Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-18-2015, 10:00 PM

Banner by Nephila

Welcome
to the official avatar contest for Halloween 2015! Lets get this creep show started!

There will be three categories this time around: Purple People, Creepy Costumes and Haunted Happenings

Words from your Hosts:

Hey guys! I'm Nephila, most of you have probably seen me around the forums at some point or another. I'm kinda a weirdo. I've hosted a few avatar contests in the past but this is my first one as a staff member. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your Fangtastic Entries! (yeah I went there)
Helpful Hints from Nephila:
With any avatar I like seeing both theme and a good grasp on color coordination. I like a balance of story elements and I'm a sucker for a good Cosplay. I feel as long as you've read the rules and the theme for each category we're going to have a good time. I do NOT want to see cluttermonsters. XD

Hey all! I'm llonka, like Neph this is the first time hosting an official event thread. I've been around a long time too. I hope you all enjoy our take on this fabulous Menewshan tradition of avatar contests. Very excited to see what you all come up with.
Helpful Hints from llonka:
I'm pretty much with Neph on what I would/ Wouldn't like to see from you guys. I have faith in you. Out of the box thinking is always a plus. Using an item in a creative way may get you the bonus points you need.

Last edited by Nephila; 10-24-2015 at 12:02 AM..

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 10-18-2015, 10:58 PM

Rules
Read the rules and follow 'em. That's all we ask! XD
  • First and foremost, make sure you follow the Site Rules.
  • Be respectful! Constructive criticism is fine, but please don't be rude to other entrants.
  • You can only enter once in each of the categories, and you may not enter on a mule account. If you do try to enter on a mule, we'll know, so just don't bother. XD
  • Please be sure to use the entry form when you post your entry. Failure to post the form will result in your avatar not being entered into the contest.
  • You may use your own inventory and the DAC to make your outfits.
  • Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like Photobucket or imageshack. What we see is what we'll judge, so be sure that the avatar you enter is saved and won't change.
  • If you want to change your entry, you may edit your submission up until it is posted on the front page. Once it is posted on the front page, you'll have to PING NEPHILA if you want to change anything.
  • Entries must be submitted by November 5 or before the end of the event. Winners will be announced in the Community Discussion forum shortly after the event ends.
Prizes
We'll choose first, second and third place winners in each of the categories. Other secret prizes might be awarded to, depending on the amount of entries received.

Prizes are as follows:
First place: 5,000g
Second place: 3,000g
Third place: 1,000g

Last edited by Nephila; 10-29-2015 at 08:38 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-18-2015, 11:32 PM

Purple People Themed Avatar Contest
Entries in this category should be loosely Halloween themed and should mainly be purple and black. Accents in green and orange are also allowed, but the main colors should be black and PURPLE.

New: And to an even lesser degree than the green and orange you are also allowed small bits of silver/gold. Like microscopic amounts. If your unsure about using an item just ping me and I'll let you know if it passes.

Purple People

Username:
Image of My Entry:

Quote:
[size=5][color=Indigo][b]Purple People Entry Form[/b][/color][/size]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Image of My Entry:[/b]
Entries:

Username: star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:

Username: LillieRose
Image of My Entry:

Username: Bearzy
Image of My Entry:

Username: XoGIZMOoX
Image of My Entry:

Username: Shadami
Image of My Entry:

Username: Midian
Image of My Entry:

Username: bloodstainedwings
Image of My Entry:

Username:shinigamikarasu
Image of My Entry:

Username: Sadrain
Image of My Entry:

Username: Cora
Image of My Entry:

Username: blueblackrose
Image of My Entry:

Username: babyblueyez25
Image of My Entry:

Username: Roxxxy
Image of My Entry:

Username: dragoness129
Image of My Entry:

Username: Velvet
Image of My Entry:

Username: Roachi
Image of My Entry:

Username: GwenaHikari
Image of My Entry:

Username:spicedroses
Image of My Entry:

Username:EirianHikari
Image of My Entry:

Username: KatMagenta
Image of My Entry:

Username: Saravi Boo
Image of My Entry:

Username: Mageling
Image of My Entry:

Username: Suona
Image of My Entry:

Username: linnea
Image of My Entry:

Username: Kent
Image of My Entry:

Last edited by Nephila; 11-08-2015 at 09:18 PM..

