Naiyo
*^_^*

Old 09-28-2007, 07:24 PM

well if you have the extra cash go bigger-its more natural to me when using my friends bigger tablet. :3 I personaly only have a 4x5 but I love in none the less. Wacom is the way to go always!! : D best wish and happy cging~

Immortaleyes
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Immortaleyes

Old 09-29-2007, 07:52 PM

Thanks for posting this, it answered a lot of my questions as well.
I'm looking into getting a tablet, and wanted to know the best kind to get.
I hope you find the right one for yourself.

Caghyre
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Caghyre Send a message via Yahoo to Caghyre

Old 10-01-2007, 09:03 AM

Is this one a good tablet? I need advice on which one to get :/

::

http://www.tablet4u.co.uk/product.html?ItemID=686

Freakishly Human
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Freakishly Human Send a message via MSN to Freakishly Human Send a message via Yahoo to Freakishly Human

Old 10-13-2007, 04:04 AM

I have a 6x8 Wacom Graphire. I love it and the size is good for me though someday I might upgrade it. Lately I have been working bigger so it might be time for an upgrade soon!

Raion Ronin
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Raion Ronin

Old 10-13-2007, 05:53 AM

I suggest a 4x5 for now. I have a wacom graphire 4x5 and they typically last me about 3 years of heavy use (Im on tablet number 3 right now lol). The larger tablets have a higher sensitivity level which makes them even more like drawing with pencil on paper.

If you decide to make art your career I suggest getting a larger Intuos (also made by Wacom) More sensitivity means high detail level in your lines.

you can check them out at http://www.wacom.com

Animizu
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2007, 06:32 AM

I think Wacom tablets are the best.

I own a GRaphire4 Studio and I think it is good.

The bigger tablet = the bigger space = the more accurate it is.
That's a difference. If you're a really newb to graphic things, I'd try a smaller one. But if you want to be a professional, take a bigger one.

tehrin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to tehrin Send a message via MSN to tehrin

Old 10-13-2007, 07:41 AM

I used a graphire 4x5 for about 5 years, before upgrading to an Intuos 6x8. 4x5 is actually fine and works very well... it doesn't have any effect on your art. However, if you like to use broader, wider strokes, getting a large tablet may be more helpful for you. By using the smaller tablet, I've gotten into the habit of making very small strokes.

Mew Mew Ninja

Old 10-13-2007, 01:31 PM

What Photoshop do you recomend for the tablets? Cause I have Manga Studio, and its a little hard to draw with a mouse. :roll:

Robotic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 08:20 PM

My tablet is fairly small, it's a Wacom Volito 2, but it's really good. ^.^

shellthabunny
*^_^*

Old 11-02-2007, 04:49 AM

I'd say 6x8 because it will be easier to do large lines and less hand cramp from the small tablet XD

Icicles
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Icicles Send a message via Yahoo to Icicles

Old 11-03-2007, 02:53 AM

how much to tablets usually cost. I'm a great artist but my line art doesn't cut it. I need to take it to the next level and start using a tablet and coloring them. But yeah if someone know that average price can you PM it to me?

Solin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Solin

Old 11-03-2007, 05:09 AM

I have the 6x8 wacom one and I love it, but I wouldn't suggest it if you have limited desk space.

Komitadjie
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Komitadjie

Old 11-04-2007, 06:21 PM

I just was given a Wacom Graphire 3, and I'm just barely learning how to use it. So far I am very impressed, though, it makes some of the stuff I do in Photoshop *so* much easier!

I think I am going to try and learn to colour with it, just because it gives me some opportunities to do things that I could not before.

GarretValentine
*^_^*

Old 11-04-2007, 06:31 PM

I also use 4x5.
I had it for about 6-7 years now, so it's a very old model.
I know that they have better ones out there now
but the smallest old one works great with me.
It's how you get used to it, I think :D

augi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to augi Send a message via MSN to augi

Old 11-04-2007, 09:08 PM

Like what others said, the size really doesn't matter all that much. Some people might prefer a smaller one because of limited desk space while others might want the larger one because of their brush stroke.

I have a Graphire 4 that's 4x5. I think the type of tablet is what matters more. I'd rather have an Intuos than a Graphire, but of course, an Intuous costs more.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2008, 08:46 AM

i would like to get a Wacom
but i dont do much drawing.

i guess because i am not motivated.

upload to DA.
and going through tons of Printer Paper and Line Paper because i set up sketches for Final drawings

a Tablet would likely save money lol
i am just afraid i will tire of it. but i do love drawing. for now its mouse for me. and i use Bender to get a lot of the things i do - out.

i remember years ago when i had the opportunity to get a Wacom for 75 bucks. but didnt know that size didnt matter. so i missed out and my dad got me this 20 dollar tablet. it worked fine (worked as in i lost the disk so i cant install the software) but it was bit clumsy. though i was able to do a lot of things with it.

i will likely invest in this Bamboo thing.

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 AM

I'm not sure if they're being sold still or not, but several years ago, I got a Medion 12x9 tablet, and it supposedly was REALLY cheap- 40 dollars, according to Google.
If those aren't available, then try to get a Aiptek Hyperpen 12000U- it's the same thing as the Medion, but costs a bit more. It's 150 dollars instead of 40, but it's still not that much more than a Wacom tablet.
If you have limited desk space(Mine takes up a good portion of it), go for a smaller Wacom tablet. I don't know of any particular names, but I believe it's a 4x5. A friend of mine has one, and it seems to work well.

organique
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-08-2008, 10:45 PM

unless you're a professional artist working for a company, you don't need anything bigger than the smallest model.

you don't need all that space to make an awesome drawing, plus, you don't need to spend the extra money.

~Darkfox~
*^_^*

Old 01-09-2008, 01:05 AM

I have a Genius 6x8table and although it doesn't have those spiffy looking buttons that one of those models of Intuos but I haven't had any problems with it. it has handy hot cells ( on top it has already programmed some like new,open,save,print,exit,cut,copy,paste, undo, forward, back, e-mail, www) That work in all programs. ( www will open your default browser)

I haven't had any other tablets so I have nothing to compare it too, but it works fine for me.

veryvery

Old 01-11-2008, 03:24 AM

i don't like the new bamboo series, there's a texture they put on the surface that slows down the movement of my stylus considerably. looks like intuos from here on out :/

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 01-11-2008, 10:11 AM

I'd have to agree with veryvery about the Bamboo - the surface is really bad. I use my old Graphire cover on top of it.
The buttons can be fun thought.

I've never found size to be that much of a problem, but I've only ever had a smaller tablet. It does what I want, and I've adapted to working with the small area.

As for brand - Galy is pretty much right with saying Wacom is your safest bet.
Pretty much any of their range would be good. The Bamboo is cheap, but has a crappy surface, and the Graphire is nice, usable and (I think) not to price.

The intuos is awesome, but higher in the price range ~