Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-22-2014, 12:41 AM

Do you have what it takes to save the world?

It is a dream of many to be something more, to do something with their lives and to have a place in the world. Those who are young of age, who show exceptional skill and power are admited to the YJA, or the Young Justice Academy. Here, they are trained to use their powers, and trained to become future superheros of the world. They are taught to push their limits, and the limits of the world around them. It is hard, pushing them to the brink many times, so only the strong survive within these walls.

Every future hero looks forward to graduation from basic training, for they take on their next stage of becoming a hero. They still attend the school, but their assignments and classes get a whole lot more challenging and real. At the same time, when a student graduates from their basic training, is assigned as a sidekick to a hero who it is deemed they are compatable with. Weather it be power wise, or something else, each student is paired up with a hero to learn real life experience in the field. They may not always like it or agree, but it is what is done and is seen as an honor for them.

Eventually they will graduate to the rank of full hero and go on their own, perhaps one day mentoring a young hero of their own. Though the one who chooses when they are ready is a combination of graduating phase two of their classes, as well as their hero. Without the approval of their hero, a young hero will always and forever only be a sidekick. Graduation day has come and passed, all young heros who have earned their first set of stripes have been placed in the care of a hero. Their training has been stepped up and is going well. Their the idols of the school, with many of the younger heros who have yet to graduate basic training look up to them.

It does not matter if some do not agree with their partnerships, they have been given their assignments, now it is up to them to step up their game. Things are going great, until it all comes crashing down. The alarms sound, the city is under attack. The young heros go to their posts, waiting for heros that seem to be taking to long. Upon investigating, the young heros learn that their city is being attacked by those very heros they had looked up to and been partnered with. Chaos is erupting more, as reports begin to come in from all over the world. Heros have gone berserk, and villans are on a rampage on top of it all.

There is only one option for the young heros now, step it up and graduate early, or the world is going to be destroyed. The young heros face the challenge of discovering what has befallen the older heros of the world, while at the same time fending them and the villans of the world off. Playtime is over, this is real life now. It is do or die, literally, their are no second chances now within this game. The young heros of the world are now the world's last defense against a coming end... Time to prove they truly got what it takes to hold the title of superhero.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 09-22-2014 at 12:47 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-22-2014, 12:42 AM

Roleplay Information

The story will follow the sidekicks, along their journey. You can play a hero or villan if you like. Remember though, if you choose a hero, you will be turning evil at a point in the rp, so keep that in mind. The rp will focus around the DC and Marvel universes. This means you can choose a hero from either one as one to play, or create your own. At the same time, you can make a sidekick that has already been created, and play the next generation of someone under that name. I do ask that you be creative, so not everyone is running around with the same powers. If two characters are to close or such, I have the right to reject one or ask you to change it. Also, I want dedicated players, so if you are going to poof one page in, refrain from joining, I want this one to last. The school is a safe haven, a home for the students. Unless you are a special case, it is your choice to be there or not. Normally they will find you, not you find them. Either by seeing some worth in you, or by word of a hero.

If you choose to leave, there are..precautions they may take. Yes, they would have someone with mind abilities who could suppress or wipe out memories to protect the school. Outside of the school, students are to remain in human persona unless working with their hero. This means they are not supposed to talk about or mention the school, or go heroing off on their own. This is to protect them and the school. Dispite this, teens will be teens of course, rules are not always followed which makes it interesting. They can't tell anyone who they are or about the school or heros. Doing so, if they get caught, can result in being expelled and having memories erased.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 09-25-2014 at 05:50 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-22-2014, 12:48 AM

Rules

1. Respect me as the GMs, this means: Do not question my decisions, as the GM, I have the final choice and say within the rp. I understand a little help, and I make mistakes, but much of what I decide, I decide for a reason. So trust in me and my work.
2. Respect all other members of the roleplay
3. Follow all Mene rules.
4. Yaoi and yuri allowed, so respect this, and if you do not like it respect those who do.
5. PM all profiles to Me titled with the name of the Rp or they will not be looked at
6. Keep ooc within the ooc. This is your only warning.
7. No godmodding please -.-
8. POST A GOOD SIZED PARAGRAPH MINIMUM. I understand writers block, but NO one or two liners. They take up a lot of space, and are hard to reply to.
9. I will add/subtract and update the rules as needed.

Roleplay Links

OOC

Accepted

Character Skeleton

HTML Code:
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][RIGHT][COLOR="Color"][B]The Puppetmaster[/B][/COLOR]
[username]

[img]pic here[/img][/RIGHT]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My name is:[/COLOR][/B]
[name]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My friends call me:[/COLOR][/B]
[nickname]

[B][COLOR="Color"]When working, I am refered to as:[/COLOR][/B]
[hero/villan/sidekick name]

[B][COLOR="Color"]Age wise, I am:[/COLOR][/B]
[age]

[B][COLOR="Color"]When love is on my mind:[/COLOR][/B]
[sexuality]

[B][COLOR="Color"]Who's side am I on:[/COLOR][/B]
[Hero/Villan/Sidekick]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My hero is the door to my future:[/COLOR][/B]
[name of hero you are paired with. If not a sidekick, delete this. Leave it empty, if you want me to choose for you.]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My style is my own:[/COLOR][/B]
[costume, and such]

[B][COLOR="Color"]The good and bad about me:[/COLOR][/B]
[personality]

[B][COLOR="Color"]I am a force not to take lightly:[/COLOR][/B]
[Powers and strengths]

[B][COLOR="Color"]I hate to admit it, but I'm not perfect:[/COLOR][/B]
[weakness, what you lack]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My arsenol contains:[/COLOR][/B]
[weapons, and such]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My hopes and dreams drive me:[/COLOR][/B]
[what is your character's goal in life, what is their deepest hopes and dreams for the future.]

[B][COLOR="Color"]The raw facts of my past are:[/COLOR][/B]
[bio]

[B][COLOR="Color"]Only one thing left to say:[/COLOR][/B]
[Extra]

[B][COLOR="Color"]Theme of my life:[/COLOR][/B]
[character theme]
[/FONT]

Side Character Profile Skeleton

HTML Code:
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][RIGHT][COLOR="Color"][B]The Puppetmaster[/B][/COLOR]
[Open or Reserved for ...]

[img]pic here[/img][/RIGHT]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My name is:[/COLOR][/B]
[name]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My friends call me:[/COLOR][/B]
[nickname]

[B][COLOR="Color"]When working, I am refered to as:[/COLOR][/B]
[hero/villan/sidekick name]

[B][COLOR="Color"]Age wise, I am:[/COLOR][/B]
[age]

[B][COLOR="Color"]Who's side am I on:[/COLOR][/B]
[Hero/Villan/Sidekick]

[B][COLOR="Color"]I am a force not to take lightly:[/COLOR][/B]
[Powers]

[B][COLOR="Color"]What you need to know:[/COLOR][/B]
[Info on character]

[B][COLOR="Color"]Theme of my life:[/COLOR][/B]
[character theme]
[/FONT]

Last edited by Kiyoto; 10-01-2014 at 01:48 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-22-2014, 01:00 AM

Reserved

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-25-2014, 05:51 PM

Reserved

II

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-26-2014, 11:20 PM

Conner O'Niel
Shadow

Five minutes on the clock, the time was ready to count down. A few spaces within the training room floor opened up in front of him, as out from them rose several training bots. They were used for training, able to be set on various settings. They could indeed pack a punch, and were dangerous if taken to lightly. They had been set on a higher danger level today, as the male waited to get started. A crowd of students already gathering to watch the training session down below. The training room was a large circular room, about the length of two football fields in diamater. When in use, a large circular portion within the middle would lower away from the rest of the room, creating a sort of field. Leaving that area would classify the session as a lose. The area of the room left up above was the safe zone. Students could watch training sessions from up there.

Above the room on the cieling held a smaller room with glass windows on all four sides. This was the viewing room, where the controls were and where data would be taken. Right now, the room was in use by a student under the hero name of 'Shadow'. He was one most students knew well, the badass without powers to some. He could hold his own with the best of them, dispite not having any superpowers at all. The robot's eyes flickered to life, turning red. This meant they were armed. Shadow was a boy by the name of Conner O'Niel. The last name was fake, but few knew this. It was to protect him, for his true last name he shared with the family of assassins that he came from. They were hunting for him, had been for years. He had been here since he was ten, being looked after and trained by the school to become a hero.

Unfortunately the hero stuff would have to wait. He had to begin as a sidekick first. That meant basic training. Not a problem, he sailed through it. Then came graduation from basic training. This meant the fun would begin. Conner would be assigned to a hero, and his classes would get that much tougher and real. That had been an exciting day indeed. He could still hear the people cheering, much like they were cheering now. It brought a smile to his lips, as he prepared for the battle. He had thouhght advanced classes and being able to learn with a hero would be cool and one step closer to his goal. He had been paired with Nightwing for god's sake, a hero who had trained with and under Batman, who knew what it was like to be...normal.

Conner hated being normal. It was not that he was envious of powers or anything, it was cause people severely tended to underestimate those who had none. He had been teased by some jerks here for that reason, as had some of the others who were like him. He had been told he did not belong, that he was going to get himself killed. He frowned, glaring slightly from behind his mask. Conner's dream was to show the world that you did not need powers to be a superhero. There were plenty out there who lived that every day. He was ready for a fight now, the thoughts flickering over his mind making this little game all the more fun. He smiled again, as the timer went off and things began. One of the bots in front moved forward, arms out to grab him.

He moved forward as well, jumping and placing his hands on the shoulders of the bot. It was an easy flip over the tin can, before landing and going into a swift spin to deliver a kick to its back, sending it crashing into a robot who had been trying to come up the back. He did not even need five minutes, the robots being taken down in just under two, keeping his high score. He chuckled, the crowd watching had grown and cheered. He turned as the ground rose back up to make the room whole. As he headed towards the door, some patted him on the back, others smiled and made comments about how well he did. He modestly said thank you, a hero was never arrogant...well, maybe a little. He stepped out into the hall, and streatched his arms above him.

A flash of red and yellow moved to his side. "Not bad man!" said a familiar voice. "Al" Conner smiled, seeing his friend. Al was a speedster, able to reach sound breaking speeds. He was training under the Flash and Kid Flash duo, said to have a future in it sometime soon. Of course he was also able to vibrate his molecules so fast, that he could literally move through solid objects. How it was done, Conner had the feeling he really did not want to know, and that Al did not know either. He was more of a just do it kind of guy. "So, how is training going with you and the bat knockoff?" he teased, the two heading down the hall. Conner sighed, shaking his head. "Not good" he said, "well good as in we work great together, not good as in all he had been letting me do is bank robberies and such."

Al frowned, "pitly stuff huh? Normo crimes.." Conner nodded. Al sighed, "tough man...think he dosn't trust you?" "I don't know" Conner said, "he just keeps saying when I am ready we can step it up...more like when he is ready." Conner and Al had been friends for a long time, they had been close to each other. They had graduated from basic training in the same class, and were now working towards being heros. Well, at least Al was as far as Conner was concerned, he would be stuck in the kiddy games forever. He sighed, looking at some of the people as they passed. Everyone different, everyone unique and special, with their own powers and styles. Each of them were here for a similar reason. Not all of them would reach their goals, some would leave, others would fail.