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 10-18-2015, 11:53 PM

Creepy Costumes Themed Avatar Contest
Entries in this category should be your typical Halloween costumes. Spooky creatures and racy Cosplay versions of your favorite anime and super heroes are all allowed here.

Creepy Costumes

Username:
Image of My Entry:
Image of who you're Cosplaying:

Quote:
[size=5][color=Indigo][b]Creepy Costumes Entry Form[/b][/color][/size]

[b]Image of Who you're cosplaying:[/b]
Entries:
Username: Briar Rose
Image of My Entry:
Username:EirianHikari
Image of My Entry:
*Username:star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:
Username:HIM_ROCK
Image of My Entry:
Username: KatMagenta
Image of My Entry:
Image of My Entry:
Username: bloodstainedwings
Image of My Entry:
Username: GummyBearKisses
Image of My Entry:
Image of My Entry:
Username: Maha-Aamir
Image of My Entry:
Username: Saravi Boo
Image of My Entry:
Username: shinigamikarasu
Image of My Entry:
Username:Velvet
Image of My Entry:
Username: Captain Howdy
Image of My Entry:
Image of My Entry:
Username:babyblueyez25
Image of My Entry:
Username: Kent
Image of My Entry:
Username:spicedroses
Image of My Entry:
Username:GwenaHikari
Image of My Entry:
Username:XoGIZMOoX
Image of My Entry:
Username: Suona
Image of My Entry:
Image of My Entry:
Username: Roachi
Image of My Entry:

Last edited by Nephila; 11-08-2015 at 09:17 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-19-2015, 12:12 AM

Haunted Happenings Themed Avatar Contest
This part of the contest is a little different. There will be a small written portion of it. Come up with a creative looking spook or someone being spooked and tell us about it! (3-5 sentences please)

Creepy Costumes

Username:
Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?:

Quote:
[size=5][color=Indigo][b]Haunted Happenings Entry Form[/b][/color][/size]

[b]Whatcha haunting?[/b]:
Entries:

Username:star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?: This would be my take on a lady vampire disembarking from a train, some of the other vampires have taken the form of bats, all though a lot of stories can't agree on weather their able to shift forms like that or not. she's also drinking something in the Ruby coloring. is it whine or blood? a very refined lady. and possibly the vampire leader.

Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?: People think, "Oh huh, knight of the Seelie court, that makes you a good guy!" Yeah.... not so much. It just means I like pastels. There's no telling what will happen to you if my queen orders you dead. You like roses? How about a bed of thorns.

Username: Damia Flagg
Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?: Everywhere I'm in search of candy & a good place to hide my sweets after I collect them.
The graveyard looks like a good place to hide them.
Who would think to look in a graveyard for candy?

Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?: Let's go to the old haunted McCready house they said. It will be fun they said. Fun for who? They went and locked me in the attic. Stupid mea... *eyes grow large* Is...is that a...SPIDER! *screams and runs towards the hole in the roof where the moonlight is coming in* That was...what is that? *screams again at the sight of blood and more spider, beginning to cry* Let me out of here!

Username: numerica
Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?: This is a “Lady In White.” She is the spirit of a woman who committed suicide after her husband was unfaithful to her, and now lures unfaithful men to their deaths. The butterfly was a gift from her husband, given to her after the first time he was unfaithful, promising never to do it again.

Username: babyblueyez25
Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?: The lady of loch awe. A woman who was murdered by a jealous lover on old hallows eve haunts the loch on Halloween every year. People who are around the loch on Halloween have reported seeing a woman by the water in white and sounds of her crying can be heard for miles.

Username: HIM_holycrapnuggetsclowns_ROCK
Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?:Having eaten too much cake children should all gather round but they run and hide. It's time for the clowns to have some fun, murderous fun.

Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?: Death by fire and a tornado!? What are the odds! Now this ghost spends her time up in the clouds. The constant wind keeps the fire alive. Being this high up is the best feeling. Maybe she will haunt the occasional plane whenever it passes. What else do you think causes all those plane crashes?

