ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:13 AM

It's crazy that a place like Walgreens would be worse to work at than a Taco Bell.

Honestly I only remember the Vamp costume, but gawd that thing still makes me drool when I see it. I LOVE being a vampire at Halloween. Dunno why, but always have.

Meh, at least watch some Halloween movies. :)

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-25-2012, 03:19 AM

Bound - Give it to them tomorrow, win the war, bring our troops home, and whatever other inspirational stuff people give x3. Best of luck getting it all sorted out, those stupid meanies.

Elysium - Oh lord... my screen tastes disgusing. Like static electricity and cleaning fluid.

Oh fuck. I'm like a little kid at the candy store :3. I've never before gotten to splurge on car parts like this. I was already tucking in for a spree to finis up one of my cars but a new development has helped... my folk's nabbed my Sonata to give to some newly weds who need a inexpensive/reliable car. I'd generally be upset if someone stole my belongings but it's more cash in my pocket and a 2006 diesel Bug that gets 52 miles to the gallon to borrow until I finish my lovely car. Kindest act of thievery x3.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 09-25-2012, 03:22 AM

lol well I'm not around when the lobby is open and have minimal exposer to customers in general XD Plus now that the two girls I hated are gone, I like everyone I work with which is a big thing.

But what about the mask then? To many twightlight fans around still to be a vampire again yet XD You don't really get many opportunities to sport a mask around. Is it super delicate? That's my issue I'll still dress up if I work but I just normally do something extravagant like wings or a mermaid tail which I can't work in. I may just do zombie make up and then still just where my uniform a bit scruffed up XD

ElysiumFate

Old 09-25-2012, 03:29 AM

@nonsense: You're lucky you didn't shock yourself! XD

Your parents just took your car? Shit wouldn't fly with me, man. But at least you're happy.

@Birdie: That's wonderful! It was only a matter of time before they got fired or quit.

Oh, I can wear a mask as a vampire, too. I still think I'll just be a gypsy this year, I was just talking about what I like to be otherwise. :) Um, hmm. Let me see if I can get a picture or find it online to show you.

I used to dress up some if I went to school on Halloween, but I decided that was too embarrassing so I don't anymore.

---------- Post added 09-24-2012 at 09:31 PM ----------

Well, that was easy.

Bound Birdie

Old 09-25-2012, 03:37 AM

lol I imagine a screen would taste quite terrible XD

So do you still have something that will get you places for the time being, or do you have to buy parts to get the bug repaired first?

I see that is a nice one. I would still dress up at school and work, it's the one day I can get away with it XD. People never really phase me in that aspect though, I'm very used to get odd looks at any time of the year XD

ElysiumFate

Old 09-25-2012, 03:41 AM

I used to be more comfortable with standing out, but not so much anymore. I like to stand out in a classy way, but not in a "stare at me" kinda way. Freaks me out. I might do crazier makeup than normal this year on Halloween, though.

I think my mask is prettier than the one they had in that picture, so here it is, plus I wanted to show you how the beads dangle. :)

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-25-2012, 03:42 AM

Ew... Twilight.

Elysium - I'm always shocking myself around the house. Everythings covered in static electricity.

They made a offer I couldn't refuse xD. They asked nicely. The money and the borrowing a car with a great new sound system that gets more than double the milliege of my current car? I'm in!

Oooh. Your mask is lovely ^^.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-25-2012, 03:51 AM

I like Edward, that is all. Except for the stalking. That's creepy.

I have this one pair of shoes that builds up static electricity and makes me literally send visible sparks to things a couple inches away. I don't like wearing them because the shocks hurt so bad.

It's nice of you and your parents to do that. I wouldn't do it, but it's nice you guys did.

And thank you. :)

Bound Birdie

Old 09-25-2012, 03:53 AM

lol I never even really think about it. I have always stood out because of my height so, it's that whole you can't fight it embrace it thing XD You are very classy though Especially in that pic.

