Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Astromantic Send a message via MSN to Astromantic

Old 03-01-2008, 10:36 PM

Last night I made an animated blinky of my Mene avatar, here:

I was satisfied, but when she says "hello" she says it until the end, and she's only supposed to do that for the 6th and 7th frame when she opens her mouth. I don't know how, but the words stuck themselves onto the frames after that and now it says "hello" until the .gif loops from the beginning...

Can someone help me? I've tried going back into it and erasing the extra hellos, but it didn't work and dropped the quality. And I tried doing it again from scratch, but the same thing happened again. Is there any technique to avoid this from happening?

Btw, I use Jasc Animation Shop for my animations. I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 as well, but I don't know how to animate with that. I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to animating gifs, so can someone please help me out? <3

Sinspiration
Demon Overlord
Send a message via AIM to Sinspiration Send a message via MSN to Sinspiration Send a message via Yahoo to Sinspiration

Old 03-01-2008, 10:53 PM

Well its not Photoshop you use, you need to use Illustrator, I could try and explain if you'd like me to?

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 03-01-2008, 10:55 PM

Okay.

I'm not familiar with the program, but I can think of why it's doing it.

Do you have an option that says something along the lines of Undraw Method: "Undefined, Leave, Restore Background, Restore Previous"?

If it does, make sure you click on Restore Background for every slide.

If not...I suggest you download Microsoft GIF Animator. Uber easy program to use. Has everything you need, and you could follow my instructions. xD

Edit: Okay. So I tried to edit it for you, but it's really weird.

I suggest you start over.

First, take the head. Then edit one bit, and save it. Then edit it again, and save it. Not just parts of the head and overlap them.

So all I can say is to start over. But if you already have all the different parts, it should be easy.

And...I suggest working in Paint and using Microsoft GIF Animator. Convert the image from PNG to GIF using Paint Shop Pro or something. It works the best, trust me.

Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-01-2008, 11:37 PM

@Sinspiration~ I don't have Illustrator anymore, but I was told you can animate in Photoshop too.

@Some Random Randomness~ I never came across any options like that on Jasc. I just checked the toolbars to see and I could not find any of those that you mentioned listed. Jasc is an extremely easy program to use too, and it's never failed me before. ): I'll look into seeing if I could download Microsoft GIF Animator too.

Also, I did make separate frames on MS Paint and I strung them together in Jasc. I didn't edit one frame at a time and overlapped.

I had all them in separate files too, but I don't want to upload 12 different file. XD;

Sinspiration
Demon Overlord
Send a message via AIM to Sinspiration Send a message via MSN to Sinspiration Send a message via Yahoo to Sinspiration

Old 03-02-2008, 01:07 AM

Whoever told you that is telling bull, I use Photoshop daily and I've only ever been able to animate in Illustrator. Unless of course its a feature of CS3 which I don't have just yet.

Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-02-2008, 03:42 AM

There are several animating tutorials online that have to do with Photoshop and ImageReady, which comes with Photoshop. http://www.ehow.com/how_18384_create-animated-gif.html

And when I got my tablet a while back, it came with Photoshop Elements, and it included a tutorial in making animated gifs with that program as well. I just never learned it that way because using Jasc was so much easier.

Parasol
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Parasol

Old 03-02-2008, 06:24 AM

How cute.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 03-02-2008, 07:22 AM

So you want it to look like this? :0

It looked like you didn't turn off the text layer for the remaining slices, but I could be wrong. ^^ I just erased the text with the eraser tool manually on each layer and resaved. (I use ImageReady.)

Very cute, by the way! <3

Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-02-2008, 08:03 AM

Thanks, I'll be selling them on Mene soon. ^^

I think there was just something wrong with the program. xD; My friend did the same thing you did, Ferra, but when I put the frames in before on Jasc, they didn't have the text in the last frames. I took Random's advice and used Microsoft GIF animator instead of Jasc. I think I'll be using that for animating from now on. :3

It'd be nice to see if there was a way to fix that little bug in Jasc, but since it seems no one else uses that program though, I think this thread could be locked, as I don't need further assistance in this matter.

Thanks for the help. ;D