Chouno
Fearless Heartful

Old 10-22-2009, 03:14 PM

Googling "masculine outfit" and things like that shows up with nothing manly. -___-"
However, "sexy man outfit" got me this link, which has some decent stuff on it. xD

Last edited by Chouno; 10-24-2009 at 02:21 PM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-24-2009, 12:28 AM

Sexy peasant? Sexy serial killer? ... Sexy werewolf?! ... Wow.

Where are the sexy nuclear physicists? The sexy sanitation workers? The sexy assistant vice principals? ... :lol:

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 10-24-2009, 01:52 AM

I'll take one sexy devil and one sexy convict please. xD

Ebony Mist
Lurker
Send a message via MSN to Ebony Mist

Old 10-24-2009, 04:29 AM

If I ever switch to a boy avatar I would love to see something like this;

link

The jacket and the pants with zippers are pretty awesome.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 10-31-2009, 04:33 PM

I know I'm not a guy, but I'd like to suggest facial hair.

aimeeko
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2009, 06:34 AM

Someone posted a turtle neck, I second that. Ties would be cool, you know just plain ties and button down shirts, in lots of colors like the girls have tank tops.

deweyduquesne
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to deweyduquesne Send a message via MSN to deweyduquesne Send a message via Yahoo to deweyduquesne

Old 11-06-2009, 12:08 PM

to be honest, i dont think this is very hard. please, anything will work. pants, jeans, slacks, dress pants, t shirts, long sleeve shirts, this isnt an all female society nor is it a society where the internet is banned. what u SEE us wear is what we want to see on the site. thats all lol. do u really need pics to see what we want? specifics are great, but considering how much MORE we need to see, that can come later i think lol

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 11-06-2009, 07:36 PM

As much as I do like some of the hair styles we have, I have to agree that they're almost all either girly or very gender neutral, even the short hair styles. So I hope the next hair style update will bring a little more masculinity to the choices.

And I must have mentioned this before, but long coats would be awesome. Something like this or this. (I am totally not asking for this only so I can cosplay.. <.<)
Better suits would also be great. I was searching for a suit and I couldn't find any good jackets, in particular.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 11-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Ah yes, like a formal tuxedo, or a leisure suit would be nice options.

I'm definitely a suit jacket + tshirt + jeans kindof... gal xD

I cross-dress sometimes lemme alone :cry:

deweyduquesne
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to deweyduquesne Send a message via MSN to deweyduquesne Send a message via Yahoo to deweyduquesne

Old 11-07-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyori View Post
Ah yes, like a formal tuxedo, or a leisure suit would be nice options.

I'm definitely a suit jacket + tshirt + jeans kindof... gal xD

I cross-dress sometimes lemme alone :cry:
hehe all very nice ideas, I concur

Advokat
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-12-2009, 06:56 AM

This hair would be lovely, because it's MY hair:
http://soulreaper.de/install_guide/DBKano.jpg

Also I love this, take particular notice of the asymmetrical tee, I do love it:
http://wiki.ggftw.com/to-w/images/f/ff/TO_Gladiator.png

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 11-14-2009, 09:42 AM

I think a part of the problem for the overwhelming effeminity on Menewshan avatars lies in the hairstyles.

For example, I want my character to have long black hair. However my choices are either the one I'm currently wearing, or the one that makes you "Look like the chick from The Ring" and covers up half your face.

I would apprecite a long but GRUNGY hairstyle, much like the one of Brandon Lee as The Crow in my signature (You may have to refresh a few times to get the picture I'm talking about).

Red Cross Robbery
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Someone above me mentioned pants? And I totally agree. Most of the pants I've seen on here just don't fit well, or are just too bleh.

Someone posted a bunch of japanese drag queens up there, and I want you to know that I firmly do not support such items. I don't want to see a new "Hot Topic" shop open to sell items. I just want to look nice :D

Nothing says masculine like a good plain shirt and a nice pair of jeans you know?

deweyduquesne
*^_^*

Old 01-29-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Cross Robbery View Post
Someone above me mentioned pants? And I totally agree. Most of the pants I've seen on here just don't fit well, or are just too bleh.

Someone posted a bunch of japanese drag queens up there, and I want you to know that I firmly do not support such items. I don't want to see a new "Hot Topic" shop open to sell items. I just want to look nice :D

Nothing says masculine like a good plain shirt and a nice pair of jeans you know?
i agree. the only things that make us look masculine in the western sense right now are the metal things (weapons, armor and such). we need some jeans, and sneakers, and more pointy things!!!!

