zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-09-2012, 11:08 PM

@ Jelly: Oooh, sparkly! I also can't believe the color difference between those to pictures even though it's the same shade! It's funny because were just talking about how hard it is to get good pictures of nails.

@ Secret: I take mine with my phone too. ^^;

I can't say I've ever seen any Chanel polish in stores but I could imagine it being expensive.

Also, I should get around to posting that pic of my new nails sometime... >.>

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 AM

zigbigadorlube: My phone camera isn't all that good. Though there are some cell phones that have really good cameras. O.o;

You'd probably see it in a high end department store, like Neiman Marcus or anywhere you'd find Chanel products. I've never actually see a bottle in person but I've seen some YouTubers with it.

I'd take a picture of my new nails but I still have that nail applique from the previous nails which doesn't actually match. xD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-10-2012, 01:08 AM

My light puts a really warm cast over everything, it seems to have the largest effect on purple though, for some reason! I have some Opi polish that it does the exact same to, look.
My bottle The actual colour

I'm glad someone thinks my nails look nice, as I have to paint them to hide how awful they are :gonk: All flaking and battered. Poor nails :(

I'm not sure what I make of this Gosh polish, application was a bit of a pain as the brush is kind of shit and doesn't fan out nicely, but it got easier as the coats built up. But this was £4.99 for the bottle, so about $7 or so? Not exactly cheap, for what is basically a cheap polish. We'll see how it serves me at work tomorrow, if it doesn't all chip in the bath before I even get there!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 AM

Mine is pretty good but not as good as some.

I've never heard of Neiman Marus before but yeah, department stores would be a good bed.

Here's the pic I promised with the Nubar 2010. The picture really doesn't do it justice, you can hardly see the rainbow effect of the glitter.

----------

I just did my nails the other day and I already have a huge chip off of my middle finger. I wonder if it's the cheap polish I use or just that I work with my hands a lot...

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-10-2012, 01:15 AM

You do fancy things with your cuticles, zig? Looks like you do. I don't mess with mine, I can't see the point really :ninja:

----------

I think that if you work with your hands then your polish is gonna chip no matter what. You could use car paint and it's gonna chip. It doesn't matter how expensive a polish is, or if you use base and top coat too, do manual work and it's gonna chip.

Regardless of what brand I wear, it never survives one day for me at work.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-10-2012, 01:19 AM

I just use the cuticle pusher tool (*doesn't know the real name for it*) in my manicure set to sort of push them back a bit and make them look even after soaking my fingers to soften the skin. I'm not really sure there's a huge point to it to be honest, it's just become a part of my ritual. ^^;

I'm really hoping the more expensive brands I recently bought will hold up a bit better but like you said, they probably won't. V_V

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 AM

I think it really depends on the top coat. I think some top coats hold out a bit better than others. Though there is a lot of people saying the new gel manicures stay on for a really long time.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 01-10-2012, 01:09 PM

jelly: Whenever I see a Gosh stand it always looks bare and messy so I never really look at what they have. I don't like having to build up coats, more than 2 and I pick it off really soon because it's thick. I don't own any OPI, where did you buy yours from? Can you only get it off the internet? I wouldn't know what shops to look for them in.

zig: That's a great colour to put it over! That looks great, I'm sure it looks better in real life though. I don't have a blue like that.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 PM

@ Secret: I've only had a professional manicure done once. I've never heard of this gel manicure but it sounds interesting! And quite possibly expensive... >.>

@ Luna: Jelly mentioned getting them on ebay once...

It was on clearance for $1. ^^; It's already started chipping a bit but I don't have many good blues so I decided to pick it up.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-11-2012, 08:50 PM

zigbigadorlube: I think they are a bit pricey. I remember Ulta was offering a special for them for $25? Dx

I've had acrylics put on once but that was probably the only manicure I've had.

And thinking of Ulta, does anyone know if they are still carrying butter LONDON's The Black Knight? Or if any store is still carrying it? I know it's limited edition but I really want to get it from somewhere other than the butter LONDON site.

Last edited by secretdae007; 01-11-2012 at 08:52 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM

From what I hear that's not terrible... I think my future sister in law said that she paid like $30 to have her fingers and toes done with a French manicure.

I had one once when I graduated high school. My dad had me go as a treat. That feels like it was so long ago though...