Either way, leaving without becoming a hero led to having your mind erased. It was a safety thing, to protect them and the school. It was also another thing to protect the school that they were not allowed to talk about it outside of the school. Nor were they able to go out and do any hero work on their own. That could get them expelled, same as failing. Conner sighed, looking back to Al. "Tell you what" All smirked, "lets sneak out tonight, and go have a boy's night. We can invite Lance and make a guys night out of it." Lance was another of their friends. He used electricity to fight...deffinetly not one for the water. Conner smiled and nodded, "you totally owe me a rematch at the arcade." Al laughed, "deal, meet up front at six after dinner." With that he was gone.

Conner stood there for a moment smiling, before a bell rang. He glanced at the clock. "Darn it!" he was late for robotics, Mr. Tech was going to be furious. His real name was doctor Roberts, but Mr. Tech sounded cooler and was a nickname of the students. Some teachers here were heros, others just humans with the ability to teach these classes. There were literally hundreds to choose from, one of the reasons the main part of the school was underground. The top part looked like a simple office building, run and guarded by many heros. A perfect cover. He ran down the hall, sliding into the door right before it closed. The teacher glanced at him, raising an eyebrow and giving him a familiar look of disapproval.

"Nice of you to join us Mr. O'Niel, kindly take your seat..." Conner complied, slipping into his station. They were working on one of his favorite areas. Technology. Computers, gadgets, etc...this was where he was at home. Many of his gadgets he made himself, though others were custom made. The school had a weapons vault the size of its own football field. The ones who made them were legendary to the students. There were magic weapons, swords, gauntlets, staffs, throwing weapons, exploading ones...if you could dream it, they could make it. Today, the class was working on a decriptor key. Conner already had one of his own, so this little project was a piece of cake to him. He smiled, getting to work.

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 09-28-2014, 01:00 AM

~ . Aysel Sevda . ~
Astral

"Excuse me, but... what do you mean by 'hot'? Conner does not appear to be on fire, that I can see." A levitating Aysel asked, voice just a bit louder than the noise of the crowd gathered to ensure that her question was heard. Her head tilted slightly to the side as her wide, purple eyes glimmered with a childlike curiosity towards the two girls that had been standing next to her. They had been speaking quietly throughout the training session about the student completing it, and normally Aysel would not have had the courage to jump into it, but this was new earth slang she hadn't heard before. She could hardly help herself.

The girl nearest to her who had spoken stopped mid-sentence to turn to face Aysel, who now floated just inches from the ground so as to fit in with the crowd, but to maintain her own personal comfort. She was certainly more comfortable with doing this than walking, though she was only allowed to do so on school grounds or in private, of course. The other girl's face turned into that of surprise as her friend began to laugh, clearly amused that the other's crush had been announced so clearly. Horrified and angry beyond belief, her eyes narrowed in on Aysel with fury unmatched as she yelled in frustration. "What's it to ya, space freak? God, don't you have some brown-nosing to do elsewhere? Buzz off!"

Aysel's eyes widened in turn, her curiosity dampening as it was replaced by both surprise and a bit of fright. Cowering backwards, she lifted her hands defensively, only to rest one of her palms cross her nose. "My nose is... brown?" She questioned, doubtful of the concept but worried over its probability nonetheless. "I am sorry! I will go do the 'buzzing off' now!" Aysel cried a few moments later, navigating quickly out of the crowd with her gaze cast downwards, palm yet covering her nose for fear of what the other girl had told her. That was perhaps one of the worst reactions she'd earned from people as of late, but it was always a chance that Aysel took when speaking up to ask questions. It seemed that the simplest things to her could make her classmates so... touchy. Once out of the room, Aysel paused in the hall, pressing her back to the row of lockers there and letting out a soft sigh.

Adjusting here had been a difficult task for her, for even though she was a naturally friendly person, she had always had the awkward tendency to wind up in situations like these. Many students at the academy here were much more open towards answering her questions, or at least tolerant of them. Others, however... Rubbing her nose thoughtfully, Aysel lowered her feet to the ground and wrapped her free arm around herself. Others made her sometimes wish that she were not so curious, so naturally observant. It was her only means of becoming accommodated here, however, so she truly felt she had no other choice. Speaking up and hoping others would be open was how Aysel had made her way here, made her friends here, and it was how she would try to continue even after this encounter.

Sighing softly, nose still carefully covered, Aysel's body lifted a few inches from the floor again as she decided to go ahead and float casually down the rest of the hall. "I still do not understand what she wishes me to do... 'Buzzing off' is making a form of apology?" Frowning slightly, Aysel wondered over what she would have to do to redeem herself for that wrong move. Also, who she would now have to ask these questions to. Lifting her gaze from the tiled floor to look about the few moving through the halls yet on their free hours, she searched for a familiar face. She still wished for the questions to be answered, if only to help her understand why she'd gotten such a horrid reaction, and to avoid such in the future.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 09-28-2014 at 09:50 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-28-2014, 06:19 PM

Nisshoku Tsukiakari
Tribal

Placing the last few books away, Nisshoku looked at the shelves before him. He had agreed to help Raven this morning, who partially helped run the school's library on her spare time. They had a wide variety of books, from magic books, to books that could be usef for reports, to simple books just for fun. Nisshoku had discovered that the library had become one of his favorite places since coming to this school, it was one of the places he felt secure and at home. Fitting in around here could be difficult to do, perhaps even more so at times since many of who where here were not normal. He frowned, tugging the edge of his scarf up so that it covered his mouth. People here were indeed...different. It did not help at all about his appearance. He was called handsome, pleasing in looks for the most part. But there were also things that intimidated people.

His eyes different colors, one red, the other silver. A large scar over his silver eye to boot. His hair black in color, with silver streaks at points. He was fit in form, but seemed to have a natural dark air around him. His personality as well seemed to have earned him the reputation of a darker being. He sighed a bit, running a hand through his hair. It did not help that he did not remember anything before a few years ago, when he had come here. He was plagued by nightmares, ones that made him wake up in cold sweats often. His eyes lowered to his left arm. Then there was that... His left arm was constantly wrapped in bandages. Under them, his arm had what looked to be magic runes on it. They circled his arm, purple in color. No one had been able to say what they meant, magic that not even his mentor Raven could decipher.

He clenched his left hand lightly, before picking up his bag. He turned to the door, stepping over to it, wondering what he should do this morning. He had worked out, gone to a few classes, helped out here. He stepped out of the door, turning down the hall. His mind slipping a bit into thought he pondered what to do now. He could go train, though the training facilities were often active during the day. He could remain and read, but he might have gotten lost in a book and forgotten his other classes. He sighed, running a hand through his hair once more. He caught the glances of a few others, a few whispers reaching him. They could be many of those he had already heard, whispers of where he came from, who he was or more.

It was hard to keep up with much of what people were talking about now a days. Their topics were often all over the place, and Nisshoku was not one to get to into what was trending. He was more of one to do his own thing, which oddly enough made him an outcast and popular at the same time. He never understood it all, he was both ignored and sought after, so many contradictions it could make a person's head spin. He was often asked about himself, but he could not give them the information they desired. He had only known about himself as far as his name...and his powers, when he had come here. Dark energy and magic were his specialty. They were often dependant on one another and worked together, he was skilled in using his power and in various forms of hand to hand as well.

There were some aspects of his power he avoided, he was more of one to settle things with words before violence, which surprised people a lot. He turned the corner to walk along once more, and nerely bumpped into someone. He caught the sight of movement, and took a slight step back, looking up. A familiar figure floated before him, Aysel Sevda. He knew her well, for a few reasons. They were in similar classes due to their abilities and such, they were in similar situations of being strangers to this world, and they also were both under the mentoring of a Teen Titan...who were not really teens anymore. He looked up at her, about to say hello, when he caught the look on her face. He was often an excellent judge of character and emotions... Everyone had a natural energy about them, one could refer to it as an aura if they wanted.

As a person released various emotions, their energy shifted. Their intentions also tinted their energy with light or darkness. With Aysel specifically though, she also dealt with energy like him. This made both of them able to read the other easily, more in tune with each other if you will. It was one of the reasons they often made an excellent and preffered teams in tag team battles and in the field if their mentors asked it of them. He frowned, lowering his face a bit so the scarf around his neck rose to cover his mouth once more. "What is wrong?" he asked rather bluntly, his voice slightly muffled by the scarf. Many would see the two of them as Yin and Yang in a way. Aysel was the light, while Nisshoku was the dark. Powerful together and a bit intimidating if they were ever to be at odds. Thankfully, both seemed to have easier going personalities, so it had not happened.

He waited for her responce, his eyes on her for now. He took in her expression, as well as her mannerisms. He knew her well, the two had become friends since being here. They had gotten time to talk and get to know one another. He often enjoyed listening to her stories about her home and the odd ways of her people. He sat silently while he let her speak. He did not mind it, it was nice to have someone who did not worry about what might be lurking within him..or someone who was not judging him, thinking they already knew him. He caught a few people watching them, and reached up to take her hand in his. He turned, tugging her along down the hall to somewhere more private. He did not care if people would whisper or something, a few already did that the two of them might evolve into more than friends.

He took her back to the quiet of the library, so much for leaving right? They were alone for now, looking at her once he had the door closed. "What is wrong?" he repeated, looking at her once more, his eyes a bit more stern in nature now. He wanted to know what had happened, why someone had seemed to make his friend feel ill at ease. He was one to naturally be fiercely loyal and protective, and it was showing now. He wanted to know if she was ok. If someone had indeed crossed her, he was often the one to step up for her. Not because she had to ask him to, but often because he simply cared. A few times she had to call him off, and he had heard comments about her needing her attack dog to fight her battles for her. He frowned more at this, he did not wish to put her in an even worse situation because of him.

He vowed then mentally to keep his anger and own emotions under control, to not go do anything if she did not desire it. She was a smart and powerful woman, he knew she could handle herself if she had to. He liked that about her, she was both elegant and beautiful, but a force to be reckoned with if need be. She did not seem afraid of him either, or one to doubt him, which made him happy to. To her he was just Nisshoku, he was a friend, and that meant the world to him. It was part of the reason he also liked working with Raven and at times Beast Boy. He was a person with them, and he go to learn and experience so many different things. In the end, he was really indeed happy to be here. With his friends, mentors and the opportunity to be more.

Vanth
Away with family!

Old 09-28-2014, 09:38 PM

Dahlia Darkholme
Mirage

Dahlia stood with the other students and watched as one after the other the superpowered trainees turned bot after bot into a pile of scrap electronics for the robotics department to repair. Cringing at the thought of ever having to be an opponent to one of them, she heard one of the girls ask a very odd and at the same time earnest sounding question. She recognized after a moment of thought that the girl must have been an alien. She had met and heard of a few aliens around the school and some of them didn’t seem to quite grasp slang terms.

She kept looking and saw as the other girl’s eyes widened and her friend began to laugh. Then her shock turned to anger and she barked defensively at the alien girl, who floated off with her hands over her nose, afraid, and still obviously not understanding fully the meaning of the girl’s choice of words. She recognized the girl as Kay Flat, a trainee with the adaptive muscle memory in her Wing Chun class. Dahlia at once felt bad for the girl, it wasn’t her fault that she hadn’t learned all of the tiniest informal additions to the language. Thinking this, the other girls’ insensitivity bothered her tremendously. She instantly felt a need to do something, but she had no idea what.

Her feet began moving before she knew what she was doing. Her walk was leading her in Kay’s direction, almost involuntarily. When she finally reached the girl, she was shot a stare of pure ice. Her mouth opened, “You know, Kay. All of us here are different in our own way, it’s not really in the spirit of heroic unity for you to make fun of a girl for being herself just because she embarrassed you on accident.”

