ephemeral-felicity
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-13-2007, 11:55 AM

Ever wanted to write a book, get a fandom, and write fanfics for it? xD
Me and some of my friends want to do that.
Write OOC slash fanfiction. >:3

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2007, 01:44 AM

I didn't really get a fandom. But basically, i just write my own version of any books shows or games i've ever played saw or read. i keep them on my laptop because they're basically just me and my friends reading them. though i do write my own books. they all insist that i have what it takes to be a famous author some day. Have you written a fanfic yet?

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-16-2007, 01:56 AM

lol I used to be pretty popular on fanfiction.net with some of my fanfictions that I would write. But, they just take up too much of my time, so I don't really have time for them anymore. Maybe some day I will continue.

For now, though, I make them up in my head, or read other people's fic's. X3

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2007, 09:23 PM

Really? linkfreak131, what was your favorite thing to write a fanfic about? Right now, i'm writing a fanfic about .hack G. U. but i'm also doing one for magic knight rayearth and legend of zelda. it's my relaxing technique for after work.

Isleya
Send a message via MSN to Isleya

Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 AM

I love fanfiction, but I hate writing it. i run out of ideas. I usalley get my friend to write things, and I'll do art for it.

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 07-17-2007, 05:22 AM

I read fanfiction, but I never write it. Everything I think of has been done to death.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 07-19-2007, 11:10 AM

I used to write fanfiction, its good for getting creative juices running though I admit none of the stuff I written has been any good.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 07-23-2007, 03:04 AM

Fanfiction. . . ughhh.

Now, I used to love reading and writing it both, don't get me wrong. But so many people use each other's ideas. No one ends up who had the idea originally, the FF world gets to be a mess, and you're no longer motivated to finish writing due to the community.

I used to write Fanfiction for my own enjoyment. Then people asked me why my stuff wasn't on any sites. So, I started putting stuff out for readers to get their hands on, and they loved it. But whenever I would read the same pairings, I'd get some of the same stuff in their writings that I would have in mine. I don't know if it's paranoia or the extreme possibility of it happening, but it really irks me and I don't enjoy it anymore.

I think I'd be a lot happier writing my own story -- motivation would probably stick, ideas wouldn't be stolen cause they would be my own and I'd know good and well if they had been used, and I'd be able to actually have fun with it.

But, question to the creator of the thread.

Why would you write your own novel and then write Fanfiction on it when you could just write a sequel or something. It is YOUR creation, after all. You have the liberty to do what you will with it. :o

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 07-23-2007, 04:56 PM

I have never been a fan of fanfics. Normally the pairings are extremely unlikely and the stories are just outrageous. I have read some good fanfics, and sometimes I have had the urge to write on emyself... but I normally restrain myself. I can see however how it could help people with their writing and get them started on creating their own stories to put out there... sperate than their fanfics. For me however, I can't really be bothered to put something like that out there.

Rai

Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 AM

I used to write fanfiction all the time, but now I'm fining that I don't really want to update any of my stories anymore. So now when I write stuff, I just don't put it on the site, I just let a few friends read it. I blame my writers block on laziness, which a good reason I stopped writing fanfiction.

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-24-2007, 02:52 AM

i read it and some stuff is the same. but i love it when i find an idea that's been done and done and it has a new angle to it. and then ii also love the original ones i do find at times.

Morien
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2007, 02:56 AM

Lol... actually I've been working on a story for about five years now that I really hope any potential fans have a big battle over whether the main character is gay or not. I'm such a dork. But it'd be fun, right? They'll never know the truth!

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-09-2007, 08:09 PM

• I used to read this one Sailormoon fanfiction...I can't remember the title. The writer was amazingly good, and I totally enjoyed following chapter after chapter. I was inspired to write my own fanfictions.

I wrote Gundam Wing and Sailormoon fanfictions only.

Later, I got into writing my own stories. Never went back. :3

Ryuichi
*^_^*

Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 PM

Ohmygosh.

You know JK does that to Harry and Draco in her spare time >.> <.<
"The lady doth protest too much".

I really do love fanfiction, though. I adore finding out different viewpoints and interpretations of the characters thoughts, beliefs and motives. Especially in the anime and manga I like - small fandom and very character focused - the fanfiction can be exceptionally insightful and well-written.

Or, you know, it can be crap. But I'll take the risk any day.

angel_of_joy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-14-2007, 04:23 AM

i love to write fanfiction but i have the terrible habit of starting new stories before other stories are finished. and i can never write short stories. one shots i have tried and i just feel like i am ripping myself off by writing like that so all of my stories end up being monster fics of more then 100 pages and then no one reads them.

Suika
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-14-2007, 04:48 AM

Ooooh, I adore fan fiction. : D I love reading it, and adore writing it even more. Although, all I write are drabbles... >.>;; -doesn't have the commitment to write an actual story-

Well, I usually am obessed with one fandom, unitl I read all of the ones in it, or fall out of love with the show/book/series that it's about. x.x;; Right about now, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, since I've read all of the non-Tenth Doctor Who fan fiction... x3

Well... I absolutely love it~

Nagahashi_Miharu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-20-2007, 09:38 PM

I have a bunch of fanfiction ideas in my head. However, I'm way too lazy to type them up and upload them onto fanfiction.net.

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 08-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Fan fiction was fun to write when I first got into fandom. I made quite a lot of good friends through writing.

Then fandom turned ugly, and writing for it lost its thrill. =( ;;;; I retreat from it to write my original ideas.

mystic kiwi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to mystic kiwi

Old 08-28-2007, 02:52 AM

I used to write a lot of fan fictions, but I’ve stopped doing that and started working on my own books. I just don’t think I’m very good at writing, although I’m told I am. I think I’m much harder on myself than I need to be though.

Dearest
Master of Cupcakes

Old 08-28-2007, 07:52 AM

Fanfiction is not my thing.... but I do have a friend who both writes and reads them ^^

+SashA+
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-03-2007, 08:08 PM

Fanfictions scare the fuk out of me.....O_O ....espetialy if they invole real people.....

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2007, 09:02 AM

The first story that actually made it to the computer and to the internet was a Harry Potter fan fic. A few years after the craze started. I loved the series and i couldnt help but put my own made up charrecter into the mix. it got me writing. and ive since branched away from the fanfiction into stories that still lay in the same genre. Anything before that is still safetly locked away on pen and paper. Curse you internet. i could be writing my stories instead of playing. ^_^

OBJECTION
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2007, 11:10 AM

I've been writing for over ten years now and it's really only been in the last six or so years that I've had the courage to put my writing out there for others to read. I've had some ideas other than fanfiction, but for some reason I just cannot get ideas for something other than fanfiction written.

Though I did recently get an idea for a Harry Potter fanfic that I can mould into something else that can be an original fic, not a fanfic.