[/B]Username:GwenaHikari
Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?: There once was a woman who lived alone. She lived on a house set on a hill, one day her house became infested with Spiders, the deadly kind. She tried everything to get rid of them, but it only made them angry, so angry that one day they ain't her whole. Now her soul or "ghost" lives on in the house haunting it forever, "known as Spider Lady" by those who live to tell the tale she spends her time reigning as queen over the creatures that killed her and conspires against anyone who buys her beloved dream house she never got to enjoy. When something good happens people always said to pass it on, well she "passed on" and is carrying it forward - some habits die hard.

Username:Velvet
Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?: Every year my school has a haunted house for Halloween and I've never gone..until this year. I don't like scary things because of the weak bladder that runs in my family, but my friends told me it would be fun and more exciting than anything. Plus all the cute boys from school are going. How could I say no to that? I SHOULD have... The boy I was crushing on for like ever slipped and fell in my pee!!! Now I can never show my face at school again!!!

Haunted Happenings Entry Form

Username: Sadrain
Image of My Entry:
Whatcha haunting?: The sky burns with hues of orange and purple, now that the storm that left you stranded on what seems to be uninhabited island has calmed down. You have not lost all hope yet, the route your ship was on is often traveled and perhaps someone received the distress signal captain sent. Now all that matters is to survive until help arrives. Yet you can't shake the images of what seemed like beautiful women in the stormy waters, pulling sailors underneath... As you wander the coast, seeking shelter, you suddenly hear a hauntingly beautiful melody. Following the sound, you come to a cave entrance on the beach. Waves slowly dance into it, making it unfit for a shelter, yet you are pulled closer and closer by the song. Unable to stop your body, you enter the cave where you see a gorgeous young woman smiling at you sweetly as she sings the song of your life. As your sight dims, darkness taking over your consciousness, you realize that instead of legs she has tail of a fish and notice faint figures of your crew mates standing behind her, their spirits now eternally in her servitude as will be yours when her song ends...

Image of My Entry:

Whatcha haunting?:
Bob here just wants to be a human again so he found this disguise. It was left behind during a Halloween bonfire/kegger in the woods and whew those people all left pretty fast when Bob showed up. If he wasn't so determined he might have given up by now. Maybe if he stops bringing the creepy foggy orbs and spiders it might help his cause.

Last edited by Nephila; 11-06-2015 at 12:14 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-29-2015, 07:31 PM

Muahahaha I must enter

Babyblueyez25
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-29-2015, 07:36 PM

Yayyy avi contests

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-29-2015, 08:42 PM

Yay! I can't wait to see all the awesome stuff!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 10-29-2015, 11:40 PM

oooooo! purple!!! i will definitely have to enter this!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 12:00 AM

remember hummy, remember
my spookie luckie roll is:The 100-sided dice lands on 3!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 12:22 AM

For the purple and black avatars, is it ok to keep normal skin colour or should the skin colour of the avatar also be changed to purple or black?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 12:40 AM

You can use any of the regular skin tones. If you use an equipable skin it must be within the color scheme. :)

Liunesta
The Lovely Liune

Old 10-30-2015, 01:05 AM

I can't wait to see all the entries!

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 10-30-2015, 02:02 AM

One of my favorite part of the events. *rubs hands together*

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 02:03 AM

Me too. :D Now I get to be Tha Judge! Muayhahahahaaa!>:D

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 02:06 AM

I shall have to see if I can come up with a good entry for this.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 10-30-2015, 02:10 AM

'rubs hands together excitedly' this is gonna be fun.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 02:21 AM

You bet your bottom dollar it will be! :D

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 02:35 AM

We are able to enter all the categories, aren't we?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 02:45 AM

Sure are. :) Just once per category.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 03:02 AM

Excellent.... *chuckles evilly*

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 03:05 AM

lol oh my. *secretly does Mr.Burns fingers*

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 03:26 AM

Nephila: For the purple people contest is it ok if there is a little bit of white/silver on the avatar? It wouldn't be much, just a few little dots here and there.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 03:34 AM

lemme confer with some peoples about that. . .

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 03:39 AM

Alright, I will watch for your answer.