Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 05-05-2016, 12:43 AM

Plus they have a pendant for tickling toes! Hiya cappy!

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-05-2016, 01:18 AM

Hi dazzie. U know that velvet and I have revived the kaydcave on recolor me .

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 05-05-2016, 03:34 AM

You mean capt and his 1,000 pocket coat:)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-06-2016, 04:04 AM

toe ickler jacket. whoohhoo

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-06-2016, 10:07 AM

Well...it would appear that Sarah caught the BF's cold...
When Sarah catches a cold, she is miserable! She doesn't blow her own nose, but instead, she will wipe the snot running out of her nose over every possible area of her face! ...so, I have to listen extra hard for if she sneezes...so I can wipe the bubbly goo off her upper lip before it becomes a facial mask!
She also doesn't know to put forth enough force to cough any crap out of her throat, so she kinda snore/wheeze/moans a lot...sounding much like Tom Waits when he sings...always sounding like he needs to clear his throat! Lol!
Her appetite is gone...but the BF said that for the first 2 days of being sick, the thought of eating make him feel nauseous...so she should be hungry in a day or so. At least she is drinking! ...she drank a bunch of orange juice and she drank a diet supplement that is peach flavored.
As long as I can keep her hydrated, she can eat when she feels better.

I heard from Hope's mom...Hope is having tons of fun with her new dog!
I guess the dog prefers to be outside during the day...so Hope has spent most of the past 3 days outside, soaking up the sunshine!
That is great news...as she can use all the extra vitamin C and D that she can get to keep from coming down with the cold the BF gave to Sarah!
I was told that Hope's mom pulled out her old Polly Pockets sets from when she was little and gave them to Hope...
These are tiny figurines that fit into different themed sets...some have animals...they are tiny!
Hope was THRILLED!
She was in need of something more complex to play with...something she hadn't completely mastered...and this really fit the bill!
What really struck her mom and me is that she incorporated her other toys...the Peppa Pig clan...to play with the Polly Pockets...and how there is no segregation by color, gender, age...or SPECIES...in her world...and how we think the whole world should think more like Hope does!

I need to go and have another blood test done tomorrow...
The last test showed that I am still borderline pre-diabetic and that I have elevated Billirubin (sp?)...so the doc wants to see if there is something going on that we should be paying attention to.

I had a short discussion with her about my excersize regimen...
I told her that I do all my dishes by hand...and that I wash the majority of our dirty laundry by hand, every day...and that I felt that this extra labor is making me healthier than the city dwellers who are accustomed to doing little more than pushing a button to allow a machine to do all the work so they can sit on a couch to watch a television tell them that they have to do a million things..."DONT MISS THIS SALE! SAVE, SAVE SAVE! WATCH THIS SHOW AT 5! BUY, BUY, BUY! DONT FORGET MOTHER'S DAY!...ect!"
...She only looked at me somewhat sympathetically and asked me if, when I wash clothes by hand, do I continue for 30 minutes at a time...if I increase my heart rate for that long at a time.
I only told her yes...but would have loved to have had the time to describe the process I perform nearly every single day...
So...I'll tell YOU guys! Lol!
I have a bucket...like the buckets you can get at Home Depot...in my bathtub, with a little rectangular tub next to it...
I will pick out enough dirty laundry for a "load"...last load was 10 t-shirts...
I push the bucket under the faucet and adjust the water temperature and dump in some liquid detergent...
Since I usually forget to put on gloves to protect my hands for this step, I usually push the clothes down into the bucket with the long tube that is an accessory for a vacuum that has long since been thrown away...
Then I let the mixture sit for about an hour to soak.
Then the work begins!
Each item is plucked from the soapy water and plunged up and down a few times...then it is inspected for any obvious stains that need extra scrubbing...then the item gets wrung out by hand and placed in the little tub.
When the last item is processed, I dump out the water and start to fill the bucket with water again...and adding the clothes back in.
The same process is repeated again...allowing the residual soap to more thoroughly clean the clothes...then wringing them out again...
Then next bucket of water gets liquid fabric softener...and the plunging and wringing ensues again...
Then, I rinse them one more time in clear water...to avoid skin irritation from the fabric softener.
This time, as I wring each item out, I hang it on a hanger and hang the hanger on the shower curtain rod that I placed over center of the tub...so the extra wet stuff can drip into the tub.
Then I go get something to drink and smoke a cigarette..(though, I wouldn't admit that to my doctor, had I had the chance to tell her all of this! Lol!)
This work part of this process takes closer to an hour...
Sometimes it is extra hard to do!...like washing blankets or sheets...or fleece jackets....they get heavy and unruly!

