PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 01-06-2014, 10:25 PM

Lilith intrigued, listened to where the conversation was heading, she look over to Randolph, he seemed pretty tense. She looked away when Peter addressed her. "Yes, they have." She responded before moving away towards the shelves running her fingers along the shelf board until she stopped in front of thee golden hands clasping a glass sphere. She brought her head down to the sphere's level and stared at it for awhile, before gingerly touching one of the gold hands then the sphere. She wanted to hold it, but wasn't sure she should. Standing up, Lilith look around, and her eyes landed upon a small ebony box. Curious, she moved over alittle along the shelf and picking up the box.

She peeked inside, to find that it was layered in a dark dark red velvet lining, and even the cushion was the same. She opened the lid just a tad bit more to reveal a round opal dressed in silver wire. Immediately she closed it and glanced towards Randolph then Kasimir who seemed to be fancied by some sparkling trinket. Lilith, still holding the box look around he shop. Peter had quite the collection, and if Kasimir grabbed the wrong thing it won't be too good for him. Not that she cared anyway, but it was just one of those passing thoughts she had. Lilith looked over to Randolph. "Quite the interesting hobby there Randy. I'm surprised, you don't look like the sort who would be into all that Supernatural Superstitions mumbo jumbo."

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 01-07-2014, 04:26 AM

He listened to the officer, and picked up on his keenness regarding the idea of cures from Lycanthropy, he had taken the bait, but then even a human wouldn't want to be cursed with such a low based purpose as to become a warewolf?

Peter watched as Lilith spoke and moved away towards the shelves, her dark hair flicking around before falling onto her hips, although he wished to speak with them frankly and alone she had brought these men here to him, so he would make use of them, rather than them becoming one of hers he held his head cocked slightly with a barely noticeable grin. But pivoted his head away and back towards the officer and the other blonde man, who had skulked behind this Randy. The other man would probably make a good choice to turn, he was crafty with a quick keen eye, an attractive arrogance! If it wasn't for his lack of speed when stealing that item Peter would have had to double check, he even had the slight look of one. But it was to Randy that Peter spoke.

"Oh well let me remember" his eyes darted upwards, and his fingers stroked his slightly stumbled chin. "Hmm I may recollect that there was another way, but you have to forgive me the book was very hard to translate, it had lots of unusual writings in, but I do remember where I had it last! Well you see I hadn't much use for such a thing that was probably fake anyway, so I sold it to that trinket store on the corner"

Peters memory flashed he had quite easily convinced the weak minded and frail old lady that ran the other store that the book had been there gathering dust for some time, mixed in with all the other thrift like items. Although he had left long before, he had watched through that ladies eyes for sometime, and saw the blonde girl purchase it, destiny and fate truly were in play in this town. Perhaps it was the book that drew her, but the same force that may have drew her to itself, also prevented Peter from following it any further. So he gave the officer a short lie, but one he hoped the man wanted to hear.

"I feel rather bad really, I practically gave it away, but just as I left some girl, with light brown almost blonde hair, came and purchased it for a lot more than I sold it, come to think of it officer I believe she is the lady that is currently running camp Bloodlake, I'm sure it is as she wore that large red pendant around her neck."

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-07-2014, 07:11 AM

The happy gleam in her eyes faded away in few second's time, nearly as if someone had hit her. And, in indirect way, Matt's words had. She just couldn't quite pinpoint why. Just that thought, of fighting and hunting those monsters... It made a tingle run up and down her spine, a creepy, fearful feeling together with a sense of... anticipation? Later, she would remember this moment as the first crack in a decade old wall.

"That's just--!" she said, suddenly at loss of words, so untypically for her, even if the man couldn't know that. "It's stupid," Onyx huffed, crossing arms across her chest. "Monster hunting is something that requires years of training, physical and mental preparations, knowledge of self-protection more than punch in the face and..." she trailed off, rubbing hand over face, trying to chase somehow nagging feeling in the back of her mind.

"Matt, I don't want to see you hurt, and that's only logical outcome. How can I look Becca in the eye then? I'd have to tell her: "yes, I knew your brother went vampire hunting. I let him. That's why he is..." she couldn't say the word 'dead'. It just got caught in her throat. The idea that he could be one of those injured bodies back there on party's floor, only now somewhere in woods nearly paralyzed her.

"Do you even know you can trust that officer? Maybe he's just insane!" He hadn't seemed all that crazy last night, but who could know. Not that it would really change Matt's mind - he seemed the type to do what he had decided no matter what. Then, girl sighed and pulled a book pile closer to her. "I'm sure auntie will let us take most of these home, though. If you're right, then I want to know about such a magic, too." As she spoke, a new idea came to her, and she glanced at Matt, with slightly mischievous look, slowly getting back to her old self. It was unlike her, to stay fearful and stressed for long. In fact, she was afraid of being afraid somehow, always had been, and that's why enjoyed her somewhat peaceful life she had been leading, when there was no need to fear. Now it had shattered and perhaps beyond all repair. So, it was time to adjust. Besides, there was something... exciting about the whole concept, like a book coming alive although it wouldn't be very good story for her to write as there were too many of such kind out already.

"I might help you out with your crazy plan, however, keeping it from Becca until it gets way too dangerous and read through the info for you, since you don't know Latin and old English that few of these books are in." She had seriously considered refusing to help him, but then had realized that with more knowledge, he would be more protected.

"But only if you promise me to show what he teaches you and some basic fighting. If crap's going down, I need to know what to do if I get in bad situation, too." She knew the theoretical garlic, silver and stake thing, but using them practically and fighting were two different things. Onyx knew how to defend herself slightly, but most of it narrowed down to elbow in face and kick in the crotch moves. "However, when it gets too hot, like you get hurt, I'm telling Becca, if you don't. She has right to know then."

"Deal?" she asked, offering him hand and a sweet smile. If he'd agree, Onyx would quickly talk with Rowen for briefly and returned with plastic bag in which she carefully put in the books that they deemed worthy as checking out further. Soon, they would be on their way back, or at least she, trying to call Becca again and again. Her thought pattern had went to the pendant and unneeded attraction it might get, too, and that had pushed the worrying up another notch.

OO C: I know about the book. I plan on letting her realize that soon enough, perhaps even before her witch revelation that should come soon, too. Well, soon in-game time. A day or two, maximum of three.
Also, fighting training sessions. And a jealous bro.

Last edited by sadrain; 01-07-2014 at 11:09 AM..

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2014, 02:24 AM

When she woke, Audrey found herself nose deep in the belly of a deer. She blinked, lifting her blood soaked face from the spilled insides, swallowing the slippery chunk in her teeth before turning to look around her. She wiped absently at her mouth, smearing it across her lips.

What caught her attention immediately was the fact she couldn't see the sky. In fact, she was in a room. Or...really it was more like a crude box constructed out of old wood with a light bulb hanging from the ceiling. Nothing spectacular or really memorable.

The deer she had, apparently, filled her gut with was also unremarkable; tongue lolling out of its mouth, antlers no longer covered in the fuzz they were the month before. Just a buck, small and dead with bits of his guts in her teeth.

She stood then, taking an arcing look around before she stopped, narrowing her eyes. There was a sink at the far end of the room, the faucet dripping with a little table next to it, a folded up bundle of cloth on top.

She made her way cautiously over toward the sink, further examination of the room revealing only the sink, the deer, and a door. She wiggled the knob on the faucet, smiling slightly as it turned and water began to flow. It smelled kind of off, like dirt. But she didn't care right now.

It took her a few minutes to wash herself off entirely, running her fingers through her hair multiple times to remove any and all gore she could find. When she was done, certain she was clean she reached for the bundle- it was a towel a quick look could tell her that- and toweled herself off.

She let out a groan, throwing the towel to the side and hanging her head over the sink. She should be more concerned, angry even. She was in a strange place after being chased by who knows what and being brought to wherever this was.

But she couldn't bring herself to. She wasn't mad. She wasn't upset or angry. She was just...calm, at ease. Comfortable. It was almost infuriating. Almost.

She snorted, pushing herself off the sink and looking to the table next to the sink for a second time. A small pile of clothing, neatly folded and piled with care had been laid under the towel.

They were all simple; a blue t-shirt, a pair of jeans, a pair of striped socks with some sneakers, and, nestled under the others, was a brown leather jacket, worn and well loved by whoever had owned it before. Her lip curled, memory of her own coat returning. It was probably gone now. Ruined by blood, stolen by bats, or perhaps taken by the police as evidence. Either way she'd probably never see it again. A pit formed in her stomach.

It took her less than five minutes to get herself dressed, finding everything fitting perfectly. Even the shoes. She ran her fingers of the worn leather covering her arms, sniffing slightly.

Audrey turned then, making her way toward the door. Calm and comfortable or not she wasn't waiting around for whoever it was who dragged her here, got her new clothes, and killed a deer for her to eat.

