Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 06-03-2014, 04:27 AM

Is anyone else reading the New 52 Harley Quinn series? We may only be 6 issues in, but what do you think of it?

Personally, I love seeing Harley out on her own, doing her thing. It's no secret her "relationship" with the Joker was unhealthy and downright abusive. Of course abusive relationships are never the victim's fault, but it got downright painful to watch. So even if her reason for flying solo isn't really her own choice, it's still nice to see her doing it!

But a lot of people (rightfully) criticize her wardrobe. She's still drawn for the male gaze, wearing the skimpiest, sexiest clothing. And I completely understand that criticism, and it does bother me, but at least her actions speak a bit differently. Hello lesbian tones with Ivy that aren't played for laughs or to be sexy.

Dissecting aside, I think it's just a fun story. No gritty reboot, no dark, twisted tones. Just Harley having fun, being a savior to abused animals. Awwwwww yeah.

So what do you think of Harley's new adventure?

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 06-03-2014 at 08:13 AM..

Kitten_Dear
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-16-2014, 09:01 PM

I think it's awful.
The fact that any writer would tale a character who got popular for her personality and reduce her to fap-fodder, is shameful.

Harley had her own comics where she was on her own, they just weren't mainstream, which made them even better because the writers didn't feel the pressure of 'sell this to 12 year old boys' and were able to produce decent stories. Hell, she was downright amazing in the Gotham City Sirens comics, which were still very comic-book style fanservice most of the time, but at least they were being true to the character.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 09-14-2014, 10:37 PM

I haven't picked it up. The only 52 i'm reading right now is Justice League Dark, where Constantine is a dick but we love him for it anyways.
But I always like Harley, regardless of the outfits. Some of her outfits were fun. :P

HarleyQuinn2016
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-04-2016, 02:15 PM

I've seen it and I think it is awesome. I love that Harley's doing her own thing and being herself. The plot looks good to me.

Last edited by HarleyQuinn2016; 11-04-2016 at 02:18 PM..