I kinda enjoy doing the laundry by hand...but it does get old! ...and then I get just a little bit jealous of those who just throw everything into a machine and push a button...
But I think I am benifiting more by expending the extra labor....my muscles stay fit, that's a big plus!

Well...I guess I should be asleep or something...
The BF just got up to pee and came out to the living room and gave me a dirty look and went back to bed...
(I always get the impression that he gets mad when I stay up late to type on the iPad...I don't know why it should bother him!...even when I stay up till 6am, I always get up before noon!)
But...he is taking the day off from work to take me to get this blood test done...so I guess I should hit the hay...

I hope everybody has pleasant weekend! !

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-06-2016, 11:20 AM

Washing clothes by hand is more satisfactory to. I miss having a line that I could go hang clothes on outside. We took it down for some reason? OI have no idea why. I asked hubby if we could put one up when we get our own place.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-06-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlingdreamberry View Post
You mean capt and his 1,000 pocket coat:)
Yep cept I've gone back to the 100 pocket cost.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-07-2016, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
Well...it would appear that Sarah caught the BF's cold...
When Sarah catches a cold, she is miserable! She doesn't blow her own nose, but instead, she will wipe the snot running out of her nose over every possible area of her face! ...so, I have to listen extra hard for if she sneezes...so I can wipe the bubbly goo off her upper lip before it becomes a facial mask!
She also doesn't know to put forth enough force to cough any crap out of her throat, so she kinda snore/wheeze/moans a lot...sounding much like Tom Waits when he sings...always sounding like he needs to clear his throat! Lol!
Her appetite is gone...but the BF said that for the first 2 days of being sick, the thought of eating make him feel nauseous...so she should be hungry in a day or so. At least she is drinking! ...she drank a bunch of orange juice and she drank a diet supplement that is peach flavored.
As long as I can keep her hydrated, she can eat when she feels better.

I heard from Hope's mom...Hope is having tons of fun with her new dog!
I guess the dog prefers to be outside during the day...so Hope has spent most of the past 3 days outside, soaking up the sunshine!
That is great news...as she can use all the extra vitamin C and D that she can get to keep from coming down with the cold the BF gave to Sarah!
I was told that Hope's mom pulled out her old Polly Pockets sets from when she was little and gave them to Hope...
These are tiny figurines that fit into different themed sets...some have animals...they are tiny!
Hope was THRILLED!
She was in need of something more complex to play with...something she hadn't completely mastered...and this really fit the bill!
What really struck her mom and me is that she incorporated her other toys...the Peppa Pig clan...to play with the Polly Pockets...and how there is no segregation by color, gender, age...or SPECIES...in her world...and how we think the whole world should think more like Hope does!

I need to go and have another blood test done tomorrow...
The last test showed that I am still borderline pre-diabetic and that I have elevated Billirubin (sp?)...so the doc wants to see if there is something going on that we should be paying attention to.