The door opened with a creak, revealing a larger room. A table was in the center, old looking tools line up on it with old stains splattered across it. There were more tools hanging along the wall and from the ceiling. One corner seemed to be occupied by a large pile of animal skins, another table holding some skulls. This would have been disturbing were it not for the bag of glass eyes sitting next to them.

She moved in cautiously, heading slowly toward the door at the far side. She stopped, though, as the farthest corner came into view. A metal tub, old but well cared for. She grew curious over it, moving closer and tilting her head.

She stopped when the interior came into view, an all too familiar scent hitting her nose.

The interior was layered in blood, the liquid drained and emptied. It was drying, browning and sticky along the metal. But what caused her to stop, what caused the hair on the back of her neck to rise and that once nice comfortable feeling to vanish, was the smell. It was hot, almost feverish, and smelt of game. Wolf blood. Her blood.

She turned and, paying no attention to the noise she made, she ran for the door. She burst through it, entering the wet, red field and running. She didn't look back.

~~~*~*~*~~~

When he came back to himself, Nate was in the road. He was wet and his hands were shivering madly. His back was heavy, his bag secured. His shoes felt like they were soaked through. He stopped walking.

He blinked, looking around at the trees and the old, cracking pavement. Where was he? Last he knew he was at the church waiting for Kaled to get his coat. He must have blacked out and left. But why? Why would he just get up and leave? It made no sense...

He sighed, the sound shivery and catching on his lips. God he was cold. Really cold. He must have been out here for a while. He absently lifted his hands, running his frozen hands uselessly over his bare arms. He was absolutely soaked through.

He needed to figure out where he was, which way he had been heading. If he was heading to town he could go there and maybe get into a shop or something. If he was on his way to the house...who knew how far away it was and which road he was even on.

He looked about for a moment, searching for a car or a landmark. Nothing. Just trees and empty road. He groaned slightly, biting his lip to keep it from shivering too much.

He made a decision then, looking in the direction he was going and continuing his cold journey. He had no idea how long he'd been unaware, had no idea the destination he had in mind when he left. Chances were he wasn't far from it. If he kept walking he was sure he'd be either home or in town.

~~~*~*~*~~~

He was immensely curious. Well...more like less disinterested than he normally was and he was pretty sure that could be blamed on the amount of blood. But that wasn't important right now. What was important was getting whatever was bleeding out from under that porch so he could look at it more closely.

And so he did. He moved closer, not caring with the amount of noise he made with his heavy, mud-soaked boots. His legs didn't hurt anymore so it's not like the rough movement was jarring them.

He knelt down when he got close, tilting his hood covered head when he spied it; a man, dark skinned and bleeding. Bad. Beneath the rough mask- bird like with gaping black holes for eyes- his lips curled, an almost sick attempt at a smile.

Then he reached out, grimy hands, slicked in oil and mud, grabbing the man's arm and pulling. He was not gentle. Far from it. Keeping the bleeding thing alive wasn't on his to-do list. He'd put this wretched thing down.

And he was about to, reaching for the dark-skinned man's neck now that it was in reach, when he stopped dead, frozen to the spot.

a l i v e

It echoed in his head and he sniffed loudly, the sound wet and nasty and echoing from out of his mask. He moved his hands back and to his body, curling his fingers into the dirty fabric of the sweatshirt over his shoulders.

A L I V E

He nodded sharply then, his breath picking up from the mild fear settling into his gut. But he moved and grabbed at the bleeding man again. He was gentler this time, wrapping his hands under the arm and pulling him out entirely. He'd get him up and he'd find some way to keep him from bleeding out.

It wanted him alive. He would do what It wanted. He had to.

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 01-09-2014 at 06:56 AM..

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 01-09-2014, 10:42 AM

Aiden took the violin from Rebecca, and stared right back into her blue eyes. Did she want to say something to him? They stood there awhile before Rebecca hurried off into the closet. Aiden looked down at the violin, before walking over to some open crates, he set the Violin down on the floor and dug into the crates until he pulled out a simple black violin case big enough for the violin itself and the bow to lay inside comfortable. Once he opened the case he put both the bow and the violin inside. On his way down the stairs he stopped to look at the picture of family, well his father wasn't int he picture, but the two girls who were most important to him were. He stood there for a few more seconds staring at the old painting before continuing down the stairs to see Sasha sitting under a window next to the door with her head in the curtains. Aiden walked over to her and peeked outside, he could see the ran was letting up, which to him didn't really matter. Aiden opened the front door, and left it open as he went to to the car, and unlocked it with the keys he still had in his pants pocket. He placed the violin in the backseat, before exiting the car. Aiden looked up at the sky, to see that the clouds were still greyed but they weren't as dark and ominous as before. That didn't mean much, weather could be very fickle. It could change back, or keep going in the direction it was seemingly heading towards, which was the end of the storm.

Aiden thought about her truck that was practically wrapped around the tree. He had planned to retrieve it later or let human authorities deal with it. But since he was waiting and had nothing really better to do at the moment, he took off towards the word that leaded out of Bloodlake camp. He ran down the length of the road until he came upon the crash site. Aiden stopped and walked down the slight decline in the grass towards the old chevy Rebecca was driving. Without a thought Aiden went back to the road and looked around, he didn't see the female vampire's remains or what would have been left of her. The rain and hail must have taken care of it, speaking of which it was no longer hailing anymore in this spot. How odd. Aiden went back to the truck, effortlessly and expertly unwrapped the truck from the tree. Aiden looked around at the ground, he saw glass and a few parts that had found itself separated from the truck. Not bothering with the glass he picked up what could be salvaged, tossed it onto the trucks trunk, picked up the trunk and took off through the woods towards his house. A man carrying a truck would be a odd site, much less a blur if they could even see that zooming around in the streets, with something large.

Once he was home, he could see that Sasha was still in the window, she was staring at him. Aiden grinned, before going around back and placing the truck down, before heading back towards the front. Aiden walked inside the still opened front door, he didn't see or hear Rebecca on the first floor, he suddenly looked up. She must still be upstairs, changing probably. Instead of going back up, he waited downstairs for her.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 01-22-2014, 11:13 PM

They were going to butt heads, often. Matt could tell. Though he liked a challenge, and being near Onyx was certainly going to prove challenging, in more ways than one. Especially with Rowboat mucking things up. He'd let her ramble on for a moment, but then she seemed at a loss for words. No, not a loss, a reluctance to say one.

"I'm not going to die," he said, interrupting the silence. He'd said it with confidence. Matt was sure he was more than capable of destroying monsters, "It's in my genes." He shrugged it off. Plus, he wasn't some tiny little boy, he was a strong young man, smart, athletic, and with the will and drive to do something like this. Probably because of his genes.

"Besides, the officer knows the tricks and such, it's not like I'm figuring it out all on my own." Then there she was questioning him and the officer both. Matt raised an eyebrow as if to ask what she was already thinking now anyway. Onyx knew just as well as he did that the officer knew what he was talking about.

He'd returned his attention to the books, as Onyx pulled some nearer to herself, his eyes only breaking from them to meet hers when she said she just might be interested in actually helping him. He did need her help, really and truly. She was right, he couldn't read all of this information. He couldn't, but he also didn't want to.

Plus, Matt was never really a loner, and it would be nice to have someone to be able to confide in, and share his secrets with. Anyway, Onyx was incredibly easy on the eyes, and he liked her. He couldn't think of anyone else he'd rather be stuck with in this craziness. Did he really just think that?

She was holding her hand out. Matt looked at it for a moment. Onyx wanted him to teach her what he was learning. He wasn't so sure about that. Matt wanted Onyx to keep his secret, not get so involved she would need to know how to fight. Then again, he'd prefer she did at least know how to defend herself. Finally he took her hand, "Okay, we have a deal then."

He found himself smiling and shaking his head as she walked away. Either she was going to be a great asset, or a great pain in the ass. He returned to flipping through the pages of a book, getting himself nowhere. His mind wasn't in it. He was too busy thinking about training, and wondering where his sister could be.

When Onyx returned, they packed up the books they hadn't already deemed useless, and headed out. Matt smiled and waved off the librarian as they exited the library, grabbing the umbrella in his free hand, holding the bag of books and the door for Onyx with the other. He popped the umbrella open and held it up. It wasn't really raining too much now, but it gave him an excuse to walk close to Onyx. He smiled at the sly action.

"Have you been able to reach Becca?" he asked curiously, assuming she hadn't. "We need to get you back to your truck. We can't search for Becca on foot. Are you okay to go back to that house?" He watched her, knowing it was a tender subject that would bring up awful memories. "I can go get it, if you want me to," he offered.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Becca emerged from the closet fully dressed. She felt good, although hungry. Her hair and clothes were dry and strangely, she didn't feel like she'd been in a wreck, or attacked. She didn't feel like she'd been struggling for her life. She couldn't even recall the events of today or last night as if they were a part of reality. It all seemed like some strange dream, a movie maybe.