I was in Ulta the other day but I didn't see any LONDON things there. Everything in that store seems really spread out and hard to find though so maybe I missed it somehow.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-12-2012, 02:41 AM

zigbigadorlube: I think it depends on where you have it done. Around here it is probably about $35 but I've never had a mani/pedi done at the same time. I got my manicure for my senior prom, which feels slow long ago.

I know what you mean about Ulta. I've only been in mine a few times and always feel so lost in that store. But I'm pretty sure they carry that brand because they've had BOGO sales on that polish. O.o Worse comes to worse though, I can order it from Nordstrom online but I'll have to wait till January 28th for it to ship cause it's back ordered. Dx

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-12-2012, 03:53 AM

I never went to prom... It sort of turned out bad that year anyway so I guess it doesn't matter but it would have been fun to dress up. I didn't really have many friends in my grade so I didn't bother.

I went to Ulta again today but didn't find any of the LONDON polish mentioned. I didn't scour every inch of the store though so maybe it was hiding somewhere. Ugh, backorders... V_V There are these polishes called "Finger Paints" at Sally's. I've never been there before but I sort of want to go to get those paints. Here's a pic:

The picture is from this blog which tells about the polish if anyone's interested in it. I didn't see where it gave a price though so I'm not sure how much it is.

Polish Wasteland: Finger Paints Special Effects = Flakey fun!

It's sort of like the Nubar 2010 that I got but the flakes seem to have more specific colors rather than the sort of random effect I see depending on the light in the Nubar flakes.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-12-2012, 04:11 AM

I went to prom because of my friends and my mom. Never had a date or anything and it wasn't crazy or anything.

Flakes are seem to slowly becoming the next nail trend. Zoya just came out with their own which are similar I think to the ones in the picture you have in that they're more specific colors then the Nubar 2010

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-12-2012, 05:19 AM

The power ended up going out so everyone pretty much sat in darkness most of the night. ^^;

I saw a few Zoya polishes today but I didn't see a flakey one. I sort of like the new flakey polish trend, even if I can't seem to find any of it in stores. >.<

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-12-2012, 05:46 AM

Haha, too bad the theme wasn't glow sticks. xD

I think they started selling it online yesterday[?]. I don't know when it is going to be in stores. I've never specifically looked for Zoya polish.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-12-2012, 10:43 PM

LOL!

Oh, I see. I'll have to check online I guess.

I got tired of my blue nails already. I'm going to make them pink tonight. ^_^

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 AM

I took off a polish today but dunno what I want to do with them. Maybe after work tomorrow I'll have my mind made up. xD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-13-2012, 05:28 AM

I ended up taking off the blue and filing down my nails a bit. They were getting a bit long and I was afraid one might break soon. I'll give them a rest and put the pink on tomorrow after I get home from work since it's already late here. It's kind of funny how we both seem to be on the same schedule!

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 01-13-2012, 12:30 PM

Same here really, I've had them with some clear base coat on for a few days but it's easy to scrape off and they feel weird now, but I haven't painted them in ages so I'm going to do it today or tomorrow sometime. I just have to choose what.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-14-2012, 12:06 AM

zigbigadorlube: Pretty much. xD I'm trying to decide between some colors right now.

lunanuova: I have a nail therapy stuff on my nails now that I put on yesterday.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-15-2012, 05:19 AM

@ Secret: What sort of therapy stuff? I've never tried those before, do you like them? Do they work?

I painted mine with the new pink I got from Essie. I like it but it's a bit fainter than I thought it would be, even with three coats. I'm wondering if it would look better over a white base coat. Still, it's a nice subtle color so I decided to put it on my toenails even, which I never paint.

What did you gals decide to do with your nails?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-15-2012, 09:26 AM

hummy's nails look awful.
all broken and uneven.
hummy's brand new puppie is killing her!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-15-2012, 03:51 PM

Aw, a few broken nails seems like a small price to pay for getting to play with such a cute little guy though, right? I would try cutting them even and relatively short and then use a strengthener on them.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-16-2012, 12:43 AM

zigbigadorlube: It's suppose to protect dry and brittle/peeling nails. Honestly, I don't think one is cutting it for me. >.>;
I decided on a deep burgundy/red.

hummy: I wish I could have a puppy. Dx