I had a short discussion with her about my excersize regimen...
I told her that I do all my dishes by hand...and that I wash the majority of our dirty laundry by hand, every day...and that I felt that this extra labor is making me healthier than the city dwellers who are accustomed to doing little more than pushing a button to allow a machine to do all the work so they can sit on a couch to watch a television tell them that they have to do a million things..."DONT MISS THIS SALE! SAVE, SAVE SAVE! WATCH THIS SHOW AT 5! BUY, BUY, BUY! DONT FORGET MOTHER'S DAY!...ect!"
...She only looked at me somewhat sympathetically and asked me if, when I wash clothes by hand, do I continue for 30 minutes at a time...if I increase my heart rate for that long at a time.
I only told her yes...but would have loved to have had the time to describe the process I perform nearly every single day...
So...I'll tell YOU guys! Lol!
I have a bucket...like the buckets you can get at Home Depot...in my bathtub, with a little rectangular tub next to it...
I will pick out enough dirty laundry for a "load"...last load was 10 t-shirts...
I push the bucket under the faucet and adjust the water temperature and dump in some liquid detergent...
Since I usually forget to put on gloves to protect my hands for this step, I usually push the clothes down into the bucket with the long tube that is an accessory for a vacuum that has long since been thrown away...
Then I let the mixture sit for about an hour to soak.
Then the work begins!
Each item is plucked from the soapy water and plunged up and down a few times...then it is inspected for any obvious stains that need extra scrubbing...then the item gets wrung out by hand and placed in the little tub.
When the last item is processed, I dump out the water and start to fill the bucket with water again...and adding the clothes back in.
The same process is repeated again...allowing the residual soap to more thoroughly clean the clothes...then wringing them out again...
Then next bucket of water gets liquid fabric softener...and the plunging and wringing ensues again...
Then, I rinse them one more time in clear water...to avoid skin irritation from the fabric softener.
This time, as I wring each item out, I hang it on a hanger and hang the hanger on the shower curtain rod that I placed over center of the tub...so the extra wet stuff can drip into the tub.
Then I go get something to drink and smoke a cigarette..(though, I wouldn't admit that to my doctor, had I had the chance to tell her all of this! Lol!)
This work part of this process takes closer to an hour...
Sometimes it is extra hard to do!...like washing blankets or sheets...or fleece jackets....they get heavy and unruly!

I kinda enjoy doing the laundry by hand...but it does get old! ...and then I get just a little bit jealous of those who just throw everything into a machine and push a button...
But I think I am benifiting more by expending the extra labor....my muscles stay fit, that's a big plus!

Well...I guess I should be asleep or something...
The BF just got up to pee and came out to the living room and gave me a dirty look and went back to bed...
(I always get the impression that he gets mad when I stay up late to type on the iPad...I don't know why it should bother him!...even when I stay up till 6am, I always get up before noon!)
But...he is taking the day off from work to take me to get this blood test done...so I guess I should hit the hay...

I hope everybody has pleasant weekend! !
I have done laundry by hand but prefer a washer.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-07-2016, 06:38 AM

Well...no blood test for me!
After the BF made me believe that he wasn't going to work today, he went to work...
I was awakened by the man from the power company banging on the door...He had come to shut off our service because we completely forgot to pay the bill.
I called BF...he was swamped with work at work..he would get up to pay the bill in a while...
Well...I still expected to go get this blood test done, and was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to take a bath until the power came back on to run the well pump.
A couple hours of boring waiting...watching the battery indicator on my phone get smaller and closer to red...then, finally, the BF texted me to tell me that the power would be on soon.
About 45 minutes later, the lights came back on...
I started filling the bathtub and texted the BF to ask if we were still going into town to get my blood drawn...
I took a bath and hurried to ready Sarah and myself for the car...
No replies from the BF...and it had gotten late enough that we wouldn't get to the clinic before it closed...
I was so angry and disappointed! ...I had promised the nurse that I would be in before the week was done.
The BF came home spouting about how he never promised that he would take the day off...saying that next week is gonna be his last at the tire shop...that he hates working for someone else and making such little money...
I was mostly mad because he had told me one thing, then did something else...and didn't bother to keep me informed at all...
The fact that I made assumptions based on what he had told me...and found that I had assumed wrong...as usual!
I blew up at him...told him that I am tired of the fact that not a single soul ever makes ME their "priority"...how I work my ass off doing things the hard way to make sure he has clean clothes...and clean dishes...and cooked food to eat...
I told him that it sucks to be taken for granted...to be neglected...to be forgotten about.
He just sat in silence until I asked him if anything I had told him had hit a nerve or anything...
The tone in his voice sounded like he was mad at ME...and I told him about that...so he said "It doesn't matter what I say, so I'm not gonna talk!" and he went and laid on the bed and went to sleep!

I miss Hope!
She would be distracting me from feeling like I do right now, if she were here!
Right now, I'm really relieved that things seem to be going well with Hope and her parents.
Right now, I wish I could go to sleep and never wake up!
Right now, many nasty thoughts are crowding my mind.
Right now, I have decided that I won't be getting a blood test until my doctor forces me to have it done by refusing to refill my prescriptions.
...and the BF is awake and acting like everything is fine!
I don't feel very fine at all, actually....
i'm glad I have lots of housework to do to keep me busy...cuz it doesn't take long for my mind to start thinking things I shouldn't think when I'm not busy!