.Paralytic.Poison.
⊙ω⊙
Banned
Send a message via MSN to .Paralytic.Poison.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:34 AM

This is just the sort of thread that I have been looking for! I have been browsing through the stores and noticed that all the clothes for us males are very girly. I would quite like to see:
Some Hoodies: Link
Something like that in a range of different colours (blue, green, grey, black, white ect.) would be great. Maybe a few patterns or something. Just a simple hoody would be great though.
Some Trilby's:Link
I personally love these sort of hats and would love to be able to get one for my avatar, though the position of the hat is very important, sort of to the side of the head would be pretty sweet.
Sneakers:Link
These type of sneakers that are very popular with Kanye West would be great in different shades of blue or green, needless to say I am not so fond of the dusky pink versions.
Suits:Link
I think that a decent suit would be pretty nice. I mean smart suit, smart shoes, the single rose and a trilby hat, how sweet would that be?
Jeans: Link
Some jeans in that style would be pretty sweet too. Nice and baggy.

Garrison

Old 03-13-2010, 05:29 PM

Steam punk is cool but there are so many other guy type fashions other than plain old Tshirts and Jeans. I am just trying to get clothes for my avatar since you start out with no clothes.:feesh:

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 03-22-2010, 11:25 AM

You guys know my opinions. But no girly, emo, or clothes that make the guys look like a bunch of feminine bitches. More pants and jackets is the biggest thing for me. Not all fancy jackets just normal jackets. Maybe a few more shorts that go to the knee, or right above =3

Damaru the Fallen
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Damaru the Fallen Send a message via MSN to Damaru the Fallen Send a message via Yahoo to Damaru the Fallen

Old 03-22-2010, 05:50 PM

@Tij: Please remember to keep the language pg-13.
Anyways, staying on topic, I'll post more later. But a lot of the "runway" type stuff that people have been posting it soo...bleh. I'm a guy. I work a very physically demanding job, I get sweaty and nasty, I come home and scratch myself. I'm a normal guy, and I bet a lot of the actual guys on here (not just girls posing) are too. Just give us some rugged stuff that we can find useful in our everyday lives. I wear work boots, dickies jeans, and a white tee for work half the time. Other than that some really nice blue jeans would be nice. And no just skinny's like a lot of the shop ones seem to be. Have some relaxed fit and what not. And please stop making them all end at the ankle, I mean, NO one that I know personally wears those types of pants anymore. Heck, all of the jeans I have actually cover the top and back of my shoe 90% of the time. Some more hoodies would be cool as well, especially some zip-up ones. And if your going to add some of those, I suggest that they not all look like mediums. Some of us do wear XL clothes ya know. I like to have a little bit of space, not have my stuff skin tight. Also, layering wold be nice. A lot of times when I go up I wear a thinner long sleeve shirt with a tee shirt or polo over it. Just feels comfortable. Oh, and what about vet's like me? I'd love to wear some of my old fatigues on my avi. Pants, boots, jacket, just the gear. Heck, even a gillie suit would be cool (for those of you that don't know what it is, it's the suit that makes you look like a bush when your hiding in a fixed location on a ridgeline with your rifle out, laying motionless in one place as you wait for your target, sometimes for days if you get bad intel). Even if it wasn't fatigues, some nice camo cargo pants would be nice. Also, let's try to away from all the high end designer stuff. No REAL guy that works for his food and is worth any salt at all is going to be walking around in any pairs of jeans that cost more than $30 usually. That's more so for the younger generation that's either just out of high school or in high school that get mommy and daddy to but it for them. Know where real men shop? Walmart, kmart, and other stores like that. Because we know we can find GAP pants that cost $65 at the gap store for wayyyyyy less. They're a year or two old you say? Out of style? Who cares! They are more than likely just going to end up with holes in them anyways. That's another thing, if you EVER put holes in the pants for the avi's make them look real, because only morons go out and pay twice as much for pants with holes in the knees. I mean heck, just get a pair and walk on your knees on some carpet if you want holes that bad. Also, stripes are alright, but never go for horizontal. Vertical are what your going to want. And please, one color stripe, if you get a shirt that's got 2 or 3 different color stripes on it, then that's 2 or 3 colors too much. Remember the golden rule: K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid. As far as jackets go, a nice denim one would be cool. But just as the pants with the ankle, don't have the sleeves end right at the wrist. Have them cover the hands a little bit. Wayyy more comfortable that way. And Blazers are kind of "out" when it comes to "real" men. Once again, that's something for the rich and famous, not the average. A nice wind breaker or sports jacket would be nice. One of the half-zip styles too. Messenger bag's or sandals are nice too. But nothing too strappy. And makes sure it's a messenger bag, not a murse or a satchel. Too girly. Chrome has some nice style ones. And as Keyori has said on the previous page, facial hair would be awesome. Like a nice goatee or a good 5-o'clock shadow, not the cheesy mustaches. And yes as several others have said, more hair styles.