She glanced around the room, but Aiden was gone. For the first time, she actually felt somewhat scared. She was alone again. What would happen now? Who would attack her now? She hadn't realized that her heart rate had picked up again, and the realization annoyed her.

Becca took a deep breath. So the dream-like events had actually had a serious negative effect on her. She couldn't even be alone for five minutes before developing that feeling of impending doom. Though, little did she know how well she'd come to know that feeling.

She reminded herself that everything was fine. Aiden was still here, this was his house after all, and he would protect her. Right? He had before. Why wouldn't he again? Would he stop when he got ahold of her pendant? He knew what it was now didn't he? So many questions.

Her stomach grumbled again and she headed for the stairs, sending the portrait a passing glance as she began to descend to the first floor. Her bare feet found the lower floor and she rounded the corner, remembering her way back to the living room easily. She made her way slowly, eyes taking in the details of the home curiously.

Finally, Becca found Aiden. Each time she laid eyes on him, she felt surprised. It was as if, each time she saw him, it was the first time again. His eyes were so different, and surprising. He held himself unlike any other man she'd ever known.

He was very different, though the differences were so subtle, any other human who didn't know what he was would overlook them. But now that Becca knew, she couldn't seem to notice anything else. He was some kind of majestically elegant, monster. Terrifying and powerful, but all the while drawing her in like a box of homeless puppies.

Becca smiled at Aiden. "The box of puppies," she mumbled, amused at herself. She began making her way to where Aiden was, speaking up now so that he could hear her, not realizing he probably could all along. "I'm ready when you are," she said. She glanced over at Sasha. "She's welcome to come, I love dogs." Becca paused in thought then shook her head lightly. "Not all dogs..." Werewolves were animals right?

She spotted her shoes by the couch where she'd woken, and moved to sit on the soft cushions. She concentrated on pulling them on, but spoke to Aiden. "Who are the people in the portrait?" she asked. "The one at the top of the stairs." When her shoes were on, she stood once again, ready to follow Aiden to her doom the car.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-23-2014, 01:06 AM

When their hands touched, a rather literal spark flew off, both of them feeling hit by something alike particularly strong static electricity spark, followed by similar sound. She jumped slightly, but then grinned wider, resisting urge to wink at him, before she left to talk with auntie. That kind of move would be cheap and make her look easy, probably. But maybe not? Where was Becca's advice when you needed it... Then again, she most likely wouldn't give tips how to flirt with her brother. It had been a while since she had felt such an surge of energy, although not the first time ever. Few times, Becca had felt it, but mostly it happened when she touched door handles or light switches. She didn't really pay it much attention, although this time it was kind of funny. Onyx mused that if she would have read that, she would have found it extremely cheesy.

As they exited the library, she smiled at how gentlemanly Matt could be. Quite unlike anyone she had met. Besides Carn of course. But that didn't count in any way. It felt... well, nice and safe, to have him walk so close, and she had yet again remind herself they were friends. And that he was crazy, at least a bit. Monster hunting, geez. But his question brought her back to current situation and the girl shook her head. "No... She usually would pick up or message me by now." She looked up at him sideways and her eyes betrayed worry that Onyx didn't want to voice, trying to chase it away.

At mention of truck, she hesitated and then shrugged. "I'll have to start driving it again sooner or later. Better sooner. Besides, I want to search for Becca with you, and after that, I will have to pick up some supplies and clean up home. Can't have it a mess when Carn arrives," the girl sounded rather calm and confident, not entirely how she felt, but she would get a hold of this emotional roller-coaster sooner or later. "It's a bit too late to try and run away from yesterday's events anyways. I mean, you're going to be monster hunting, we're seriously discussing magic..." she laughed lightly, as if it was really amusing matter. And from one side, it was because it felt surreal. What would come next, kisses in the rain, epic fights that she took part in after finding out she had some epic powers or destiny or what?

She led the way towards her car that was at the house where start of all this avalanche of horror and excitement had started. The walk was not too long, but not short either and as they approached, she did shudder, remembering how she had ran inside, the sights, smells... But maybe, somehow, they could prevent that from repeating, and saving Becca from some gruesome fate was top priority.

Thankfully, the car was far enough from the house to not be behind police cordon like the whole yard, but she had gotten two parking tickets that made the girl grimace. Other than that, everything seemed fine about it and she unlocked doors, and climbed in. After Matt had gotten in, too, and she had made sure the books wouldn't fall off their seat on a swiveling turn, she looked at the blonde man. "Buckle up, I can be crazy driver."

Despite such claims and unusually thoughtfully following her own advice, Onyx actually did nothing to endanger their lives on roads and perhaps even drove a bit under speed limit, not trusting the slippery streets. Radio she had soon turned on was on low volume, having a random station and the pair could choose whether they talked or remained silent, busy with their own thoughts. They were heading towards Bloodlake camp, where Becca had said she was last at. And sight that would welcome them there would not be one to ease their worry, most likely.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 01-26-2014, 08:49 PM

Through moments of clarity of his consciousness Michael remembered very little, a mixture of hazy flashbacks from the store, and simply pure emotions... Fear and anger, the last, built up more and more it burned in him more than the pain.

He remembered being dragged unceremoniously and roughly away from his hiding place, before being lifted up, it must have been the loss of blood and shock but he saw a strange face above him, belonging to the figure that picked him up. He tried to take in his surroundings but found it so difficult, he was finding it impossible to hold any thoughts in his mind, he just had to hold on his thoughts turned to home away from this dark sodden place.. But also back to the store, Peter and revenge

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-28-2014, 01:08 AM

It was slow going. The man was doing nothing to help him. He didn't let that bother him. Who knew how long the man had been bleeding under there. That didn't mean he couldn't grumble. The noises he made were wet and grating, like he had something old, cold, and sticky lodged in his throat.

When he reached the abandoned house, a dinky run-down place with boarded up windows and a broken lock on the back door, he dragged the man up the back steps and into the drafty residence.

The man was placed haphazardly on the old mattress stuffed into the corner, the masked man moving off to another corner to grab at the old curtains over one of the windows, sniffing and sliding his fingers under his mask to scratch at his chin. His skin was itching. It' had been itching for a while now.

The curtains were torn quickly and easily, the switchblade he had tucked in his hoodie pocket slicing through the old fabric easily.

When he finished he moved, carrying the strips toward the dying man. He dropped them next to the other's head, leaning over him and inspecting him closely. The beak-nose of the dirty mask nearly touched the other's.

"Hey," he croaked, voice wet and cracking and almost too wrecked to understand. He lifted a dirty hand, giving the other a gentle, yet almost harsh, slap on the cheek. "Don't fall asleep." When he was sure the other's eyes would stay open, he began to bandage him, wrapping the other in old curtain strips, hesitating every now and then to be sure the other had not passed out. The last bandage was tied off with a sharp tug.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Nate 's walk was slow and jittery, the cold having sunk into him. Hard. He was was shuddering violently now, teeth clattering and limbs shaking. He had to take a slow pace just to keep himself from falling over. Sometimes he had to stop completely to catch his balance.

It was during one such stop that he heard it, a steady swoosh and the growl of something distant and mechanical. He lifted his head, blinking down the road. There were two points of light down there, moving closer. His eyes widened and he moved himself a little ways into the road; not too much to be dangerous for him, but far enough that he won't go unnoticed.

He lifted his arm and waved, hoping to flag whoever it was down.

((This can be whoever; Onyx and Matt or Becca and Aiden (I'm assuming they'll be in a car soon shhhhh). Your choice. Or it could be no one. I can easily do random-guy-on-his-way-into-town if you guys wish.))

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 01-28-2014 at 07:03 PM..

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 02-05-2014, 05:18 AM

Blue and golden orbs shifted to the front of the stairs to see Becca smiling at him and mumbling box of puppies. Box of puppies? he thought. What was she talking about? Aiden soon looked over to Sasha when Becca told him she could come. He just stared at the dire wolf for a few moments until Becca started asking him questions from the room he originally brought her into. He looked back out the small opening in the curtain. "The three in the picture are my mother, my sister and I." Aiden glanced over to Becca to see her coming over, so he opened the door and head out. As long as she didn't walk she'd barely get wet from what rain was left over from a hour or two ago. "I'm sure you know this, but it's really a old painting... I keep it for.. sent... I just like to keep it around." Once Aiden reached his car Chevy Impala he opened up the driver's door and before he could get in Sasha jumped right on in. He narrowed his eyes slightly, He guessed Sasha took what Becca said as a invitation. A informal one at that.