Hope should be back next week...I think! (I am so uninformed it is ridiculous!)
Maybe things won't look so bleak for me by then.
Honestly...things ALWAYS look bleak for me! ...I just sugar-coat everything so I won't sound like I'm complaining all the time!

Hey, folks!...I'm really sorry I'm such a downer!
I really just needed get it all off my chest!
I don't have REAL people to talk to...

I hope everybody has a good weekend!
Anybody doing anything special? !

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-07-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
Well...no blood test for me!
After the BF made me believe that he wasn't going to work today, he went to work...
I was awakened by the man from the power company banging on the door...He had come to shut off our service because we completely forgot to pay the bill.
I called BF...he was swamped with work at work..he would get up to pay the bill in a while...
Well...I still expected to go get this blood test done, and was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to take a bath until the power came back on to run the well pump.
A couple hours of boring waiting...watching the battery indicator on my phone get smaller and closer to red...then, finally, the BF texted me to tell me that the power would be on soon.
About 45 minutes later, the lights came back on...
I started filling the bathtub and texted the BF to ask if we were still going into town to get my blood drawn...
I took a bath and hurried to ready Sarah and myself for the car...
No replies from the BF...and it had gotten late enough that we wouldn't get to the clinic before it closed...
I was so angry and disappointed! ...I had promised the nurse that I would be in before the week was done.
The BF came home spouting about how he never promised that he would take the day off...saying that next week is gonna be his last at the tire shop...that he hates working for someone else and making such little money...
I was mostly mad because he had told me one thing, then did something else...and didn't bother to keep me informed at all...
The fact that I made assumptions based on what he had told me...and found that I had assumed wrong...as usual!
I blew up at him...told him that I am tired of the fact that not a single soul ever makes ME their "priority"...how I work my ass off doing things the hard way to make sure he has clean clothes...and clean dishes...and cooked food to eat...
I told him that it sucks to be taken for granted...to be neglected...to be forgotten about.
He just sat in silence until I asked him if anything I had told him had hit a nerve or anything...
The tone in his voice sounded like he was mad at ME...and I told him about that...so he said "It doesn't matter what I say, so I'm not gonna talk!" and he went and laid on the bed and went to sleep!

I miss Hope!
She would be distracting me from feeling like I do right now, if she were here!
Right now, I'm really relieved that things seem to be going well with Hope and her parents.
Right now, I wish I could go to sleep and never wake up!
Right now, many nasty thoughts are crowding my mind.
Right now, I have decided that I won't be getting a blood test until my doctor forces me to have it done by refusing to refill my prescriptions.
...and the BF is awake and acting like everything is fine!
I don't feel very fine at all, actually....
i'm glad I have lots of housework to do to keep me busy...cuz it doesn't take long for my mind to start thinking things I shouldn't think when I'm not busy!

Hope should be back next week...I think! (I am so uninformed it is ridiculous!)
Maybe things won't look so bleak for me by then.
Honestly...things ALWAYS look bleak for me! ...I just sugar-coat everything so I won't sound like I'm complaining all the time!

Hey, folks!...I'm really sorry I'm such a downer!
I really just needed get it all off my chest!
I don't have REAL people to talk to...

I hope everybody has a good weekend!
Anybody doing anything special? !
I'm really sorry the bf is being difficult.
Maybe u should go on strike till he pays attention. Maaaaaaybe

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-08-2016, 06:11 AM

Your blow by blow accounts of Sarah's bodily fluids and where they end up make for interesting reading, Inzaned One. However, I am glad that you don't work as a surgical technician or at the county coroner's office.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-08-2016, 11:06 AM

Awww... Mr. Wrong...you wouldn't be entertained by a running account of squishy, expired organs being removed and weighed? Lol!
(In all reality, I would do well in the coroner's office! ...or a funeral home! ....dead folks are usually pretty quiet, unlike the chaos of my daily life! Lol!)