Kay’s eyebrow twitched, and her mouth curled into what looked like a smirk covering up a snarl “Since when is it any of your business, you scaly blue freak?” Dahlia was taken aback. She was shocked at how these powered kids could be just as cruel to one another as the normal children were to them. “Besides, how would you know anything about heroic unity, villain?” The girl narrowed her eyes, “ You don’t even belong here.”

Before she could do anything to stop it, Dahlia’s fist was connecting with Kay’s jaw. Her eyes widened when she realized what she had done, and as she stood there staring at her hand she noticed a counterattack headed straight for her face. Arching back, she managed to dodge Kay’s fist, but not before another one came at her, scraping across the skin of her cheek.

She could tell how angry Kay was by her movement, she was usually much better at hitting her target, she had left Dahlia feeling pretty battered after a few spars in class. “I am going to beat you into a bloody blue paste, Lizard!” Her irate flailing was the shapeshifter’s advantage, throwing all of her weight into another punch, Kay lunged at her.

Dahlia waited until she knew Kay was coming at her full force before she dodged to the left and grabbed the girls wrist, using the momentum from her own punch to topple her to the ground. Once she was down, deciding that finishing the fight wouldn’t exactly make her mentor very happy, Dahlia did the only thing she knew to do in the threat of detention, run.

She took off full speed out of the crowded safety zone and into the deserted hallways of mid-period. Once she neared the end of the hall, she reached for the closest doorknob she could find, changing into her human form as she crossed the threshold. She was met by the surprised stares of her classmates, one of whom being the alien girl that Kay had insulted.

“Sorry for interrupting, but If the principal, Daredevil, or Kay Flat comes in here looking for me, you never saw me.” with that she ran to the farthest corner of the library that she knew existed, getting herself lost from the rest of the student body by twisting her way through the narrow, mazelike infinity of the reference bookshelves.

She let out a breath and slid her back against one of the shelves, plopping down on the ground in a heavy pile. She believed that she was safe for the moment, but knew in her bones that she was going to be in so much trouble when a person of authority found her. She stared at her hand again, thinking more about what she had done, and although punching Kay Flat in the jaw was the best rush she had gotten since she came to this school, she couldn’t help but feel guilty. ‘I told Dee I wasn’t going to do anything like this, gave him my word.’ She clenched the hand into a fist, ‘but even he goes a little crazy with “The Power of Justice” or whatever he calls it, sometimes, maybe he won’t be so harsh on me.’ She felt bad for breaking her promise to her mentor, but couldn’t say she felt bad for Kay. She didn’t know if this meant that Kay was a bad person, or she was, but she liked to think that Kay deserved it.

Dahlia knew that she would be waiting for a while, at least until her next class, so she decided to pull a book off of the shelf. Volumes that far back in reference were outdated and hardly ever got used, so it was covered in a bit of dust. The pages were yellowed, the ink was smudged from water damage, and the binding was falling apart, but she could still make out the bold letters of the title, “A Brief History of the Watchmen Volume 3: Walter Kovacs, Rorschach”

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 09-29-2014, 01:57 AM

Grace Sanderson
Thorn

Quote:
"Because you know I'm all about that bass ‘Bout that bass, no treble. I’m all about that bass…"
Grace turned up the volume of her iPod, and swayed her hips in time with the beat. She sauntered down the hallway towards her next class, casually swerving around the people she passed. Like normal, no one took particular interest in her. Grace was counting the minutes until she could join Oliver outside on the archery range, where they met everyday he was not busy being a hero, or a tycoon. Grace took a seat in the back of the class, in the corner near the window. She pulled her hood up and leaned back in her chair. The classroom was mostly empty apart from three other students in the front row that were chatting about last night's homework assignment. Grace had finish the homework just that morning, after a night drawing up designs for new arrows for Oliver, and reading her business books. At times she felt more like his secretary than like his sidekick.

On top of doing hero-school, Grace was taking online business classes. Oliver rarely asked her to help if he had a mission, so she could focus on her duel studies - even though she asked him constantly if she could. He wanted her to be prepared for everything when she took over her father's company and investments. She often slept during the day, between classes. She often wore sunglasses to try and sleep a bit in class; it's not like her professors cared. They knew how little sleep the students got; especially those out of basic training.

The professor walked in just as the song was ending. Grace sighed, took a few deep breaths, and removed her headphones, shoving them into her backpack and pulling out her text book, notebook, pen, and homework. She lowered her hood and took off her sunglasses. She had tried to cover up the dark rings under her eyes, but she knew she looked tired. She yawned loudly, and opened her text book to chapter three - The Nervous System. She jotted down notes about different pressure points in the human body. One of the students from the front row who questioned about non-human systems each time the professor explained a new section cleared her throat. This was her third time asking about non-human beings. Irritated Grace responded for the teacher "That's a different class. This is Human Anatomy. You'll want to take the Anatomy of Other Beings course, taught by, I think, professor J'onzz... next semester." The girl glared at her, and scoffed. Grace rolled her eyes, and turned back to her text book. She had already planned on taking the course, and sincerely hoped that Tatina would not, in fact, take that course. Grace had already taken Basic and Advance Biology, Basic Anatomy, and Anatomy of Terra Fauna. Other Beings was the only course left on her list of biological sciences to study.

Grace looked at her text book. Inside was a blueprint for the new arrow Oliver wanted her to make. She'd been working on it all night, and was hoping to present it to Oliver during lunch. She corrected calculations between taking anatomy notes. "Shit." She said loudly when she realized that she had drastically miscalculated the power of the explosive on the arrow tip. She looked when she realized the classroom had become too quiet. The professor's disapproving eyes were staring at her. "While this is an anatomy course, Miss Sanderson, we are not currently learning about the digestive system. Now, if you're looking ahead in your book, I applaud you. But you're not hiding that other assignment well. Bring it to me, you can get it back tomorrow"

"Tomorrow!" Grace shouted, jumping to her feet, clutching the paper to her chest. "I need this today! It's more important. You have no right!" Grace jabbed an accusative finger at him. the professor walked over to her, took the blueprint and put it in his desk.

"My coursework is just as important as any other course you're taking Miss Sanderson. Remember that for next time." After spending the rest of the class begrudgingly paying attention in class, and diligently taking notes, the bell finally rang. She shoved her supplies into her bag, and launched herself from the chair. The first song was flowing into her ears before she walked through the doorway.

Quote:
"...This is the part when I say I don't want ya. I'm stronger than I've been before. This is the part when I break free 'Cause I can't resist it no more..."
Grace almost ran to the equipment room, gracefully dodging the other bodies in the hall. She took the locker key out of her pocket, as she stopped in front of number 57. There, exactly the way she left it yesterday was her bow. Gideon. She took a minute to exchange her school bag for her quiver, and stuff her iPod into her pocket. She threw her hoodie on top of her bag and slammed the door with a clang. She counted her arrows, all 13; checked Gideon's bowstring, adjusted; put on her gloves; and headed out the door.

The sunlight assaulted her eyes, and she realized she forgot her sunglasses. Oh, well. Oliver said they blocked her vision while shooting anyway. The course was completely empty, as it always was during her lunch period. Other students were almost never out here without a hero or teacher present. Grace was one of the few that came here alone. She was sure there were others. The more advanced students always found places to be by themselves to further their specific training. Some even let people watch them. Grace didn't care if people watched her or not. She turned up her iPod and zoned in on the first target.

"That music isn't going to help you control your breathing," Oliver had said when they had started training. She had argued that the music actually helped her concentrate. That it was like being back in a club. She used the music to focus by timing her breath with the beat. He had looked at her skeptically stared at her, but said "You do need to control your breathing to shoot well." Grace drew a deep breath, and tapped her foot to the beat.

Quote:
"...more and more I love how you intoxicate me and I can't enough. You're inside me like a drug. You take me higher, higher..."
The first arrow struck too far to the left, the second was too high, the third was an inch from the center. Grace grunted, lowered Gideon, and tapped an arrow on her thigh. She had been so close to figuring out that new arrow, if only she could have worked on the equations more. She'd have finished the plan by now, and could focus on shooting. She could show off to Oliver how hard she was working, and maybe he would let her actually tag along on a mission. Oliver normally met her for a quick training session, and if he couldn't make it for whatever reason, he always texted her. She checked her phone - nothing. Grace tried to meditate, but she couldn't. She jogged the length of the range and back. At the end of every song she checked her phone - still nothing.

She spent the next few songs aiming from different places, but not loosing arrows. The bell rang, signaling the end of her lunch period. She left the three arrows in the target, and walked back to the equipment room. She ripped a piece of paper out of her notebook, wrote: "Practice was wonderful! Thanks so much GA!" and left it taped to her locker door. She zipped up her hoodie, put on her sunglasses, and shuffled to her next class.

Last edited by Wrenji-chan; 10-08-2014 at 07:53 AM..

Arc Angel

Old 09-29-2014, 03:14 AM

Wrapped up tightly in her own thoughts, Aysel only realized that the collision was about to happen as the other person in her path took a slight step backwards to prevent it. Stopping short of them in the air, she quickly lifted her gaze from the floor to apologize, only to find a familiar face. "Oh, Nis! Sorry!" She spoke in something of a flustered manner as her gaze found his mismatching, yet steady one. While a good portion of her classmates found him to be at least a bit of an intimidating guy, Aysel had never truly thought of him in that way. Perhaps he wasn't the most talkative person around, but he was certainly a kind, loyal friend. As she looked up at him, she even felt her body relax as her thoughts spun out of their vicious spiral and she took comfort in his presence.

One hand still covering her nose, fearful of any truth in the girl's earlier statement, her gaze lowered as he questioned her attitude. Of course he'd been able to pick up on that easily, the two did share a bond of both friendship and abilities that allowed this. It also seemed that he had a knack for finding her when she was down, defending her. Aysel had an unquestionable sense of gratitude towards him for that, for always being there, really, but it was embarrassing at times to admit to these circumstances she found herself in. Who wants to appear so weak, or awkward? "Well... I got into one of those situations again..." She began quietly, though she paused there as she felt his hand move to grab one of hers. They really weren't in the best place to speak in confidence.

Nisshoku seemed to be thinking similarly as he gently tugged her down the hall, her own slender fingers wrapping around his hand in turn as she trailed after him. Slowly, her embarrassment dissipated as her gaze studied after him, finding herself at peace by the time they had reached the library. He was perhaps one of the most understanding people she'd encountered here. Aysel could always go to him when she wanted someone to talk to, train with, or even just for company, to calm her. Starfire spoke often of him to her, and Aysel never had a problem responding to her odd questions or speaking fondly of him, but Starfire's reasoning for doing so had never quite been clear to Aysel. Of course, she was not the only one to ask her questions of the sort involving Nisshoku. Other classmates had as well.

As they stopped in the library, and he again asked her what was wrong, Aysel lowered herself with ease to the ground. Sighing softly, her purple gaze found his again, looking for a moment curiously between his mismatching eyes. She admired them, took shelter in the strength they seemed to provide her. It didn't hurt that they accompanied what she found to be a uniquely attractive face, either. Speaking up a bit more confidently this time, she relayed the happenings of the training room. "I heard some girls talking about Conner... trains under Nightwing? Anyways, one said that he appeared 'hot.' I was not sure why, he was no where near fire or anything..." Her curiosity returned, eyes held a tad wide as her purple gaze remained steady upon him.

