she knew that the words Davis had spoken and maybe it was wrong to hold him like this, maybe this would get too his head. Skylar just couldn't help it, she knew it sounded rather idiotic, but she would have rather had to go through the pain than watch Ken go through it.

After all, if she was dying she doubted if anyone would care besides her own parents and Davis, but Ken, in Skylar's opinion, was more precious than her.

Skylar was surprised at the kindness of her own voice as she opened her mouth, "How are your hands..." she whispered. Skylar hadn't tried to pry his hands from him and nor was she going to bug him about them. If he wanted her to him, she knew he would ask. She still hadn't answered the question about going, frankly she wasn't sure. Skylar would have been content just sitting in the parking lot with him like this.

She finally released him from her hug and got up. It would be just another matter of seconds before students started piling out. Skylar nodded, "Yeah, lets go before anything else takes a turn for the worse" she whispered. She stretched out her hand for Ken too take.

As Skylar stood there waiting for Ken, she smiled too herself. She was happy that she had taken this step too assure Ken. Maybe now he would see that she wasn't as bad as she seemed.

Wavi

Old 08-19-2011, 03:31 PM

With the echoing sound of the school bell ringing, Ken just listened as the mob of students popped out the building. There was shoving and pushing and, of course, a few screams as girls were getting their toes stepped on.

A few of the upperclassmen just walked past Ken and Skylar and paid no attention to the students. To them, this was just another high school romance gone wrong. Most assumed that she said something to him, and he got hurt. What they didn't know was the truth behind the whole story. They didn't know that Ken had turned into a bully and that Skylar was actually taking on the role of the hero, coming to Ken's side in his time of need.

It was then when an ear-piercing cry rang across the lot. The sound of a woman scorn was one to fear, as it was none other than one of Josie's henchmen. Without a doubt, she grabbed Josie and tugged her toward the Ken and Skylar pair. It was at this point that all eyes were on the four - Lexxie, Josie, Ken, and Skylar.

Cackling like a hyena, Lexxie's thunderous laugh was enough to even cause the upperclassmen to stop dead in their tracks. Twisting their noses up, a few left to go about their lives. However, the majority stayed to watch the scene unfold.

"You are cheating on your girlfriend, Kenneth!"

"Tch, please," he said rising so that he was now standing before Skylar. As if he were protecting her, he threw his arms out to give Lexxie and Josie the idea that he was ready to defend Skylar.

"And I'd never date Josie, she's just a nasty skank. I only asked her out so she wouldn't go beating Skye up. I only date real women, not whores like the two of you. If you want to get your pleasures, go elsewhere. My body has yet to be corrupted, and I refuse to lose that purity to a witch like yourself, Josie."

"Whoa, wait a minute. Did I hear you right? You're a.. a.. a virgin! Ha ha. Well you aren't so cool anymore. Only the cool kids get laid. You must be pretty lame."

"You're right. I'm lame, but I've already been accepted to both Oxford and Harvard. I've declined both school and several other Ivy League schools. I'm not interested in being rich and famous, nor do I want to be. I like being the nobody that everyone overlooks. But then again, I do like the attention, so perhaps the fame is right for me. Nonetheless, I'm not going to waste anymore time pretending to be something I'm not."

Stepping forward, Ken addressed the listening ears that surrounded him.

"My sister died when I was a kid. She had always dreamed of being a black belt playing pianist. So I decided to live out that dream for her. I am a black belt and I play piano. I also wanted to make my father proud by pursuing a carrier in chemistry and forensics. My mother is a born and raised Catholic, so my virgin ways are to ease her worrying heart. I used to be an all-star cross country runner until I decided to quit to play soccer. I hate eating my veggies, but I do it anyway to teach my little cousin how to grow up big and strong. I've been arrested three times, but my father bailed me out. I was caught smoking and drinking. I was also caught stealing some goods from a shop. The last time was for stealing my father's patrol car. So what, I have a bad record and I've got a bit of a temper? I'll end up moving to Alaska where I can work in the cold environment and feel that my life has a meaning. I'll probably always be alone because I don't have any friends. Oh, and I have a cat named Pickles."

Taking a deep breath, he smirked. "Go ahead, laugh. But if you dare threaten me, my family, or my friends, I will put you in a hospital. So just back off and go about your lives. I'll live mine and you can all live yours."

Ken looked at his bleeding fists and then over to Skylar. "I think we'll need to buy garbage bags... I haven't cleaned my room in about ten years... it could be disastrous in there...."