Poor Sarah sounds awful!...nearly every breath she takes is accented by a kinda bubbly cough!
I tell her to cough, but she just doesn't know how to get that phlegm to break up...and if it DID, she doesn't know how to spit (on purpose...she drools a lot, though!)...so she just swallows the mucos back down...and it just stays in her throat.
I seem to be coming down with the darn cold, myself, now...
I spent the evening shifting from freezing to sweating...and my throat seems a little scratchy...and my normally ragged cough is a little more ragged than usual.
If I was feeling better, I would have an energetic session of "tickle the Sarah,"...for when I tickle her until she is kinda gasping for breath, she tends to cough that crud up and breaths deeper.
...But, I was feeling pretty bad for a little while...all my muscles were aching because I kept getting cold!
Maybe I'll tickle Sarah tomorrow...

Today was a rather crappy day...
When I woke, I was still angry from the day before...fueling my ambition to get a load of laundry washed and the dishes done.
I had an appointment to meet a lady that had a dresser I wanted to buy...
The cost would be $50...seemed like a fair price for exactly what I wanted to replace Sarah's piece of junk with...and I assumed that we could afford it...
Well...in THEORY, we can afford it...but, when the BF made a deposit in the ATM at his bank, he neglected to remove his debit card...within the 10 minutes it took him to return to the bank, the machine had eaten and swallowed his card and would not return it!
So, his funds are off limits until Monday, when there are people working at the bank.
Needing fifty dollars, I withdrew what I could from both of Sarah's government debit cards...but we still needed to scrape change to put gas in the truck.

While the BF had been at work, earlier, one of his coworkers (that is also a roommate to The Different Guy) was feeling nauseous and stated that he had vomited earlier, so he asked the boss if he could go home.
Everybody agreed that he should go home.
On his way home, he turned onto a road that would not have taken him home...he suffered a seizure and hit a big rock and rolled his Forester....
The first person to come upon the accident called 911...and she said that she could see our friend seizing while paramedics had to break the windshield to get to him...she said the seizure lasted FIFTEEN MINUTES!
The ambulance took him to a hospital in the city...but nobody, including the State Patrol report, told the emergency personnel that he had been in a car accident...the State Patrol report wasn't even completed and the poor guy's mom is at a loss as to where to call to find her son's car!!
The hospital released the guy within a couple hours and his roommates came and took him home...
They weren't home but a short time when the guy had another seizure!!
(He does NOT have a history of having seizures, though...apparently he had a seizure back in December and his mom never TOLD him about it...and he never remembered it! ....stupid mom!)
So...the ambulance was called and he was taken back to the hospital.
His roommates were so traumatized!! Neither of them had ever witnessed a seizure before and did not know what to expect!
The BF and I had driven to their house to see how the guy was doing and there were TWO ambulances there! ...both for the one guy...cuz the live just about ON the county line boundary and dispatch sent an ambulance from 2 different stations in case one was out of jurisdiction.
So...I am totally pissed off at the hospital for releasing the guy without keeping him for observation!
Thinking all was well, his roommates may not have been there when he hit the floor! ...not to mention the shock and terror that his roommates endured when he should have been under the observation of qualified medical personnel!
We haven't gotten any new details other than they kept him overnight to run tests....the tests that should have been run when he was brought in by ambulance the FIRST time!
It is at least a half hour to 45 minute trip from his house to the hospital...I think it would have been wiser for them to have kept him overnight in the first place!
I hope he sues them for releasing him without running any tests...at LEAST a spinal tap!!
And I hope that his mom finds his car!
...seemed like EVERYBODY!...the State Patrol, the paramedics AND the emergency room doctor...ALL dropped the ball!!
Poor guy! ...I think he is 21...and he may have received some brain damage if that seizure at the accident really DID last 15 minutes.
I guess we will see what he finds out...when he finds out.
(The good news was that he recognized the BF and his roommates before they took him in the ambulance...that's a great sign!)

So...we did get the dresser...and got it home...and we got it into the living room....then the BF sat down and fell asleep while I battled chills and sweats.

I finally decided to heat a cup of coffee to see if it would make me warm...I used it to wash down a couple of Tylenol...then I swallowed 2 mouthfuls of honey...and, coincidentally??...the chills subsided and I felt good enough to start cooking dinner!
The relief was temporary, though...and I was feeling miserable, again, as I got Sarah ready to eat dinner.
Eating seemed to help me feel better...and it must have worked for Sarah, too...because she ate about half the food I put on her plate...and half of that, she put in her own mouth!!