Tilting her head slightly as she wondered over it again, she then frowned a little. "So, I asked. She got very upset, told me to 'buzz off', and that..." As her thoughts recollected towards the reason she yet covered her nose, her cheeks flushed a bit. Surely, Nisshoku of all people wouldn't judge her too harshly if her nose had indeed turned brown, right? Even so, she as quite terrified of the prospect of having a brown nose. "Nis, is my nose brown?" She questioned, finally lifting away her hand as she hesitantly awaited an answer from him. This was when their privacy was put to an end. As the door opened, Aysel's hand that yet held his tightened as her gaze drew to the door they'd entered through.

Her lips parted with surprise as the other girl darted in, apologizing and putting forth her strange request. "What-?" Aysel began with a start, but her opportunity to speak came and went as the other went about slipping back behind the shelves in the corner of the library. Blinking in surprise, Aysel's gaze returned to Nisshoku as she was unsure of what to think. Clearly enough, she appeared to be in trouble, but what it was all for eluded her. If only she'd remained in the training room for a couple of minutes longer....

Last edited by Arc Angel; 09-29-2014 at 06:16 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-29-2014, 11:50 PM

He watched her for a moment, saying nothing as she looked at him. Her hand was over her nose, for a moment he wondered what was up with that. She then said that she had gotten herself into one of those situations once more. He sighed a bit, he knew all to well what she meant. She seemed to get herself in these kind of situations a lot. He did not mind, but he knew others did. She asked a lot of questions. Most of the time they were innocent, but they tended to rub others the wrong way at times. He nodded a bit, a sign of understanding what she meant. He remained silent however, waiting for her to continue on with what had happened fully. When she began to speak about the girls and Conner, his frown once more returned.

Females, they seemed to indeed be mainly the ones who stirred up trouble within this school, where Aysel was concerned. Female heros, or wannabe heros in this case. Then again, they were all teenagers, he had come to learn that teens here in this world were indeed something of...moody and full of themselves. She went on to say they told her to buzz off, and he felt a bit of sadness tug at his heart. What she asked next though surprised him a bit. Was her nose brown? He tilted his head slightly, looking at her with genuine curiosity. He was going to answer, when the door bursted open, and a girl game into the library. Her skin blue in color, he thought he had seen her around before. His mind distracted for a moment, he took a breath.

He pushed thoughts aside, before turning back to look at his friend. He shook his head, reaching a hand up to take hers, fully removing it from any attempts to cover her face. "Your nose is fine" he says, "not brown at all..." He thought for a moment, "perhaps they meant that you were placing your attention where it was not wanted?" he asked. He was not trying to be mean, he was a typical blunter man. "It seems the subject was indeed one of private intentions with the girl" he tugged a bit on the rim of his scarf, "I am sure they merely did not know your intentions...or that they are merely foolish." He shrughed, looking up at her, "I will speak with them if you desire it?" Of course he had no way of knowing what had just gone on with the other girl who had come in.

He knew she would probably not go for it, but he offered none the less. He did care for her, and did not desire to see her in such a way. He instead turned, holding her hand still. He tugged her along in silence, to a section of books he had been working with that morning. He ran a finger along them with a free hand, while the other did not let go of her hand. It was an innocent enough motion for him, he did not even think of what it could mean to those who were watching. He found a book he was looking for, slipping it from the shelf. It was a book on Earthly mannerisms and language. He handed it to her, finally releasing her hand as he did so. "Perhaps this might be of use to you?" the library was one to constantly get new material, especially with the addition of new students and classes.

He tilted his head a bit, as he looked at her. "I have heard many rumors of this one called Conner...from what I have seen personally he is an...interesting person" he blinked a bit, "many seem to find him a topic of discussion...." He shrugged, "either way, such females are foolish for not understanding...you merely are curious by nature, it is a part of you. The best way to fit into one's surroundings is to learn information on them..." He gently scratched his cheek with a finger, "besides....such curiosity...suits you nicely..." It was awkward, but it was a compliment, his way at least. He was not good with people or words, and it showed. It was one of the reasons for his standings with others. He tried though, especially when it was her. He was trying to do better, partially for her, to explain himself and feelings better.

Then again, talking to others was exhausting enough as it was. People were quick to judge, to jump to conclusions. They seemed to think they always knew what was best for people, what they truly desired, what they felt, or who they were without asking. Such assumings were something that got on his nerves. He prefered people to get to know him before making their conclusions. Though many who tried did not get far. He was a complex individual, a mass of contradictions and opposites. He knew that frustrated people, it was one reason that tied into why he was trying to get better as well. He turned away, brushing off his comment by looking at the nearby books. His eyes on their titles for a moment, he had fallen silent once more. It was impossible as most people said to know what was going through his head at these times, he was a master with a poker face as they said.

Arc Angel

Old 09-30-2014, 02:44 AM

Upon hearing his words of her nose, Aysel immediately let out a sigh of relief. That would have surely been an embarrassing issue on its, aside from this. "Thank goodness! I would prefer not to have it changing colors." She spoke with a rush of joy, eyes glistening happily for the moment. A small smile lit her face as he gently took and removed her hand from it altogether, leading her gaze to linger on their held hands for a moment before trailing back to his gaze. The mixture of hearing that her nose was indeed alright and the comfort she received from his stern, yet caring course of action had granted her a full recovery from the incident. Now, smiling sweetly as per usual, she looked up at him curiously as he tried to explain what may have happened.

Tapping her chin thoughtfully at what he suggested, Aysel digested the information carefully, thinking back to the little incident. Nisshoku had approached the subject bluntly, but doing so never offended Aysel. He often knew better than her why such situations happened, to she was just glad for his input. The Sevdu were emotionally open people, so his blunt nature in general wasn't something of a problem to her. It did remind her of home in some ways, though he certainly was not of her race, his self. "Perhaps I embarrassed her, then, if she meant to keep it private..." She spoke her thoughts aloud, gaze fixed on him though her mind worked on piecing his words with her question earlier. It did make some sense, if calling Conner hot was indeed something the other had meant to keep quiet. Aysel didn't understand why she then chose to say it in a crowded training session, but that was a question for another day.

Then, blinking as she came back from her thoughts, she grinned up at him. "I appreciate the offer, but I feel I have a proper understanding now. Thank you, Nis." She replied warmly, clearly grateful of the offer. She was used to having his help, his offers of assistance, and sometimes she did indeed need them, if things escalated to a certain point. However, she disliked the idea of needless confrontation or taking up too much of his time. Sometimes, she felt she did enough of that on her own, without her little problems. As he turned, she didn't question the movement, but instead followed along behind him. Aysel put blind trust into him even when he didn't explain his actions, especially on the battle field. There was little need to communicate with this understanding they shared and her learned reliance on him.

As he found and offered her the book, her curiosity got the best of her as her smile faded and her attention fixed on it as she turned it over in her hands. While she was fluent with English, her manner of speaking and slang knowledge were beyond poor. This book was indeed something of a gift, to know of its existence. Hugging it to her chest, arms folded over it, she swirled once in the air with an excited smile passing over her face. "Ah, it is perfect! I am sure it will be of good use!" She exclaimed, then holding it out to look over once more before her gaze returned to him as he made mention of Conner. She nodded briefly, noting the curious tilt of his head as she, too, had heard other speaking of him. Aysel knew his face and name, but aside from whispers, she did not actually know much of the man in question.

What caught her attention, however, was not his mention of Conner. It was his next choice of words, his encouragement of her nature as he proceeded to give her his style of compliment. Coming from Nisshoku, it was a surprise, but also a great delight to hear. Immediately, she once more lifted from the ground, hovering there a few inches above it as her features brightened, warmed by the notion. It was unlike him to try to say something in this way, and it wasn't beyond her to grasp that and cherish it. "I am glad that you think so." She replied after a moment, arms tightening their hold on the book she held just a bit.

He shifted away to look at a shelf of books, leaving her to herself for a few moments as her gaze yet trailed after him. When he quieted, she often wondered about his thoughts. It was not often that he spoke for long periods of time, and although she could typically get a decent reading on his emotions, the lack of words at times drove her curiosity. She did not prod him over it, but it always made her wonder. Still, she had learned that his silence did not necessarily mean that she was not welcome to speak to him. There were still a few things lingering on her mind as she, too shifted her gaze to the shelves of books.

"Many females seem to find you a topic of discussion as well." She commented briefly, recalling the questions she had received and the whispers she had caught. Some were rude, quite frankly, questioning what kind of person he was... They just did not know him quite as she did. Others, however, and quite a few in number were speaking of him the way many spoke of Conner. Aysel found herself agreeing with the nicer ones, that he was strong, mysterious, edgy in fashion, and rather handsome. Saying nothing of it as her thoughts drifted, she instead asked a question of him, though this one was not beyond the reach of normalcy. "Are you to train with Beast Boy after school? Starfire mentioned spending time with Raven. I was wondering if you, too, wished to spend time--?" Her question was cut short be a loud slam of the library door, vines of thorns spreading quickly across the floor as an angry aura spread into the room.

~ . Eliseo Tyrell . ~
Green Thumb

Conner O'Niel, late to class yet again. "Tch," Eliseo responded shortly to the teacher's lack of true discipline, his fingers tapping in an aggravated manner on the desk before him as his gaze drew to bore into the back of the other's head. Such a lack of respect, such audacity! Was this guy serious about becoming a hero? Sighing heavily, Eliseo shook his head and let his gaze drift back to where the teacher stood before the class, attentive but also settling thoughts that clouded his mind. How someone could call themselves a deliverer of justice, a true hero, without discipline he wasn't sure. Most common day heroes Eliseo even saw problems with, much the less many of his fellow classmates.

Two seats down a couple of girls giggled amongst themselves, assumedly due to Conner as well, leading him to send a rather cold gaze in their direction. Giggling during class, over something disrespectful, was not something Eliseo would just handle. The two quieted quickly, but instead resumed whispering- at an audible level, mind you- over the 'scary disciplinary committee's president' that had sent them such a gaze. Unamused and unimpressed by this group of classmates, his mind fogged over while the professor gave notes up until the point where his cell screen lit. Blinking, he looked down at it with a sense of urgency. It read, 'Situation Report: Dahlia Darkholme responsible for the assault of Kay Flat near the training center.' That was all the necessary information needed for Eliseo to stand suddenly, grabbing his backpack and dragging it to the front of the room with one hand.

The cold had again swept across his face, a sense of duty overtaking his demeanor. "Out to fix a problem? You'll need to stop by my office to make up the assignment after school." The teacher explained, leading him to nod and bow his head respectfully. "Yes, sir." He replied, though his throat dried a bit. Decryptor keys certainly weren't his strong suit, let alone most academic subjects, so he knew that the set back would do nothing to improve his results. What he was leaving behind on his desk was a messy mass of cords, with little to no proper connections, let alone a working function. The teacher sighed as Eliseo left the class and he observed the horrid product, shaking his head but continuing the lesson without a hitch.

"Dahlia Darkholme." Eliseo murmured, removing the brass knuckles from his pocket as the rose within his pocket worked its charms on its own. Vines growing to wrap about his knuckles, too, he felt to pain from them as his focus was instead solely focused on one thing, justice. Justice in the form of punishing intolerable behavior at school, and this time it came from a girl whose face he knew. It took some questioning to properly track her location, some unnerved reactions gained by the cold edge in his voice as he questioned various people present in the training room as well as throughout the halls. Many stared after him, whispers spurred about the scary look on his face as well as rumors of his over-the-top use of force, his habit for destroying things. Eliseo paid them no mind, instead allowing his gaze to fixate on the library door as he approached it. Just before reaching it, with a surge of energy, he slammed his fists into the tiled floor before it to unleash a rapid spread of vines into the room, not only opening the door on their own but removing it from its hinges as they moved into the library.