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 08-19-2011, 04:38 PM

Skylar instantly withdrew her hands as she heard the shriek. She groaned, great, this was what she had meant by things taking a turn for the worse. Skylar shook her head and turned to face Lexxie and Josie. For the first time she didn't back away or run from Josie, she stood there staring at them. Her eyes were pleading, she didn't want to be the reason that Ken's life was destroyed.

Honestly, it was like Josie had chipped Skylar or something. Why was she always there when ever she was with Ken. Skylar was surprised as she felt Ken push past her to stand in front. She cringed as Lexxie used the word 'cheating' that word was far from fitting. She knew Ken would never cheat on a girl he truly loved.

Her eyes were wide as Ken admitted to the now growing amount of people that he was a virgin. He was still a virgin, Skylar was pleasantly surprised herself. She guessed that the bad boy act he put up was really an act. "Ken..." she whispered behind him. "You don't have too" she rested her forehead against his back.

Skylar closed her eyes as Ken mentioned his sister, her lips quivered. It was as if he had bottled up all his emotions for just the right moment, he was just letting himself go. Had Davis's words really affected Ken so bad. He was destroying his own life for her closing her eyes she pressed her fingers too her temples. She had to fix this, he was her friend. He couldn't destroy his own life, her hazel eyes opened and she blinked her thick lashed eyes, she knew what she had to do later.

She was dumbstruck through out Ken's whole speech. Skylar could see the pure shock on peoples faces. Especially Josie's and Lexxie's, those two were finally called out for what they truly were, sluts. No one had probably dared to talk to them like this. There were grins on most of the upperclassmen's faces, they shook their head in disbelief, some punk had actually decided to stand up too them.

Josie and Lexxie started laughing, they clapped and hooted. They realized that the upperclassmen were staring at them like they were complete idiots, when it was obvious that the drama was over the upperclassmen dispersed, only a few really curios seniors stayed back.

Skylar ignored the pair and took Ken's hands gently. She looked at his hands with a frown, ignoring his comment for the moment. She sifted through her bag until she came across her physical education shirt. She the ripped the shirt into half (well, as accurately as she possibly could) and tied each piece too his bleeding hands.

She nodded, "Yeah, let's go buy those garbage bags" she walked to the other side of the car as he unlocked it. As she sat herself down in the car and pulled on her seat belt she still had no idea what to say too Ken. She knew that simple thanks wasn't enough for what he had just done. She played with the seat belt as she watched him plop down in the drivers seat.

Wavi

Old 08-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Rolling down the window, Ken wiggled his finger to Josie. When she approached, he whispered lightly. As she leaned in to hear his words, Ken smirked.

"YOU ARE I ARE DONE! I DON'T DATE TRASH!"

Screaming into her face, he rolled up his window and shifted his car into the proper gear. Saluting a few friendly faces, he drove off toward the convenient store.

The entire ride, Ken kept his mouth shut. He didn't know what to say and, frankly, he didn't want to talk. Talking would only lead to problems so he prayed the silence would continue the rest of the ride.

With his eyes glued to the road, his mind drifted a bit. Wandering down the alleys of his brain, he wondered just what he would do when he got home. An apology was in order. But who would he speak with first? His mother. He needed to calm her nerves. Father would be next. Then, Skylar. Once done, he would pray to his sister for forgiveness as to this day, Ken still blamed himself for her death.

Stopping at the store, he popped out of the car and left Skylar behind. He marched up to the section, grabbed the bags, and flung them on the counter. As the bill was being rung up, he popped some candy on the counter and grinned.

"Girls like sweets, right?"

Laughing, he paid the cashier with cash and then walked back to his car. Even though Ken was only sixteen, he had drove more than enough to get a license at such a young age. In fact, Ken drove the entire way from New York to Washington. He wanted to do it and his parents didn't mind.

It was one of those fears that Ken had to face. You see, ever since his sister died, Ken had been terrified of cars. To this day, he still tenses up when cars drive past him. It's probably one of the main reasons his parents moved back here - less traffic.

Getting into the driver's seat, he leaned over and placed the pile of candy on Skylar's lap. Still without saying a word, he drove off.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 08-19-2011, 06:10 PM

Skylar laughed, she was surprised as the sound came out of her mouth. It felt like she hadn't laughed in ages, there was a small smirk on her face as she watched Ken with a longing of her own. With a swift movement Skylar had her window rolled down. She had too admit, this was a tad bit awkward. "Kenny..." she whispered softly. She hadn't called him that in years, as he drove she looked at his face.

Skylar took in his slit like eyes, his ramrod straight nose, his lips and how they always seemed to be twisted into the smallest sneer imaginable. She bit the corners of her lips and looked away, no need to be creeping on him right? Skylar let loose her wavy hair and watched as it flew about, there was a small smile on her lips, the girl was obviously at peace.