Hope is expected back tomorrow/today/Sunday...
I hope I feel a lot better after I sleep!
I have a bunch of odds and ends that I need to tend to...like vacuuming and getting that dresser into Sarah's room...
I hope Hope doesn't catch this cold from us...Her mom said that she spent a majority of 3 days out in the sunshine...
Maybe that boosted her immune system!!
I can HOPE!!

Well...I best set off for Sleepland!
Noon will come sooner than I know it! Lol!

Oh!!...I almost forgot!!
They had a couple tornados southeast of Denver on Saturday! ...there is some awesome video of the twister on the news channels...
Google Denver area tornados...I bet you'll find it.

Speaking of weather...how IS everybody's weather?
Colorado went from snow to tornados in less than 2 weeks! Wow!...I wonder how this summer is going to be!

Okay...I'm going this time!!
Everybody have a Spectacular Sunday!! !

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 05-08-2016, 09:33 PM

Hi all! Got my last load drying. Less than usual cuz temp is warm, but cloudy. Grass getting brown again. Mr 's watching the game. I had this bmi chart and Mr x asked what it is. You put in your height and weight and it says if you're overweight. I offered to do Mr x. I asked, how much do you weight? He said 138? I said, try 130. He went and weighed himself and yes 133 at 5'7". I thought itd say underweight, but he was smack dab in normal territory. He looks painfully underweight yet is always eating. I didn't tell him, but I weigh more than him. And I'm 5'1". I want to get back in the normal category. Its 8#. So I've been having fruits and veg.

We're thinking of moving which is wild. To fremont about 30 min away. My bro has a rental house there which is huge. 1600 square feet. Theres 2 loos, 2 tubs, 2 car garage. We're squished in an 1100 square foot house. One loo, one tub, one car garage. Its so small you know the others whereabouts. I don't relish moving tho. And Mr x planted an avocado tree that hasn't borne fruit yet.

Hitting hofbrau with Mr go tomorrow.

Whats the dogs name, izzy? Pets are so fun for kids. That sucks you couldn't get to lab test. And now you have bfs cold? Oh no:( hope the young man is ok.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-09-2016, 06:49 AM

Hey, Dazzy!
I think its an exciting possibility...moving to a bigger place!
...having enough room to put things away and actually decorate will always be liitle mire than a dream to me! Lol!
I hope ya take the plunge....right into one of those 2 tubs!!
Do you like the neighborhood that the rental is in?

Our friend is still being kept for tests and observation...being the weekend, I suspect some tests waited for the work-week to begin.

Hope's new doggie-sibling's name is Samson...Sammy for short.
i got to meet him when Hope's parents brought her home...
He is the sweetest doberman I have ever met! ...calm and social...till the cat made her presence known...
It is suspected that Samson had spent most of his 4 years being kennelled...that he has never seen a cat before...that he has never seen a lot of stuff...including affection...
He loves to be petted and talked to....like he has already found Heaven!
I'm happy for all involved!

Yes...Hope has returned....and in the few hours she has been back, I have had mire reasons to smile and laugh....and I think I can physicallly feel my heart got lighter!
Just her presence is enough...but, then she TALKS to me...and i am just filled to the brim with love and pride for this little girl!
And she has gone out of her way to help me out...getting things for Sarah, picking items off the floor...and telling Sarah what to do! Lol!

All is right in my world, for now....my Hope has returned!
The BF offered to take me to get my blood test done before he goes to work...
I told Hope she could go with me....to watch my blood be drawn...and she asked me, "But, can I ask QUESTIONS?"
I told her that I would be PLEASED if she asked questions!

So,...the morning will come sooner than usual....so, I better talk Hope into going to bed!
I hope the week kicks off in fine fashion for everybody! !