Then standing casually, taking his time, he walked on in, stepping over the rambling thorns with familiarity. "Dahlia Darkholme, you're under student arrest for disturbing the peace." He spoke with a low voice, barking tone as a police officer may have. The words were tacky, but that fact was beyond Eliseo. Stepping past the first few rows of shelves, he met the gaze of Aysel as he stopped before the row her and Nisshoku stood in. Looking between the two for a moment, Aysel remaining quiet, he then shifted onwards, eyes scanning the room carefully before he decided this was taking too long. "Show yourself!" He demanded sternly, bringing a fist to a tabletop, promptly breaking it, but allowing the vines entwining it to moved with haste across the broken wood. They moved over the floors, tipping and winding between book shelves, sprawling out in search of their target.

Standing posed with his hands angled on his hips, chin up, Eliseo awaited a response.

Halloween hangout + contests!

Vanth
Away with family!

Old 09-30-2014, 05:09 AM

Dahlia’s eyes flew over the pages, what lay in front of her was line after line of a life that touched a strange part of her soul. She saw an intricate story of sadness and anger and suffering that she hoped she would never, one day, be able to comprehend. She felt a sort of strange connection to this individual, his early life appeared to be much like her own, at least in some aspects. She read more and more, trying to take in as much as possible when she stopped, eyes widening, on a single word, ‘antihero.’ The concept was vaguely familiar to her. She thought she remembered something about it from English Literature. Acting on a sudden urge to know more, she began to scan the titles of nearby volumes, pulling out any and every book there was about antiheroes, creating a stack just tall enough to fit in her locker and still allow room for the books her classes deemed ‘necessary.’ She was determined to learn anything and everything about the heroes documented before her, or speak to them in person if at all possible. A strange feeling bubbled up inside of Dahlia. A concept she had considered vague in learning came to life before her. These were real heroes, they didn’t always follow the rules, they had messed up lives like she did, but they were heroes because they believed that justice was something that could be achieved through individual acts of heroism, no matter the qualities of the hero.

She began her trek to the front of the library, several books in her arms. She twisted herself among the shelves, careful to try and reverse her original steps exactly so as to not become lost in the abyss of paper and dust. Her thoughts wandered and ultimately rested on her own life. She wasn’t exactly experiencing an easy transition into hero life, she was breaking so many habits to form their exact opposites and the constant back and forth with her mentor was starting to drive her a little crazy, it was no wonder she snapped and punched someone. She had started to become afraid that she was destined to be a villain and that all of this effort to ‘reform’ her was a waste of time.

Dahlia thought for a moment on what it would be like to return to life on the darker side. She could leave all of the schoolwork, training, mentors, putting up with hero brats that she wasn’t allowed to fight, and controlling her anger. She shook her head, not even believing the kinds of thoughts she was thinking. Sure it would be nice if she could live by her own rules again, but she would never be a villain as long as she had Nan. That feisty old woman was going to keep her in line long after she was gone.

Suddenly she heard a crash and her name being called, ‘Oh great, he’s here,’ she thought to herself with a sigh. She had been in trouble several times since being moved to YJA. She was very familiar with the habits of the school’s disciplinary committee president, as his presence could never be ignored. His stance on the conventions of heroism were clean cut and well defined, albeit a bit radical. Unluckily for Dahlia, Eliseo was an uncompromising and cold person who would never understand the circumstances of her lapse in behavior.

The call was followed by several more noises, she assumed all of them came from objects being unnecessarily broken in the wave of impatience that had come calling. She continued to wind herself back to the main part of the library, “Don’t get your panties in a knot, Tyrell, I’m here. You can't exactly resist arrest when all the hiding spots are in the same place.” She came out from behind a bookshelf and tripped slightly over the vines he had unleashed upon the room. It was only after she was staring him dead in the eye that she realized she was still holding the books she had taken from the shelf.

Looking around for a place to set them, she noticed the broken table on the ground. Her eye twitched a bit. ‘Was that really necessary?’ She opted for placing the books on a nearby shelf instead. "So I'm guessing it's the same drill? You'll seize all possessions that could be considered usable weapons, explain to me why I'm being detained, and then we take a little trip to the detention center." Dahlia was making light of the situation because she had already accepted it, and she knew her 'captor' had absolutely no sense of humor, but the truth of the matter was that the detention center wasn't exactly a place any person would want to be. It was designed to contain unruly super children. Cold white walls contained the technology to suppress all powers. It was more like a prison than part of the school.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 09-30-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
"We'll never know what stands behind the door. But I got a feeling and it's a feeling that's worth dying for.
Just close your eyes and hold your breath because it feels right. We'll keep it moving until we make it to the other side, and let's enjoy the ride..."
Grace looked up as Conner slid into class, late, as usual. She smirked at him and shook her head. He'd probably been training, like she had been. Though, due to her obsession with music, she could at least keep time properly. She out her iPod into her bag and reached for the arrow blueprint, only to remember she didn't have it. She had wanted to show it to Conner, because gadgets were his specialty, and he could have helped her figure out what had go wrong with her calculations. Instead, she picked through the various pieces on the desk in front of her.

Decriptor keys. What would she even need one of those for? It's not like she ever actually broke into anything. Normally, when she was paired with someone for a training mission, it was someone with technical skills - like Conner. They'd worked together a couple of times. Enough for Grace to know that he was a bonafide computer. She watch him tinker with the small bits of metal. He wasn't even looking at his book, like everyone else. Mr. Tech was muttering angrily against the board. Grace chuckled. Mr. Tech hated people being late to his class, and probably hated Conner being late most of all. It's not like Conner needed the class. He was training under Nightwing. He had probably one of the best gadgets mentors at the school.

Grace fiddled with the parts, checking her book every few seconds and muttering "Damn." She was better at drafting tech than she was at actually building it. Oliver had told her to take this class, so she could start making her own special arrows. She preferred to use plain arrows, though Oliver had some rather creative ones. Her thoughts dwelt on Oliver for a few minutes longer. She still hadn't gotten a message about why he had missed training practice. She'd checked her phone three times between leaving the equipment room and sitting down in class.

She snapped back to attention when she pinched her finger between two parts. "Son of a Bit-" She shouted shaking her hand, and putting her finger to her mouth. A few people in the class had turned to stare at her, a few laughed. Most people in the class knew she wasn't tech-savvy. Mr. Tech looked over his shoulder and said, "Please refrain from injuring yourself further this class, Miss Sanderson. It had almost been a week since your last... incident." It's not like she had meant to start her desk on fire last week, she had just been humming the lyrics to a new song, and she accidentally added a bit too much powder. "Yes, Sir." She muttered, wishing she could put her headphones on and drowned the class with noise.

Last edited by Wrenji-chan; 10-08-2014 at 07:53 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-01-2014, 12:34 AM

He looked up to her words of relief, at her nose being fine. He watched her with a slight look of curiosity, as expected she turned down his proposal. He did not mind, he did not wish to put her out, so it was fine. He listened to her talk, his own attention on her, but his eyes on the books. He was glad that she liked the book, and he hoped that it was going to indeed be of use to her. She then chose to bring up him, saying that females found him as a topic of discussion as well. He frowned, this he knew. Many whispered about him, both in a good and bad way. He tended to ignore it, but her bringing it up pulled all of his attention onto her now. He watched the way she reacted, and it was not helping to ease his mind.

She seemed to brush it off, bringing up instead, what he was doing after school. He blinked, she seemed to be about to ask him to spend time with her, when the door was busted open. His eyes immediately turned to the door, his body tensing. The doors were thrown off their hinges, and he glared at the one stepping inside. Plants grew along, not bothering to take care in what they covered, as they flowed into the space. The man who had entered began then yelling. Nisshoku knew him, the head of the disiplinary committee. Someone who preached about following the rules, and had just busted a door down. His hands clenched, he glared silently at the man, as the girl who had come in before stepped out to confront him.

His eyes moved to the vines, to the man and back. He could not stand for this. The library was a sacred place, one he held close to his heart. Raven did as well, and she was close to his heart as well. This boy thought he could just jump in and do as he wished? His jaw clenched, as he passed Aysel. He ignored the gazes, ignoring the entire thing. He could not have cared less at the moment. He stepped right up to the man, reaching out to take a hold of the front of his shirt. "Get your filty plants off of the books" he said in a low and cold voice, his eyes right on the other. "I care not for your business here, it gives you no right to do as you wish....take your business out of here now, before you regret bringing it inside" it was not a threat, no, it was a promise.

He kept his eyes on the other's, releasing his shirt moments later. He would give him an opportunity to do just that. If not, he would be in for another problem. It made him sick, the vines curling along and running over the books. The doors now in shambles. His hands clenched tightly. "Call yourself a man of justice and yet you do this" his eyes once more on the other, "what kind of justice is this? Have you not broken many rules just now yourself?" He bit his tongue slightly, as he resisted the urge to skip conversation and whack the guy. He was normally one for peaceful resolutions, but certain things just pushed his buttons the wrong way. This would be one of them.

He sighed, violence would only cause more danger and trouble. He knew this, but he could not help it. This man was defiling a place of learning, calm and a sanctuary. Many of the books were older, and the vines could damage them. Many could not be replaced, many were one of a kind. This was crossing a line, even for him. He glared at the male once more, waiting for his reply, which would surely be faced with more opposition. The other was not the brightest man, and he was more of a man of brawn. He did not care what he did when he was on one of his high and mighty rants, which left the school and sometimes others in harms way. As long as he could, Nisshoku would not allow it to happen. However, he was aware it could cause trouble for him to.

Conner had been working, glancing over at a girl he knew well as the teacher spoke to her. She had seemed to have gotten herself in a bit of trouble. He chuckled, Grace, she was an interesting one indeed. He glanced away as the teacher looked towards him, saying nothing for a moment, until he was out of earshot. He turned his attention back to her then. "Another average days, never fun without a teacher gunning for your head" he laughed lightly, attaching a wire in his own project. The screen flickered, then slowly came to life. The internal work was coming along nicely, the body would be the last part and easy. It was more of just a cosmetic kind of thing, make it look pretty. He looked over to her's, knowing she was not really one for the technical side. One of the reasons he was often paired up with others, was for his expertiese in the field.

"Need help? He never said we could not...assist" he smiled, not one to mind lending a hand. He was usually done with these kinds of things quickly enough, so there was nothing else for him to do but twiddle his thumbs. That was not in his personality though, he was not one to merely sit around and do nothing. It was like nails on a chalkboard to him, annoying. He could often times hear the clock ticking, the minutes slipping away. It drove him mad, though odly enough, patience in the field he could do. Perhaps it was a thing of knowing when rushing in could ruin everything. Either way, it was something he did try to work on. He looked at the clock, they had plenty of time, so there was no rush for an answer or for her to worry about not getting done.

He was not worried about her though, she was a smart girl. She could handle herself, and had proven that many times on the battle field. His mind drifted back a bit to his own battle this morning. He had done great, his speed and skill was excellent. He knew he was capable of more, but that might have just been his natural tendancy to push himself talking. He always tried to get better, to work harder and harder. Many did not know that about him, many saw the fruits of the labor, or the labor he wanted them to see. It was not all as easy as they had seen in the field this morning or ever. Many should know that, their line of work took a lot of practice and dedication. He just did most of his harder work on his own, without the praying eyes on him.