He waited until Becca inside the car before asking "You had to get orange juice right? Shouldn't take too long to get it. Plus it's never too late have any regardless if breakfast is clearly over." He promptly started the engine and drive off away from the house. Aiden didn't really have anything to say, important atleast so he didn't say anything to Becca unless she'd talk to him first. His thoughts were else where, on that older man he met on the street out of Bloodlake Camp. And although his mind was else where, he was fully alert to his surroundings and knew perfectly well no one would come to harm. Well atleast that man who suddenly walked into the street and started waving his arms around. Aiden sighed. The store was just the next street over too. He glanced over to Becca before slowing down and moving abit away from the guy incase he decided to jump infront of the car or something. Aiden was fast, but the car itself wasn't.

Aiden stopped the car and rolled down the window half way. He stared into the mans eyes. "Can I help you?"

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 02-05-2014, 06:26 PM

Becca followed Aiden out the door, Sasha close by. The sky was grey, yet not ominously so anymore. The rain had finally let up enough, that the people of Farefield wouldn't drown while walking to their cars. Lucky for Becca and Aiden, since they were walking to his. Could vampires drown?

She snapped back to the conversation. So Aiden had had a sister. And a mother, of course. Had they died long ago? In their own time? Had they known Aiden to be a vampire? Well he loved them. He kept the portrait for sentimental value. Even if he wouldn't openly admit it. Becca had heard him almost say it. She wouldn't prod though. At least not right now. Maybe later. Definitely later. Becca was bent on peeling back the layers of Aiden, the vampire.

Sasha hopped into the car easily for an animal of her size. Becca hopped into the passenger seat after her. "Yep," she responded to Aiden. She was in fact supposed to pick up orange juice. Even if breakfast was over for Matt and Onyx, Becca was hungry, and who drank water with breakfast? No one, that's who.

She wondered what Matt and Onyx were even doing. Had they tried to call her? Had they noticed she'd been gone for so long? Were they being friendly? Perhaps, too, friendly? Ew. Change of thoughts. Becca and Aiden had both been quiet, lost in their own thoughts. She realized that although they were silent, it hadn't been an awkward silence, which was nice.

Becca side-eyed Aiden. What was on the mind of a vampire? Becca opened her mouth to ask, but Aiden was noticing something in the distance. She followed his gaze as a person came into view. A boy. He seemed vaguely familiar. From this distance though it was hard for human eyes to see details. He was waiving his arms, and Aiden slowed down.

Her hands began feeling clammy, and her heart rate picked up. She recalled what had happened the last time she'd seen someone in the road. What if this was another trap? Her body tensed as they reached him and Aiden rolled his window down, only part way. Aiden was cautious. Becca relaxed. She didn't have to worry so much around Aiden. He'd been around the block a time or two, or a hundred.

She leaned over to peek out the window, too, curious to see who it was.