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-11-2016, 09:03 AM

So...I dropped by to brag about Hope...
She kinda astounded me today by showing how good her memory is!
....I bought Hope a stuffed bear that holds a phone and sings "I just called..to say...I love you..." just before Valentine's Day 2015...from a thrift store...
(Some may remember that I had mentioned the bear in a post...it was the same post where I talked about a bitter old woman who snapped at Hope when Hope tried to show her the bear...)
On the phone that the bear holds is a picture of a girl bear.....
The picture kept getting pulled out until I took the picture and put it away...
Today, Hope was playing with that bear...so I went and got that little picture and asked if she remembered where that came from...
Keeping in mind that she hasn't even SEEN that picture in over a year...I was surprised when she didn't even hesitate to say "Right here...in the bear's phone! Lemme put it in dare!" and she took it and slipped it back into the slot on the little plastic phone!
...Her memory is like a steel trap...her ability to understand everything that adults talk about...and her willingness to ask questions about things she doesn't know...keeps my jaw dropped and a proud smile on my face!
She is very self-sufficient and she rarely cries when she falls down...unless it hurt REALLY bad...but, even then it isn't uncontrollable whailing that a lot of little kids do!
She has begun to sing songs she makes up...sometimes she combines 2 songs into 1...and, (my favorite!) she will just sing nonsense words..."Dee dah dee day doo do dah dee day!" ....she also rhymes words sometimes!

I realized just how much I truly missed Hope while she was gone...
I realized that for the 9 days that she was gone, I don't think I had any reason to laugh!
I don't remember laughing about anything during that time...
But, since her return, my belly muscles are sore from the laughter!
I FEEL better! ...things just seem BRIGHTER when she is here!!
It's like she has MAGIC in her!...and she believes that she DOES have magic!
....maybe she really DOES! !

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-11-2016, 05:59 PM

Hey...I just wanted to stop in and suggest that everybody check out the new song by Lukas Graham called "7 Years."
(I don't do the "add a link here" thing,...and my phone wouldn't let me accomplish it if I knew how and tried....but I bet Mr. Wrong or some other smartphone-savy person could help here *hint hint*)
I think it is an amazing song and should be heard by everyone....the lyrics are fantastic!
.......Gotta go!.....I hope everybody is well & having a good day! !

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 05-11-2016, 09:20 PM

Greetings from the hundred acre city! I'm on my new replacement phone. Just exchanged SIM cards. It's a Windows phone. I like. Doesn't have lots of apps, but a lovely home screen with subject tiles. Other day I tried Garmin GPS going to hofbrau. Worked well. Had lunch again with mr go. It's a lunch café. I had a burger and ice Joe. Mr go had bacon and something else. Dang, what was it? I was there. A small stack of pancakes. That's it, he mentioned maple syrup. Gfs birthday coming up. Have to get her some disposable thing like food, cause she hasn't moved yet and I don't want to contribute to more boxes.
Izzy, haven't explored the rental house city yet. I'm most concerned with crime. Don't think my pink numb chucks are legal. We'll have to go hang out there and check it out. That's a perfect name, Samson! I love your hope stories! I remember you telling of the bear. I'm glad hopes back with you! Did you get your lab test? I have to get mine too.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 05-11-2016, 09:31 PM

Aww. Poor Sarah. :c
I hope she feels better soon!

Speaking of Hope! Lol.
Hope's memory is amazing. I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast this morning! I can't even remember to take my meds in the morning!

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 05-13-2016, 01:54 AM

Well Mr. x just noticed my new phone. I did hang my head cause its my 16th one. But I don't buy expensive ones. I buy them if they're pink! This is a Nokia Windows one and only cost 50 bucks. It has Cortana, the robot voice like Siri. I had him ask her for the weather. He was amazed she spoke. Baywatch is on. That's also name of breakfast restaurant. Don't see the connection. Starting to house clean for possible move. Was deep in the depths of kitchen cupboard. I had 7 boxes of brown sugar stored. You know what happens if you leave them for years? It liquifies. Ick. Boxes stuck together, sticky mess. I'm aghast ants hadn't invaded.

Captain, that was one huge trampoline! Did you bounce a little?

---------- Post added 05-12-2016 at 09:31 PM ----------

Izzy, have you ever tried an ecig? I have them in flavors, coffee, vanilla, etc. I like to bounce the smoke off bathroom mirror. With window open. Tend not to do it in warm weather. Have to hide it from Mr. x. He hates smoking. I use the non nicotine but they have nicotine too. Did you do the flour crisscross design on peanut butter cookies?