Not that he hated the eyes, no, everyone liked to see their hard work be appriciated. He was not a show off, like some of the others. Those who did constant battles in the dome to show off their work in flashy ways. He did his to better himself, and at times took on challengers. On the school computer system, each student had their own personal accounts. They could go under a section specifically for the arenas and training, looking at a variety of things. They could see rankings, where they stood against others, start challenges, tournaments and more. Part of it was just for fun, but it also held insintive to better them. Again, some just liked to show off. He sighed a bit, wishing he could be training or something, rather than here doing nothing.

Arc Angel

Old 10-01-2014, 01:39 AM

While he hadn't gotten the chance to verbally reply, or rather, with Nis' chance to do so obliterated as the head of the disciplinary committee stormed the library, the only reaction to any of her words that Aysel was really able to read from him was what she though to be a slight frown. It occurred right after she mentioned the girls of the school, she noted. Biting her bottom lip slightly with the thought in mind, she wondered if she'd crossed some boundary there. Surely, the other females wouldn't like her speaking about what they'd said, but perhaps it bothered him too. Her eyes lingered on him at first only with this thought. Maybe it had been wrong of her to mention anything about his being attractive, at all. Many friends wouldn't do such a thing. Rubbing her cheek for a moment, thoughtfully, it all flew away quickly from her as Nisshoku stepped past her to face Eliseo.

Turning to allow her gaze to follow his actions, seeing him as heated up as he appeared to be, her eyebrows drew together slightly. That was right, the library did certainly seem of great importance to him. He seemed to spend a lot of time here, from what she knew, and didn't need her knowledge of reading energy to understand his pain with this situation. Seeing this side of him as well as the unnecessary destruction before her, a pinch of anger twisted in her gut as her gaze hardened and she drifted slowly into the clearing that had been made to stand with the others. Aysel was often embarrassed when her powers ran rampant, so seeing someone purposefully cause destruction also prodded at her unpleasantly. Who would just come into a building with the intent to do... this?

"Be careful." She spoke simply after Nis, not that he needed it. He was strong, appeared angry, and had good reason to be up in arms, in her opinion. It was the matter of Eliseo's harsh nature, and position on the committee, that worried her a bit.

. _ . ________________________________________ . _ .

As his target stepped on out, something of a grin passed over Eliseo's face. Justice found another victory, here. Of course, only since it was delivered in what he believed to be its purest form-- unrestrained, simple action. Cracking his knuckles as she spoke up, his gaze moved dismissively from her to his hands. "My underwear are far from being knotted, thank you." He replied first, coldly, before lifting his gaze to rest on her once more as he corrected, "You can't exactly resist when faced with justice, you mean. A real criminal will always fold to it." His statements were bold, and he was well aware of their radical quality, but he cared not. This was the simple way in which he thought, in which everything was in black or white, right or wrong.

Lacking the sense to understand that she wasn't taking the situation seriously, he nodded curtly in her direction as she spoke of the procedures. "Precisely. Daredevil will be notified, as well, and school service may be assigned. Now, if you will..." His voice trailed off a bit, as his peripherals picked up movement. He refused to observe the approaching figure, however, up until his shirt was grabbed. Then, casually, his purple gaze slid to the man holding him. His face rang a bell, but his name wasn't something he knew off the top of his head. Yet, by the look in his eyes and the intensity of his words, Eliseo mentally noted that perhaps he shouldn't take this lightly. Eliseo, the a committee present, was being threatened, after all.

His hands remained casually at his sides as he stared down at Nisshoku, his chin tilting up a bit as his features remained blank. Quiet for a few moments as he allowed the other to speak fully, his gaze did eventually trail to the books, shelves, table, and door he had all just destroyed. The other prompted a question, then; was it justice? The answer was plain enough to Eliseo. This being said, before he had even begun to speak, the vines all slowly began to retract themselves. Closing his eyes for a moment as he was released, he straightened up his shirt a bit before making his reply. "If it means apprehending a criminal with super abilities, you can be sure it is worth destruction of this sort." He spoke lowly, too, his gaze taking a hard edge as it bore into Nisshoku. The other had dealt him a threat, him and his philosophies, and Eliseo didn't much like being cornered. Had it been another time, or place, perhaps this would have escalated.

Sighing softly as the last of his vines returned to the single rose they'd grown from, he placed one of his hands on his face as if troubled. "I am not fond of destroying school property. You do have some point, here. I assure you, the library staff will see this fixed." He spoke dismissively, turning on his heel in an attempt to switch his attentions, but another spoke up. Aysel.

Watching from the sidelines made her anxious, but Aysel didn't wish to step in and possibly further escalate things. Yet, she did remain at the ready, floating at the edge of the clearing and watching the three involved carefully. She felt the energy flow within her, steadied and well-controlled even as it kindled based on her pangs of anger. Nisshoku cared for this library, so that meant she did. Aysel would not simply see her friend's feelings hurt. This was why, when Eliseo mentioned the library staff picking up his mess, she finally snapped and cried out, "You should be the one to fix your own messes!" Her eyes glowed dimly, hands held tight at her sides as her eyebrows furrowed. She was frustrated - not fuming with anger, truly - with the situation. Being caught between a lesser school official of sorts and her inward feeling of disgust, she bit her tongue to say no more. That outburst, she felt, had been enough to express her sentiment.

Eliseo calmly eyed the white-haired girl who spoke up for a moment, his jaw tensing, but he said nothing. Now was not the time or place, and he believed this was known. Instead, turning and approaching Dahlia with a calmed composure, he held out an arm expectantly. "If you would, remove and surrender your weapons." He began, then continuing on with what seemed to be a trained speech of his. "You are being detained for the purpose of assault on one of your peers. This behavior is not accepted as an academy standard, and will be duly punished for it. The extent of your detainment is left to the administration, until release unto your prospective hero's care. You will be given the chance to explain yourself to them in due time, after which you may meet further punishment." His voice was clear, but with a cold edge to it. It was rather like a police officer's obligatory reading of the Miranda Rights, but in the academy's own way. Afterwards, if she had cooperated in turning over her weapons, he would clear his voice a little. "Hands behind your back, please." It was common practice to place power-draining cuffs on the wrists of all those detainment was deemed the need for, regardless of the severity of the 'crime.' As such, he held in plain sight the pair he intended to use on her.

As she received no response, Aysel felt herself instead calm as she took a deep breath. Her gaze moved to the girl Eliseo was now in the process of detaining, she assumed. She wondered what had happened to cause this, what she could've done... but it wouldn't be polite to ask, she was sure. At least, not now. Then, looking about the destruction briefly, she cringed. This would surely mean a lot or work. The library was a place she considered safe, cozy, full of knowledge, so it was sad to see this. She may only view it this way because of the connection she drew from it to Nisshoku, she realized as she bent down to pick up a few of the books carefully, but it was still how she felt for the place. After having collected an armful, her gaze then shifted to the man in question. Nisshoku. She wanted to see how he had reacted to all of this, this drama. Her eyebrows were still drawn in closer as she drifted slowly to his side, placing a gentle hand on his forearm in something of a questioning manner.

Halloween hangout + contests!

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 10-01-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
"That these are the days that bind you together, forever, And these little things define you forever, forever."
Grace smiled weakly at Conner, her eyes full of embarrassment. "Oh, god. Would you? Tech is going to flunk me if I get anymore assignments wrong. And then Oliver will - well, be Oliver." Grace assumed that Conner knew who her mentor was, even by his civilian name. How many archers were there, anyway? And the "big guys" new each others alter-egos. It would make sense that their sidekicks knew too. That, and Conner was a genius anyway. Oliver often referred to the Heroes by their alter-egos, so Grace got into a habit of doing it to. Oliver told her it was okay, just not to their faces. Though, he chuckled at the though of Grace saying "Mr. Batman".

"I actually had something that I wanted you to look at." She said grabbing a spool of thick, silver wire. "A new arrow prototype. But... my anatomy teacher took it." She angrily sniped the wire, perhaps a bit too long - she wasn't really measuring. She looked at her book... she had cut the wrong thickness of wire. She hit her forehead with her right had. "Dammit." She muttered.

She was having difficulty focusing.Because of the activity, the class was being rather quiet, as everyone was busy working. A few students that had finished were talking to their friends. Mr. Tech was doing something at his desk. Probably writing a letter to Oliver about her latest disgrace. She was embarrassed that Oliver had the teachers writing to him about her studies. She knew he meant well.

Grace's heart was starting to beat a bit faster, as it normally did when she became anxious. She began drumming on the desk with her fingers, while shuffling mindlessly through the parts with her other hand. She started quietly humming one of her favorite songs.

Quote:
"O-o-h child things are gonna get easier. O-o-h child things 'll get brighter..."
Even though Grace preferred modern club music, she had a few specific playlists on her iPod that she used to calm herself down. Her guilty pleasure was songs from the 1970s, and classical music. Though, looking at her, no one would guess. She knew how to play the piano, a little bit. Her mother had insisted on lessons. Though, it had been almost two years since Grace had touched a piano. Her sole source of music now was her iPod.

Grace's iPod had been a gift from Oliver, after she had protested about not being able to listen to music. For all the rules he had for her, he did listen to her opinions. He'd actually asked her for a list of small things she wanted to make her transition to the school easier, and did his best to supply them. Though, when she jokingly asked for alcohol, he gave her a lecture about it's negative effects on her "growing and developing brain". She smiled at the memory.

"I'm hopeless at technology." Grace chuckled, grabbing the correct wire, measuring it, and cutting it.

Last edited by Wrenji-chan; 10-08-2014 at 07:54 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-01-2014, 08:38 PM

Yukio Akari

Yukio felt a headache coming on, the pain already beginning to throb inside his head. He slid a hand through the front of his hair, as another form slid into the chair next to him. Knee high black boots with red laces caught his attention, as slim legs crossed. His eyes lifted to meet icy blue ones, and a smile tugging at perfectly glossed lips. Jinx, the secretary of the committee, and the highest social figure within the school. She tilted her head a bit, as it rested on her hand. Perfectly red polished nails curling onto her cheek. “You ok Prez?” she asked. She always called him that, Prez. Some thought it was disrespectful, but their opinions never mattered to her. He nodded, giving a light smile. “Yeah, sorry…just a headache…” he sighed. She pouted lightly, sliding her free hand over to rest on top of his.

Awe, perhaps you should skip class, go rest for awhile?” he shook his head, they were going to have a meeting in awhile. Her phone beeped, and she pulled it out, glancing at the screen. “Seems there’s been a little scuffle in the training arena...” she laughed when she saw who was involved, “two scuzzy going to get in trouble with the big bad weed.” By weed, she meant Eliseo that was how she referred to him. Everyone tended to get a nickname with her. Some good, some bad, and they rarely changed. It was one of the things people seemed to like or not. Some loved getting a nickname from her, a sign they had been noticed. Others saw it as her not being able to be bothered with remembering their actual names.

He frowned lightly, picking up his own phone. Moments later, he got the alert. She seemed to oddly always be the one to know things first. Many said she had spies all around school, many people wrapped around her finger. He did not believe nor doubt this at the same time. Glancing at the clock, he sighed, it had not even been half a day and trouble was already sprouting up. He stood, gaining a look from Jinx, who had taken to spinning one of her blonde curls around a finger. “I should go interject..before Eliseo decides to overkill the situation..” he was very aware of the other’s tendancy to do just that. She pouted once more, before standing herself. "Ugh, dosn't that weed have anything better to do than prance around like he's count justice or something?" she smirked a bit, "would have been a far better name for him."