((Didn't know if they should know each other, or of each other. It doesn't matter either way to me, so I left it open!))

~~~*~~~*~~~

Matt caught that look, though Onyx played it off well, easily moving on to talk about Carp. His mood instantly headed South. Not only was his sister's best friend worried about her, she was talking about some dude like, like, she liked him. Well, that was annoying. He liked Onyx. He wanted Onyx to help him, and keep him company, and you know, stuff. Carl was going to get in the way.

It was easy to stay quiet in his own thoughts on the walk to the car. He had a lot on his mind about the future, his future. And any time Onyx popped up in it, so did Cramp. As they approached the house, hairs stood up on the back of Matt's neck. The house itself looked like something out of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The added stains in the grass and over the porch with the police tape, made it look like a really really well done up nightmare house. Once of those that you pay to go into to get scared out of your mind. Those never scared Matt, so he never really went to ruin it for his friends.

Luckily Matt and Onyx didn't have to go too near the house, not that the police and crime scene investigators and news reporters and such would have let them anyway. Onyx pulled the parking tickets off her windshield and they hopped in to the old truck. He wondered if people's cars were some reflection of them. Maybe he'd find Onyx to be an old soul, reliable. But she was much more beautiful than this old putter.

He'd set the bags of books down, and closed up the umbrella, giving it a little shake before resting it on the back of their seats. He took Onyx's warning and buckled. Great, another typical woman driver. He shook his head and laughed on the inside. Onyx was such a quirk.

They headed towards the camp and Matt watched out the windows. One would think he might have been enjoying the scenery, but Matt was looking for something else. He wasn't sure what. Maybe for werewolves at the forest edge. Some kind of vampire party deep in the forest. As they passed over a bridge over the river, something caught his eye on the shoulder.

The mud and grass had been greatly disturbed. Tire marks lead from the shoulder, down the slope, ending just in front of a large tree. The tree had chunks missing. That was all he could notice as they passed by. He wouldn't know how long ago the Earth and tree had been disturbed. The rain had made everything look fresh, though it had to be days old. There wasn't a vehicle there now, no cones, police tape, who knew?

They arrived at the camp not long after the bridge, to find police vehicles, and more police tape. The ambulances had long gone, as had everyone aside from one cop car and one unmarked black vehicle, probably the crime scene folks. Matt flung his door open and hopped out of the truck before Onyx had come to a full stop. He advanced on the cop standing out there so quickly that the officer put his hand on the gun at his hip. "Where's Becca?" Matt asked almost angrily. He knew something would happen. It was that damn pendant she carried.

"Rebecca Dalton," he said now, to clarify. The cop looked questioningly at him for a moment before he clarified further. "She works here, she was here this morning. My sister." His words grew hastier and angrier. "Is she here or isn't she? What happened!?"

"Now calm down, sir," the cop began, realizing the situation. "Your sister left here a while ago. We got a call this morning about an injured woman, there in the shed." The short round officer with greying mustache motioned to the shed. The door was open and Matt could see at least two people inside. "Rebecca was the one who called it in. When we got here the woman was gone though. Strangest thing..." he trailed off.

"Anyway. Don't go spreadin' it around. We've had a lot of trouble here in Farefield as of late. We think animal attacks. We don't want people gettin' the fear and actin' all crazy." Someone called for the officer from the shed. "You all be safe now ya' hear?" He turned to walk away, but stopped and turned around. "It'd probably be best that your sister doesn't come out here alone. Not until we get these animals caught. Good thing she had a friend meetn' her out here." Someone called for him again and he waddled off in a hurry.

Matt was relieved. "So it wasn't Becca," he said, though still grim. There had been another attack. "It's not an animal attacking these people," he said. "Not any normal one anyway." He headed back towards the truck, grabbing Onyx's elbow as gently as he could manage in his sudden anger. He steered her to the truck and opened her door for her, sticking close on her, watching the woods warily. He had no clue that the woman herself had been the werewolf, though he did figure werewolves or vampires were involved in the attack, and that they could be lurking nearby.

Matt walked around the truck and hopped in, slamming his door, although he'd tried not too. He wanted to drive, but he didn't know these roads, and he certainly didn't know where to try next. He sat in thought for a moment. "The officer said she had a friend meet her out here." Who would she have called other than Onyx? It didn't really add up. They were waiting on Becca, and Onyx was her best friend. Where could she be? "Did we miss her? Maybe in the time we've been gone, she's made it back home." But why hadn't she called?

"Let's head back to my house. You can drop me there if you need to." Becca was okay, as far as they knew. She'd show up at home some time or another, and boy was she going to get a damn ear full when she did. Leaving her own brother and best friend hanging and then ditching them entirely to hang out with someone else, without so much as a damn phone call. Knowing all this shit was going down in town. What the hell was she thinking, getting them all worked up like this!?

Matt was livid. He was tense. Fuming. He needed to let some steam off, but was trying hard to keep composed in front of Onyx. He didn't want to scare her off. He shook his head, annoyed. He side eyed Onyx, hiding his anger poorly. Maybe if he just talked to her, she'd understand, and he wouldn't scare her off. "I'm not mad at Becca." Not really.

"I'm pissed, that these creatures, monsters are able to go around killing and hurting people. No one seems to know what's really going on, and the police force in this shit of a town has its head so far up its own ass, they wouldn't know what to do if a vampire or werewolf pulled it out for them." Matt was feeling even more determined now to learn these creatures and how to destroy them. He wanted to know how to use the amulet, and he wanted to know how to do it yesterday.

((I assume everyone will probably end up back at the house at about the same time. There will probably be some confrontation between Matt and Aiden, though Matt won't suspect anything. Then Matt will more than likely refuse to let Onxy do anything alone. Good luck going to the bathroom!

I also feel like it would be cool to have Becca and Onyx do the sleepover thang while Matt's off doing his training. Onyx can play with the Grim and start discovering her powers stat. I bet we could have tons of fun with that one, lol. I assume we won't get to that actual point for a little while though, slow as the play is rolling. Just some ideas! Anyone can throw some other ideas in there at any time!))

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-05-2014, 11:27 PM

Farefield's scenery seemed to be awfully interesting, judging by how intently Matt was staring out of the window. Onyx puffed her cheeks few times, partly curious to see if he would notice and laugh (or scowl at her being silly) and also to just do something. When she was nervous, like this, even one task at hand was not enough to keep her fully busy. If her hands were free, then she usually played with her bracelets or earrings, wrapped hair strand around finger and tugged on it or did other random things, just to have a second tier of tasks. It was not for nothing that her brother called her hyperactive puppy.

Grimacing turned out to be ineffective so she hummed along some random song, but it turned abruptly in a cough when she saw police cars and tape. Matt reacted lightning fast and old truck was still in the movement when he was already out. Onyx quickly followed, though, not caring about parking nicely (seriously, if they would give her a ticker now, they could go shove it up where sun doesn't shine!). Even without medal 'most observant person in Farefield, 2013' she could notice how the blonde man was getting worked up and he had all the rights. Her walls of peace were crumbling away, too.

However, she didn't butt in the conversation, feeling relief wash over her as officer explained that it Becca wasn't gravely injured or worse. Everything seemed to turn out better than it could have, at least so she thought until policeman mentioned 'friend'. "What friend? Guy? Girl? Did you see him?" Onyx asked hurriedly, somehow automatically assuming it was male, even after her gender related question. And that clue, given by her intuition, was about all she would get for now, as cop left the pair.

Matt was furious, she could sense it quite physically as he led her back to car. His grasp wasn't all that harsh, but surges of anger seemed to come off of him and sting her skin. Now and then, when someone in close proximity was feeling particularly emotional, she could sense it like this. This feeling reminded her of something... Red, suffocating fog, enveloping her... Drowning into it she had no escape... For that brief moment, her gray eyes seemed glazed, but girl snapped out of it and got into the truck, sliding into seat with sigh. That had been one creepy moment. Then again, past few days seemed to be made up from those and little else.

"She has bunch of friends, and large circle of acquaintances, but I am her closest one... She always relied on me for things like these," she spoke quietly, staring blankly ahead, feeling a bit hurt among all that worry. Who could it be that Rebecca trusted more than her? Her thoughts swam back to that strange man she had seen in Becca's kitchen last night. Ai... Aiden was his name? Or maybe Abel? No, he himself was creepy, but name wasn't that strange. Well, her blonde friend sure had seemed... drawn to him. Maybe she should ask Matt what he thought of that guy? However, there were more important things right now.

"I am going to stay with you until we find her, if she's not back home," Onyx stated firmly as they were back on the road, heading towards city. Carn would understand if her home being messy if she explained that it was either finding her best friend and perhaps protecting her from grave danger (literal pun - double score) or cleaning it. She wasn't driving slowly now, perhaps she was even speeding or near there, too eager and anxious to get back home and see Becca there.

"And if she is... Boy, I am going to squish the life out of her and then pinch her or something. I am used to her being careless, but this...!" the girl realized she was kind of rambling and looked sideways. Yes, Matt's anger meter was still at 100%. In all honesty, she liked him smiling, but his brooding side definitely had its charm. She had always been a sucker for the troubled, strong male characters. ... Sheesh, there she went again with weird thoughts about her best friend's brother. Mental sigh.

At his claim that he wasn't angry at Becca she chuckled, although without much amusement. "I think we have all the right to be angry with her. I may be her best friend, but that doesn't mean I have to turn blind eye on her when she does dumb stuff. In fact, it's my right and even duty - and yours as her brother- to point it out. Who else will protect her from herself?"

She sighed then, last sentence bitter in her mouth. Indeed, who would protect Rebecca? Can't say either of them were doing a really good job at it right now. However, when blonde man switched to venting his emotions over short-sighted cops, Onyx sighed. She didn't quite agree with him, but wasn't happy about the way they worked either, so decided to side with him. "Yeah, it's not like you or me really believed it until yesterday, too, but most of them have lived in this cursed place for much longer time and we opened our eyes, whereas they still stand in corner, facing wall." It didn't feel like the best idea to go about the super-natural hating theme just yet, who knows what crazy ideas he would want to accomplish right away, then.