---------- Post added 05-12-2016 at 11:15 PM ----------

Some late night reading of animal mag, best friends. Mr w, ever hear tell of them in Utah? They have a sanctuary there.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-14-2016, 03:03 AM

No, Dazzy...I got the blood drawn on monday...6 vials!...but I haven't heard back about any results yet.
...And, yes, I have tried the e-cig and something about it just feels "wrong" to me.
I fear that we may discover that the electronic cigarette may cause health issues that we dont know about yet.
When I smoke a real cigarette I can be pretty confident that what I am smoking is tobacco and thst I run a great risk of contracting some form of cancer from it.
E-cigs use oils that contain a variety of ingredients, including polyethylene glycol...which is used in a lot of foodstuffs, but I think it may not be a great idea to heat it and introduce it to your respritory system....but, I often overthink things and verge on the edge of paranoia! Lol!
The BF uses an e-cig on occaision...and now he uses a "kiln" to vape oils and marijuana "wax"....I vape some wax once in a while, but, again, prefer the "old-school" method and would rather smoke the herb in a pipe or rolled in a joint.
I think that as I age I find myself putting on the brakes when it comes to newfangled, electronic gadgets! Lol!
(Dang Commies 'll get us one way or t'other!) Lmao!!

So...Hope has caught the cold that BF brought home for Sarah to catch...
I only had a scratchy throat on the night before Home came back from her extended visit with her parents.
I had assumed that I would wake feeling like bear poop!!...but by the time Hope arrived, I was feeling okay...and only improved after her arrival!
I mentioned this to Hope and she replied, "Cuz I gived you some of my majic so you could not be sick any more!"
I sure wish I could return the favor for HER! ...poor kid has yuck-nose and a slight fever, but she has stayed in a pretty good mood! ...but I suspect that the middle of the night/early morning may see a different scenario...
I HOPE not,....but I won't be surprised if she is feeling pretty cruddy at about 4am...when her Ibuprofen wears off.
Sarah still has yuck-nose and a kinda bubbly sounding cough...like she always sounds when she catches a cold.

I'm hoping that I don't wind up with more symptoms now that Hope is sick....
Honestly, I'm not sure why I haven't gotten sicker than I did....with Sarah needing her yuck-nose wiped off her upper lip all the time!
Things happen (and don't happen)for reasons unknown! Lol!

Well....everybody suddenly wants my attention so I gotta go! ....Happy Weekend, All! !

ladydiana
Planet Rock

Old 05-14-2016, 05:31 PM

It's starting to feel like summer time here .Rain and thunder storms at night .Windy and cooler at night .I can't wait when they open this new bakery and restraunt .It will be awhile .Anyone seen the new cartoon Camp WWE on the WWE network .

---------- Post added 05-14-2016 at 12:38 PM ----------

What is going on in recolor me .

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-16-2016, 05:58 PM

Honestly, I haven't been to recolor.me in probably a month...
I like their format because it is simple...and dressing the avi is fun...but a lot of the threads seem childish and immature...reminds me a LOT of Mobion!
I'll go back there when I have an abundance of time (HA!!) & I get bored.

Hope seems much better...her cold is about done already!
Sarah still sounds congested and she had 2 seizures on Saturday.
Sarah has a neurology appointment on Thursday...I hope we can discuss some issues...

When I woke up, today, it was raining...then it turned to big, slushy snowflakes!
We are expecting wet weather most of this week.
Ahhh....Springtime in the Rockies!

I hope everybody is having a good Monday! !

ladydiana
Planet Rock

Old 05-16-2016, 06:36 PM

It's raining today .What Is the name of the small town in Colorado that all four police officers resigned .

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-16-2016, 08:26 PM

All four???? Talk about a one horse town!

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-16-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydiana View Post
It's raining today .What Is the name of the small town in Colorado that all four police officers resigned .
That would be Green Mountain Falls...a tiny town of 700 residents, nestled against the base of the mountain, on Highway 24, east of Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs.
I have never ventured off the highway to visit this particular hamlet, but have often gazed longingly from the car and reflected how the small towns along that stretch of highway remind me of the tiny town I grew up in.

El Paso and Teller county officers have offered to act as interim law enforcement until they purchase new police officers...Sounds like the cops didn't like the new mayor & resigned before she was sworn in
I hadn't heard about it until Diana mentioned it and I googled it...
I love small-town news...so, Thanks, Diana! I learned something new today! Lol!