Yukio smiled slightly, reaching out a hand to her, which she took. "I am sure he is aware of his methods being over the top but he is...passionate" he led her to the door. "Passion on the battle field like that, translates to bad passion in the sack" she laughed again, Yukio pausing to look at her. "Awe come on, we're not going to be kiddies forever, sidekicks or not, we will one day have to step up our game" she passed him, pushing open the door. He sighed for a moment and nodded, "indeed...nothing lasts forever." He followed her into the hall, noting a few glances in their direction. Many said they were polar opposites in many ways, which led for many worrying that she was going to be a bad influence upon him in the end. He nodded to a few people as they passed, saying hello to them and making small talk at a few parts.

He ignored the growing headache, doing his best to remain poised and fluent as they walked. He appeared to do it naturally on the outside, but the inside was another story. It took some work to do. He chuckled a bit, people did have an odd view of him. They really were pathetic fools. He paused, blinking a bit. Had that come from his mind? He placed a hand to his head, Jinx looking at him a bit worried. "You sure you're ok?" she asked again. He nodded, giving her a small smile. "I am ok...sorry..." he shook his heead, that had been out of place indeed, unlike him. Then again he had been feeling off lately, something darker stirring within him. He had not been himself at points, and some had taken notice to it. He did not want to unnerve them, make them feel ill at ease.

So he remained on the surface as he always had, poised and elegant. He took a breath, turning to ask one of the advisors as they came running up to check on the other female involved who had gotten harmed in the fight. They then neared the library, and he noticed the doors and the floor before them first. The damage had already begun indeed. Jinx giggled from his side, seeming amused by this. He sighed, wondering what Eliseo had gotten himself into this time. He hoped the other was not going to do anything that would cause him to get into trouble as well, that was a tricky conversation with the head of the discipline committee. He paused outside the door, glancing in to assess the situation.

Conner watched Grace, as she made another mistake. She had seemed happy about his offer, so he slid over into the seat at the station next to her. Thankfully the one who usually sat there was out today. He leaned his head on his hand for a moment, nodding at her comment about Oliver. Some of the heros were stricter, it depended on who you got. Nightwing could be the same, but when you had once been training under Batman, that colder brooding nature was bound to happen. He had a lot of rules and such that he had to follow as well. Thankfully, he had not done to much of upsetting his mentor, not in the ways some might have. He was not perfect however, he had a few problems with such things as athourity.

She played off her nerves as she usually did, with music. Not before telling him that she had wanted him to look at something. It seemed though that she did not have it anymore. The rules at the school could be stricter as well, depending on the area. She finally cut the right amount of wire, saying technology was not her forte. He smiled, picking up the mass of...whatever it was she was attempting to work on. He began to untangle and rewire, as he spoke up once more himself. "Everyone has their strengths....tech might not be your specialty, but no one can say you don't kick ass on the battlefield..." he smiled, but then glanced up towards the front, where the teacher was glaring at him.

"Sorry" he gave an innocent smile, being glared at a bit more, before the other went back to his work. He sighed, "ears like a hawk." He laughed a bit, looking over at Grace. "I am sure it was a good design, you can always show me later" he smiled, a slight subtle hint behind it. He was playful a lot of the time, sometimes more with her than with others. He had never come out and told anyone if he ever liked someone, saying that he did not most of the time. His work and schooling often took presidence over a social life. It was one of the things that they were faced with when taking up a position at the school, and a life of fighting crime with the heros.

They could not have it both ways, and they often found this out. They had little lives outside the school, if at all. If they did, it was often built on lies and secrecy. They could not talk about their work here. Those who dormed here had it harder, they did not have a home where they could invite the possible fiew friends they did meet outside of school back to. Those who did have homes outside of it had to sometimes even be careful not to endanger their parents. It was a web of complications and problems, but they all agreed that there were tons of times that it was worth it in the end. They were training to be superheros for heaven's sake.

They got to go out and experience things others could only dream of. They got to meet people that were the thing of movies and fairy tales as well. He lovved it, he loved being in the action and the life of something more than being an ordinary human being. He knew most others did as well, or why be here? Why be here with them, if you did not have a similar dream. He did not ask so bluntly what the dreams and such of others were, that was their business. However, he knew that on some level they all understood each other, and had a connection they could not explain.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 10-05-2014 at 06:30 PM..

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 10-01-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
"...And when the night is cloudy. There is still a light that shines on me. Shine on until tomorrow, let it be..."
Grace turned sideways in her chair, so she could face Conner; and so her right side faced the front of class. She appreciated that he acknowledged her when she spoke, few did. Of course, that's assuming she spoke to them in the first place, and her headphones weren't on. Like Tatina in anatomy, most people scoffed at her, or only half-listened, like Mr. Tech. It was something she liked about Conner; he was very good at listening.

She chuckled and returned his smile. "Thanks, Con. I needed that today." She watched as he picked up her mass of messily coiled wires. It looked like he was upbraiding a rope. The way his fingers moved reminded her of a pianist; quick, and precise. She wondered if he knew how to play. Grace waved meekly to Mr. Tech, as Conner apologized. She swore the man had a radar for her. She laughed quietly at Conner's comment. "Probably cybernetic hearing aids too." She added.

She sighed, remembering her design. "It was so awesome too. An explosive tipped arrow. Though..." she bit her lower lip. "My calculations about the amount of powder needed were uh, explosively wrong." She shook her head, causing her blonde hair to fall in front of her face; she brushed it behind her ear. She'd had her hair cut short when she was younger, after a drunken escapade. It was beneficial then, as she spent most mornings hugging a toilet, and hair got in the way. Now though, more than a year after, her hair had grown down to her shoulders. She had to tie it up, or braid it when she was on the range. She still wasn't used to it.

"I can't get it back from my anatomy teacher until tomorrow." She bit her lip again. "He, uh, locked it in his desk, in his locked classroom." She could beg Dr. Endo all she wanted, but she knew she wouldn't be able to get it back until then, so she hadn't bothered. It's not like Dr. Endo would have heard her case anyway. Of all of her teachers, he put up the least with her excuses. At least Mr. Tech would listen to Oliver. Dr. Endo easily got annoyed when one of his "star pupils" strayed from the path, and would not accept excuses for poor behavior from anyone.

She watched Conner's hands work a bit longer, before turning her attention to his face. She had to admit, he was rather good-looking. But that was a fact probably every girl at the YJA knew. Grace was certain she'd heard rumors about a Conner-Shadow fan club. She'd laughed at the idea then; at the people that acted like this was a regular high school, and that they could live regular lives. Grace even laughed at the notion of a regular life. She wished she wasn't the heir to a multi-million dollar company. She wished she could spend her days idly thinking about boys, instead of focusing on joint-mergers, accounts, and executive officers. Her future was already planned out for her. Even if she didn't stay as Oliver's sidekick, she still had expectations in the real world. She loved the freedom being at the school offered her. It was like her own little gilded cage.

She wrote a quick message on her notebook then slid it over so Conner could read it. Up for a midnight heist? Below that was written it's for a good cause? Even though she was training to be a sidekick, Grace still had a bit of a mischievous nature, being 16 and all. She had the perfect song picked out too.

Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-02-2014, 04:26 PM

Dahlia shot an apologetic look to the students that had gotten caught up in the wake of destruction. She hoped that if she was assigned school service that it would be to clean up the library. Even though Eliseo was the one that had caused the wanton demolition, she felt it was her fault for choosing this location as a hiding place. She could have just as easily hidden somewhere that students would be glad got destroyed, maybe put up a bit of a fight on purpose. ‘I knew I should have hidden in the math department.’

When Eliseo began talking to her again she rolled her eyes, matching her lip movements to the words of the familiar speech “Come now, Eliseo, I know it’s a formality but you should know me better by now, I don’t carry any weapons.” She held her wrists out to him, waiting to feel the familiar weight of the suppressor cuffs. ‘I guess it doesn't really matter what side I’m on, I still end up in handcuffs.’ She sighed, ‘I’m doing this hero thing all wrong.’

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, becoming impatient to leave and get her punishment over with. She knew that Daredevil would have some crazy assignment for her to do as punishment for getting in trouble in school again, she might even have to wear that damnable sidekick costume, which was currently crumpled into a ball at the very bottom of her hamper.

She thought about the first day she became his sidekick, she had threatened to quit several times, but in all of her stubbornness, he always managed to convince her to stay. He said there was a hero in her somewhere, she just had to find out how to let her loose, he even gave her a new name in an attempt to reshape her identity. “Chameleon is a villain,” He said, “but Mirage is a blank slate, a chance to start over.” but now even that name was becoming tainted by her seemingly unbreakable habits.

Dahlia was at least grateful that the staff assigned to the detention center were not all under the immediate assumption that she, or any other student that managed to wind up there, was not inherently evil, they just frequently handled situations in the completely incorrect way. Mr. Drake, otherwise known as Iceman, was a bit of a clown, and did his best to lighten the mood of the detention center. Dahlia often times went out of her way to get him as an overseer during her punishments. He was much better at talking her through her problems than Daredevil, and she felt a weird sort of friendship between them, even though she didn't take any of his accounting classes.

“So what are we waiting for, lets get this show on the road. I've got a punishment to receive, come on, chop-chop.” She pressed her wrists together, moving them up and down in an impatient manner. She was eager to leave behind the shame she felt under the gaze of the students in the library, even though she wasn't as eager to step in front of the administration of discipline. Even their official title sounded to her like a group of uncompromising vigilantes.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 10-03-2014, 12:54 AM

Nisshoku watched the other, silent for a moment as he waited for a responce. When the other casually seemed to fix himself, it caused a flicker of annoyance to cross his face. He watched, listening to his reasoning behind this. He was standing there, justifying this...brushing it off as if it was nothing. He clenched his jaw, he merely seemed casual in the responce of the staff cleaning it up. He felt for a moment as if he would snap, striking there, but Aysel spoke up. He glanced at her, as she said that the other should clean up his own mess. He glared at the man coldly, shaking his head.

"You are nothing more than abused justice....justifying needless overuse of power for your own self rightious war paths...you did not need to come stomping in here, no one was stopping you" he looked at him, "you used unneeded force against an opponent who is not even opposing you." As if on cue, the female stepped forward, willingly giving herself up. "You are not justice...you are simply aroggant force.." he clenched his hands lightly. Yukio took this time to interject, knowing such words would not go over well with the leader of the disciplinary committee. He stepped inside, he cleared his throat lightly, in an attempt to gain the other's attention and slate any rebounding anger Eliseo might have to the stab at him.

Jinx stepped in to, stepping over the doors, she flipped one of her pigtails behind a shoulder. "Sheesh....apparently someone has never heard of a doorknob, even though he has the brain of one" she shot a smirk at Eliseo. Yukio sent her a slight look, to get her to keep her comments to herself for now. Nisshoku looked over at the other. The student president of their class. He was a good guy, kind and more just than this pompus fool who was preaching, rushing in here with his power out justifying it in such an idiotic way. Yukio glanced at the damage for a moment and sighed, before his eyes turned to Eliseo.

"I am sure there is no need for such formalities" he spoke, meaning the cuffs, "she has agreed to go with you willingly, and will not cause you any trouble I am sure." He glanced at Dahlia, as if confirming this with her. "There is no need for any more force...I all of this can be taken care of in a civil manner, I have someone checking on miss Flat as we speak" he looked to Nisshoku, his look saddening slightly, "I will make sure personally that the library is renewed and fixed...I apologize for the trouble caused here with this situation. And for the danger of fear it might have put anyone here in." He then looked to Eliseo, "if you would please escort miss Darkholme, we can finish up here."