Exactly, that totally ruined vampires for a little while :(
THOUGH on the deadliest warrior they did use real vampires for there sim and the made me very happy. It was zombies vrs vampires :)

That does sound like a good trade, and did you say you have a bug was well? I love the old bugs they are such cool little cars

ElysiumFate

Old 09-25-2012, 04:02 AM

I always forget how tall you are. I'd love to be really tall, but I guess being average height is okay, too. ^^

Thankies. ^^ I really like the red lipstick look because I think it's so classy, but my mom never forgets to tell me how whorish I look when I wear it. I do it anyway. >.>

I'm kinda torn on the vampire debate. I don't like "real" vampires, and Twilight vamps are too fake for me. I like an inbetween where they aren't allergic to garlic, and can semi-stand the light. That's the kinda vamp I dress up as, not a Twilight one. :)

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-25-2012, 04:12 AM

Edward's a good character except for he's a sparkly misogamist, pedophile, and a stalker xD.

You need to find rubber socks, wear them, and run around shocking the innocents. Upload videos to Youtube.

Well, it's a selfish action for me but it also helps others. I don't have to bother selling it.

Bound - They're alright, but it's just to borrow. I love the older bugs, they have a lot of class. The newer ones are simple, nice, but not my style.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-25-2012, 04:15 AM

I agree with you on all of those except for the misogynist thing. How does that come into play?

Pretty sure that video would go viral, lol. "Shockergirl strikes again!"

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-25-2012, 04:36 AM

Oh, and a wimp. The totally running into the sunlight to commit suicide after have no verification of Bella's death and such a dick that he doesn't even go to her grave, or say "sorry for your loss" to her family. What a dick.

Bella may have the intelligence of a apricot but even still, he treats her like she's going to play in oncoming traffic if he leaves her alone. He's constantly taking command as if she has the ability to make little to no decisions by herself. How I see is he's either a sexist freak or he's a sick freak who is attracted to the mentally disabled. So maybe he's rightfull overly protective and bossy. After suspecting that vampires have brutally murdered numerous people she takes one into a empty forest to tell the vampire that she knows his secret. From there their budding relationship is based on the fact that she's attracted to a man because he wants to kill her but doesn't. It's like stockholm syndrome.

Edit:

All this angst x3. Sorry, I just don't like Edward. He's a terrible vampire.

Last edited by Admonish Misconstruction; 09-25-2012 at 04:40 AM..

ElysiumFate

Old 09-25-2012, 04:43 AM

Yeah, he's not the best boyfriend, is he? The whole of the second book I was pissed (least I think it was the second book) that he ditched her for absolutely no reason and fled to Italy. That is called: "author has no plot left to follow."

I was going to say, Bella's an idiot, she would walk into the middle of the street without him. She does dive off a cliff just to see a mental picture of him floating around her near-dead body in the ocean, after all.

The books could have been much better done. They did have promise, and they were "original" during the time they first came out.

Meyer's other book "The Host" was actually fantastic, imo, though.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-25-2012, 04:54 AM

I suppose, for me the execution can make or ruin a book. I'm currently reading the Windup Girl which is absolutely fantastic, brilliantly written, and unimaginably original. It's like bathing in a pool of fantastic. Compared to all of the exceptionally original and well executed books it gets kicked down a flight of proverbial stairs. A story about a goldfish that becomes Santa and swims across the Atlantic to save a duck named Steve to help him in the North Pole, and who is a single father struggling to make divorce payments to a Canadian ostrich is original too xD. The characters were rather dull, the story line was eh, vampires were practically ruin, and the writing was abysmal.

I never read the Host, maybe I'll pick it up sometime. I didn't know she had written anything else.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-25-2012, 05:10 AM

I'll have you know I had to read that twice and I said "wtf" each time.

Ah, steampunk biowarfare fiction, that's interesting. I've recently been reading a series of books set in a steampunk version of London, and I love the setting.