They wouldn't be driving for much longer, when she slowed down, noticing some kind of commotion on road ahead. A car was standing in middle of road and there was a man there, too, they seemed to be talking. It was unusual for someone to hitch-hike here and it seemed like a dangerous thing to do, too. She slowed down and blew the obnoxiously loud horn of her truck few times, as always with two quick pushes followed by one longer (habit in which she copied her father), as she maneuvered her vehicle to pass that dumb Chevy.

And then she hit the brakes - hopefully Matt had put his seat belt on this time as well. Was that Becca looking over driver's shoulder? Girl would have definitely missed it, if she hadn't been staring at this random car she didn't recognize. Moments later, she was out of the truck (now the road was fully blocked, but Onyx didn't really care) and she moved around Chevy's front to have a better look.

OO C: I hope no one minds we join the party? Can be edited!

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Last edited by sadrain; 02-05-2014 at 11:35 PM..

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-06-2014, 03:58 AM

((Hope you don't mind vague familiarity of only knowing her from the diner. Alos the more the merrier in my book!))

Nate smiled when the car actually came to a halt, dropping his arm and moving toward the driver's window as it rolled down. Not all the way, just enough so that the other man could actually look at him. Nate supposed that was smart. Not everyday some confused looking, soaked through, sorry looking excuse of a human being flags you down on the side of an empty country road.

"H-hey," Nate started, smiling slightly. "Sorry about t-this...really. I just need to ask which way you're heading. I seem to have...gotten lost." Someone had peeked from behind the driver, catching his attention. He moved his head slightly to see them better.

Light hair and blue eyes greeted him, a familiar face attached to them. Oh...it was that girl that frequented the diner often. Rebecca, he believed. Nice enough girl. Barely talked to her though. He smiled slightly, lifting a hand to give a smal wave of hello. He didn't know if she'd recognize him.

He turned his attention back to the other man, opening his mouth to apologize again (he needed to get a handle on that first the priest and now some guy he was just asking directions from) when the sound of a horn cut through the slight drizzle and cold like a knife.

He turned, blinking widely at a truck that was trying to squeeze past. Until it stopped dead and a black haired woman burst out quickly, circling the front the man's Chevy and staring through the windshield rather intently. He didn't know what to make of this sudden turn, looking between the driver and the woman at an utter loss for words.

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 02-07-2014 at 07:30 AM..

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-06-2014, 04:07 PM

((I fricked up ignore this it's way too early for me))

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 02-07-2014, 04:24 PM

((Sorry guys, I'm crazy distracted right now. Hope this makes sense!))

Now that he was in perfect view, Becca recognized the boy. He worked at the diner. Mark? Or was it Nick? No, Nate! She was almost sure his name tag had read Nate. She'd never really paid any attention. Then, most people didn't pay much attention to wait staff, treating them like some sort of servants, talking to them like such.

When Nate looked away at something, so did Becca. Was that Onyx's truck down the road? It had to be. She'd only ever seen one in Farefield, and it was Onyx's. And was that Matt with her? Onyx hit the breaks and the tires screeched. Becca grimaced. Onyx's driving.

Onyx was out of the old truck and coming around the front of the old Chevy Impala. At first, Becca was relieved, and excited to see Onyx. She raised a hand to wave, but, was that a scowl on Onyx's face? Oops. Becca could only assume that her best friend and brother had been trying to call her lost and/or broken phone, and that they'd also been out searching for her.

She waved weakly now with a smile that a child who'd been caught red handed might have. Becca should have tried to call them sooner. What would she tell them now though? She hadn't had enough time to think of something! She looked to Aiden for help, then rolled her window down. "Hey On," she said, half smiling, and half grimacing.

Meanwhile, Matt had exited the truck, too. He stormed straight to the driver side window instead. "What the hell is going on here?" he asked angrily, looking from Nate, to Aiden, and then to his sister, and back to Nate. It looked like some kind of shady drug deal or something. He leaned down to see his sister more clearly. "We've been trying to reach you all morning Becca. We just left the camp. Why didn't you call one of us to come and get you? Where is the Bronco?"

His eyes cut to Aiden, "Who is this?" He looked from Becca to Onyx, looking for an explanation. He was angry, though much less so than before. Actually seeing his sister alive and well had calmed him greatly, though he was still pissed at how inconsiderate she'd been. He still swears they were supposed to be born in the opposite order. He'd always seemed like the older brother, and she the careless, accident prone little sister.

Becca looked from Onyx to Matt, "I, um... well... You see, we..." Think think think! Becca looked to Aiden again for help. Half of her just wished he'd gas it. But then what of Nate? They couldn't just ditch out on him in the middle of a conversation, and he needed help, and a heater probably.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 02-07-2014, 06:32 PM

Aiden watch the man give a slight smile as he explained what he wanted. Before he looked over to Rebecca, who was just behind Aiden. "We're just heading towards the local Mart before I take this lovely lady ho--" He was cut off by a serious of horn noises, and by the duration of each honk the driver was clearly annoyed. Aiden looked in the rear view mirror to see a girl he remembered seeing at Becca's house. He narrowed his eyes and almost growled before he remember where he was and who was with him. It was that best friend of hers who threw a plate at him. A damn plate. At him no less! He watch as she was going to ago around him but stopped parallel to his car. He wasn't blocking the road, but not she she stopped next to him, the road was definitely blocked not that it mattered to him at all. He watched as Onyx stepped out of the car and had the audacity to step in front of his precious car. He thought about running her over, but that wouldn't sit well with Rebecca...at all.

Aiden looked from Onyx to Rebecca, she looked like she was a child who was caught red handed. He gave her a small smile, and watch her roll down the window so she could talk to Onyx and the guy he vaguely saw enter the house the other day when he booked it out of there pretty fast. The blondie was suppose to her brother or something, but he was acting more like a concerned parent. Aiden thought about entertaining the young mortal, but just then Becca turned to him again, she was pleading. He knew what she wanted, but because she was human would she really ditch the guy who obviously appealed to her caring personality trait? She wouldn't just ditch him.

"To answer your questions, in order. What ever it is what you were thinking a moment go is not what's happening. We simply were stopped on the road by this fellow here." Aiden motioned to the guy by his window. "He needs some help. And as for you calling, Becca might have misplaced her cell phone and it probably died as well. Which would explain why she couldn't call you. Rebecca was having some car trouble, so the Bronco had to get repair, it broke down. And I happen to pass by." Aiden paused, looked over to Oynx before looking back to the boy. "I'm a friend of your sisters."

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-09-2014, 08:52 PM

She had been right - it was that Aiden guy. Now, Onyx wasn't normally one to get jealous about people that Becca hung out with, but her intuition keenly sang warnings in her mind about this person. He was a danger, he would take her best friend away in some way... At least, like a romantic interest would, if nothing more. Unfortunately, she also felt he was way more than that. He was creepy, unearthly and gorgeous. Right the type Becca didn't need in her life to swoon the lights out of her right now. Whole air seemed to give her shivers, and not the cool kind, but girl could bet that it worked in exactly opposite way for her blonde friend. She was always attracted to danger and bored with regular guys...

Girl let Matt talk, he obviously needed to vent. But when this 'chaperon' answered, Onyx grit her teeth for a moment, before breaking into a brilliant smile. Now, for someone who knew her, all alarm bells should go off as this girl was normally shy and reserved around new people and there were two right now. There were times when her brakes were off, such as being sleepy, tipsy or emotional - good or bad. She wanted to ask, what repair place was the Bronco at, how had he known to pick Becca up, where they had spent so much time and so on, but was aware of third person, nearly stranger at that, nearby, so decided for lighter route.

"You both are hiding something," she said in sweet tone and looked at her best friend, "but with you I will talk later. While you..." and her gray eyes stared in pair of mismatched ones, "next time you decide to sweep her off to surprise date, let her ring someone first. You know what lurks around these parts and how dangerous it can get, after all."

Her tone suggested this girl knew more than she actually did. Not really waiting on his reply, she turned to the other guy, also recognizing him vaguely, her mind working quickly trying to place him, but not quite succeeding other than finding his name and where she had seen him - no extra information was stored in her memory. "I apologize for not addressing you sooner, Nathaniel, now, how may any of us help you? Do you need a ride home? This isn't best time to be wandering streets and I wouldn't want something happen to yet another of our people." There was definitely a bit of... not really possessive note in her voice, but slightly akin to that. Born and raised in Farefield, she suddenly felt as if it was partially her duty to make sure less people suffered from horror going on.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 02-10-2014, 04:33 AM

What a relief. Aiden had found words that Becca couldn't. She smiled and nodded eagerly in agreement as Aiden explained. Saved again! She looked from Matt, who's features seemed to soften somewhat, to Onyx, who's features did something else entirely. Becca knew that look. Her smile faded, ehh... She opened her mouth to say something before Onyx did, but Onyx cut her off, accusing her of hiding something.

Well, that was a huge understatement. Hiding something. Becca was hiding a lot. Liiiikke how she'd almost died today. And how she'd completely totaled the Bronco. What else? Oh, that Aiden was a vampire. Yeah, that was a pretty big one. Becca's heart sunk a little. She was an awful liar. She rarely lied. Even if she tried, Onyx could see through her in an instant.

Onyx said they'd talk later. Really, Onyx would prod Becca with a lot of questions she wouldn't know how to answer. While she wanted to tell her best friend everything, she couldn't. All of that would mean telling Onyx that Aiden was a vampire, and that was not her secret to tell. That was Aiden's secret. Becca had no place telling the world what he was. But perhaps... Onyx wouldn't tell anyone. Becca was torn, but had little time to ponder it.

Her best had already moved on to Aiden. Becca groaned. A surprise date? She dropped her forehead into the palm of her hand, letting her presently, but rarely wavy, hair fall to cover her reddening cheeks. She was never the kind of girl to feel embarrassed. She was always sure and confident. But this whole thing was just so unexpected, and Onyx had it all wrong! She was already moving away to speak to Nate, and Becca peeked out from under her hair at Aiden, and then at Matt, who was suddenly eyeing the both of them suspiciously.

When Aiden had answered for Becca, Matt had grown irritated. He hadn't been talking to this mystery fellow. Yet, he had found himself relieved to hear that in his sister's time of need, Aiden had helped her. While he may have been a little gullible for the moment, it wouldn't be too many days before he realized that the story Aiden had given him, and the story the police officer had given him, didn't match up.

He'd been about to thank Aiden, preparing to scold Becca for not calling and letting them know what was going on, when Onyx started. She'd seemed to think something was being hidden, lied about maybe. Now, as Onyx addressed Nate, Matt watched Aiden sceptically. His eyes, that matched Becca's, looked from Aiden to his sister.