He was not mad at Eliseo, he knew the other well enough to know what he was like, what happened in situations of his job. He did not look at him with anger or pitty, not like others might look at him. He treated everyone with the same respect and calm as he did with everyone else. They were on good terms, friends even. Some would comment that Yukio might have been Eliseo's only friend, the only one who would put up with him besides the others on the committee or the teachers. He gave him a warm smile, and a slight not. He then turned to look at the damage once more, it would indeed take some work.

"For now, I think it is safer to ask all students to vacate the library temporarily while repairs and the investigation is underway" he knew Eliseo could be quite thurough with each case...he was certainly one for justice after all, wanting to make sure he saw it through. You had to admire him for that. Nisshoku glared at Eliseo, glanced at Aysel, before he turned and simply left, other students filing out. He glared, walking down the hall, heading towards the training hall. He needed to let off some energy after that...quite literally.

Many people stepped out of his path as he moved, the look on his face giving them a clear indication not to get in his way at the moment. The stern look in his different colored eyes, his jaw set, with a frown upon his lips. He wanted to stay..to help...but fighting would do little good. If he could get the library fixed for Raven, that was all that mattered. He did not care about himself, as long as she was going to be ok and the library in the end.

Conner did not mind helping her, his eyes moving to her as she thanked him. He flashed her a smile, slightly playfull, a bit cocky, but also warm. It was a smile that could either piss someone off or warm their heart, it usually depended on the situation. When she commented on the teacher, he chuckled. "Would not be surprised if he is a robot in the least" he said, plugging one wire into the back of her device. The screen flickered to life, glowing a bit, as he continued working upon it. He listened to her words about her arrow and smiled, "it is always fun when things go boom." He laughed a bit once more, working a bit longer on the unit before glancing over at her.

He caught the tail end of her looking at him, raising an eyebrow slightly. Had she been checking him out? He pushed the thought from his head, as she pushed the notebook over to him. He glanced at the writing upon it and smiled. He had agreed to go out with Al later, but there was always time for a bit of fun. Of course, Nightwing would not be happy about it if he got caught. That was IF he got caught, and he did not plan on that. Security was tight, but one of the classes he was taking was on specializing in stealth and work in the field of infultration and espionage. He was one of the perfect ones to ask for such a job.

At the same time, because he was not going to turn her in, they were friends. He would not be one to turn down a challenge. A chance to show their skill in a way that could be seen as a bit of...extracarricular practice. He nodded to her, writing on the paper.

'Sounds good to me, might be fun. Besides, a chance to see you in action makes it extra worth it.

He tried to keep a straight face as he slid it back, the last part only half a joke. He stifled his laugh, forcing a straight face as the teacher glanced up once more. He finished with the wiring of the decoder, sitting it by the notebook, all that was left to do was program it. That they were not going to do till the next class, so there was no rush. Other than that, she could work on the cosmetic side of the appearance for the device. That was up to her in the end though.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 10-05-2014 at 06:29 PM..

Arc Angel

Old 10-03-2014, 04:32 AM

Facial features held blank as he kept a calm composure yet, this time Eliseo neglected to reply to Nisshoku verbally at all. Instead, he cast a cold glare at the man who had stepped up to challenge his tactics so openly. However, his focus still on his primary objective, he only retained eye contact with the other man for a few moments before turning to Dahlia once more with the cuffs. He raised his hands to put them on, but just so... His gut wrenched. An obvious frown crossing his features, Eliseo would turn on his heel to find Jinx. His eyes narrowed in on her at the comment she made, his stare cold.

Eliseo would have further addressed the vixen - someone he'd never gotten along with - if not for his acute awareness of Yukio's presence. Instead, eyes trained calmly on the white-haired man, Eliseo found himself calmed. "Good afternoon." He spoke up casually, works directed plainly and only to Yukio. Then, finally, he seemed to again acknowledge his mess of things as his gaze moved to follow Yukio's across the library, assessing the damage. He didn't believe he'd done anything wrong, though he did note he made more of a mess than he'd intended. This was simply what he believed was necessary at the time, and as a man who trusted in his gut instinct, he didn't feel any remorse for the state of the library despite Nisshoku's words.

Sighing softly as Yukio spoke and apologized on his behalf, one of his hands trailed up to rub the back of his head troubledly. He wasn't to be scolded by Yukio, surely, he seemed to already know this. Instead, having another speak on his behalf and cover for his actions was just a touch embarrassing. It wasn't exactly something he wasn't used to, however. Despite a bit of a bad reputation among some students, Eliseo wasn't necessarily a horrid guy to others. He was just maybe a touch less sympathetic. "We'll be on our way, then." He replied shortly, slipping away the handcuffs he held in place of gently grabbing Dahlia's forearm. "Shall we?" He questioned briefly, voice flat as he moved to lead her out of the room and down the hall.

As he passed by Yukio, receiving the war smile, Eliseo returned it with a grin and a nod. It quickly faded however as his gaze then passed over Jinx, gaze cold as it did. He had never been fond of her, although he had come to be more tolerant of her remarks. Students would make way for them as the two passed down the hall, Eliseo gently leading Dahlia by his grasp on her forearm.

Aysel's gaze became caught between all of those that had now entered the library, leaving her for a moment wishing her privacy with Nisshoku hadn't been dismantled. She had been relaxed just minutes earlier, before then this ruckus came falling down into their laps. She caught Nis' gaze before he left, but only a moment of his before he left the room. He seemed clearly upset to her, and moved with purpose-- she assumed he was going to go find a way to relax. Sighing softly as she now ignored those speaking within the room, she let her gaze linger about the destruction still present. It was shame that this had been done to the library, to the books littering the floors. Still grasping the book that had been recommended to her within her arms, Aysel let out a soft sigh and decided to leave the room as well.

Floating inches from the ground again, she quietly left, not bothering to make eye contact with the others within the room. Once out the door, she drifted down the hall again, thoughts busied with her memories of the day.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 10-04-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
"I once knew a girl in the years of my youth with eyes like the summer - all beauty and truth. In the morning I fled, left a note and it read: Someday you will be loved..."
Grace grinned, her eyes sparkling. She quickly wrote on the notebook, Sweet!; the word took up half of the page. She'd be able to get an expects help on the arrow, and could properly impress Oliver. She felt a bit smug. That was of course, if they succeeded. She knew they had a high chance of succeeding, once they got passed the cameras, and the locks. Easy enough. Conner could probably break into the Pentagon. Grace was decent at breaking out - how else would she have been able to get out of her parents' house, and passed security to go to the clubs? As long as Conner could get them in undetected, she could get them out.

The bell rang, signaling the end of class. Had she really been struggling that long before Conner helped? She picked-up the completed devise. "Gadget-boy, indeed." She muttered under her breath, just barely audible. "Thank you." She said louder, to Conner, "I have a free period next, so I'm going to the library. Here's my number." She scrawled it on the bottom of the notebook page, tore the page out, and set it in front of him. "Text me." She pulled her iPod out of her backpack, as she put her note book into it. She left her headphones around her neck as she left the classroom.

She passed the talkative groups in the hallway, weaving between them with ease. She waved meekly to those that waved to her, but didn't stop walking. Oliver had suggested that she try not to have her headphones on all the time. She told him that she took the off in class, and when she slept. He laughed. "You'll miss out on making friends," he had said, "if you keep those glued to your ears." It had taken her a few months to actually follow that advice. She'd talked to a few people since then, in passing. It was still difficult. After she waved, and smiled at a few more people she "knew" she made her way down the hall to the library.

Her business homework was starting to get the better of her. By trying to be ahead - so she could focus on being a sidekick - she was further confusing herself. She figured the library had a few books on business. A few of the Big-Guys were millionaires, like Oliver. She was certain some of the other students were as loaded as she was... perhaps more. The school housed students from all walks of life. There were a few that didn't exactly classify as human, and even a few aliens. Grace thought it was interesting that the Big-Guys could hide everyone here perfectly. Seeing as most of the world probably wasn't ready to learn about the existence of other beings.

"Ignorance is bliss" is a phrase Grace knew too well. She had it tattooed across her shoulder blades. It was a grim reminded of how she'd spent her life before coming to the school. She barely remembered getting it. Judging by her lifestyle, she must have been drunk at the time. Though, she wondered who would tattoo a person that was only 16. Clearly her club friends had known a guy. It was one of the reasons she wore a hoodie most of the time. The tattoo was visible without it. A cursive script in thick black ink; it was a battle strip.

Vanth
Away with family!

Old 10-05-2014, 04:16 PM

A cloud of pink crossed her cheeks as the president met her gaze. She nodded slowly without speaking when he mentioned not causing Eliseo any trouble. She had accepted her fate, monotonous as it was, and was willing to live out her punishment, not simply because she realized the pointlessness of resisting, but also because of the mild chaos that had erupted from her decision. She felt like center stage, and she didn't like it. Almost as if he were reading her thoughts, Eliseo grabbed her arm and led her away from the bustle of the library.

Dahlia was a bit shocked, this was the first time Eliseo had managed to come to the conclusion that the suppressor handcuffs were unnecessary. She was a bit embarrassed, to say the least, that he was leading her by her arm. Even though he still had that stern look on his face, she was sure the other students had never seen him escorting a delinquent in this manner. She decided not to worry about it. Other students could think what they wanted, most of them already believed that she was strange anyway, what more could being led around by the disciplinary committee president do?

She avoided the looks she received from the students changing classes, and immediately felt awkward in her human skin. Usually, the cuffs would have forced her to revert to her scaly, blue form, but without them she still wore the guise of a normal person. She assumed that certain people would be unable to recognize her like this, seeing as she usually didn't wear her disguise at school. She kind of liked the idea of being looked at as a stranger, a blank slate. Then her gaze traveled to her escort, rigid authoritarian that he was, she admired his conviction.

She wondered what kind of a person Eliseo would be to her if she wasn't always in trouble. She’d like to think that they would have a strange sort of friendship. She didn't exactly share his views on justice, but wasn't one to judge someone based on their opinions. She didn't hold grudges, and what anger managed to surface quickly dissipated, so befriending someone who seemed to rub people the wrong way was no problem for her, she did used to date a criminal after all, and he wasn't the most agreeable individual.

As the two continued to walk down the hallway, Dahlia’s hair transformed from its usual brown to a deep magenta color, signaling her disunion from the thoughts of her own soap opera, to thoughts and feelings that were more optimistic. She had made the ultimate decision, ‘Today is the last day that I will walk down these halls as a delinquent. I don’t care what I have to do, I will make Nan and Dee proud, and prove to everyone else what Dee has been telling me all this time, there’s a hero in me somewhere.’

She felt the urge to speak up, knowing that she would need a lot of help. “Eliseo, I… I don’t want to do this anymore. I want this to be the very last time that you will have to escort me to the detention center. I don’t want to have to sit in front of the administration of discipline and be judged like a piece of tainted meat.” She paused, bracing herself for the response that would follow her words, “I’m sorry if you don’t want to hear this, and I realized there was a chance of me being rejected before I even opened my mouth, but I need help if I’m ever going to be the hero that is expected of me. I want you to help me.” She stepped up to match his pace, walking beside him as she asked, hoping the response would be positive, but knowing that with her reputation there was a chance that he would interpret her cry for help as a ruse to get her out of her punishment.