Anyways, I'm off to work now, so I might add more later I might not. But some feedback would be great either way!

Here are some links with some ideas:
http://www.gap.com/browse
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=197017/product.do?cid=5138&vid=1&pid=675319
Shop clothes for women, men, maternity, baby, and kids | Gap
http://whateveruwant.com.au/LImage.aspx?i=534&t=1

Last edited by Damaru the Fallen; 03-22-2010 at 09:27 PM..

ljosberinn

Old 03-22-2010, 08:05 PM

Damaru. Dude. Sorry, but speak for yourself, mate. You're generalising a whole lot in your post as well as making it sound as though any man who doesn't share your taste in clothing somehow isn't a "real" man. Which is pretty damn offensive for those of us that don't.
Also, Hot Gossip has some baggy jeans on page 14 that end well below the ankle, and I'm sure I have seen shirts around that are t-shirts with long sleeves sticking out from beneath them, though I can't remember where and can't be bothered looking for them.
Sure we could do with more basic stuff, and I agree with some of your suggestions, even if they're not what I'd ever use for my avatar. But some of us are also bored with so many of the masculine items being exactly that: basic and plain and boring. Anyway, no matter what your tastes are, insulting other people's tastes is just.. way off.

Damaru the Fallen
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Damaru the Fallen Send a message via MSN to Damaru the Fallen Send a message via Yahoo to Damaru the Fallen

Old 03-22-2010, 09:20 PM

Ok, first off, watch the language, this is a PG-13 site. Second, I never once insulted ANYONE'S taste in fashion. I simply stated my taste and when I refer to we or us, I mean other guy's that share my taste in fashion. And when I say "real" men I am referring to the stereotype of a man where you see him doing construction or hard labor as that's the industry that i work in. And since when are we allowed to bash other people for their opinions, because if I remember correctly, the Admin's and mods were asking for our opinion, and that's just what I gave. So take a chill pill on the personal assault angle as I never once singled anyone out. If you would like to me to single YOU out so that your post has some validity, I would be happy to oblige with permission from the admin team.

Last edited by Damaru the Fallen; 03-22-2010 at 09:28 PM..

ljosberinn

Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 PM

...Okay, now I'm just confused. What did I say that would not be suitable for a PG-13 site? (Or is that just your usual way of starting your messages? Because I don't see anything wrong with Tijdon's message either, though I'll admit that's none of my business.) And just saying, you sound pretty worked up about this in your earlier message, and it did come off as pretty offensive, at least to me. If you read my whole post, I do agree with your opinion. Just not the way you presented them.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 03-23-2010, 05:21 PM

I just wanted to pop in here and say that cursing is allowed on Mene, as long as it's not directed to someone -- ie. Calling someone a "bitch", etc. would not be allowed. Just FYI for the future. While yes, this is a PG-13 site, curse words fall under the PG-13 category.

You all have the right to post your ideas on what you'd like to see, and I haven't seen anything offensive in Tijdon or ljos's posts, so let's not get all worked up Damaru. :yes:

For the record, there are baggy men's pants/jeans, as well as cargo shorts. You'll just have to look through the shops to find them. We also have a wide variety of t-shirts and long-sleeved shirts that can also be layered. :yes:

Last edited by Sizzla; 03-23-2010 at 05:23 PM..

Damaru the Fallen
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 03-24-2010, 12:57 AM

As for the language that is just my personal opinion talking. Even though it may be PG-13, I DO have a 13 year old cousin on this site that honestly doesn't really need to be seeing the cussing (even though I'm sure she's heard it all and more).

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 03-24-2010, 01:17 AM

If "damn" and "bitch" are what you're referring to, then you really have no case. Even the FCC permits the terms to be used during daytime programming, well outside of Safe Harbor hours (during which "profanities" may be played... such as the f-bomb and racial slurs).

Travesty

Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 PM

This isn't really an item suggestion, but it's still a suggestion for male avatars.

We need beards.
Here's a picture displaying the various beard types:
http://www.yeeeeee.com/wp-content/20...eardtypes1.jpg

I've browsed all over, and the only thing we have are those goatees from one of the donation items (I forget what it was called, but it's a goat/satyr type item).
I really want a beard for my avatar because I don't want him to look like a pre-adolescent pretty boy. It's too easy to make an avatar androgynous or feminine. I think having a better selection of beards will help this a lot.

Since it's facial hair, I think the obvious place to put this... is to have a "facial hair" tab in the avatar editing... uhm... place. That way, we could also choose the first and second color of the beards from a color wheel just like the regular hair.
By the way, I really admire Mene's hair system.