Don't get me wrong, if you're expecting a masterpiece of the ages, The Host won't be that, but I loved that book. I've no idea if the concept presented in it was original, but I loved it. It was all about an alien race that takes over the bodies of the main intelligent lifeform of other planets in hopes to either understand other cultures or save the planet from said main race destroying it.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 09-25-2012, 05:11 AM

The Host was actually really awesome. I just read it. >.>

ElysiumFate

Old 09-25-2012, 05:26 AM

Hey, Kita. :)

It was hard to admit to its awesomeness knowing it was Stephanie Meyer, wasn't it?

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 09-25-2012, 05:30 AM

Eh, I'm not one to really stand out much anymore. ^^" Sadly I blend in and don't wear makeup. ^^"

Kind of disappeared today. Did some errands, watched some Wallander, made soup in the crockpot, went to class, watched the football game (which I will spare you guys from my rant about how I am angry at the NFL locking out the pro refs and going for refs who are not in the league for a reason), and watched more Wallander.
Sadly though it is close to bed time for me. ^^" I have work in the morning, but no class tomorrow or wed (thanks to Yom Kippur)

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 AM

Elysium - I'm a little sleepy, my "making sense" meters pretty freaking low x3.

Oh, what series? And the books fabulous. Very steadily becoming one of my favorites.

Perhaps, perhaps. Sounds decent enough. Did she write it in first person? That's a pretty swift turn off. Very few writers can pull off writing in first person. I've been trying to be stingy with my reading, I'm currently reading... six or seven books. Not including the dozen school related ones and articles x3.

Kitami - Hello ^^.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 AM

@Ser: I stand out, but I deny it if someone accuses me of it.

Your school actually gives you time off for a Jewish holiday?

@nonsense: The series is called "The Parasol Protectorate." It is definitely aimed at women, so I can't say that you'd like it, but it's been a long time since I laughed so hard.

And yes, it's in first person, but it makes the story so much more interesting considering the plot. Trust me, a third person view of an intense mental battle between two souls in the same body would not make sense.

Lol, I read one book at a time, but I've usually got five books piled up to read after it.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 AM

Elysium - Hm. Interesting *Googles*. Interesting... vampires, tarts, and dead relatives. Maybe, maybe not. Slightly on topic: I don't know why but I've always viewed literature as rather genderless. I mean a good book's a good book?

I like first person, it's just really hard to pull off because most authors end up repeating the same words and sentences over and over again.

Piles of books are fantastic! Always have more on the table.

My head can't swim around too many pools on the same subject at a time x3. My brain hasn't managed that yet instead it sort of slumps into a mess, especially when I try to read multiple fiction books.

Bound Birdie

Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 AM

Sorry about that poofing T-mobile called me back for "resolution" that was no such thing so russ to me out to dinner to calm me down

ElysiumFate

Old 09-25-2012, 06:09 AM

@nonsense: I agree, it's just that I've never heard of a guy who was interested in reading books with big oiled shirtless Irish men on the covers. Those might be considered fantastic literature to a woman (or a highly effeminate gay man), but probably not for a regular Joe.

It's true, it's hard to pull off, but I don't remember The Host being all that bad for being repetitive. If Stephenie Meyer was remembered for The Host instead of Twilight, people would like her much much more.

At most I can read a fiction book and a (auto)biography at the same time. Otherwise I lose track of characters and wtf is going on. I do like to read extremely complex pieces of science fiction, and I can't keep all that shit together if I'm reading more than one of them at once.

@Birdie: At least you got dinner. Hopefully you'll actually get a resolution tomorrow.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-25-2012, 06:19 AM

Bound - I'm sorry. Hopefully you enjoyed your dinner, at least.

Elysium - Depends, are they attractive oiled Irish men?

I suppose there's only one way to find out! x3 Read it. I don't really know why Twilight caught on like wildfire. We remember Ray Bradbury for Fahrenheit 451 but Dark Carnival is by far my favorite.

That's how I am with reading A Song of Fire and Ice. I simply can't keep up with everything.