She frowned and rolled her eyes, she watched after him as he left. Skylar sat in the car playing with the seat belt, while she was waiting for Ken she pulled down the visor and checked her appearance in the mirror. She looked at her thickly lashed eyes, her small lips and her naturally pink cheeks. She took in her long unruly hair and gave the person in the mirror a smile, the person smiled back. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Ken approaching, she hurriedly lifted the visor up again.

Skylar looked surprised as he tossed the candy onto her lap. "Thanks Kenny" she said a bit teasingly. Ken often didn't appreciate it when she called him Kenny, he drove on in silence. She took a chocolate bar and unpeeled it, but she didn't quite bite into it yet.

Skylar waited patiently with the choco bar in her hand until they came to a halt at a red light. She opened her seat belt and took Ken's face in her small hands, she looked him in the eye and kissed his lips. The kiss was over and Skylar was all strapped in before Ken even had a chance too react.

Smiling, she looked out the window and innocently bit into her chocolate bar. Her cheeks were flaming red and the wind blew through her messy locks. It was her own way of thanking him and telling him that she cared about him all at once.

Wavi

Old 08-22-2011, 03:19 PM

When the warmth of her kiss came to his lips, Ken just blinked it off as if it were nothing. He had no interest in returning the passionate peck either. To him, it was just a kiss. Nothing he wanted to indulge in. He just wanted to get home and clean out his room. In the back of his mind, he was pissed at himself for bringing Skylar along. It would have been better to slave away by himself.

Once in the driveway, he was greeted by his pet dog and even the cat decided to saunter over and give him a friendly hello. Stroking the two, he beckoned Skylar to follow him into the house.

"Yo!"

"OH MY GOD! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE! YOU STALKER!"

"You know, Kenny, not everyone wants to kiss you. Anyway, I'm here because I know mommy and daddy will need their son to keep them from fighting."

"MOM! DID YOU LET DAVIS IN!"

"Why of course, hunny. Now stop your... oh my heavens, is that Skylar? My my my, have you grown? You've become such a doll. Your mother must be proud."

"Kenneth, when you're inside, would it hurt to use your INSIDE VOICE!"

Smacking his forehead, he looked at his parents. Oh course they would be home and of course they would make him look foolish. It was bad enough that his room was a mess, but to be embarrassed by his folks? It was just low.

"You two get cleaning. I'm going to make up some pizza!"

"Since when can you cook?"

"It's from a box," Ken's mother said with a smirk and a giggle. "I'll stay down here and watch him while you two run along and play." Turning to her husband, she laughed. "I hope they get married soon. I want some grandkids."

"MOM!" fuming, he stormed upstairs to his room.

"Don't you worry Skye, Ken won't admit it, but he missed you. He even had Davis give him full reports on you since he left. The little goof was too embarrassed to contact you himself. I think he has a crush on you. Tee hee hee!"

Stomping his foot, Ken yelled from the room above them. "I CAN STILL HEAR YOU! NOW SHUT UP!"

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 08-22-2011, 03:55 PM

Skylar looked over, just a bit disappointed that he hadn't bothered that she had just kissed him. Oh well, once a loser always a loser she thought darkly to herself. But for some weird reason, this time the rejection didn't hurt. Probably because she knew in her heart that Ken couldn't care less. She sighed and followed him out of the car. If he wanted to play hard and not talk to her...fine. He didn't have too. Skylar had gone most of her life without having friends too talk to at school, so this would be easy for her. Just pretend like she was in her own world and someday she would be out of this hell hole and she would be making a name for herself.

After all, she had Davis. And one best friend was better than none. She let herself in through the door when she heard a familiar voice. "Davis!" she said grinning as she gave him a small high five. She wanted to know how things had worked out with Scarlet.

"Hey Mr and Mrs. Fletcher" Skylar greeted them shyly. She waved, she hadn't see, them in so long! She gave a hug too Mrs. Fletcher, she was like her own mother. Skylar blushed and laughed when Ken's mom complimented her. "Thanks Mrs. Fletcher" she laughed as Ken got picked on by his parents.

Skylar was on her way up the stairs towards Ken's room when she heard about Davis and pizza. "Make sure I have like a hundred slices because after cleaning his room I'm going to need all the food I can get" she said smiling at Davis and Mrs. Fletcher.

She knew their house inside and out, Skylar made her way to Ken's room and flung the door open. Her mouth dropped open, Ken wasn't jesting when he said his room looked like a war zone. Skylar looked around his room, a few posters and a bed covered with clothes and other crap. Skylar sat down on the corner of the bed waiting for Ken, after all...she didn't want to piss him off even more. She decided to wait and to take orders from him on how too approach this huge mess.