Becca raised her eyebrows in question. "What?" she asked Matt. "I'm not hiding anything. The Bronco broke down and my phone is... in it, inside the Bronco." She nodded. "Aiden and I were just on our way to pick up juice and come home," she explained. Matt rolled his eyes. Typical Becca. She had no idea how long she'd been gone for. That girl could be missing for a whole day and not realize more than a couple of hours had passed. She got too into whatever she was doing.

"We finished breakfast at least an hour and a half ago Bec," Matt said, finally relaxing back to his normal self. He shook his head and straightened. He turned to look at Onyx and the random guy who'd been walking down the road. Matt didn't know him for sure. His first night in town was last night, he didn't know anyone but Becca and Onyx.

He watched Onyx. She was, something... annoyed maybe? Suspicious. She had accused Becca and the guy she'd called 'Aiden' of hiding something. Onyx was Becca's best friend. Could she read Becca that well? He was unsure of what to think. Perhaps Onyx was just upset, like he himself had been.

Matt peeled his eyes away from her to lean back into the window of the old Impala. He was unsure whether to feel sheepish for over reacting, or annoyed and suspicious. He was trying to stay level headed. Plus, if his sister was some kind of interested in this guy or something, the last thing he wanted to do was start something to make things hard on everyone. Little did he know, that that was exactly what Aiden was already doing, and exactly what the pendant had already caused.

His sister was too attracted to the bad boy type, and Matt didn't want to be the one to cause her to get angry and run off with this stranger or something crazy. Besides, he didn't have enough evidence or facts to tell him there was something fishy going on here, and he had a lot on his plate today, a lot to get done. He sighed. "Well, thanks for helping Bec," he said finally to Aiden. "I'm Matt. I know this may sound shocking, but I'm the younger one." It was obvious by their looks that they were related

Becca grimaced. That was definitely a stab at her. She looked away, out the passenger side window, annoyed. People were always judging and misjudging her. She was very responsible. It wasn't her fault that she was a danger magnet. It wasn't like she chose to do crazy things, like sky dive or travel the country hitchhiking or something. She sighed out the window.

Matt noticed Becca's annoyance. She'd get over it. And he'd get over her forgetting to call. It was afterall, typical Becca. For the first time, Matt seemed to notice Sasha in the back seat. "Holy dog, it's a cow!" he said in awe. "What kind of dog is that!?" While Aiden responded, Matt seemed dazed. He'd never seen a dog like that before.

Becca picked up quickly where Aiden left off. "I'm starving Matt, we're going back to mom and dad's. Bye." She said that last word almost rudely, finally picking up the older sister bit. "Go," Becca whispered loudly to Aiden. Matt straightened up as he and Aiden exchanged one last glance, or was that a glare? The Impala took off. Becca looked back over her shoulder at her friend. She'd have to explain to Onyx later, alone.

Matt was left standing there, staring after the old car with his hands on his hips. Had he seen a rip in Becca's sleeve out of the corner of his eye? Come to think of it, had there been a twig in her hair, almost blending in with the seat? No. Maybe. He didn't know what to think. He shook his head. In any case, those two were the least of his worries today, relationship wise anyway. He sighed and closed the small distance between himself and Onyx and Nate. "I didn't even get to talk to her about that pendant," he mumbled to Onyx.

Meanwhile in the Impala, Becca leaned her head against the seat. "I'm so sorry," she said to Aiden. "I don't know what's gotten into Onyx," she explained. "I swear she's not normally so, hostile." Then again, she hadn't actually seen Onyx throw the plate at Aiden either. "I'm sure she'll come around," she said, unsure if her friend really would. Matt had already seemed to forgive and forget, but that was just how Matt was.

"Thanks for saying something for me back there," she said after a moment of silence. "I hadn't actually thought of what I'd say yet. I, I'm not a good liar," she admitted. After another moment, she spoke again, "Do you think the Bronco is repairable?" She did kind of like the old clunky thing. Her dad had had it since, well, since she could remember. He was going to kill her. Everyone was going to kill her, especially if they found out it had never gone for "repairs" in the first place. Becca groaned again. What a day.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 02-10-2014 at 04:37 AM..

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-10-2014, 05:16 AM

Nate had taken as much of what the guy with Rebecca-- she liked to be called something else he just couldn't remember at this point-- had said before the woman-- Onyx she was always with this one he knew her a bit better-- had come up. Then the man Onyx was with was giving him the most venomous look he could imagine in that situation and started lecturing Rebecca. He remained quiet. Not really his place to say anything.

He shifted uneasily on his feet, still shaking from the chill and absently lifting a hand to rub his arms again. He must have left his jacket at the church. He cursed himself mentally, but ultimately pushed the thought from his mind.

He winced when Onyx had turned to him, calling him 'Nathaniel.' "N-Nate...please just call me Nate," he murmured as Onyx continued. A bad habit really. He really didn't like 'Nathaniel.' It was too official and just reminded him of his Grandmother when she got angry. Which was a lot. She had always been angry.

"I uh....I kind of got lost on m-my way home, so I tried to get d-directions," he lied, shifting again. He wasn't going to tell her he had blacked out and wandered out here in the rain with no jacket. A few people here and his old doctor already thought he was crazy. He didn't need anyone else thinking that too. "A ride home would be nice...but it's really, r-really out of the w-way. I don't want to bother anyone with that..."

Then the other man yelled again and the car he had stopped sped off, leaving him with Onyx and someone who he had never seen before. Well at least he wasn't completely stranded. He could at least get directions from these two. He turned, giving the other man a shaky smile. "H-hey...I'm Nate."

((I figured he'd know Onyx a little better since I think Becca hasn't been in Farefield too long? If I'm wrong say something.))

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 02-10-2014 at 07:02 AM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-10-2014, 03:57 PM

Last thing Becca might have seen before car turned around corner was Onyx's hurt eyes. So, that was what she had become? The one her best friend fled from like a monster? The one she had to hide things from? Why the hell had she not managed to keep her trap shut and act like a good friend should (as in, not making scene)!? It didn't help that Onyx's anger typically had two stages: seething and crying. If it hadn't been for Matt and Nate, she would probably have started to bawl there. But as they were right next to her, girl managed to turn her nearly quivering lip into smile.

"Oh, okay, Nate. It's just that your name is really cool!" she explained to poor guy (and didn't lie). Now that she had a better look at him, he did really look out of the place, dressed like this... And that haunted look in his eyes... Was he on the run from something, too? Thought was chilling, to say the least. Was there anyone safe in Farefield right now? The same bugging sense of intuition told her that no, no one was truly safe. But her intuition was last thing Onyx wanted to listen to, as it had gotten her all worked up and made this mess with Rebecca. Honestly, this is why she had chosen "Hakuna matata" as her life motto - any stress or worries in her life immediately took her into swamp. She recalled that Rebecca always laughed at her rather good impersonation of Pumbaa saying it.

"I am definitely giving you a ride home after I drop Matt off at his. I live out of the way, too, so I know the pain," girl claimed. "Come on," she motioned and opened doors, letting Nate get in, her voice way more cheerful than she actually felt. When they were all in, and she had checked that books weren't bothering new passenger (or other way around), car began moving forward again. It was a quick ride now and before Matt left, she quietly told him to tell Becca she will stop by later, but with no 'bad intentions', so she wouldn't avoid the conversations. Books also went with him.

Trip this far had been rather quiet, but after asking where exactly Nate lived, girl felt uncomfortable to going all quiet again and cleared her throat, trying to find a theme to talk about. "So, hm, what kind of music do you like?" she tried.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 02-10-2014, 04:59 PM

Aiden wanted nothing more then just go outside and wring that tiny asian's neck. But he was in complete control so it was nothing but thoughts. So all he really did was stare unblinking into those calculating eyes. Aiden cocked his head to the side when she implied that was taking Becca on a surprise date no less. And yes, he did know what lurked in these parts, he knew everything that goes bump in this town. But did she? He'd bet if any of them knew anything about the supernatural they'd probably only know about Werewolves, Vampires and possibly Witches. Oh but there was so much more than that.

Aiden didn't particularly have an opinion of Rebecca's brother, but he seemed more... easier to be around than Becca's bestie. Less problems for him, atleast that is what he believed. Aiden gave a brief smile and a small nod when Matt thanked him. He gave a wider smile, and glanced at Becca when he also todl Aiden he was actually the younger one. Amusing, really. The siblings' roles were reversed. And after that comment, he noticed Becca's demenaor changed, she seemed to be annoyed. Aiden glanced back over to Onyx and Nate for a bit as they conversed.

His attention was taken away by Matt when he exclaimed in awe about a cow. A cow? Aiden raised a brow, and looked to where Matt's gaze was going. It would seem someone finally noticed that big ball of fur in the back of his car. Sasha was no dog, she was far from it. But would telling them she's really a dire wolf? Which have known to be extinct? That might not be the best route to go, they'd would assume it's more dangerous to be with and a wolf. Since... wild creatures are known to attack even though they seem to be 'tamed'. "Sasha is an American Alsatian"

The wolf knew when someone was talking about her. A large white head peek from behind the seat and went close to the window Matt was looking through. She stared at him with light golden brown eyes. Her ears twitched when Aiden mentioned she was indeed a dog. She didn't really understand exactly what he was saying, but the tone and syllables he used is what she didn't like. She knew him well enough to know that she wouldn't like what he just said about her.

Aiden looked over to Rebecca when mention she was starving, not mention she spoke up quickly when he finished speaking. Then looked up to see Matt move back. They shared a glance, but their glances communicated more than what a normal glance was, atleast from Matt's end.

Aiden rolled up his window, and slowly drove off until he was out of sight from their human eyes. Aiden turned his attention to Becca once more. "Looks like I signed up to be your knight in shining armor." He was hinting that was he was always saving her in more ways than one. Bad liar hmm? a quick thought passed his mind. If she was ever asked about who and or what he was, would she tell, or lie (or evade) and keep it a secret? Only time would tell. "Your truck?" He almost laughed. "Becca, your truck was wrapped almost, not quite, completely around the tree. Your truck is totalled. Unrepairable." He watched as she had a troubled look on her face. "But, for me.. it isn't unrepairable. Though it may need a frame. Don't worry, she'll look the same when I'm done with her."
Aiden focused back on the road. He pulled into the store's lot, and got out of the car before closing the door, he bent down and peered inside at Becca. "Won't take long." With that Aiden went into the store, couldn't have taken him more than maybe say six minutes or so? He wasn't using his vampric speed but he wasn't walking either he was more along the lines of speed walking or power walking. Once he had the OJ he returned to the car. Since he never did turn the car off he just took off towards her house. "If Onyx asks again, or anyone else. We took your truck to a private repair shop. And you were gone this whole time because we were waiting for it to be fixed but it's going to take longer than we thought. And as far the surprise date, that's up to you what you do or don't do with that." He glanced at Becca when he said date.

It took a bit, to reach her house but when they did Aiden parked on the side of the road next to the curb instead of in the driveway.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 02-10-2014, 07:50 PM

When Nate introduced himself, Matt pulled himself away from his own thoughts and that brilliant dimpled smile shined. "I'm Matt, Nate. You're going to catch your death walking around Farefield," he said, and for the briefest of moments, his eyes lingered on Nate's as if hinting there was so much more to what he'd said, though he continued, "in the rain without a coat." Inappropriate maybe, but it was already said.

The three of them slid into the truck, with Nate in the middle since Matt was getting dropped off first. Onyx situated the books, and off they went. Matt was too into his own thoughts to be much of any conversation, which was unlike him, but it had been a long last 24 hours, what could he say?

When they reached the place where Matt would be staying for an undetermined amount of time, his parent's place, he swung the door open and hopped out of the truck. Before he could ask Onyx if they could get together again soon, she was already telling him that she'd be by later. Good then. He nodded and flashed Nate a smile. "Keep your hands to yourself," he mumbled.

Then that smile flashed over to Onyx. His eyes lingered on hers for a moment, wishing her an unsaid caution and safety without him around, and then he grabbed the books, and slammed the door closed. He watched them off, and made his way inside, up the stairs, and to the room he was officially claiming as his own. He dropped the books on the bed.

Meanwhile in the old Impala, Becca half scoffed at Aiden's comment of signing up to be her knight in shinig armor. "Yeah, apparently everyone thinks I need one of those." She pretended then as if she didn't, like it was ridiculous for people to think that. But she side-eyed Aiden for a moment. He had turned out to be quite the knight, in her times of need. All of them so far.

She had to remind herself that he'd shown a lot of interest in her pendant. It wasn't her he was after, it was that necklace. She sighed. Too bad. Tall, dark, handsome, mysterious... he was totally her type. Except for the vampire thing, maybe. She didn't really know about vampires. In fact, she hadn't even known they'd existed until yesterday.

They spoke of her truck, leaving her in a state of hopelessness for a moment, before Aiden assured her that he could fix the Bronco. She stared at him in disbelief. Like, him personally? She imagined him pulling and bending the metal pieces until they fit their original forms. That was the unfixable part. Glass and seats and such were easily replaceable.

Becca almost hadn't even realized that they'd pulled up in front of the old and only grocery store in the whole town, until Aiden opened his door. She nodded as he closed the door and headed off into the store. She watched him until she couldn't see him anymore, and then watched some more, lost in thought.

Finally, Becca turned to Sasha. What would Sasha say if she could talk? What secrets did she know? What would she tell Becca? The girl sighed. "If only you could talk to me," she said, reaching back to give Sasha a scratch behind one of her ears. Before long, Aiden returned, and Becca took the orange juice from him and set it in the floorboard. "Thanks," she said.

He pulled away from the store and gave Becca some clear instructions. She nodded. When he came to the part about the date, she smiled slyly. "I did say I was bad at lying," she shrugged, "You'll have to take me on a date if I'm going to say we've been on a date." She was still smiling, poking some fun Aiden's way, though sort of hoping he might actually like the idea. She was having a hard time reminding herself that he was something to be wary of.

She grabbed the orange juice and exited the car. Onyx's truck wasn't here, and that was a bit of a relief. While she wanted to see her best friend, and explain what had happened, she was starving, and she wanted to eat before having Onyx all upset at her. She needed energy for the conversation they were going to have. Some brainpower at least. Hopefully Onyx could come over and spend the night while Becca's parents were out of town, and they'd have plenty of time to talk then.

Becca walked up the sidewalk and onto the porch where she grabbed the spare key from above the door. She unlocked it and let herself inside, holding the door for Aiden, and Sasha should she want to come in, too. Becca closed the door and moved into the kitchen with the orange juice. Breakfast had already been away for the most part, the pancakes covered on the stove, and the bacon on a plate in the microwave.

She set the orange juice on the counter and moved to get a plate, two plates, one plate? She turned to face Aiden curiously, and somewhat cautiously, holding one plate in front of herself. "Do you, eat, you know, food?" she asked in a voice somewhat unsure of itself.

Upstairs, Matt had plugged his ears with the buds to his iPod and begun reading over one of the books. So far, he'd found a lot of mixed information. He sighed. He was going to have to find things out first hand. Hopefully officer Randy could tell him more, so he wouldn't have to learn too much the hard way. But how could one tell a supernatural apart from a human? He began scanning the books for an answer.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 02-10-2014 at 07:57 PM..

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-10-2014, 09:08 PM

"Not that cool," Nate muttered under his breath, though not really loud enough for her to hear. But he let the fact slide, nodding as Matt introduced himself. He paused when the other man warned him about catching his death, his eyes staying a little longer than they should before the last part was spoken. Did Matt honestly think Nate was in any danger? Because if he did he'd be disappointed. Literally nothing happened out in those woods. Well...at least not to him.

Then they were all in Onyx's truck, Nate himself squeezed between the two. It was a little uncomfortable, but not something he couldn't manage. It was silent the whole way to Matt's place, Nate only every breaking the silence when his teeth chattered or he he had to sniff to keep mucus in his nose.

When they finally made it to Matt's place, the man exited and Nate slid into the seat he once occupied. It was much more comfortable this way; he wasn't squeezed up against Onyx anymore and he could actually lean against the door now. Much more comfortable.

Matt's near silent warning gave him enough pause, moving his eyes to the other's and staring. Just staring. A spark of something dangerous lit his eyes for a brief moment. "You have nothing to worry about there," he muttered back, voice a little low and a tad offended. He wasn't a creep. He might look like one, but he definitely wasn't one.

Then it was just him and Onyx, driving along rain slicked roads with the destination of Nate's house of horrors in mind. He would have been comfortable with the silence, let her have her thoughts, but when she did break it he turned his head, watching her carefully. Music? He hadn't really thought about or listened to music since Washington.

"Any kind really," he said, voice no longer shaking thanks to the heater. "My roommate back in Washington was a Music Theory major so I got to listen to all sorts of things." His face had split into a smile then, actually a little happy to dwell on something happier than his worsening mental illness and the monstrosity stalking him through the woods.

Speaking of...he leaned forward, pointing toward a side road barely visible in the treeline once they had passed the last building until the next town. "Take that one. It's bumpy but it's a straight shot to the house."

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 02-10-2014 at 11:34 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-11-2014, 06:44 PM

Onyx didn't catch the exchange between both men, only noticed that there was one and Nate seemed annoyed by it. But as it didn't evolve into an argument, she just smiled at Matt as cheerfully as she could manage given her mood and waved at him. As she didn't have to focus on road now, girl dug around her pockets and offered Nate pack of tissues. Her curious nature really wanted to ask him what he had been doing on road, apparently long way from home, dressed like this, but she decided against it. Being nosy so openly had never been her thing, at least not with strangers. And that's what he basically was, wasn't he? She vaguely knew he had moved to Farefield because some of his relatives had lived here. Since she helped her auntie at library, she met him outside diner as well and knew he was interested in old news and history of the town, but they hadn't really spoken much.

Thinking of that gave her an idea, actually. But now they were talking about music and Onyx's face brightened. So he did like music! How nice. "Oh, I like most music, too! Sometimes, it's catchy sound that attracts me, other times lyrics," she cheerfully spoke and turned radio a bit louder then, since Nate shouldn't mind then. But then grimaced, as local news started and of course, revolved around last night's disastrous party and she quickly changed stations.

When he showed her the road, girl nodded and turned old truck on it. "That's quite the distance to walk from town," she commented with slight frown as the car 'crawled' over bumps and through muddy puddles. Speed had been lowered, Onyx wasn't interested in getting stranded out here and as durable as her truck was, it had its share of caprices as well.

When they reached Nate's house, she murmured something like "woah, it's quite big." Mentally, she noted that she would check in on him sometime, the house gave her creeps and Nate didn't look all that happy to be here for some reason. On a sudden whim, she grabbed pen from pencil case thrown on front panel and scribbled her phone number on a clean tissue and handed it to the man. "My house is actually not that far from here, so if there's some kind of emergency...," Onyx paused, not sure how to continue "with weather getting worse and worse or something, you know, I'll drop by or give you a ride to center."

Then girl smiled to him with a nod: "try to stay safe, okay?"

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-11-2014, 08:11 PM

Nate smiled as she spoke, obviously happy with the topic. He had opened the package of tissues, using the silky sheets to keep his nose from leaking too much. He didn't think he had a cold. The more he warmed up the clearer his nose became, so there was some good news there. But the good news stopped when she turned up the radio, his smile fading at the words, his brow creasing.

There...had been a slaughter at that party? He looked away, turning his attention to the trees passing them by, chewing his lip as he thought. He had planned to go to that. He could have been there. Chances are he could have died. Is that why he had passed out? Did...did that thing make him pass out to keep him from going? Is that what happened? No...he was probably just being overly paranoid.

There was movement beyond the line of trees; jerky shudders and milky strands. He looked away.

He blinked when Onyx commented on his commute, smiling shakily. "Y-yeah...I tend to cut through the woods most times," he mumbled, turning his attention to the windshield and the wet world beyond.

Then they reached it, the trees opening to reveal the cold place he'd been living for 9 months. Dread and relief filled his gut, eyes scanning over each window carefully as she came to a stop. She mumbled something about the size and he snorted slightly, nodding. It really was quite large. Sometimes it felt bigger than it should be.

He was about to open the door when she spoke again, turning his head to blink as she handed him a piece of soft tissue with her number carefully scrawled on it. He blinked, looking between her and the number silently. "Th...thanks," he mumbled awkwardly, opening the truck door and stepping out.

He gave her a smile when she told him to stay safe, a part of him laughing on the inside at the thought. "I'll try...you do the same, OK? Thanks for the ride." Then he closed the door and stepped toward the house, giving her enough room to drive away if she wished.

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 02-11-2014 at 08:15 PM..